Arrests for racial abuse at Tynecastle

Jamboelite

There's absolutely 100% no chance anyone at Tynecastle was singing "stand up if you hate the blacks". If this is indeed the alleged offence I'm looking forward to the apologies from the media, Motherwell staff and all the drama queens amongst our own support who couldn't wait to stick the boot in. I doubt they'll be forthcoming though. A collumn inch or two if we're lucky.

The clamber from a sizable chunk on here who can't wait for these allegations to be proven as fact is really disappointing. Whole sections of the support being branded by the virtue signallers among us.

Certainly are a divided support.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I realise you are trying to be smart and a little cute but if you are going to start calling people ignorant I suggest you read up on this. The British flag is commonly accepted as being referenced as the Union Jack. Almost the entire United Kingdom refers to it as such. I am sure we all know the nautical origins but the only time I ever her the flag being referenced as the "Union Flag" is where people are trying to be smart and cute. Literally a minority of people refer to it as anything but the Union Jack. It is a Universal symbol and the most recognised flag on the planet. A flag universally recognised as the "Union Jack".

Who gives a **** it's got nothing to do with Hearts and is associated with racism and sectarianism when used in a football context.

It's the flag of the moron at the football.

Save it for Royal visits etc

2 minutes ago, JyTees said:

There's absolutely 100% no chance anyone at Tynecastle was singing "stand up if you hate the blacks". If this is indeed the alleged offence I'm looking forward to the apologies from the media, Motherwell staff and all the drama queens amongst our own support who couldn't wait to stick the boot in. I doubt they'll be forthcoming though. A collumn inch or two if we're lucky.

The clamber from a sizable chunk on here who can't wait for these allegations to be proven as fact is really disappointing. Whole sections of the support being branded by the virtue signallers among us.

I wouldn’t say so , small minority behave inappropriately , its admitting there is an issue we need to root out. Something the bulk of fans feel is unfortunate but necessary. 

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

I find it bizarre. Pathetic and moronic too.

It is certainly bizarre which is looking like why this has all happened. The Motherwell player was warming up infront of section N and he hears fans sing and point to no-one in particular "Stand up if you hate kickback". He thinks they are pointing to him and singing "the black". He is none the wiser as it is not a recognisable chant. Like without doubt not once will that ever have been heard in the world at a game not involving Hearts.

It is kinda like when Hearts fans put their hands up as they sing and people see it as Nazi salutes when it is compleely innocent. I REALLY hope this is all an innocent misunderstanding where unfortunately there has been collateral damage on our side.

We'll, I guess I'll just have to remain bemusedly baffled.

I suppose the world would be a poorer place if we all shared similar tastes.

4 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Now u say this I did hear the we hate kickback atleast once don't know if they were singing stand up if they hate kickback though.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is certainly bizarre which is looking like why this has all happened. The Motherwell player was warming up infront of section N and he hears fans sing and point to no-one in particular "Stand up if you hate kickback". He thinks they are pointing to him and singing "the black". He is none the wiser as it is not a recognisable chant. Like without doubt not once will that ever have been heard in the world at a game not involving Hearts.

It is kinda like when Hearts fans put their hands up as they sing and people see it as Nazi salutes when it is compleely innocent. I REALLY hope this is all an innocent misunderstanding where unfortunately there has been collateral damage on our side.

Worth pointing out that we don't know what the player thought or assumed. As far as I'm aware he hasn't said anything about it himself.

It may just have been the Motherwell staff who made the connection.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I wouldn’t say so , small minority behave inappropriately , its admitting there is an issue we need to root out. Something the bulk of fans feel is unfortunate but necessary. 

There's folk being found guilty by association just because where they sit/stand in the ground. Whole sections being branded racists, knuckle draggers, neanderthals etc.

Just now, redm said:

Worth pointing out that we don't know what the player thought or assumed. As far as I'm aware he hasn't said anything about it himself.

It may just have been the Motherwell staff who made the connection.

Correct.

What I find amusing about the Kickback chants/songs, is that the JKB posters they are aiming it at, most likely have an issue with the moderation and administration of the forum themselves. I can’t imagine there are ‘Kickback fans’ out there who would get offended about someone slagging off a forum that they post on. This idea that JKB is a homogenous entity where everyone is in a constant state of concensus. Now that’s amusing. ?

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Boof said:

I don't think I need to get over myself.

I just don't understand why anyone can find it remotely amusing. 

Fair enough. Some folk think that yon Mcintyre chap is funny, and I just don't see it. ?

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is certainly bizarre which is looking like why this has all happened.

That's the problem with in-jokes (even cringeworthy unfunny ones) - if you're not 'in' you're liable to misinterpret the intent.

fabienleclerq

If they have indeed been cleared I think the club need to look at their policy regarding banning fans with little or no evidence. I did find it strange this happened and no video appeared online.

4 minutes ago, JyTees said:

There's folk being found guilty by association just because where they sit/stand in the ground. Whole sections being branded racists, knuckle draggers, neanderthals etc.

Is there though , no one is saying all of N or G are neanderthals or racists etc. Everyone seems to be saying that these two sections have a concentrated number of these types of individuals and as such they are being tackled more strictly than the rest of the ground.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

This idea that JKB is a homogenous entity where everyone is in a constant state of concensus. Now that’s amusing. ?

God forbid. It would need to change its name to ****.

Edited by Governor Tarkin
Cant believe the name of another hearts forum is on the swear filter list.

23 minutes ago, Boof said:

I find it bizarre. Pathetic and moronic too.

Is this what it has come to. We can’t even have a bit of banter between ourselves as fans now. 

4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

If they have indeed been cleared I think the club need to look at their policy regarding banning fans with little or no evidence. I did find it strange this happened and no video appeared online.

Not really , they have to act on the police position. Especially in current circumstances. Again look at the wording indefinite ban that pretty much says this is our initial position until more is known. 

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

??? tbf it deserves to be a swear word

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:gok:

That is genius.

1 minute ago, Ministry MK2 said:

Is this what it has come to. We can’t even have a bit of banter between ourselves as fans now. 

Best one was "Big Stand" "Wee stand".

However if you listen very carefully it could be mistaken for Kill all catholics and Jews.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

True. I always find it quite amusing when members of JKB come on and berate “Kickback” for this that and the next thing, for example. What they really mean, is “I hate people who don’t agree with me”. They just so happen to also post on the same forum as them, which makes it all more completely bizarre. ?

Who is the Kickback they hate? Themselves? The guy who posts the videos of the games? Me? You? I8hibsh? It’s totally mental, likes. Kickback is never in enough agreement about something/anything to be on a side. :rofl:

Dagger Is Back

What a cluster @@@@ this is turning out to be.

Lesson learned for me. Keep your big mouth shut until the whole story is confirmed.

In saying that, if there have been no racist chants, some folks have got a lot of explaining and apologising to do.

3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Lesson learned for me. Keep your big mouth shut until the whole story is confirmed.

In saying that, if there have been no racist chants, some folks have got a lot of explaining and apologising to do.

To be fair it might still have happened but the likelihood is that it has been one Royal misunderstanding. Like something from a Benny Hill sketch. Sadly, it is not making anyone laugh as it is going to damage our reputation either way.

Edited by i8hibsh

11 minutes ago, Ministry MK2 said:

Nobody's stopping you from having banter.

Same as nobody's going to stop me from finding this particular so-called banter bizarre, pathetic and moronic. 

Fozzyonthefence

Interestingly the BBC headline doesn’t use the word “allegedly “ so could be apologies all round, and Robinson and Budge make it sound very matter of fact too.  This could be rather embarrassing for a number of parties.

41868189-1659-4A95-9374-817983EC082D.jpeg

Just now, Boof said:

Nobody's stopping you from having banter.

Same as nobody's going to stop me from finding this particular so-called banter bizarre, pathetic and moronic. 

Can we sing hibs.net is for wankers? That is certainly gotta be more true than JKB.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Interestingly the BBC headline doesn’t use the word “allegedly “ so could be apologies all round, and Robinson and Budge make it sound very matter of fact too.  This could be rather embarrassing for a number of parties.

41868189-1659-4A95-9374-817983EC082D.jpeg

The BBC always go for the jugular when it is a far right story.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Can we sing hibs.net is for wankers? That is certainly gotta be more true than JKB.

Doesn’t scan very well. Too many syllables. Plus I doubt anyone would be particularly surprised by this news anyway. What they should do instead, is print some more tee shirts. They used to cut about in white tee shirts with ‘Gorgie Loyal’ printed on them in red letters. It was kinda cute. Like a wee gang. Not dissimilar to Bradley Welsh and his pals having “laminated CCS membership cards” in their Velcro Lacoste Wallets. :lol:

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Go ahead and sing your socks off - you don't need my permission :lol:

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

To be fair it might still have happened but the likelihood is that it has been one Royal misunderstanding. Like something from a Benny Hill sketch. Sadly, it is not making anyone laugh as it is going to damage our reputation either way.

If a couple of wrongful arrests have been made, I don’t see how that damages our reputation.

I don’t know what happened but the “stand up if you hate Kickback” explanation sounds more plausible to me than 20 fans all singing about hating blacks. 

Dagger Is Back
32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I’d expect a club statement this week if there are no charges to be brought.

I’d also expect one from Robinson too.

I don’t see that it damages our reputation if there are no charges to be brought though.

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Love the 'born under a UJ' song. It is entirely clean and has been part of our song book for well over 30 years. One of the first songs I remember at Tynie. Ususlly followed the Eamon Bannon song.

Whatever version Rangers fans sing (which I assume is your issue with it) is up to them and has no bearing on our fans. **** em. Hope we always sing that song.

"Do you know where hell is? Hell is Easter Road. Heaven is Tynecastle where the Hibees shite their load. Oh I was born on a Union Jack" What the bleedin eck is wrong with that?*

If anyone has a problem with someone's Britishness then tough shit.

*I have only ever heard us sing this version. If another one was sung yesterday then I do not know it and do not support it 

**** sake.

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, JyTees said:

Very easy to figure out which songs you'd love heard at Tynecastle.

Cretinous.

WhenTheHeartsWentUp

This place is something else   :cornette:

If you think that this was a mixup by the police because kickback and black rhyme then youre almost as thick as the racists are

Didnt make the game on saturday but very likely for me that some of the daft laddies down the bottom shouted stuff at the motherwell boy and got caught on camera doing it

Edited by WhenTheHeartsWentUp

Geoff Kilpatrick

I really hope the "stand up if you hate Kickback" thing is true. The cringe factor for being an utter moron is karma in action!

WhenTheHeartsWentUp

Meant to add that this is not just a hearts problem. Have mates who follow other clubs who have said they have heard similar things too. A sad number of people in this country think its acceptable to shout stuff at black players. So hibs and the rest can get off the high horse..

Edited by WhenTheHeartsWentUp

AlphonseCapone
4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm sure there is, red. :lol:

This wee spat between a section of our support and Kickback is fairly amusing though.

I'm sure (hope) that nobody takes it at all seriously.

If it turns out that folk were lifted for racism when in fact they were just having a dig at Kickback it would be just chocolate.

Brave word choice in the circumstances..... 

4 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Tbf, from what we've heard from the likes of Robinson and the swift action of the police and Hearts it was portrayed as very clear cut. Like Robinson said he has saw the video and it's a disgrace. From all of that it comes across like their are no doubts. 

So I don't random punters on the Internet should feel bad from presuming something happened. What an absolute calamity if it turns out to be false. 

fabienleclerq
5 hours ago, sadj said:

Not really , they have to act on the police position. Especially in current circumstances. Again look at the wording indefinite ban that pretty much says this is our initial position until more is known. 

So you're happy with guilty until proven innocent? Not really what I expect from the club.

2 hours ago, WhenTheHeartsWentUp said:

If you think that this was a mixup by the police because kickback and black rhyme then youre almost as thick as the racists are

Didnt make the game on saturday but very likely for me that some of the daft laddies down the bottom shouted stuff at the motherwell boy and got caught on camera doing it

Another one that’s buzzing to see Hearts fans being accused of racial abuse. Can’t admit it might be a misunderstanding because that didn’t fit their agenda, if you read the comments made by Robinson, the only person that reported it in the media, he states it was a group of around 20 shouting racial abuse at Mbulu, not a couple of daft laddies. 20 folk never shouted/sung racial abuse at Mbulu otherwise at lets one person on here would be able to tell you it happened, which no one has. I am around 10 yards away from the alleged culprits and I didn’t hear anything racist from that area, sectarian yes, but not racist. If it was a couple of idiots making racial slurs as insults to the player then I would believe it happened but because of what Robinson has said I have my doubts.

haveyouheard 22
9 minutes ago, Uche Gang said:

Another one that’s buzzing to see Hearts fans being accused of racial abuse. Can’t admit it might be a misunderstanding because that didn’t fit their agenda, if you read the comments made by Robinson, the only person that reported it in the media, he states it was a group of around 20 shouting racial abuse at Mbulu, not a couple of daft laddies. 20 folk never shouted/sung racial abuse at Mbulu otherwise at lets one person on here would be able to tell you it happened, which no one has. I am around 10 yards away from the alleged culprits and I didn’t hear anything racist from that area, sectarian yes, but not racist. If it was a couple of idiots making racial slurs as insults to the player then I would believe it happened but because of what Robinson has said I have my doubts.

The guys are guilty according to many on KB..I'll wait to see what pans out  further down the line 

5 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If a couple of wrongful arrests have been made, I don’t see how that damages our reputation.

I don’t know what happened but the “stand up if you hate Kickback” explanation sounds more plausible to me than 20 fans all singing about hating blacks. 

When you are messing around with racism, no matter what, it sticks. Regardless of outcome people will start associating our club with it. Like that guy at work who was accused of slapping the co-workers arse, he is formally cleared of all wrong doing but he is still 'that guy'. It is highly sticky and dangerous stuff.

Dave McCreery's knee

Being reported in the press this morning as up to 20 fans filmed shouting abuse as players performed pre-match warm up routine. Was the Kickback song sung pre-match ?

2 hours ago, WhenTheHeartsWentUp said:

Well that will be that then. Case closed. Think otherwise and you are "thick".

"I wasnae there yer honour an ave no seen a video but likely we did it"

**** sake man. I hooe you never sit on a jury.

fabienleclerq
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Like that guy at work who was accused of slapping the co-workers arse, he is formally cleared of all wrong doing but he is still 'that guy'. It is highly sticky and dangerous stuff.

Can't believe you got away with that...

What an absolute calamity for everyone involved, and I say that about folk on every side of this very sorry debacle.

Every single part of this is a sad and sorry reflection of modern day football - whether its singing stupid songs about internet forums, or people itching to hear things that aren't there, or people falling over themselves to vilify their fellow supporters......... the whole entire thing is just a shambles.

Imagine singing about an internet forum. :gok:

:cornette:

9 minutes ago, Erik said:

What an absolute calamity for everyone involved, and I say that about folk on every side of this very sorry debacle.

Every single part of this is a sad and sorry reflection of modern day football - whether its singing stupid songs about internet forums, or people itching to hear things that aren't there, or people falling over themselves to vilify their fellow supporters......... the whole entire thing is just a shambles.

Wheres the LIKE button ? 

18 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Can't believe you got away with that...

it was only a little tap ffs

6 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I’d expect a club statement this week if there are no charges to be brought.

I’d also expect one from Robinson too.

I don’t see that it damages our reputation if there are no charges to be brought though.

Charges have already been brought against the individuals and they have been reported to the Procurator Fiscal. It’s likely further charges will follow against a few more fans.

A fair few people assuming this is all a misunderstanding of the JKB song. Pretty sure “stand up if you hate Kickback” doesn’t involve pointing aggressively at the nearest black person :whistling:

Edited by To Be Frank

• cosanostra locked this topic