Tommy Robinson

DB-14

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Well we can't say we are for everyone when we are not.  Everyone means, well................everyone.  "Everyone" does not have caveats.

As I said, obtuse twaddle. Most people don’t need things broken down in to little chunks like a three year old’s turkey dinosaurs before they can digest it. ?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• ri Alban

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

As I said, obtuse twaddle. Most people don’t need things broken down in to little chunks like a three year old’s turkey dinosaurs before they can digest it. ?

The words "you are not welcome" has probably appeared 100 times on this thread.  How can we say we are for "everyone"?

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The words "you are not welcome" has probably appeared 100 times on this thread.  How can we say we are for "everyone"?

There’s a massive difference between making people feel unwelcome based on the colour of their skin, their religion or the country the hail from, and telling folk who behave in that manner that they are the ones who are not welcome. Being a bigoted jakey fud is not a race or religion. 

40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully a Facebook page will follow. Hearts against Hate.

AE471DDD-2028-416E-8005-8F2CE35E0884.png

24A8D2C3-5DCB-4516-A87B-93F2FB37E626.png

:yas:

41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Very nice! 

9 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

There’s a massive difference between making people feel unwelcome based on the colour of their skin, their religion or the country the hail from, and telling folk who behave in that manner that they are the ones who are not welcome. Being a bigoted jakey fud is not a race or religion. 

Do people of colour etc feel unwelcome? I just don't see it.  I see quite a lot of poc at Tynie and it is great.  I find the need to do this all 'very Celtic'.  I just don't think poc etc are desperate to go to tynie but are scared to as don't feel welcome.  It is absurd.

Edited by i8hibsh

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This thread is proof that Hearts are not for "for everyone".  

A bit like when the Scottish Nationalists shout about how 'inclusive' they are but tell anyone who is a proud Brit to GTF.

As do British Nationalists, have you heard them talk about Brexit?

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Do people of colour etc feel unwelcome? I just don't see it.  I see quite a lot of poc at Tynie and it is great.  I find the need to do this all 'very Celtic'.  I just don't think poc etc are desperate to go to tynie but are scared to as don't feel welcome.  It is absurd.

Is there any limit to your stupidity?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

As do British Nationalists, have you heard them talk about Brexit?

No, I don't listen to them much.  I imagine they don't advertise themselves as 'inclusive' though. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Is there any limit to your stupidity?

A standard response from someone with nothing else to say.

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I don't want that Sandy Hook denier-supporting con-man career criminal or his drunken Nazi saluting cronies and his hooligan reputation anywhere near Edinburgh let alone Tynecastle.

If that makes us "uninclusive" then not a **** is given by me :) .

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

A standard response from someone with nothing else to say.

Do you not think the sectarian songs might put off a certain demographic?

The association with TR, same question?

2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

I genuinely can't remember the last time I heard a sectarian/racist song at Tynie.

Are we really thinking 5 Stone Island clad TR followers out of 20,000 are going to put off an entire sect/race/creed etc?

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Do people of colour etc feel unwelcome? I just don't see it.  I see quite a lot of poc at Tynie and it is great.  I find the need to do this all 'very Celtic'.  I just don't think poc etc are desperate to go to tynie but are scraed as don't feel welcome.  It is absurd.

Has Tommy Robinson been made to feel unwelcome whilst “at Tynecastle”? 

Whilst we have folk who sing that Pakistanis and Jewish people are as welcome in Edinburgh as AIDS, black players being called coons and songs about bathing in the blood of Catholics, then you will have an image that will be off-putting for some. 

Now before you say that these songs and chants (two of them anyway) are not sung or chanted at Tynie, I know. They are however part of the repertoire of these particular supporters, as was seen by their shared social media content. Also it doesn’t take long to pick up on it if you venture in to certain places at certain times close to the ground. Is it off-putting? Yes, it is for some. I had to think twice before taking my Anglo-Indian brother in law along to a derby a few years ago. I needn’t have bothered as he has a pretty thick skin and he does a bit of boxing, but I wasn’t particularly keen on the awkwardness of being somewhere with him when certain songs or chants were indulged in. 

My best mate is a Catholic, and certainly no shrinking violet, and whenever I bring him along to a game there is the possibility of him getting pissed off with the Fenian blood shite and kicking off. Again I’d be less worried for him than the folk who started up the chant, but that’s not the point. The point is, we should not be trying to put people of coming to games because they could be made to feel singled out and unwelcome based on their religion or race.

I will start taking my daughter to games pretty soon, but not quite yet. She is mixed race and I really do t want her to be made to feel unwelcome. I want her to enjoy going like I did when I started going with my Dad in the eighties.

Robinson and his hanger ons want to exclude people based on bigotry, and for that reason, they can go **** themselves. They are not entitled to the same acceptance as those they try and single out.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Why do the left always mollycoddle other races/genders etc and treat them like little babies, it is so patronising.  

Edited by i8hibsh

I genuinely can't remember the last time I heard a sectarian/racist song at Tynie.

Are we really thinking 5 Stone Island clad TR followers out of 20,000 are going to put off an entire sect/race/creed etc?

A standard response from someone who doesn’t want to answer a question. 

6 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

No, believe it or not 'other demographics' are not ickle vulnerable babies who need us to help them through life.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

No, believe it or not 'other demographics' are not ickle vulnerable babies who need us to help them through life.

?

Wow just wow. 

So you condone the sectarian singing?

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Wow just wow. 

Well it is pathetic. So patronising.  Always speaking on 'other demographics' behalf.  

Just now, Bad Religion said:

So you condone the sectarian singing?

No.  Did I say otherwise?

A gay person, Muslim or poc (etc) does not need me to speak on their behalf.

Edited by i8hibsh

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No, I don't listen to them much.  I imagine they don't advertise themselves as 'inclusive' though. 

You are a British Nationalist, can’t you hear yourself talk? If you haven’t heard a sectarian song at Tynie recently you must be deaf.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Well it is pathetic. So patronising.  Always speaking on 'other demographics' behalf.  

Not as half as pathetic as yourself I'm afraid.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The photo had about 30 guys with his mask, slightly more than 5.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are a British Nationalist, can’t you hear yourself talk? If you haven’t heard a sectarian song at Tynie recently you must be deaf.

There is a world of difference than wanting to put Britian first (which I do) and chasing out anyone that doesn't look like you out of the country. Most people on the planet are nationalists.

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Why do the left always mollycoddle other races/genders etc and treat them like little babies, it is so patronising.  

Try human beings aligning themselves with a minority to give them a sense of inclusion rather than alienation or hatred?

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Has Tommy Robinson been made to feel unwelcome whilst “at Tynecastle”? 

Whilst we have folk who sing that Pakistanis and Jewish people are as welcome in Edinburgh as AIDS, black players being called coons and songs about bathing in the blood of Catholics, then you will have an image that will be off-putting for some. 

Now before you say that these songs and chants (two of them anyway) are not sung or chanted at Tynie, I know. They are however part of the repertoire of these particular supporters, as was seen by their shared social media content. Also it doesn’t take long to pick up on it if you venture in to certain places at certain times close to the ground. Is it off-putting? Yes, it is for some. I had to think twice before taking my Anglo-Indian brother in law along to a derby a few years ago. I needn’t have bothered as he has a pretty thick skin and he does a bit of boxing, but I wasn’t particularly keen on the awkwardness of being somewhere with him when certain songs or chants were indulged in. 

My best mate is a Catholic, and certainly no shrinking violet, and whenever I bring him along to a game there is the possibility of him getting pissed off with the Fenian blood shite and kicking off. Again I’d be less worried for him than the folk who started up the chant, but that’s not the point. The point is, we should not be trying to put people of coming to games because they could be made to feel singled out and unwelcome based on their religion or race.

I will start taking my daughter to games pretty soon, but not quite yet. She is mixed race and I really do t want her to be made to feel unwelcome. I want her to enjoy going like I did when I started going with my Dad in the eighties.

Robinson and his hanger ons want to exclude people based on bigotry, and for that reason, they can go **** themselves. They are not entitled to the same acceptance as those they try and single out.

Fantastic post, to hope your daughter grows up with the memories that most of us have of going to games with our parents.

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Try human beings aligning themselves with a minority to give them a sense of inclusion rather than alienation or hatred?

Patronising bullshit.

Pasquale for King

There is a world of difference than wanting to put Britian first (which I do) and chasing out anyone that doesn't look like you out of the country. Most people on the planet are nationalists.

Putting Britain First usually means chasing others out the country, most racists don’t realise they are.

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Indeed. Or try human beings merely standing up for those who still experience discrimination. Of course, if someone is not in a minority who is discriminated against, then they probably don't experience that discrimination themselves and thus feel that everything is just hunky dory.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Putting Britain First usually means chasing others out the country, most racists don’t realise they are.

If you are an opinion follower then yes it does.  People with their own opinions can see the real Britain first.

Patronising bullshit.

Sounds like society working as it should to me.

You are coming across a more hateful each time you post. 

...a bit disco

Even referring to someone as a 'minority' is the most tragically patronising thing anyone can say.

What?

Like the minority you are most definitely in on this thread kind of patronising?

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I speak to people on an equal level - more than can be said for most on this thread.

21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No.  Did I say otherwise?

A gay person, Muslim or poc (etc) does not need me to speak on their behalf.

Yet you can speak on behalf of 'most people on the planet'?

Pasquale for King

If you are an opinion follower then yes it does.  People with their own opinions can see the real Britain first.

What’s that then? 

9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yet you can speak on behalf of 'most people on the planet'?

That is not speaking on their bahalf, this is evidenced in elections etc.  Most political figures in history have also been nationalists.

6 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

:laugh2: Talk about lateral thinking. You're priceless you are.

Is it not just common sense? That the men who fought in MacCrae's were not ultra right wing Nationalists? 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

A Facebook group? Oh well we are saved then. ? 

MacDonald Jardine
56 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Is it not just common sense? That the men who fought in MacCrae's were not ultra right wing Nationalists? 

What isn't common sense is continually projecting the values of today's society on to them.

At a time when anti Catholic sentiment was rife it's entirely possible at least one member of the battalion had those views.

Similarly it's unlikely many were Scottish Nationalists. 

4 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

**** signalling. It's like virtue signalling, but letting everyone know you're a **** instead.

23 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

What isn't common sense is continually projecting the values of today's society on to them.

At a time when anti Catholic sentiment was rife it's entirely possible at least one member of the battalion had those views.

Similarly it's unlikely many were Scottish Nationalists. 

Who's doing that? 100 years ago anti-Catholic sentiment was rife but mainly on the west coast rather than the east. Common decency existed 100 years ago in same form as it does today. The World was a lot less cosmopolitan then, but xenophobia was due to ignorance rather than prejudice.

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, Spellczech said:

Who's doing that? 100 years ago anti-Catholic sentiment was rife but mainly on the west coast rather than the east. Common decency existed 100 years ago in same form as it does today. The World was a lot less cosmopolitan then, but xenophobia was due to ignorance rather than prejudice.

It may well have been ignorance but it existed. To suggest it wouldn't surface at all in that Battallion is wishful thinking. 

I've read posts on here describing them as fighting for Scotland, which is see any nonsense. 

14 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

It may well have been ignorance but it existed. To suggest it wouldn't surface at all in that Battallion is wishful thinking. 

I've read posts on here describing them as fighting for Scotland, which is see any nonsense. 

That’s interesting. Why is it nonsense? My grandfather fought in the Second World War, and he used to tell me about his time there. He always said he was fighting for his family and home in Scotland. He felt more Scottish than British. 

• davemclaren locked this topic