Tommy Robinson

DB-14

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think there’s going to be a new group formed to fight against the fans of Robinson, talk of leafleting at the Rangers game. A guy with the twitter handle of Dalry Lama seems to be in the know if anyone else is interested.

C7745757-26EE-4CE1-80E3-8BA0F5FCD7BD.png

Wait til wee popcorn teeth sees this.  He’ll be raging that we’ve darkened his name again.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• ri Alban

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think there’s going to be a new group formed to fight against the fans of Robinson, talk of leafleting at the Rangers game. A guy with the twitter handle of Dalry Lama seems to be in the know if anyone else is interested.

Nice. I'd Chuck a few quid in for printing something like that. 

I don't have Twitter though.

9 hours ago, jake said:

I8.

Although I disagree with most of the things you post you at least engage with others while not being abusive.

Some of the cretins on here who regard themselves as progressive and bemoan a tiny minority of politicizing our club have an agenda that is never ending.

Never heard a peep of condemnation of racially motivated crimes against children.

Instead they rallied against posters like me who started threads about racist sexual predators who used their religion to absolve these crimes and racially targeted children.

Yet they infest these topics like the vanguard of good.

If they are now personal messaging you they are little shite bags.

I get nipped by your posts.

Keep it up

Is your username an adjective? ?

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

This is making the issue bigger. 

"Racists" x2, "fascists" and "bigotry" are not a problem of any deep concern at our club. This makes it sound like we are overrun with Old Firm fans, Nazis and KKK members and that simply is not reality. The truth is you would have to go looking for these things within. Our club represents society in a proportionate way as in yes we have them but the vast vast majority are neither. Handing out these leaflets would be like handing out a leaflet to be against child abuse. Who isn't? Imo this is self serving and rather cringey and as quoted earlier it makes this all seem bigger thus making us look worse. Just imo though and I support all acts to rid our club of unsavoury characters but being a man of the world I know it is futile.

Edited by i8hibsh

31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

"Racists" x2, "fascists" and "bigotry" are not a problem of any deep concern at our club. This makes it sound like we are overrun with Old Firm fans, Nazis and KKK members and that simply is not reality. The truth is you would have to go looking for these things within. Our club represents society in a proportionate way as in yes we have them but the vast vast majority are neither. Handing out these leaflets would be like handing out a leaflet to be against child abuse. Who isn't? Imo this is self serving and rather cringey and as quoted earlier it makes this all seem bigger thus making us look worse. Just imo though and I support all acts to rid our club of unsavoury characters but being a man of the world I know it is futile.

How would you define “man of the world”, I8? Just need to check and see if I’m one. Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

How would you define “man of the world”, I8? Just need to check and see if I’m one. Thanks.

A man who is experienced in life.  A man who is not shocked at most things as they know they exist.  A man who does not see many subjects as taboo.  A man who is not scared by his own shadow and is offended by the fresh air and daylight.  A man who does not spend every waking moment accusing anyone of everyone who sees the world differently as sub human.  A man who just does his thing, works hard and pays his way.

Edited by i8hibsh

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A man who is experienced in life.  A man who is not shocked at most things as they know they exist.  A man who does not see many subjects as taboo.  A man who is not scared by his own shadow and is offended by the fresh air and daylight.  A man who does not spend every waking moment accusing anyone of everyone who sees the world differently as sub human.  A man who just does his thing, works hard and pays his way.

I would respectfully suggest that until you have held down a marriage with children, you are not experienced in life.

TO be responsible for others as much as your self utterly changes your viewpoint of the world - and your politics.

I would very respectfully suggest you know little of my life experiences though DJ.  Also, having kids is a life choice and one that choosing brings you different experiences not more important experiences.  

Although I fully take on board what you say and it commands my respect (and I do respect you) I do get tired of the whole “as a parent” comment from people.  I was once discussing some sick baby abuser from some Welsh band years ago (forget the band) and had someone say to me “as a parent I find this utterly abhorrent” which is of course a harmless thing to say.  But think about it for a second.  It is elevating the speaker into a level of moral high ground as if to say that “as a parent” they in some way despise child abusers more than a non-parent.  Oh as a “non-parent” I just kinda hate child abusers.  I mean wtf?

Just now, i8hibsh said:

That doesn’t sound like a description of a “man of the world” to me. That just sounds like you choosing the qualities that you think are your most positive and jamming them in.

”Experienced in life” for example. That’s pretty vague. What sort of experiences?

”A man who is not shocked at most things, as they know they exist.” - Well, aye, that’s probably a good thing right enough, but if it gets in the way of empathy and a will to change the bad things, then it’s not really a good trait at all.

”A man who does not see many subjects as taboo” - So you do see some subjects as taboo, but not many. Is it just your own flawed (for as humans we are all that) mind that decides what subjects are taboo? Or do you take direction from others on that score? What about circumstances? Do you just talk about any sensitive subject at any time, regardless of where you are and who your potential audience are?

”A man who is not scared of his own shadow, and is offended by fresh air and daylight.” - That’s exactly the sort of thing I referred to earlier. A man who is incapable of feeling empathy, and instead passes it off as being a “snowflake” or weak, is no man of the world, I’m afraid.

”A man who doesn’t spend every waking moment accusing anyone and everyone who sees the world differently as sub human.” - Cutting through the embarrassing hyperbolic way you have written that, I take the following: You think that it is equally bad to speak out against racists and sectarian bigots, as it is for them to spread hatred against the groups they hate. That’s not being a man of the world either. 

“A man who just does his thing, works hard and pays his way” - That really depends heavily on what that man’s “thing” is. If that “thing” causes unnecessary distress or prejudice towards others, or if it advocates or excuses such actions, then that man is actually part of the problem.

For me, a man of the world is a man who is aware of the issues and challenges that humanity faces, and who wants to see those challenges and and issues addressed in a positive manner for the benefit of all decent people. A man of the world does not just turn a blind eye or accept the evil and suffering of the world as ‘not his problem’. Experience is important, but there are none so blind as those who choose not to see. Just getting to a certain age does not mean a person is experienced in the world. With experience should come understanding and empathy, and through that eventually wisdom.

10 hours ago, jake said:

Ok I give in Robinsons vile but let's just ignore why he got here.

Let's just do what everyone did and ignore the thousands of children .

Why?

Skin colour

Where are the Muslims trying to attach our club's name to their religion???? Until you can find any, please stick to the topic. I very much doubt you could find anyone on here who supports muslim grooming gangs but this has nothing to do with a bunch of numpties using MBT to their own ends

29 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

For me, a man of the world is a man who is aware of the issues and challenges that humanity faces, and who wants to see those challenges and and issues addressed in a positive manner for the benefit of all decent people. A man of the world does not just turn a blind eye or accept the evil and suffering of the world as ‘not his problem’. Experience is important, but there are none so blind as those who choose not to see. Just getting to a certain age does not mean a person is experienced in the world. With experience should come understanding and empathy, and through that eventually wisdom.

That sounds great and I am sure you will attract lots of facebook likes if you posted it on it.  Not saying you in anyway do not believe or follow everything in this statement (you strike me as a decent bloke)  - who doesn't but it really is planet unicorn stuff which is the absolute opposite of a man of the world.

Everything you said is about feeling and empathy and that is human nature (or at least should be) but it is subjective.  What someone sees as injustice and evil is not necessarily what someone else does.  Lots of stuff there would be no argument on like the holocaust, genocide, rape, poverty etc but I see no evil in Tommy Robinson.  I see a father and an impassioned guy who is doing everything you have just quoted.  He is not turning a blind eye to evil which is more than most are doing.

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That sounds great and I am sure you will attract lots of facebook likes if you posted it on it.  Not saying you in anyway do not believe or follow everything in this statement (you strike me as a decent bloke)  - who doesn't but it really is planet unicorn stuff which is the absolute opposite of a man of the world.

Everything you said is about feeling and empathy and that is human nature (or at least should be) but it is subjective.  What someone sees as injustice and evil is not necessarily what someone else does.  Lots of stuff there would be no argument on like the holocaust, genocide, rape, poverty etc but I see no evil in Tommy Robinson.  I see a father and an impassioned guy who is doing everything you have just quoted.  He is not turning a blind eye to evil which is more than most are doing.

As a man of the world...would you agree people shouting racist chants and doing Nazi salutes is abhorrent?

If so, and with that in mind...please tell us all about the time when Tommy Robinson condemned his followers for doing Nazi salutes or shouting racist chants at his appearances/rallies (since, in your own words...Tommy is a man of principle and confronting evil)?

Just one single instance of Tommy Robinson condemning that will do please?

What Tommy Robinson is doing...is manipulating a terrible/abhorrent situation (Islamic Grooming Gangs - who are also racists themselves as well as paedophiles) to gather support towards his ideology...sucking in people like yourself, who might not be overtly/outwardly racist themselves (but will gradually buy into his viewpoint).

Also, still waiting for an actual response about Nick Griffin...rather than a toys out the pram deflection tactic?

Edited by Deviskan

The term "virtue signalling" is seen more and more often, and used as an insult, but I can only think of one poster on here who feels the need to repeatedly proclaim what a good guy they are, how great their morals are.

Funny that, eh?

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The term "virtue signalling" is seen more and more often, and used as an insult, but I can only think of one poster on here who feels the need to repeatedly proclaim what a good guy they are, how great their morals are.

Funny that, eh?

I assume you mean me

:sob:

I think the abuse I get on here (and I am talking REAL abuse) probably makes me a tad defensive.  Yes, I deserve the majority of my abuse but when folk start throwing the kitchen sink in there too with proper damaging accusations (not talking being called a poo poo head btw). 

I don’t get the whole taking ‘virtue signaling’ as a positive.  Virtue signaling is 100% disingenuous.  People who do real selfless acts in life do not wear a badge to say they did it or tell the social media world.

I defend the racist accusation and always will.  I got accused of “always posting racist stuff on here”, but as I always say why are the mods not banning me.  Do you not think that if I ever at any stage posted anything of racist content the mods would let it go?  This place is very well moderated so the insult is also with them.  Everyone on here who has met me and everyone who has ever met me would never say I am a racist so the accusation simply does not hold up.  However I don’t see TR as this evil figure others see so I am by proxy Adolf Hitler.

Edited by i8hibsh

Governor Tarkin
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The Lama's a good guy.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Nice. I'd Chuck a few quid in for printing something like that. 

I don't have Twitter though.

I think there will be a Facebook presence too, will keep you informed.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I didn’t realise you were the judge of whether there’s a problem with Fascism/Racism/Bigotry at OUR club. Does the club not actively make a statement about this type of unacceptable behaviour at every home game. Whether society has these problems too is neither here nor there, the club and the majority of its fans would rather this problem was eradicated if possible. Your love of Thatcher and your defence of Robinson clearly puts you in the minority within our fan base. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t realise you were the judge of whether there’s a problem with Fascism/Racism/Bigotry at OUR club. Does the club not actively make a statement about this type of unacceptable behaviour at every home game. Whether society has these problems too is neither here nor there, the club and the majority of its fans would rather this problem was eradicated if possible. Your love of Thatcher and your defence of Robinson clearly puts you in the minority within our fan base. 

I said there is not a big problem, which there certainly isn’t.  If someone acts in a racist or bigoted way in Tynecastle then I will personally hold the exit gate open for them.  Not sure of the relevance in the last part.

This from man that believes some of the opinions of Nick Griffin, leader of the completely not racist BNP were correct...!

Just to confirm i8...you would hold the gate open for a Hearts fan that was bigoted against Catholics (when we're playing Celtic)?

Edited by Deviskan

Dalry Lama" - that's quite clever.

Part of me htinks the best outcome would be for this EDL guy to come, to not be noticed, and to slink away again.  Unfortunately, that will never happen because his acolytes will not allow him to go unnoticed or be ignored.  

There's a question here around why this individual and his wee band of acolytes are giving this attention to our club.

3 minutes ago, Haken said:

Dalry Lama" - that's quite clever.

Part of me htinks the best outcome would be for this EDL guy to come, to not be noticed, and to slink away again.  Unfortunately, that will never happen because his acolytes will not allow him to go unnoticed or be ignored.  

There's a question here around why this individual and his wee band of acolytes are giving this attention to our club.

Seems to be the clubs that have an association to the UJ and 'Britishness'.  He attended an Airdrie game a few months back.

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Thanks Jake. I get called allsorts and it is water off a duck's back because I deserve most abuse. Getting called a "racist scumbag" is my breaking point. They may as well accuse me of being a sexual predaor it is so unfounded. Not cool. I PM'd him my name and said i'd like to meet him. Not for a "square go" geez I can barely walk my knees and back are so goosed but 1 minute in my company will lay all fears and accusations to rest. 

I may have zero respect for him but I respect the word "private" in private message. He posted our entire transcript with my personal details. It never lasted long thanks to the admin team and hopefully he wont on here either as that was a very uncool breaking of forum rules from him.

Did he do that? That’s well out of order. 

He came across a right ***** in his replies too. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Yes he did.  He put a "*" on my name on one reply then never in the other so my real name came up.  I have no issue poeple knowing my name on here but I will tell them,  no-one else.

He is still posting on here trying to noise me up bless him but I have an intense disliking for him and will never give him the time of day.  I consider JKB a hobby so am determined to not react as I will be banned.

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I saw the transcript, don't recall any private details. But to be fair i8's told the whole forum his name, the TV show he's been on, what the presenter said to him, even his weight. I'm not sure what he thinks would be private after readily giving out information that would identify him so easily!

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I saw the transcript, don't recall any private details. But to be fair i8's told the whole forum his name, the TV show he's been on, what the presenter said to him, even his weight. I'm not sure what he thinks would be private after readily giving out information that would identify him so easily!

My weight is even more now

:sob:

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yes he did.  He put a "*" on my name on one reply then never in the other so my real name came up.  I have no issue poeple knowing my name on here but I will tell them,  no-one else.

He is still posting on here trying to noise me up bless him but I have an intense disliking for him and will never give him the time of day.  I consider JKB a hobby so am determined to not react as I will be banned.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Did he? :lol: 

Oh well I’ll shut my face then. 

Absolute Wind up . Not a chance he will ever be at tynecastle   dosnt surprise me that rag the EEN has taken the bait absolute gutter press 

...a bit disco
20 minutes ago, westd said:

Absolute Wind up . Not a chance he will ever be at tynecastle   dosnt surprise me that rag the EEN has taken the bait absolute gutter press 

You sure about that?

img_3800-1-702x336.jpg

:whistling:

Surely a "private" message is and should be well..............private?  Undermines this entire board if people start publically posting private conversations.

57 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

This from man that believes some of the opinions of Nick Griffin, leader of the completely not racist BNP were correct...!

Just to confirm i8...you would hold the gate open for a Hearts fan that was bigoted against Catholics (when we're playing Celtic)?

Let it go,

let it go,

cant hold it back anymore

let it go,

let it go

turn away and slam the doooor

Here I stand

and here i'll stay

Let the storm rage ooooon

I8 never bothered me anyway

48 minutes ago, westd said:

Whether he comes to Tynecastle or not is almost irrelevant.  The fact he is being associated with our club, or he is trying to associate himself/his cause with our club, is terrible.

5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I would respectfully suggest that until you have held down a marriage with children, you are not experienced in life.

TO be responsible for others as much as your self utterly changes your viewpoint of the world - and your politics.

What a laughable and offensive comment re being a parent ! As if being a parent gives someone higher status in society , and apparently wisdom and responsibility ! I've met loads of very very irresponsible parents. It's not exactly rocket science In becoming a parent either . !! 

I would agree ! It would only be more divisive and give that mob some status . Best to attempt to

ignote and if he does show at Tynecastle. , a Chorus of disapproval would be grand !!! The old fashioned booing etc !!! 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I said there is not a big problem, which there certainly isn’t.  If someone acts in a racist or bigoted way in Tynecastle then I will personally hold the exit gate open for them.  Not sure of the relevance in the last part.

Once again it’s not up to you to decide what size of problem it is, it needs eradicated before it gets worse and Robinson turns up at Tynecastle. The last part links your beliefs with those who are causing this particular problem.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/tommy-robinson-posts-hearts-strip-picture-with-coming-soon-message-1-4832428/amp#click=https://t.co/LQXXNy2qhf

A599ACC2-56AB-476B-BC04-CC0B0494889B.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

49 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I would agree ! It would only be more divisive and give that mob some status . Best to attempt to

ignote and if he does show at Tynecastle. , a Chorus of disapproval would be grand !!! The old fashioned booing etc !!! 

If there is one thing Hearts fans are gooid at, that is "boooing"

43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Once again it’s not up to you to decide what size of problem it is, it needs eradicated before it gets worse and Robinson turns up at Tynecastle. The last part links your beliefs with those who are causing this particular problem.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/tommy-robinson-posts-hearts-strip-picture-with-coming-soon-message-1-4832428/amp#click=https://t.co/LQXXNy2qhf

Well how is it up to you who does and who doesn't wear a Hearts strip, or be seen with one of our banners?

TR is clearly trolling us.  Clearly.

4 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

So some political figures are fine at Tynie some not so

Personally I'd prefer no politics at Hearts

Well basically, yeah. Foulkes, for example, might be awful but he's a Hearts man through and through so he's fine by me. Robinson's a **** who taints our club by association so he's not.

I'd  prefer no politics at Hearts too, but I'd also prefer to be a millionaire and for the Mrs' farts to smell like pot pourri. You play the hand you're dealt though eh?

haveyouheard 22
Just now, Smithee said:

Well basically, yeah. Foulkes, for example, might be awful but he's a Hearts man through and through so he's fine by me. Robinson's a **** who taints our club by association so he's not.

I'd  prefer no politics at Hearts too, but I'd also prefer to be a millionaire and for the Mrs' farts to smell like pot pourri. You play the hand you're dealt though eh?

Fair point , it just causes divide and not in a nice way..TR being anywhere near Tynie would just be messy.I once got offered a Combat 18 Mag in Robbos wasny called that then, telt the guy politely no thanks I see my self as a Socialist, he said 'but you have a skinhead' 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Lets hope Alex Salmond turns out to be squeaky clean as well. If he is found guilty the headlines will have a field day.

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Lets hope Alex Salmond turns out to be squeaky clean as well. If he is found guilty the headlines will have a field day.

ri Alban will welcome him regardless.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

ri Alban will welcome him regardless.

Front page News.

Salmond guilty of...........

EEC2E029-2868-4BBA-8315-D74634065687.jpeg

Edit in case my point is misconstrued. We’d be dragged into it by association.

Edited by Dannie Boy

haveyouheard 22

I always thought  AS was Gay when I seen him with his Wife, thinking what age is she and no way his he still on the swings with his partner 

Edited by haveyouheard 22

10 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Front page News.

Salmond guilty of...........

EEC2E029-2868-4BBA-8315-D74634065687.jpeg

Edit in case my point is misconstrued. We’d be dragged into it by association.

His bigotry is good bigotry

:fonzie:

maroonlegions

Tommy boy  can go feck himself.

Horrible race hating shite sturring plank.

Name ONE time he has openly or privately  CONDEMNED anyone of his followers for Nazi salutes , racist tweets  on social media  , in fact any acts  that are  directly  or indirectly  RACIST, or HATE SPEECH ??? 

Condemned antonyms. Top antonyms for condemned (opposite of condemned) are cleared, acquitted and absolved.

Edited by maroonlegions

Governor Tarkin

I would very respectfully suggest you know little of my life experiences though DJ.  Also, having kids is a life choice and one that choosing brings you different experiences not more important experiences.  

Although I fully take on board what you say and it commands my respect (and I do respect you) I do get tired of the whole “as a parent” comment from people.  I was once discussing some sick baby abuser from some Welsh band years ago (forget the band) and had someone say to me “as a parent I find this utterly abhorrent” which is of course a harmless thing to say.  But think about it for a second.  It is elevating the speaker into a level of moral high ground as if to say that “as a parent” they in some way despise child abusers more than a non-parent.  Oh as a “non-parent” I just kinda hate child abusers.  I mean wtf?

It's easy to dismiss the whole 'as a parent' chat, mate, until you actually become one.

There's pobably no point in trying to explain that to someone in the context of their moral sensibilities - as most folk have a relatively firm grasp of right and wrong, good and bad - and will form their worldview accordingly. It's easy to mistake the 'as a parent' stuff as somehow condescending or patronising. I know I did. I can tell you this though with one hundred percent scincerity. Nothing will prepare you for the range of emotions you will experience when parenthood arrives. Nothing.

?

...a bit disco
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's easy to dismiss the whole 'as a parent' chat, mate, until you actually become one.

There's pobably no point in trying to explain that to someone in the context of their moral sensibilities - as most folk have a relatively firm grasp of right and wrong, good and bad - and will form their worldview accordingly. It's easy to mistake the 'as a parent' stuff as somehow condescending or patronising. I know I did. I can tell you this though with one hundred percent scincerity. Nothing will prepare you for the range of emotions you will experience when parenthood arrives. Nothing.

?

Indeed.

Totally changes your world view on absolutely everything. Wait 'til you become a grandparent though!

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

:lol:

It's a decent troll to be fair.

Loving the photoshopped Corbett.

GL967570.jpg

• davemclaren locked this topic