Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

Brave Hearts

Brenda stop greeting

We played 4 times at Murrayfield last season 

Celtic played 4 times at Hampden 

Brenda you never said anything about your teams advantage when game was going to be Hampden !!!!!

Also with your team playing European games at Murrayfield your team have more players that have played there than we have !!!!!!

Brenda, some perceived advantage eh ??!!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Celtic don't exactly turn out in big numbers for cup games might find we actually outnumber them now that the boot is on the other foot.

I am not so sure...they had 40k for Reykjavic and 35k for a dead rubber against Legia at Murrayfield. I suspect that Celtic will now wallow in a blanket of injustice and hardship and demonstrate that by backing their team in huge numbers by trudging along the long and treacherous miles of the M8...

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

a second round of travel booked. 

Now to try for the refunds on 

1 x plane

1 x train

1 x Glasgow hotel. 

I’ll offer to use the hotel booking as a rescheduled one for the final. 

Am delighted the correct outcome was reached. 

Now to win the game

Does your travel insurance not cover you?

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, JALBO said:

If every seat is sold, less 1,000 for segregation, the attendance would be 66,144. A new Edinburgh record.

Do you mean for football?  Is our game v Barca the highest or is there some ancient game at Tynie or ER?

We need to sell tickets like never before for a LC semi.  No point in everyone moaning if we still don’t turn up like v ICT at ER.  Personally I will now be going to a game I definitely wasn’t going to.  May take my 2 sons but not sure about that as I still think there’s potential for a lot of trouble at this even if we get nowhere near capacity, which I don’t think we will.  Will be surprised if over 50,000.

5 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I am not so sure...they had 40k for Reykjavic and 35k for a dead rubber against Legia at Murrayfield. I suspect that Celtic will now wallow in a blanket of injustice and hardship and demonstrate that by backing their team in huge numbers by trudging along the long and treacherous miles of the M8...

Or they boycott the game . (hopefully)

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

They also have thousands of fans in Edinburgh, Lothians and Fife and will be much easier for them to get to for a change.  Brenda can’t see the bigger picture though.

Auldreekie1874

Provincial team travelling to the capital for the semi final.

Correct decision reached...eventually.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Looking forward to the next Levein press conference. Hopefully point out the gaping flaws in Celtics complaints with glee

Would be good if someone did some research for him so he can point out how many Celtic players have played at Murrayfield.  Didn’t hear them moaning when they played their CL games their either.

Rocky jamboa

What a difference to how this thread would have looked a few years ago. Everyone confident we can do it and not fearing a whooping! 

I almost gave up going to games v them as expected the inevitable but not anymore. 

Good news for Dons fans as well. I reckon they will sell out their allocation as well with a late afternoon kick off.

No transport problems now.

All the more money going in to the kitty garaunteed 100,000 total attendance maybe more.

Murrayfield is easy to get to from Glasgow much easier than Hampden is from Edinburgh.

BT Sport will have their Super Sunday after all even better than the previous arrangement.

Everyone's a winner.?

Rogers is a condescending roaster who, like the majority of Celtic fans, is completely blinkered. Always cheated, always conspired against, always the victims. 

I ****ing hate that horrible institution. 

1 minute ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Rogers is a condescending roaster who, like the majority of Celtic fans, is completely blinkered. Always cheated, always conspired against, always the victims. 

Surprised Brenda has an opinion on this.  Every chance he’ll be out on his arse by the end of the month if they’re still 6 points behind.

1 minute ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Sense of entitlement from they canutes, especially him,  is unreal.

Teams have travelled to the weege for years. Why not be a man and be bigger than being petty?

Understand the situ and get on with it. He’s a dick.  

10 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

Djoum souttar and maybe Hughes.

Those three and Smith, Cochrane, Henderson, Brandon, Baur and Moore. 

9 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I was more thinking of domestic cup matches.

Everyone rightly criticised our turnout in 2012 but they only had 24k at the same game.

Dalstonjambo
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Does your travel insurance not cover you?

I’ll try as have a pretty good policy through work. But i’m guessing the spfl being a bunch of ****wits doesn’t qualify as a reason. 

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Do you mean for football?  Is our game v Barca the highest or is there some ancient game at Tynie or ER?

We need to sell tickets like never before for a LC semi.  No point in everyone moaning if we still don’t turn up like v ICT at ER.  Personally I will now be going to a game I definitely wasn’t going to.  May take my 2 sons but not sure about that as I still think there’s potential for a lot of trouble at this even if we get nowhere near capacity, which I don’t think we will.  Will be surprised if over 50,000.

Don't remember much bother when we played the huns or dons at murrayfield. Obviously this will hopefully be a much bigger crowd and occasion.

Didn't see any bother after we pumped the Tim's out the cup at hampden in 2012 either. Gutted that I'm in Copenhagen that weekend.

2 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

Aah, knew there was a fourth! Yep all the youngsters too but doubt we’ll see them in the semi. Shows the strength in depth we have now!

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The current record is the 1950 New Year derby at Easter Road - 65.860. Our game v Barca was under 60,000.

If we don't set a new record for a football match in Edinburgh, anything over 61,000 will be the biggest attendance for a football match in Scotland for about 30 years. 

Murrayfield was also the last stadium in the UK to host a crowd of over 100,000 - 104,000 for Scotland v Wales in 1975.

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Suck it up ya Celtic arseholes.

6 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

They aren't happy....pleasing! 

20181003_192209.jpg

Bunch of inbred scumbags. It is being played at a neutral venue. 

:jjyay:

This is all very pleasing.  Rodgers seethe is the icing on the cake and when we spank them silly (again) that will be the cherry on top.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

“It’s no fair” Brenda said, through tears and snotters, “we are going to get reamed, and not in a good way”

When further questioned by the BBC’s Chris McLaughlin as to just why he is so great, Rogers added, “and leave Britney alone”.

TyphoonJambo
11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Surprised Brenda has an opinion on this.  Every chance he’ll be out on his arse by the end of the month if they’re still 6 points behind.

Or at Villa?

9 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

They're not allowed because it would impact on attendances at other games.

Suppose that makes sense, the likes of Livingston would struggle to get anyone to turn up if the old firm was on the tele

This is good. Not only at a decent time but in Edinburgh as well. 

If celtic are upset well they can just suck on it

:gocompare:

10 minutes ago, JALBO said:

The current record is the 1950 New Year derby at Easter Road - 65.860. Our game v Barca was under 60,000.

If we don't set a new record for a football match in Edinburgh, anything over 61,000 will be the biggest attendance for a football match in Scotland for about 30 years. 

Murrayfield was also the last stadium in the UK to host a crowd of over 100,000 - 104,000 for Scotland v Wales in 1975.

I was at that last one! Kids were allowed to sit on the touch line. We could try that at the SF?

3 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

A dot count of epic proportions...

Gulp. Dot count central recruiting now. Need about 100 new counters - one for each section.

By the light

Celtic and their fans will be right up for this now. Will be viewed as a bit of a grudge match. Makes for an even better occasion and atmosphere! Can’t wait! 

The extra motivation and incentive of the squad between now and then to make sure they make the starting 11 for this game is an extra bonus re the big games leading up to this monster fixture ?

14 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

Of the team that started against St Johnstone last week, I reckon only Smith, Souttar and Djoum played for Hearts at Murrayfield last season.  On 22 July 2014, Celtic played KR Reykjavik at Murrayfield, Lustig, Griffiths and McGregor played for Celtic.  Add in the fact that Craig Gordon has experience of playing at Murrayfield, then yes you can argue that they have more experience of playing there than us!  As usual when it comes to the OF spouting off about other clubs, it is a rant without checking the facts.

32 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Brenda stop greeting

We played 4 times at Murrayfield last season 

Celtic played 4 times at Hampden 

Brenda you never said anything about your teams advantage when game was going to be Hampden !!!!!

Also with your team playing European games at Murrayfield your team have more players that have played there than we have !!!!!!

Brenda, some perceived advantage eh ??!!

Exactly this. What a prick that fake tanned, tranny-shagging bawbag is. He’s clearly shiteing it as well. Bring these ***** on. 

25 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

They aren't happy....pleasing! 

20181003_192209.jpg

It is a neutral venue ya dumb bhoy!

Edited by Dannie Boy

1 hour ago, JWL said:

No idea where people are plucking these figures from. We took about 10k to Easter Road in 2014 for an extremely winnable semi against Inverness. If we take more than 15-17k I'll be amazed and pleasantly surprised.

We had about 14,000 at the previous semi at ER against ICT. 

Stunned the SPFL didn’t succum to the pressure Celtic !!!!

We now need to justify the clubs tenacity in ensuring we wanted a fairer percentage of Hearts supporters there by selling our allocation.

Its going to be some day.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Celtic statement  :rofl:

Rodgers comments  :rofl:

But yet the process was fair the other way round. 

Celtic stop talking you embarrassment of an organisation. Or alternatively keep talking and dig a bigger hole

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, PeterintheRain said:

The reason is that Monkey-head Mowbray refused to allow the Semi-final in 2006 to be switched to THE CAPITAL even though the GFA(gtf) said they were fine with it.

Try harder, troll.

Troll?? So somebody with different opinion a troll now ?

Fozzyonthefence
23 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Thanks Jalbo.

I think hoping for over 60,000 is wishful thinking.  As has been pointed out we only got 36,000 for the more highly thought of SC semi against Celtic in 2012.   There will be more than 12,000 Jambos this time but not sure if Celtic will bring as many.  Will they feel wronged and get behind their team or will they boycott?