Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

Broxburn Jambo

The latest conspiracy theory from the Hibs supporters...….do they ever read before posting.

100% correct.it is a disgrace they are still in the competition. what I dont understand is why they werent kicked out after fielding an ineligible player early on. the authorities always and I mean always bend over backwards for the cheats. absolutely disgusting.

to make it worse the c**** are probably going to play a home match at Murrayfield in the semi final. you honestly couldnt make it up. something needs to be done about this as they get away with it time and time again, they must be the luckiest team in the world. how many times are we going to allow them to gain an advantage without consequences?

If Murrayfield is confirmed I plan to raise the matter with the SRU and the SFA and will be inviting signatures from fans groups should this happen. I have a very strong social media presence and plan to use that to get the message out there that this isn´t acceptable. will keep those on this board posted alongside those on social media.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Had to take a look over. I don't normally but today its worth it. The cringe from some of the Hobbits is quite amusing. Surprised me there are brain cells there after all

7 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

The latest conspiracy theory from the Hibs supporters...….do they ever read before posting.

100% correct.it is a disgrace they are still in the competition. what I dont understand is why they werent kicked out after fielding an ineligible player early on. the authorities always and I mean always bend over backwards for the cheats. absolutely disgusting.

to make it worse the c**** are probably going to play a home match at Murrayfield in the semi final. you honestly couldnt make it up. something needs to be done about this as they get away with it time and time again, they must be the luckiest team in the world. how many times are we going to allow them to gain an advantage without consequences?

If Murrayfield is confirmed I plan to raise the matter with the SRU and the SFA and will be inviting signatures from fans groups should this happen. I have a very strong social media presence and plan to use that to get the message out there that this isn´t acceptable. will keep those on this board posted alongside those on social media.

there is another thread with this info on it. The Murrafield one

Edited by Ray has bus pass hooray

12 minutes ago, Boab said:

The way they're playing ?

Don't think a week will make much difference !

Personally I would say Celtic at Murrayfield on the Sunday after they've likely been given the run around in Leipzig 72 hours earlier whilst we've been sitting at home with our feet up is far more preferable than facing them at Hampden 3 days after we've had a big derby match.........

It was evident from the league game that we had far more legs than them after a similar scenario and that they were forced to make changes.

27 minutes ago, ericb said:

Rangers v Aberdeen will be on Sunday 27th October at Hampden

HMFC v Celtic will be on Sunday 3rd Nov at Hampden (Celtic and Hearts will agree to postpone/re-schedule the planned game at Parkhead that weekend).

23 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Better not be, I'm out the country :(

Me too, so this is probably what will happen :( 

King Of The Cat Cafe

Do the powers that be not owe us a favour after the way we were messed about over home games in last season's post-split games?

27 minutes ago, magicTs said:

It seems a fairly straightforward and sensible solution. However from a football perspective it would be disappointing for us as facing them the weekend after they’ve been in Germany on the Thursday would increase our chances significantly. 

Quite. Wouldn’t be in favour of this at all.

Edit: I can’t imagine Celtic giving up any potential advantage in similar circumstances. 

Edited by Pistol1874

They had one half decent season last year and thought the tide had finally turned for them.

They are spewing that we have improved remarkably from last season.

:glorious:

Looking at the myth that Murrayfield would give us 'home advantage', we have 6 players in our squad, only 2 that are fit and have been regular starters for us this season that have played at Murrayfield. Celtic have 8 players in their squad played at Murrayfield, 5 have been regular starters for them this season.

Hearts;

Souttar 360 minutes

Smith 270

Cochrane 114

Djoum 90

Berra 675 (inj)

Brandon 90 (inj)

Celtic

Gordon 540 minutes (for Hearts)

McGregor 180

Izaguirre 151

Lustig 147

Griffiths 94

Christie 90 (for Aberdeen)

Forrest 20

Bitton 90 (inj)

Excluding injured players, Celtic players have 388 minutes more on the Murrayfield pitch than Hearts do.

Any decision to have the Hearts - Celtic game at Murrayfield should not be based on one team having an advantage. The sensible decision would be have the Edinburgh team play in Edinburgh to make it easier for supporters to attend the fixture. Aberdeen have to travel regardless, one Glasgow team will have to travel to Edinburgh regardless, why make a third set of supporters travel to another city for a football match?

They would do well to forget about us and concentrate on themselves.

They wont.

They will do some form of "Hibsing it"

They will greet like bairns and blame everyone and everything apart from themselves.

They never ever learn.

PLEASING!!

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Police Scotland will prefer not to have Hearts supporters in Glasgow  city centre clashing with Celtic fans before and after the match. Much easier for them to have Aberdeen, as there will be a lot fewer and the Rangers fans will be heading West after the match. Celtic fans decant from Murrayfield quickly due to good transport links. So, no real hassles in Edinburgh city centre.

Just now, Deevers said:

No doubt it will be Us v the Tims at Hampden and the sheep v that new team at Parkhead.

On the same day?  Nae chance.  Up to 100k football supporters from 4 teams, many traveling into the city by train, in Glasgow, on a Sunday..........what could possibly go wrong   ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, ericb said:

Rangers v Aberdeen will be on Sunday 27th October at Hampden

HMFC v Celtic will be on Sunday 3rd Nov at Hampden (Celtic and Hearts will agree to postpone/re-schedule the planned game at Parkhead that weekend).

Queens Park will then have to either rearrange or postpone their game. 

14 minutes ago, Statto said:

Looking at the myth that Murrayfield would give us 'home advantage', we have 6 players in our squad, only 2 that are fit and have been regular starters for us this season that have played at Murrayfield. Celtic have 8 players in their squad played at Murrayfield, 5 have been regular starters for them this season.

Hearts;

Souttar 360 minutes

Smith 270

Cochrane 114

Djoum 90

Berra 675 (inj)

Brandon 90 (inj)

Celtic

Gordon 540 minutes (for Hearts)

McGregor 180

Izaguirre 151

Lustig 147

Griffiths 94

Christie 90 (for Aberdeen)

Forrest 20

Bitton 90 (inj)

Excluding injured players, Celtic players have 388 minutes more on the Murrayfield pitch than Hearts do.

Any decision to have the Hearts - Celtic game at Murrayfield should not be based on one team having an advantage. The sensible decision would be have the Edinburgh team play in Edinburgh to make it easier for supporters to attend the fixture. Aberdeen have to travel regardless, one Glasgow team will have to travel to Edinburgh regardless, why make a third set of supporters travel to another city for a football match?

Commendable stuff, but why does nobody raise a similar issue with the advantage the OF get from playing  at Hampden.

NaturalOrder74
56 minutes ago, magicTs said:

It seems a fairly straightforward and sensible solution. However from a football perspective it would be disappointing for us as facing them the weekend after they’ve been in Germany on the Thursday would increase our chances significantly. 

I just noticed they have that game away in Germany on the Thursday, brilliant.

We need to make sure they don't get any  date change under any circumstances

(I don't think they will after the sevco news that came to light recently)

Remember when Monkey heid said it would be ‘unfair on Hibs’ to play the 2006 semi-final at Murrayfield because Hearts had played there before?  It would ‘give Hearts an advantage’.

:rofl:

Ok Tony, let’s play it in Glasgow and Hearts will only win 4-0 :lol: 

5 minutes ago, magicTs said:

On the same day?  Nae chance.  Up to 100k football supporters from 4 teams, many traveling into the city by train, in Glasgow, on a Sunday..........what could possibly go wrong   ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

I hope that common sense prevails - but this is the SFA and SPFL we are talking about.  Their first, second and third preference is Glasgow. Would not be at all surprised to see one kick off at twelve and the other and on the evening. No matter how that impacts on fans from out with Glasgow this is the sort daft solution that they are libel to come up with. Murrayfield for our game would  the common sense solution every time.

5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I hope that common sense prevails - but this is the SFA and SPFL we are talking about.  Their first, second and third preference is Glasgow. Would not be at all surprised to see one kick off at twelve and the other and on the evening. No matter how that impacts on fans from out with Glasgow this is the sort daft solution that they are libel to come up with. Murrayfield for our game would  the common sense solution every time.

Nightmare for Aberdeen fans if they’re hit with either an early or late KO! Both games on the same day would be like Battle Royale!

Why don’t we have both games at Murrayfield on the same day. Rugby league style sell tickets to the 4 sets of fans play the games back to back.... I’m sure we can all sit together in perfect harmony it’s not like there’s any bad blood between us all??

julienbrellier
1 hour ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

:rofl: :vrface:

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The STV news preview just made it sound like the decision had been made to play them on the same day at Hampden.

Yep been hearing this also.

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The STV news preview just made it sound like the decision had been made to play them on the same day at Hampden.

Yeah I heard that too. Interested to hear the full story. 

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Saw that during The Chase.

Hopefully the equivalent of click bait.  That would be a mental decision. 

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That is madness! Wouldn't be surprised though

Both League Cup semi-finals are to take place at Hampden on Sunday October 28.

Rangers will play Aberdeen at 12pm, with Celtic facing Hearts later in the day at 7.45pm.

Shambles, safe to say loyalty points won’t be required for this one. Puts us at a big disadvantage compared to a potential 20k+ backing there.