Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

23 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Rangers and the sheep at Hampden and I bet we end up at Ipox.

Police won't be up for 2 big games in Glasgow on the same day.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

20 minutes ago, Sepp's Bladder said:

Celtic also used Murrayfield for euro matches a couple years back. In fact due to the massive overhaul to our team I wouldnt be surprised if more celtic players in the 11 have experience of playing at murrayfield than hearts.

Not even going to touch on the whole edinburgh gives hearts an unfair arguement as its possibly the poorest thought out arguement you'll ever hear.

Policing and travel indicate hearts v celtic should be at Murrayfield. 

All logical arguments dictate that we should play at Murrayfield but logic seldom counts for anything when it comes to Scottish football.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, graygo said:

I think you are missing the point, this tournament has diddly squat to do with the SFA/GFA it is run by the SPFL.

Not as much as you are. Does it matter what letters they put in front of them? They bow to the every command of the arse cheeks.

August Landmesser
23 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

In 2013 & 2014 we reached the league cup semis. Both against Inverness.Both played at Easter rd.

That was daft - both should have been at Pittodrie.

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

A game at noon and a game at 7.45.

Canny see that. If Hearts have beaten Celtic (or the dreaded has happened), do we (or that lot) happily vacate all the pubs, that we’ve taken over to celebrate post match, so the Huns/Sheepies can get a pint? 

1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

If the SPFL want both games on the same day, the question they should consider, and which the police will, is it less bad to have (potentially) 60,000 fans from three clubs travelling on the railways and roads, or 40,000 from two clubs travelling.

Logic would seem to point to Aberdeen and Rangers playing at Hampden at 12:30 and us and Celtic playing at Murrayfield at 5pm. (or vice-versa timewise)

That way, Aberdeen fans would be arriving at Glasgow railway stations hours before Celtic fans would need to leave, and would be going home while the Murrayfield game was still in progress.

40,000 Rangers and Aberdeen supporters arriving at Waverley at the same time is a recipe for disorder.

Or the simplest thing, have Aberdeen v Rangers on Sunday 28th and us v Celtic on Saturday Nov 3/Sunday Nov 4, both at Hampden.

Whichever weekend it is played league games will have to be postponed anyway  If we are not playing on the 27th/28th, our scheduled game at Dundee can go ahead, so postpone our visit to Celtic on Nov 3. 

If they move dates the game is f**ked altogether for the other 40 clubs. 

Personally, I can’t make 3rd November as it stands (that will change) but that pales into insignificance with people who will have already booked flights, trains, hotels or even organised stays with relatives or time off work for the 28th October.

Both Celtic and Rangers will be doing their utmost to postpone their game for a week. Murrayfield would be ideal for our supporters which is why it is unlikely to be the chosen option.

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

When BT sport decides for them. 

BT Sport would love a BT Hampden and BT Murrayfield double header.

Doesn't make sense for us to head west, Rangers to head east when the Dons are heading south anyway.

Keep us in Edinburgh and keep SevCo in Glasgow, means only Celtic have to travel an the Dons are heading south anyway.  BUT they must give the Dons fans time to travel, not giving them a Sunday 12 noon kick off.

Edited by Armageddon

56 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

It has been obvious from the moment the QF draw was made / The OF made the group stages of the Europa League that there could be a problem with the scheduling of the LC SF.

Yet, now that the issue has come to fruition do those running the game have an answer? Of course not, it was a case of heads in the sand / fingers crossed that it doesn't come to both OF teams in opposite sides of the SF draw. 

It's amateur hour yet again with the powers that be that 'run' out game. 

Is it a big problem?  Why go to the cost of agreeing terms with stadium owners, police, stewarding companies etc.. when the chances are less than 50%? 

9 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

If they move dates the game is f**ked altogether for the other 40 clubs. 

Personally, I can’t make 3rd November as it stands (that will change) but that pales into insignificance with people who will have already booked flights, trains, hotels or even organised stays with relatives or time off work for the 28th October.

If you've organised anything at this point in time - given that everything is up in the air at the minute and well all over the media - then you only have yourself to blame.

Rangers will be pushing for their game to be at Hampden, as will Celtic. Hearts should hopefully want Murrayfield so that would leave Aberdeen. Would they want to try and have their game at Murrayfield to force Rangers to travel? Or would they be happy going to Hampden? If it's the latter then it should be nice and easy with only Celtics nose out of joint. If the former then either the game on different weekends or the police will decide

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
27 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Canny see that. If Hearts have beaten Celtic (or the dreaded has happened), do we (or that lot) happily vacate all the pubs, that we’ve taken over to celebrate post match, so the Huns/Sheepies can get a pint? 

I did think about that. Just throwing out possibilities. It's either that a date change or Murryfield, which would be my prefered choice as it would encourage fans to go. Our last semi final attendance against Celtic at Hampden wasn't great.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is it a big problem?  Why go to the cost of agreeing terms with stadium owners, police, stewarding companies etc.. when the chances are less than 50%? 

They could have avoided any clash by not having the semi finals scheduled for a 'post Europe' midweek.

Perhaps easy in hindsight but surely they must consider this when scheduling the seasons fixtures !

The previous or following weekend would have been more sensible

They could move the Hearts v Hibs and Dundee v Celtic league games from the 31st to the 27th and 28th and then have the Hearts v Celticc semi on the Wednesday  31st at Hampden. Neither Hibs or Dundee have a game scheduled now on the weekend of the 27th.

Not good for us obviously but as they are postponing the League games for teams involved, why not postpone a following midweek game and play one semi on the Wed night ?

3 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

They could have avoided any clash by not having the semi finals scheduled for a 'post Europe' midweek.

Perhaps easy in hindsight but surely they must consider this when scheduling the seasons fixtures !

The previous or following weekend would have been more sensible

Better for us if it follows a Euro week. ?

Just now, Boab said:

Not good for us obviously but as they are postponing the League games for teams involved, why not postpone a following midweek game and play one semi on the Wed night ?

All that to not be playing at Murrayfield?

:laugh:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

My bet is on Celtic v Hearts being a cup semi on the 3rd or 4th I think it is, and the league match rescheduled. We should object strongly to that proposal. Double whammy if they did do that, we would have an advantage with Celtic having a tough game prior which would be reversed if they did do this

3 minutes ago, Balders said:

They could move the Hearts v Hibs and Dundee v Celtic league games from the 31st to the 27th and 28th and then have the Hearts v Celticc semi on the Wednesday  31st at Hampden. Neither Hibs or Dundee have a game scheduled now on the weekend of the 27th.

And what about folk that have travel already booked for Hibs game?

1 minute ago, kila said:

All that to not be playing at Murrayfield?

:laugh:

You know exactly what they are like, bud. They will be under big pressure from both cheeks to have both semis at Hampden.

What was the attendance when we played the Mhanks in the 2012 Scottish Cup semi? Circa 30,000? I'm acrtually coming round to the idea Murrayfield might be too big. 

Fester Road, tickets split right down the middle. The atmosphere would be incredible. I know some fans who would go to the occasional big game will miss out, but this is where loyalty points should count. Those of us there will ensure you have a final to look forward to. 

Edited by blairdin

2 minutes ago, blairdin said:

What was the attendance when we played the Mhanks in the 2012 Scottish Cup semi? Circa 30,000? I'm acrtually coming round to the idea Murrayfield might be too big. 

Fester Road, tickets split right down the middle. The atmosphere would be incredible. I know some fans who would go to the occasional big game will miss out, but this is where loyalty points should count. Those of us there will ensure you have a final to look forward to. 

We only took roughly 12,000 out of a total crowd of 36,609.

People didn't believe we could win the game and decided not to go. Then there was a mad scramble for tickets for the final.

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Rangers will be pushing for their game to be at Hampden, as will Celtic. Hearts should hopefully want Murrayfield so that would leave Aberdeen. Would they want to try and have their game at Murrayfield to force Rangers to travel? Or would they be happy going to Hampden? If it's the latter then it should be nice and easy with only Celtics nose out of joint. If the former then either the game on different weekends or the police will decide

Of course Aberdeen would prefer Murrayfield, it’s about 2 hours closer to Aberdeen than Hampden. 

Just now, 8skacel8 said:

We only took roughly 12,000 out of a total crowd of 36,609.

People didn't believe we could win the game and decided not to go. Then there was a mad scramble for tickets for the final.

Correct in both counts. If it is a weekender against the hooped demons, we will sell the 18K they offered for the 2012 Semi.

13 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I think being on a Sunday at Hampden affects support too. 

If we forget for a minute the current dilemma, I think we’d take a good support to Glasgow on a Saturday semi final.

The fact we’ve not been for a few years and Saturday let’s it be a better day out with Sunday to recover.

Of course, it’s not going to be a Saturday as we know , so for that reason I think Murrayfield on the Sunday would be better as more Hearts fans will go.  

8 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Talk now of 2 games in one day.

Police Glasgow will love that!

In the Weege?  12 pm ko and an evening 7:45 ko?  

Still can’t see it though. Aberdeen and Hearts fans would be in Glasgow for hours getting scooped up.

You’d have a rival set of fans arriving as the other game dispersed. 

pettigrewsstylist

Celtic object;

A. Their Euro game is an away game and therefore rtn to Scotland must be considered as other than recovery period. Rangers will be recovered better and therefor should travel on the Sun.

B. Hearts know Murrayfield too well, despite Celtic matches x2 there in 2014.

C. Aberdeen fans straight to Edin on quicker East coast line and therefore only Hearts and Rangers fans crossing paths on public tpt. This could be alleviated by both stadiums but split KOs (say 1200 and 1600).

Either way ours and Aberdeens considerations will ONLY be used if they support the OF suggestions. Guaranteed OF have already discussed in private and agreed a consolidate solution.....and which refs get their games :o

Had a little look on hubs.net. Check out this roaster.  Genuine tears and snotters. 

Broondog: he's got a strong social media presence don't you know.  

100% correct.it is a disgrace they are still in the competition. what I dont understand is why they werent kicked out after fielding an ineligible player early on. the authorities always and I mean always bend over backwards for the cheats. absolutely disgusting.

to make it worse the c**** are probably going to play a home match at Murrayfield in the semi final. you honestly couldnt make it up. something needs to be done about this as they get away with it time and time again, they must be the luckiest team in the world. how many times are we going to allow them to gain an advantage without consequences? 

If Murrayfield is confirmed I plan to raise the matter with the SRU and the SFA and will be inviting signatures from fans groups should this happen. I have a very strong social media presence and plan to use that to get the message out there that this isn´t acceptable. will keep those on this board posted alongside those on social media.

8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

DoF6SE7XgAAvWVW.jpg

Anybody thinking that Broondog could be a Jambo trolling them

If it was, then this would be post of the year :)

31 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Of course Aberdeen would prefer Murrayfield, it’s about 2 hours closer to Aberdeen than Hampden. 

How do they travel? Via Oban? 

2 minutes ago, Carowitz said:

Had a little look on hubs.net. Check out this roaster.  Genuine tears and snotters. 

Broondog: he's got a strong social media presence don't you know.  

100% correct.it is a disgrace they are still in the competition. what I dont understand is why they werent kicked out after fielding an ineligible player early on. the authorities always and I mean always bend over backwards for the cheats. absolutely disgusting.

to make it worse the c**** are probably going to play a home match at Murrayfield in the semi final. you honestly couldnt make it up. something needs to be done about this as they get away with it time and time again, they must be the luckiest team in the world. how many times are we going to allow them to gain an advantage without consequences? 

If Murrayfield is confirmed I plan to raise the matter with the SRU and the SFA and will be inviting signatures from fans groups should this happen. I have a very strong social media presence and plan to use that to get the message out there that this isn´t acceptable. will keep those on this board posted alongside those on social media.

Just posted on the Murrayfield thread - it would be funny if Broondog was a Jambo trolling them

Edited by BelgeJambo