Osman Sow maybe back at Tynecastle

JJ93

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I loved Osman Sow, but very wary this time round. Hopefully Tynecastle brings him back to his best

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Top Corner

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

Made, I think, 51 appearances last time and scored 22 goals, not bad. 

Edited by whodanny
Just to add. Plus 4 EL apps and one goal.

Sow was class.  If he is still as good as when he left he'd be a great addition to the squad.  Would he be our main striker though? Or back up to uche + maclean?

Naismith could well be the only player under 6 foot.  I want to bully teams so much that we can pay the stand off single handedly with Hibs lunch money.

Jamboscanbevicius

Not going to repeat what others have said on fitness, but this is potentially a terrific move.

A fans favourite. Still only 28. Had his best spell ever in maroon. And out of contract to sign permanently at end of the season... !

Just now, BonningtonJambo said:

Might be wrong but didnt score against hibs last time around put it right big man welcome back

How many times did he play v them though?  

19 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

A wee reminder of his Goals :) 

A couple of things watching that back.

I miss gomis, did so much in that midfield, didn't mind prince but never understood why we kept him and not gomis.

I also think pallardo would suit our current team, fantastic footballing deep lying player, the kind we need.

Also, how much Billy King added to that team, honestly forgot that.

And that strip!!!!

Sow, I would say, is a far better all round player than lafferty and will add far more to the team......if fit. 

Punks No Deid

hopefully he's relatively fit and the injuries haven't affected his pace - the big laddie was lightning

Harry Potter
Just now, 1874robbo said:

Cheers bud ,at his peak then, this could be a great signing.

Loving Hearts more than ever now, club really trying . 

BonningtonJambo
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How many times did he play v them though?  

A couple times in the championship wasnt a knock on him just letting everyone know hes getting the winner on the 31st

Is he injured or fit?

Signing injured players has not gone well in the past.

Delighted to have him back if he's ready to play.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Hope his goal celebrations have improved or tongues will be waging.

Haha. Everything is up for debate on Kickback these days

Edited by rudi must stay

It’s an interesting one. My expectations are very high for Vanecek and frankly if he’s a player CL has targeted and is clearly going to be our main man I feel we should be pushing the boat out now. I disagree entirely with this notion we should save the couple hundred (guestimate) grand now given he’s fit and able to play immediately and could score the goals to take us to a cup final in the next couple of months more than repaying any fee in the process. He could also contribute big time to us being in a very strong league position going into the new year. Given the loss of Lafferty’s goals there seems to be a number of Hearts fans prepared to wing it! That said there is a lot of upside to a loan deal for Sow as if it goes well we might end up keeping him at least for the rest of the season in addition to Vanecek in January! I just hope he’s fit and motivated as his attitude and health is extremely questionable in recent times. 

SM Sheffield
32 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Some players are just suited to certain clubs. I believe Osman Sow's is Heart of Midlothian and vice versa.

I was juat going to say this. Rudi was the same. 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, magicTs said:

It’s an interesting one. My expectations are very high for Vanecek and frankly if he’s a player CL has targeted and is clearly going to be our main man I feel we should be pushing the boat out now. I disagree entirely with this notion we should save the couple hundred (guestimate) grand now given he’s fit and able to play immediately and could score the goals to take us to a cup final in the next couple of months more than repaying any fee in the process. He could also contribute big time to us being in a very strong league position going into the new year. Given the loss of Lafferty’s goals there seems to be a number of Hearts fans prepared to wing it! That said there is a lot of upside to a loan deal for Sow as if it goes well we might end up keeping him at least for the rest of the season in addition to Vanecek in January! I just hope he’s fit and motivated as his attitude and health is extremely questionable in recent times. 

I think it's important to remember Pre Contracts don't really matter. Clubs move on, yes he looks good, but we are in a decent place as a club. With Sow that would be 4 forwards already plus Keena and Currie

Hampden Demolition

I can remember a superb bit of skill from him in what I think was a Scottish Cup game at Tynecastle against Aberdeen. He was down in the corner of the Wheatfield and Roseburn and took out a couple of their defenders!

Would rather have someone who was fit and ready to rock rather than a guy who will ‘probably’ be good when he gets fit but hasn’t been fit since February. Doesn’t really solve the short term problem for me.

i wish jj was my dad

This has the potential to be a massive signing. If we can get him fit he is as good as we can expect to sign.

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Would rather have someone who was fit and ready to rock rather than a guy who will ‘probably’ be good when he gets fit but hasn’t been fit since February. Doesn’t really solve the short term problem for me.

Is he injured/unfit at the moment? 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

The business if we get a decent fee for laff and then UPGRADE on him by getting ossie back, levein deserves a statue.

Neverforgetfiveone

Woooooooooooooooohhh.........JKB Negativity is ASTOUNDING!!!

Sow was brilliant for us. Scored brilliant goals in big games... Punted him for a million quid when we were just getting back on our feet... Someone please point out the negatives in that??

Will be a good and WELCOME addition to a decent front line!

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

What problem lafferty was a bench warmer , well in my mind, 

2 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Woooooooooooooooohhh.........JKB Negativity is ASTOUNDING!!!

Sow was brilliant for us. Scored brilliant goals in big games... Punted him for a million quid when we were just getting back on our feet... Someone please point out the negatives in that??

Will be a good and WELCOME addition to a decent front line!

£1.73 million got Sow according to some sources. 

:profit:

Edited by Zen Jambo

5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

What a surprise.   Yawn

Delighted if this comes off. Can't believe that some people, okay the usual people, are being negative about this. He's 28, in his prime, and fits the club. Bring it on. Kyle who? 

Neverforgetfiveone
1 minute ago, Jocam2325 said:

What a surprise.   Yawn

Let him get fit - Use Uche, Naismith and Mclean until he's up to speed. Use him from the bench for impact.

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

What problem would that be? 

Honestly

:vangry:

:vrface:

If he’s fit and ready to go then it’s a no brainer for me. Knows the city, the league, the club and the supporters so he should fit in seemlessly.

He’s perhaps not as prolific in big games like Lafferty was but his overall game is better. I loved watching him play and hopefully he’s still the same player.

I genuinely believe that a partnership of Sow and Uche would be an upgrade to what we had before, the only thing that will be hard to replace was Lafferty’s impact in the games against Celtic (I know he scored against Hibs and Rangers as well but I actually thought he was pretty poor in those games aside from his goals), hopefully someone can step up to the plate and be our new big-game player - plenty of potential candidates in our squad to do just that, including Sow if he signs.

11 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Short term problem of banging in goals and winning every week?  I think this could be perfect for Sow - we have a number of strikers and we can afford to nurse him back to fitness rather than be forced to play him. 

Bazzas right boot

Good player when on it. 

Better all rounder than Lafferty. 

I always wondered about his fight tho, he seemed quite withdrawn and almost shy sometimes. Hopefully Naismith can help him in that department. 

Real threat with the ball at his feet tho, hopefully stay fit as well. 

On 28/04/2018 at 22:32, Back to 2005 said:

Would rather take a risk on someone with a bit of class like Sow than a journeyman type approaching his pension like McLean.

Have you seen McLean play? Looks a very astute acquisition to me

Well chuffed with this. 

Never thought it would happen. 

I just hope he's not lost any of his pace because that was a big part of his game.