Osman Sow maybe back at Tynecastle

JJ93

MK Dons were relegated today from League 1 to League 2.

Osman Sow is out of contract with them in August.

I'm not usually one for signing previous players but Sow would, imo, be a good addition to the squad and if we retain Naismith I don't think we would need to sign any more strikers.

THOUGHTS?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Top Corner

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Not sure he would be any good for us these days. Was he a success at MK Dons?

He only played 17 times for them and according to wikipedia (which is often wrong on these issues) he only scored 2 goals.

Nonetheless, he is proven up here to be a menace for defences and he scored 20 goals for us. I'd take him back and punt Sammon.

Seems like a great idea. He's not kicked a ball in 18 months, is constantly injured and contributed nothing to a dire Neilson team at MK Dons. Come to think of it, exactly the sort of waste of resources and unimaginative shite that we would countenance so it will probably happen. 

Edited by Hendricks

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Seems like a great idea. He's not kicked a ball in 18 months, is constantly injured, contributed nothing to a dire Neilson team at MK Dons. Come to think of it, exactly the sort of waste of resources and unimaginative shite that we would countenance so it will probably happen. 

Signing a player for free that we sold for £1 million. Yea, terrible idea.

He was fantastic for us and would be a great addition.

Tynecastlesmychurch

I can completely understand why a lot on kickback would give him a pass. But he is proven up here. And he wouldn't be our main man. That position is currently Laffertys. 

So it wouldn't hit us as hard if and when he's injured. Plus I can't see us paying him a fortune. He'd be coming from a side relegated to league two.

He's got pace to burn somthing witch we all agree we need a lot more of in the team. 

Can you imagine a front line of 

Sow  Lafferty  Milinkovic 

Naismith 

Just need to get the midfield and LB areas sorted out and we're looking a lot stronger!

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

7 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Seems like a great idea. He's not kicked a ball in 18 months, is constantly injured, contributed nothing to a dire Neilson team at MK Dons. Come to think of it, exactly the sort of waste of resources and unimaginative shite that we would countenance so it will probably happen. 

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, t04dg7 said:

Signing a player for free that we sold for £1 million. Yea, terrible idea.

He was fantastic for us and would be a great addition.

Apart from the fact he's never fit and has a very questionable attitude aye sounds brilliant. We need to sign players that can be relied upon, not guys who have had a hot streak for a couple of months in their entire careers (don't believe me look at his stats). God knows we've had enough lazy, constantly injured shysters on our books recently. We got the money for Sow, lets be glad of that and move on.

6 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Apart from the fact he's never fit and has a very questionable attitude aye sounds brilliant. We need to sign players that can be relied upon, not guys who have had a hot streak for a couple of months in their entire careers (don't believe me look at his stats). God knows we've had enough lazy, constantly injured shysters on our books recently. We got the money for Sow, lets be glad of that and move on.

I don’t believe his attitude has ever been questioned. It’s not worked out for him at mk dons much like it’s not worked out for numerous players who’ve succeeded up in Scotland.

Sow was great for Hearts and if we don’t go for him then Aberdeen or hibs will.

Just now, t04dg7 said:

I don’t believe his attitude has ever been questioned. It’s not worked out for him at mk dons much like it’s not worked out for numerous players who’ve succeeded up in Scotland.

Sow was great for Hearts and if we don’t go for him then Aberdeen or hibs will.

Lol thats a great policy for signing players. Sow is done.

colinmaroon
11 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

TBF, what did Rudi do when he was away from Hearts?

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

TBF, what did Rudi do when he was away from Hearts?

Well he played over 100 times for Southampton (EPL), Hertha Berlin (Bundesliga) and Slavia Prague (Czech top division) as well as being in the Czech national squad for the 2008 Euro Championships!  

Osman Sow has played less than 50 games for some team in China and League 1 MK Dons!!!!  

Comparing Skacel a Hearts legend with Osman Sow is staggering on many levels. Under no circumstances should Osman Sow ever be back at Hearts and the fact people are trying to justify it just shows how desperate things have become. 

heartmussel
28 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I'm not usually one for signing previous players but Sow would, imo, be a good addition to the squad and if we retain Naismith I don't think we would need to sign any more strikers.

THOUGHTS?

Bring back Robbie Muirhead to?‍♂️both have been poor in a shocking MK Dons side.Anyway Sow goes where his agent tells him he is going.

If there’s an English lower league goal scorer I’d sign it would be mark mcnulty. Seems to scores every week for coventry. They don’t have much cash and if they don’t get promoted he might want to progress his career 

cardboardcutout

Provided he was fit then it’s a no brainer!! Would be much better than what we have just now and would give us some much needed pace and height in attack.

BackOfTheNet

Very rarely am I happy for players gone to return. Not convinced Sow is one i’d be bothered about either way. I’m just waiting on the thread about Jamie Walker - “not getting a game at Wigan since their promotion, available on loan - worth a punt?” I just want the right players to come in and for us to have a bit of luck with injuries, I don’t care if they’re former players or new, but must admit at being a bit excited by the unknown.

Yep. Liked Osman, if he's still able could do a good job for us. We really need to be thinking about the midfield too though.

cardboardcutout
6 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Well he played over 100 times for Southampton (EPL), Hertha Berlin (Bundesliga) and Slavia Prague (Czech top division) as well as being in the Czech national squad for the 2008 Euro Championships!  

Osman Sow has played less than 50 games for some team in China and League 1 MK Dons!!!!  

Comparing Skacel a Hearts legend with Osman Sow is staggering on many levels. Under no circumstances should Osman Sow ever be back at Hearts and the fact people are trying to justify it just shows how desperate things have become. 

Rudi was a fantastic player and rightly takes his place with the greats of our club.  The facts are financially we could never buy a player of his quality now and sow could flourish again if he feels at home. Imo

9 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Bring back Robbie Muirhead to?‍♂️both have been poor in a shocking MK Dons side.Anyway Sow goes where his agent tells him he is going.

I’d take Muirhead over amankwaa, cowie and Martin. 

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Good grief, the easily offended!

"Under no circumstances should Osman Sow ever be back at Hearts and the fact people are trying to justify it just shows how desperate things have become."

I was not "comparing" Skacel with Sow, I was making the point that Skacel's goal scoring feats with Hearts were not repeated elsewhere.  Sow scored goals here and, by the way I'm non-committal on his return but, it's not impossible that he could do a job.

We need pace in the team and Sow is quick across the ground and he scored some great goals. 

To say "under no circumstances" reveals more about you than Sow!

1 minute ago, cardboardcutout said:

Rudi was a fantastic player and rightly takes his place with the greats of our club.  The facts are financially we could never buy a player of his quality now and sow could flourish again if he feels at home. Imo

As you said in your previous post "IF HE IS FIT". Sad to tell you but he rarely is and he's barely kicked a ball in 18 months. Would be a terrible move to bring him back given how essential it is for us to make no further missteps in the transfer window. We've already brought in cover up front and we need starters nit guys who are routinely injured or play when they can be bothered. 

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

"Under no circumstances should Osman Sow ever be back at Hearts and the fact people are trying to justify it just shows how desperate things have become."

I was not "comparing" Skacel with Sow, I was making the point that Skacel's goal scoring feats with Hearts were not repeated elsewhere.  Sow scored goals here and, by the way I'm non-committal on his return but, it's not impossible that he could do a job.

We need pace in the team and Sow is quick across the ground and he scored some great goals. 

It also reveals that some Hearts fans are prepared to see further mistakes in the transfer window. I wouldn't touch Sow with a barge pole. 

By the way Skacel played in a much deeper role for the teams he moved to than he did Hearts and at a much higher level than the SPL thus far fewer goals. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

His star doesn't seem to be shining. I don't think he would fit in with Lafferty either.

However you can trace our steady regression to the point he pissed off to China. I think it would be risky, he is a bit glass, but my goodness he was just about unplayable before he left. If he got that back he will be good for someone.

59 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Seems like a great idea. He's not kicked a ball in 18 months, is constantly injured and contributed nothing to a dire Neilson team at MK Dons. Come to think of it, exactly the sort of waste of resources and unimaginative shite that we would countenance so it will probably happen. 

:D

ford donald
1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

THOUGHTS?l

He only used Hearts as a shop window.No thanks.

Glamorgan Jambo

A very decent player but given that his run in the team between March 2015 and Jan 2016 when he left was probably his longest injury free spell in his career there's a lot of risk there.

Geoff the Mince

The guy's barely kicked a ball all season 

aye lets bring in another huddie  :cornette:

Ricardo Shillyshally

We are a team that plays one up front and have just signed 2 forwards. Unless he has a pair of goalie gloves it ain't gonna happen

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

He's not very old, he can run and he's not really a gamble so I doubt if we will be interested.

He is injury prone though so that's a plus.

Back to 2005

Would rather take a risk on someone with a bit of class like Sow than a journeyman type approaching his pension like McLean.

WHEN neilson was on sportsoun a few weeks back he said that when Osman signed he was one of our lowest earners due to his injury issues

But also said he was a thoroughly good bloke who looks after his family and has built himself a home for his Mum in Sweden 

also in same interview, he was released by Crystal Palace and was due to come here but got sidetracked and on trial at Blackpool (confirmed by Alex Rae their then assistant who was on the show) who wanted to sign him but Oyston was apparently a nightmare to negotiate with so the window was lost and Osman came up signed here and the rest is history 

the last bit does give credence that he goes where his agent suggests 

Rocky jamboa
10 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Would rather take a risk on someone with a bit of class like Sow than a journeyman type approaching his pension like McLean.

Spot on. We know what we would get with ozzy and would prefer to sign someone like that than an unknown striker from Cambridge or 35 year old from st j. I'm certain ozzy would be great for us again but also know we will unlikely go in for him 

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

If there’s an English lower league goal scorer I’d sign it would be mark mcnulty. Seems to scores every week for coventry. They don’t have much cash and if they don’t get promoted he might want to progress his career 

Brilliant shout. Would be a great signing.

SpruceBringsteen

Bring back every player that we've ever punted, ever.

Edit: And manager, too.

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

It also reveals that some Hearts fans are prepared to see further mistakes in the transfer window. I wouldn't touch Sow with a barge pole. 

By the way Skacel played in a much deeper role for the teams he moved to than he did Hearts and at a much higher level than the SPL thus far fewer goals. 

God you're such a miserable sod and you accuse CL of being negative!

Nope.

We’ll have Lafferty,MacLean,Ikpeazu,Keena and Currie as strikers next season. Adding an injury prone player who has done nothing since leaving, isn’t a good idea.

It’s midfielders we need, not more strikers.

rudi must stay

You could put Sow on the wing or behind the striker(s) too. Plenty of pace and quality on the ball, he'd be a great signing

2 hours ago, ford donald said:

He only used Hearts as a shop window.No thanks.

Every player we have signed under the current regime has been encouraged to use Hearts as a shop window.

I'm not condoning it, as in my opinion it hardly breeds loyalty, but I've understood the rationale.

Levein has been on record many times over the past few years advocating this very thing.

Edited by Busby8

4 hours ago, tcjambo said:

God you're such a miserable sod and you accuse CL of being negative!

:greggy: yep my honesty about Hearts is comparable to the serial failure useless ***** that’s in charge of our team. Well deduced!!! Levein should **** off. 

See if he would train with us, or do a pre-season to assess his fitness. He was an excellent player before, if he impressed, why not a match to match or short term deal, but no more.

It should have been ten
7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

No point trying to have a reasonable debate with him, only his opinion counts as far as he’s concerned. The constant boring negativity from someone who lives in New Yo

Edited by It should have been ten

15 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

No point trying to have a reasonable debate with him, only his opinion counts as far as he’s concerned. The constant boring negativity from someone who lives in New Yo

:greggy: an opinion that’s correct. Time and time again. Sorry. ?

It should have been ten
36 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

^^ rk* but has an obsession with running fans with a different opinion, the club and manager down at the first opportunity gets monotonous so thought it best he was put on ignore a while back. Only seen his post through him being tagged in yours. No doubt his wee bum chums will be along soon to slate me but it makes no odds as they’re all on ignore too :wave1:

Edited by It should have been ten