Osman Sow maybe back at Tynecastle

JJ93

1 minute ago, Haken said:

English window is closed, so a loan is all that can be arranged at this time.  I think at the end of this season Sow's contract with MKD is up.

Don’t think that’s correct. English teams can still sell players (permanently) to countries in which their windows are open (i.e. Scotland).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Top Corner

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

1 minute ago, MWHearts said:

Don’t think that’s correct. English teams can still sell players (permanently) to countries in which their windows are open (i.e. Scotland).

Correct 

1 minute ago, MWHearts said:

Ah, didn't realise that.  :thumb:

Rocky jamboa

The down side with a loan/short term contract is that if he has a good season, there will be other clubs sniffing around him. 

I'd imagine with his injury concerns, any deal would be partly based on games played, goals etc

6 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The down side with a loan/short term contract is that if he has a good season, there will be other clubs sniffing around him. 

I'd imagine with his injury concerns, any deal would be partly based on games played, goals etc

Loan with an option to take sign permanent after ?

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Loan with an option to take sign permanent after ?

No need for the option as his contract is up at the end of the season. If we want him to stay and he wants to stay he can sign a pre-contract in January.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No need for the option as his contract is up at the end of the season. If we want him to stay and he wants to stay he can sign a pre-contract in January.

Option with us would be sensible imo. He would be just as free to sign for someone else as us if he does well otherwise.

1 hour ago, Smith&Weston said:

Selling Osman Sow when we did was the reason the 2nd half of that season started our spiral downwards.  A fit Sow was fantastic for Hearts and look forward to having the big man back.

Completly.

Sows link up play on the counter was some of the best i had ever seen at tynie, albeit in the championship.  I always felt when sow was pushed out wide after we signed zeefuik and juanma his game wasnt as good.  Although i also think he has been signed because he can play through the middle and out wide.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Too early to say if he would stay (or even sign yet) but he must see that the club is a completely different animal to the one he experienced the last time. So many improvements.

So IF he signs, is fit, plays well, stays major injury free then it would be good to get him signed up in January FOC.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Bez said:

Option with us would be sensible imo. He would be just as free to sign for someone else as us if he does well otherwise.

But any option would be an option to buy, meaning a fee would have to be pre-agreed. For this to be possible the loan would have to be short term (until January) as a fee at the end of the season when a player is out of contract is not possible, surely. Any deal for Sow with his injury record is a risk, waiting until January to potentially sign him on a free the next summer via a pre-contract is just another risk. A risk worth taking considering the difference would be paying a fee or not.

Why has he not been getting a look in at MK Dons? 

If we were linked with someone unknown to us in his situation people would be calling for heads to roll. 

Don't get me wrong, I loved Sow, but he has had less game time than Robbie Muirhead. 

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But any option would be an option to buy, meaning a fee would have to be pre-agreed. For this to be possible the loan would have to be short term (until January) as a fee at the end of the season when a player is out of contract is not possible, surely. Any deal for Sow with his injury record is a risk, waiting until January to potentially sign him on a free the next summer via a pre-contract is just another risk. A risk worth taking considering the difference would be paying a fee or not.

Are you sure it has to work like that? I suppose I just assumed we could write a Claus in to the contract where the deal could become permanent after the loan expires. Thinking about it now however, you are probably right. Fair enough.

Edited by Bez

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

If we were linked with someone unknown to us in his situation people would be calling for heads to roll. 

Don't get me wrong, I loved Sow, but he has had less game time than Robbie Muirhead. 

Football clubs don't always play their best players. If a manager doesn't like you. You won't play. It's that simple at times.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Rudi played about 10 times in 2 seasons before he re signed 

13 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

MK Dons sound a shambles in general, it is no surprise they got relegated last season

Hackney Hearts
9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Jury still very much out on him. He played like a League 2 player at Dunfermline! 

Pretty much the whole team did, apart from Bobby. Uche didn't have a great game, but Lafferty was even worse when he came on.

At least we know what Uche's capable of from all his other games.

12 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

He's been injured for a lot of his time there. When he was fit he played.

I'd imagine he's on too big a wage in comparison to what MK Dons want to be paying in League 1 and they'd rather recoup some of his wages from us which may allow them to bring in someone they see as a longer term option.

Perth to Paisley

Only doubt I have is that he has been raged with injury so I am not 100% that he can be the same player. 

Fingers crossed. 

Hackney Hearts
8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I loved big Sow. Is he better than Lafferty? Goalscoring wise obviously not. 

As has been pointed out already on this thread, Sow's top league goalscoring rate is better than Lafferty's.

He scored quite a few in the Championship as well, obviously!

6 minutes ago, kila said:

MK Dons sound a shambles in general, it is no surprise they got relegated last season

This is the case I’m sure. Managers ultimately fail due to the signings they make and I dare say Sow and Muirhead were ajudged failures and went a long way to getting RN punted. Hard for these players not to be viewed as damaged goods and for the new manager it will be easy to overlook someone else’s perceived mistakes. 

None of this diminishes the success Sow was at Tynecastle and everything is in Hearts favour if we decide to bring him back on loan. 

8 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Only doubt I have is that he has been raged with injury so I am not 100% that he can be the same player. 

Fingers crossed. 

Yet appears to have whizzed through a medical yesterday according to a report.

29 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Football clubs don't always play their best players. If a manager doesn't like you. You won't play. It's that simple at times.

Very true that - look at Levein with Martin :whistling:

This news is pleasing never forget the look on the huns faces when he scored that goal in injury time at castle greyskull a few seconds after they got the equalizer.?

45 minutes ago, Elshin said:

Completly.

Sows link up play on the counter was some of the best i had ever seen at tynie, albeit in the championship.  I always felt when sow was pushed out wide after we signed zeefuik and juanma his game wasnt as good.  Although i also think he has been signed because he can play through the middle and out wide.

Absolutley spot on. Sow needs to played through the middle to get the best out of him. 

35 minutes ago, kila said:

They very much were, but in Paul Tisdale, they've found a strong, stable gaffer.

doctor jambo

Last week if you had offered me a choice of either lafferty

OR

Sow and £700k,

I'd have driven Lafferty to ibrox myself

It probably goes without sayng that if he was a regular starter for MKD, he wouldn't be available for this loan deal.

Hampden Demolition
27 minutes ago, Locky said:

They very much were, but in Paul Tisdale, they've found a strong, stable gaffer.

He seems a bit of a knob though.

Captain America
10 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

OR

Sow and £700k,

TBF he couldn't drive himself there. 

:naughty:

Edited by Captain America

1 hour ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Mate most players we are linked with have hardly any game time at their clubs.Lafferty,Naismith list goes on and on.

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Heres Rixxy said:

He's had injury problems, apparently. It also looks from here like he went to MKD because of Neilson and Crawford, and after they were emptied and the club went rapidly down the pan his morale dropped. I saw some of their fans online saying it looked like he couldn't be bothered, he can't have been the only one in that team.

30 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

OR

Sow and £700k,

Very much agree with this (although I would have bricked their windaes whilst I was through there).

It sounds like, when given game time, he was part of MK's best performances, whether scoring goals or not. Unfortunately for him (and the dons fans) he's either been injured our out of favour for large spells.

Those saying that they don't know why we are getting excited about signing a guy who couldn't get a game for them don't know the full facts, or are just ignoring them.

He's a good fit for us, he knows the league and the club, he knows the fans and the kind of reception he will get, especially when playing well. Sometimes that's all a player needs to pick him up and get him playing as he can again. 

9 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

OR

Sow and £700k,

I liked Laff but this is the crux of the matter. Sow vs Laff - both fit - is a worthy debate. Sow plus £700k vs Laff is way way less debatable. In fact its fantastic stuff from CL. Rabbit out the hat stuff.

As has been said, “fit” is the big word there.

My MK Dons pal told me that as far as they are concerned down there Sow is due back from injury any day now and he's heard nothing about a loan to us. He reckons he only played 4-6 times last season due to injury. 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's going to drag on innit?

:sob:

No reason why it can't be done today. Medical passed MK Dons agreed to the medical so must agree with the terms. It's only 10:30, deals are never done at this time

Edited by rudi must stay

4 minutes ago, 1953 said:

My MK Dons pal told me that as far as they are concerned down there Sow is due back from injury any day now and he's heard nothing about a loan to us. He reckons he only played 4-6 times last season due to injury. 

Their manager has come out in the media saying that he is in talks with another club. It was posted earlier in the thread.

The media up here may be sh*t, but the fact the sun are reporting that a medical has been passed (yes the sun, I know, but they have been pretty switched on when it comes to deals that are about to be done of late) then it's more than just speculation.

Edited by Gav M

Captain America
3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

He played 18 games last season for them.

Unknown user

Of course, the best thing about Sow is that he was going to be signing for hibs until they got relegated and butcher got the sack.

We didn't just sign him, he slipped through their fingers first

:verysmug:

Just now, Smithee said:

Of course, the best thing about Sow is that he was going to be signing for hibs until they got relegated and butcher got the sack.

We didn't just sign him, he slipped through their fingers first

:verysmug:

Like lafferty ? was he not supposed to be going down there for talks........oh, wait...

tartofmidlothian

Comments from the MK Dons forum, apologies if posted already.

"2 goals from 20 appearances for MK Dons, playing 27.2% of league minutes."

"Aside from his goalscoring record, he did make a positive impact on the team. Put in some excellent crosses, got 3 assists and when he got going you could see he was a class above. On pure ability alone, he isn't a bad player at all. I just think last season, even when he was playing, he wasn't 100% "there" or "fit". If he could keep fit and guarantee 30/40+ games a season I'd want to keep him. Unfortunately his fitness just seems to be too much of an issue considering the wages he's probably on."

"Indeed, some of our better results last season were when Sow was on the pitch, whether he scored or not. However, those wages can be put to more reliable & more effective use now."

"I'm rather disappointed with this. I thought the plan was to get him fit and then he'll tear up the division. Unless Jayden Stockley is lined up then I can only see this as bad news."

"I'm disappointed that it's not worked out for him with us as, ability wise, he's certainly capable of being a good league one and two player. However I do think we've reached a stage where we can't afford to keep gambling on the fitness of both Aneke and Sow, and regularly being without them for lengthy spells, especially when it's preventing us bringing any new attacking players in."

"Hearts fans are wetting themselves with excitement at the news of his potential loan back to them.....are we all missing something or is Scottish football even worse than we all thought is was"

"To be fair we haven’t really seen what he can do when he’s fully fit, properly match fit, I would think he could be a real threat to any defence. I’m disappointed he’s going without really giving us a chance to see him at full tilt"

3 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Comments from the MK Dons forum, apologies if posted already.

"2 goals from 20 appearances for MK Dons, playing 27.2% of league minutes."

"Aside from his goalscoring record, he did make a positive impact on the team. Put in some excellent crosses, got 3 assists and when he got going you could see he was a class above. On pure ability alone, he isn't a bad player at all. I just think last season, even when he was playing, he wasn't 100% "there" or "fit". If he could keep fit and guarantee 30/40+ games a season I'd want to keep him. Unfortunately his fitness just seems to be too much of an issue considering the wages he's probably on."

"Indeed, some of our better results last season were when Sow was on the pitch, whether he scored or not. However, those wages can be put to more reliable & more effective use now."

"I'm rather disappointed with this. I thought the plan was to get him fit and then he'll tear up the division. Unless Jayden Stockley is lined up then I can only see this as bad news."

"I'm disappointed that it's not worked out for him with us as, ability wise, he's certainly capable of being a good league one and two player. However I do think we've reached a stage where we can't afford to keep gambling on the fitness of both Aneke and Sow, and regularly being without them for lengthy spells, especially when it's preventing us bringing any new attacking players in."

"Hearts fans are wetting themselves with excitement at the news of his potential loan back to them.....are we all missing something or is Scottish football even worse than we all thought is was"

"To be fair we haven’t really seen what he can do when he’s fully fit, properly match fit, I would think he could be a real threat to any defence. I’m disappointed he’s going without really giving us a chance to see him at full tilt"

Cheers tart, those are the comments I was alluding to in my earlier comment about some people mumping without realising the facts.

1 minute ago, Arnold Rothstein said:

MK Dons. ?

I’d be gutted if we didn’t take five off them. 

And the rest.

Some of the players we’ve had on our books recently are ones they could only dream of signing. Berra, Djoum, Paterson, Naismith, Lafferty, McLaughlin.

Meanwhile they’re busy spouting nonsense about Robbie Muirhead being the player to measure the standard for Scottish football against. The same Muirhead that barely kicked a ball for us.

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, King prawn said:

And the rest.

Some of the players we’ve had on our books recently are ones they could only dream of signing. Berra, Djoum, Paterson, Naismith, Lafferty, McLaughlin.

Meanwhile they’re busy spouting nonsense about Robbie Muirhead being the player to measure the standard for Scottish football against. The same Muirhead that barely kicked a ball for us.

But still got 2 against Sevco in a 2-0 win.