• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Top Corner

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

So, if you pardon the pun, has Sow signed, or close to doing so?

The sun's reported that he's passed a medical but nothing further from any reputable source as far as I'm aware

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, Boris said:

So, if you pardon the pun, has Sow signed, or close to doing so?

Let’s hope sow

Unknown user
Just now, It should have been ten said:

Didnae ken Kirk from Coronation Street was a Jambo ?

6B4B2360-180E-45A2-80FE-75C7FA1AD4F4.jpeg.9b5d244206ecd4a2bcd17adb3c1ab034.jpeg

Don't know who Kirk is but look, Darren from the Royle Family!

It should have been ten
Just now, Smithee said:

Don't know who Kirk is but look, Darren from the Royle Family!

Aye same guy, couldn’t remember his name in the Royle Family :lol:

Osman Sow will do the business for us along with the other guys as long as he stays fit. MK probably needed him off their wage bill and we're probably getting him for very little or nothing while paying his wages. Because of this and CL' s comments about being a much stronger squad by the end of the window , I think we are using the cash we have to bring in another 2 or 3 quality signings. 

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If it's the Osman Sow who left in terms of form, fitness etc then a very good deal

In all honestly there has to be a doubt about that given his experiences with other clubs since leaving

Maybe though like some other players it just fits at Hearts and lets hope so

A low cost gamble but still a gamble

Hope you are right regards fits at Hearts as we've signed proven goal scorers in the past, but when they don the maroon, it just hasn't happened. Viz. Wyness, Sutton.

18 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Could also be both I suppose.

Or just auld. Think sairy was going to Tynie when Davie McLean was the gaffer. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The sun's reported that he's passed a medical but nothing further from any reputable source as far as I'm aware

According to a chap on Twitter seen leaving Tynecastle with his thumbs up. 

I pray its the same Osman that left us

25 minutes ago, graygo said:

FFS I was just translating for you, what you having a go at me for?

Apologies I thought I was responding to the other tutor Sutol who jumped in on a dispute I was having with a frantic slaver.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Cheers Smithee. Just been catching snippets of thread. One would hope that since a medical has taken place, everything else is a formality?

Unknown user
Just now, Boris said:

Cheers Smithee. Just been catching snippets of thread. One would hope that since a medical has taken place, everything else is a formality?

You'd think so, and the sun are usually pretty spot on despite being agents of Satan

OK it's a bit of a gamble re his fitness, however if it comes off Hearts will have trousered around 700k and got arguably (if fit) a better player IMO 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

According to a chap on Twitter seen leaving Tynecastle with his thumbs up. 

Surprised at how excited I am!

1 hour ago, Zen Jambo said:

Mr O Sow risin’....

coat got. 

No coat required, Zen. 

Made me chuckle. :)

heartsfc_fan

Credit to those at Hearts of this does happen. If he can stay fit then it's a brilliant move.

And then we have Vanecek coming in January for free. Brilliant ?

BackOfTheNet

A quick look at my previous posts will tell you I’ve always been a bit “meh” at the prospect of him re-signing, but that was purely down to his stats since leaving and not least his injury record. I’d be delighted to have the Sow from 2014-16 back, I just hope that’s who we get.

An interesting note though, when comparing Sow’s and Lafferty’s stats in Premiership games (before anyone screams “19! 19! at me like a welt, it’s because of Sow’s time at Championship level I thought best to focus on their respective times in the Premiership): Sow had 9 in 23 (39%), Lafferty had 13 in 37 (35%). Strange since I never thought of Sow being that prolific.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

11 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Apologies I thought I was responding to the other tutor Sutol who jumped in on a dispute I was having with a frantic slaver.

Sorry for asking you what you meant to say. 

2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Sorry for asking you what you meant to say. 

And I apologise to you I thought you were being snide,my own fault for abbreviating my response in the first place.Once again I apologise

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

And I apologise to you I thought you were being snide,my own fault for abbreviating my response in the first place.Once again I apologise

:peace:

EasternRossco

Genuinely incredible that we are close to re-signing one of the best players we have had in the last 5 years and yet people are using it as an excuse to trade petty insults and take moral high grounds regarding grammar. 

Boys got a wand of a left peg, he's only on loan and it's an opportunity to sing to Pilot again. Win, win and win ?

Hope we can get him signed tomorrow then can press ahead with other targets, ideally Mitchell and McAuley. Wonder if Levein has another big signing up his sleeve.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

It certainly is, up to the first frost of the year. Have to get up early though, or find a patch in complete shade.

IIRC...

On the subject of songs, this is the first time I've wished we'd kept Tony Watt, but just so I could sing Anti Nowhere League's Sow ******* Watt in public

I see, Smithee.

Your iirc seems a bit too detailed. :whistling:

I started this but I'm zonking...eh, bailing out before the warning points/ban. :lol:

2 hours ago, Old Pivotonian said:

Actually, it should probably be 'fewer peanuts'. 

Sorry mate, couldn't resist. 

:lol: 

Lucille's Thirsty
6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

That Ibrox game has to be one of our best wins ever. Heads could have went down but we broke quickly while they were still creaming their knickers over a late equaliser. The league was ours from that moment on. 

Seconded. I was at that game, I’ve never seen a support like ours that day. When Sow nestled that shot. We went biserk. I seen Jambos on top of the segregation tarpoline! Great day. Wasn’t that the birth of “Glasgow Rangers you let you’re club die” fits of laughter in our end. 

1 minute ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Seconded. I was at that game, I’ve never seen a support like ours that day. When Sow nestled that shot. We went biserk. I seen Jambos on top of the segregation tarpoline! Great day. Wasn’t that the birth of “Glasgow Rangers you let you’re club die” fits of laughter in our end. 

Was there as well. It was some day like.

heartsfc_fan

Mad to think the only players left at the club when Sow was here last are Djoum, Morrison and Souttar (who I think was only here for about a week before Sow left).

Then there's Zanatta and Sammon out on loan.

12 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Hope we can get him signed tomorrow then can press ahead with other targets, ideally Mitchell and McAuley. Wonder if Levein has another big signing up his sleeve.

Wonder if folk would be happy if we used some of the lafferty money on Mitchell’s wages, like we did with the Walker money to get Naismith in 

Fozzyonthefence

Step back imo. Did a good job last time round but he’s totally flopped in League 1 down there.  Maybe Fowler at Sunderland was right - the SPL is similar standard to League 1, frightening if true that our game has stooped that low. 

North Berwick Jambo
5 minutes ago, campbell said:

Wonder if folk would be happy if we used some of the lafferty money on Mitchell’s wages, like we did with the Walker money to get Naismith in 

I would be delighted if Mitchell came back on loan but It would be amazing if we somehow got him on a permanent deal!

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Step back imo. Did a good job last time round but he’s totally flopped in League 1 down there.  Maybe Fowler at Sunderland was right - the SPL is similar standard to League 1, frightening if true that our game has stooped that low. 

Big Uche came from Cambridge United and they’re a league 2 team. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Big Uche came from Cambridge United and they’re a league 2 team. 

Jury still very much out on him. He played like a League 2 player at Dunfermline! No idea how he did at Cambridge but a lot of good players start in the lower leagues. Sow is going the other direction and I think we’ve seen the best of him. I don’t see him getting much game time, even if he isn’t injured most of the time.

jacklivi1874

Kenny Miller and Boyd were hardly all that  on there travels like many more... but horses for courses I say and big Sow ticks the SPL  boxes 

hearts 4 the cup

As others have said, his fitness levels are key here.

If fit, it's a tremendous signing and squad wise we're stronger than we were going into the Celtic game

54 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm almost certain it's the same guy, certainly looked like him.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Jury still very much out on him. He played like a League 2 player at Dunfermline! No idea how he did at Cambridge but a lot of good players start in the lower leagues. Sow is going the other direction and I think we’ve seen the best of him. I don’t see him getting much game time, even if he isn’t injured most of the time.

He was skinning Kieran Tierney the week before that mind.

League 1 is a good bit below HMFC level tbh. Hamilton and Livi probably below that level though.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Bez said:

He was skinning Kieran Tierney the week before that mind.

League 1 is a good bit below HMFC level tbh. Hamilton and Livi probably below that level though.

Uche was excellent against ICT, quiet against Celtic but did well on the goal. Still looks very raw but a real handful for defenders. The Pars centre backs never gave him a kick though.

siegementality
3 hours ago, Markymark said:

Driven by his ego. Naismith and lafferty. That’s the only 2 players he linked us with, can’t even remember if he broke the news first. Nothing of note since other than keeping his cards close to his chest (or not actually having a clue more likely)

Gotta agree. His latest scoop is naming a price for Lafferty that will never be confirmed and stating the Osman Sow loan will happen five hours after it was reported in the papers it was happening. In addition, to show his ITK status he has the chance to name this other player he has been cryptic about. Does he name him, no, not saying as it might not come off.  Daza jambo has two luckies or decent bit of info with Naismith and Lafferty. Maybe his contact was at Norwich as I’ve said previously. 

Anyway, better stop having a go. My bladder couldn’t take if his mum came on sticking up for him again ????

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Uche was excellent against ICT, quiet against Celtic but did well on the goal. Still looks very raw but a real handful for defenders. The Pars centre backs never gave him a kick though.

Quiet against celtic? Your having a laugh mate. Need to watch it back, they even highlighted him in first half and full time review.. Total nightmare for celtic.. 

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Quiet against Celtic?? NSIS...

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 minutes ago, ericb said:

Would prefer to sign osman rather than a loan ☹️

Loan makes sense to me. His contract expires next season anyway do gives us a chance to monitor his fitness/form before offering a deal.