Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cheers 

Maybe the number he wants, has some significance for him 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He is currently 28 for Teplice which is also an available number for us, so imagine he will get that.

Weirdly I think there was a picture on instagram of his child with “vanacek 17” on the back. I dont know how garuccio will take that!!

50 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Christ be a bit open minded. Mitchell was here before, so no idea.

But look around the league, it's less no hopes and more promising players.

If you can't accept Aberdeen showed the league in a good light your a bit blinkered.

No longer the Paul McCallum and Michael ngoos. Now we have the Jimmy Dunne and Demi Mitchell’s! 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Busby8 said:

A lot of bitterness on the Wednesday fans forum.

Up to 9 pages over 19 hours now.

Got to wonder if there would have been as many posts if it was a player they really weren't too bothered about ?

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/276126-sean-clare-signing-for/

Edinburgh Owl could maybe do with some back up if anyone feels like jumping in :-).

(I'll' hud the jaikits)

Mr Farrell seem's a right dick though

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I cannot wait for the ignorant turds in the media to question our challenge capabilities when they will no doubt question the size of our squad when compared to the erse cheeks.  

Well that won't wash now ya blinkered cockwombles. So twist on that.

Roond ye all ya pricks oh and also :fth:

Great attitude to have mate I applaud u infact can I be your plus one ? in saying F the media so many years we have been there bitch not anymore not with Craig at the helm Gorgie rules.

Just this minute dumped the cases on the carpet after driving up from Southampton and all I can say is..

YAAAAASSSS. Get in there big man and welcome to the best club in the world.

Just read the entire thread on Owls Talk. I used to like Wednesday but most of them on there spout the usual lazy ignorant shit about our league.  We'd take Wednesday for sure home and away.

Edited by i8hibsh

36 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Just increased my FOH pledge by a fiver. Not much but the joy the club is giving me this season makes it more than worthwhile. Brilliant signing. 

I'll be doing that as well but have encountered a problem. If Iainmac gets in touch with me I'll rectify it post haste,tout de suite and immediately.

Potentially a great signing and a statement to other clubs that we can lure players from England along with the old firm. Absolutely love the seethe from the english nobodies when scottish teams sign highly rated players. 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'll be doing that as well but have encountered a problem. If Iainmac gets in touch with me I'll rectify it post haste,tout de suite and immediately.

Done! ? 

BTW, if anyone else is having difficulty upping their pledge, just drop me a PM! 

Edited by iainmac

Ministry of Football
1 hour ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Possible starting 11 on Sat but the squad depth is unbelievable HHGH

BF6EDE9C-9731-46CF-92C8-202782450883.jpeg

Whilst this looks good on paper, Ikpeazu isn't so good at scoring goals and really needs someone beside him. 

It wasn't really until Maclean come on that we really started to take command yesterday. 

Edited by Ministry of Football

7 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Whilst this looks good on paper, Ikpeazu isn't so good at scoring goals and really needs someone beside him. 

It wasn't really until Maclean come on that we really started to take command yesterday. 

Yup drop Djoum for MacLean.

Hilarious to see Sheffield Wednesday fans who have seen only second division football for the last 20 years and no trophies almost 30 years talking about how it’s a bad move for him. 

Tynecastle Valhalla
12 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Same against Kili

mclean Very unlucky not to be starting 

Welcome to “The Famous” Sean, u’ve made a wise choice. We’re building from a position of strength...I’m not saying it but I’m thinking it (might just be possible)

19A20810-98A8-47CA-9582-47E2FE3197FD.jpeg

Welcome to Hearts Sean

Bit of a better history than the Sheffield club you have just came from .......................who have won nothing for decades.

• FA Cup (3) Winners: 1895–96, 1906–07, 1934–35. Runners-up: 1965–66, 1992–93.
  • Football League Cup (1) Winners: 1990–91. Runners-up: 1992–93.
  • FA Community Shield (1) Winners: 1935.
  • Sheriff of London Charity Shield: Winners: 1905.

The Sheriff of London Charity Shield winners 1905 on the honours list because there is not much else on it. 

Not much of a history really

Sheffield does have South Yorkshire police though and many, many rape gangs that South Yorkshire police don't seem to care about or probably run, oh yes and they used to make forks.

Edinburgh is beautiful, clean and special,  welcome young man you will love it and the club.

Edited by Australis......

4 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans can sit obediently while I dangle my untrimmed bawsack in their delusional mouths.

Welcome Sean.

?

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

:wow:

come on Levein give someone else a chance at the league. 

This. We don't want to wrap the league up too early or the last few games will be boring.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
14 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Hilarious to see Sheffield Wednesday fans who have seen only second division football for the last 20 years and no trophies almost 30 years talking about how it’s a bad move for him. 

About the only reason anyone's heard of them is because of the Hillsborough disaster. Complete nonentities.

This is some squad we have now. Both in 4-4-2 formation but options all over the place for different set-ups.

First Team

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Dunne

Garrucio

Clare

Lee

Haring

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Other First Team

Doyle

Godinho

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon

Morrison

Cochrane

Bozanic

Macdonald

Wighton

Maclean

Vanecek to come in January. Hughes and Amankwaa as further backup and Burns and Edwards out on loan.

Edited by HoGwash

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Some of that will be the reason Craig is excited. Pace over the first 5 yards leaves others stranded. Looks a winner.

23 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

The key factor for a player at his stage is to play games 

Probably the key factor in choosing Hearts. No guarantee to have played at Sheffield Wednesday even. 

Seems he has taken his time to decide. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/clare-hearts-the-place-to-be

Edited by Mikey1874

This is the box to box player we have been looking for. The player that can pick up the ball in midfield and within three secs is running down on the oppositions box. He also looks like a goal scorer which we have missed in midfield for a long time. 

I am am just fascinated to see how Levein sets them all up and in what formation. What is great though is we have the flexibility to play in a few formations. 

Pace, technique, power, it is all there now. Incredibly exciting times. 

20 minutes ago, Punks No Deid said:

Welcome to “The Famous” Sean, u’ve made a wise choice. We’re building from a position of strength...I’m not saying it but I’m thinking it (might just be possible)

19A20810-98A8-47CA-9582-47E2FE3197FD.jpeg

Love it

2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Wondering where he'll fit in. 

From yesterday's team, would we drop Djoum, Lee or Morrison?

I think Lee is safe as he sits a little deeper. One of the other two most likely.

My gut feeling is that he'll be wide right.

I agree with you.  I think most likely Morrison would be the one to drop out from yesterday's starting 11.

Not only our first 11 but our squad is frighteningly good. Brilliant stuff from levein. Brilliant backing from Budge as well, the woman has been unbelievable for us. 

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Wednesday fans are seeeeething :gok: Like Luton all over again.

Owls fans are a wierd bunch, seem to think they have a sense of entitlement and should be in amongst EPL teams. The Blades are a better club all round.

Edited by brux

CornhillHearts

Just upped my pledge as well. 

Our manager's taken the lead here in strengthening our playing position when in an already strong position.

Hopefully FOH benefit from the feel good factor and their position of strength is replicated.

30 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

This is some squad we have now. Both in 4-4-2 formation but options all over the place for different set-ups.

First Team

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Dunne

Garrucio

Clare

Lee

Haring

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Other First Team

Doyle

Godinho

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon

Morrison

Cochrane

Bozanic

Macdonald

Wighton

Maclean

Vanecek to come in January. Hughes and Amankwaa as further backup and Burns and Edwards out on loan.

We must have one hell of a big wage bill now!!

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

While it's not impossible, I reckon splitting the school end and having both sets of fans relatively close (even with the gap) to each other would cause possible security problems.  Not only that, they would find a way somehow of getting a ticket and you you might find them sitting amongst us.

Of course it's not impossible, It's been done plenty of times in recent years, and didn't seem to be a major security issue then!!!  It was only stopped last season because we had a significant amount of extra capacity thanks to the new main stand, weren't looking like selling out games, and wanted to try to maximise revenue. 

Given that we're flying now and criwds are well up, there's every reason to go back to splitting the school end.

34 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

First Team

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Dunne

Garrucio

Clare

Lee

Haring

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Other First Team

Doyle

Godinho

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon

Morrison

Cochrane

Bozanic

Macdonald

Wighton

Maclean

Djoum?

7 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Just upped my pledge as well. 

Our manager's taken the lead here in strengthening our playing position when in an already strong position.

Hopefully FOH benefit from the feel good factor and their position of strength is replicated.

Brilliant. 

If anyone wants to do the same, here's the link. 

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/own-the-history-shape-the-future/

Only if you can afford to do so. 

14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We must have one hell of a big wage bill now!!

Our squad size has actually only increased by two or three players when you tally up all the players going out. The quality and balance of the squad certainly looks to be greatly increased though. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ray Gin

23 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Not only our first 11 but our squad is frighteningly good. Brilliant stuff from levein. Brilliant backing from Budge as well, the woman has been unbelievable for us. 

here here

Great interview, speaks so positively of the club and fans. Looks like he has a lot of choices on the table so top work to CL and the staff? Interesting that he takes the no9 shirt even said so himself! Great bit of business ???