Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

50 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Some of that will be the reason Craig is excited. Pace over the first 5 yards leaves others stranded. Looks a winner.

Absolutely. 

Can't wait to see him in maroon

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Just read the entire thread on Owls Talk. I used to like Wednesday but most of them on there spout the usual lazy ignorant shit about our league.  We'd take Wednesday for sure home and away.

Not sure if we would beat them away (absolutely sure we'd beat them at Tynie) but totally agree with this. The inflated opinion English people have of their football is incredible. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 11/07/2018 at 10:44, Deviskan said:

Absolutely no chance...not with the other teams that are looking at him.

On 11/07/2018 at 10:47, Deviskan said:

Aye, we're likely going to outbid Aston Villa, Leeds, Southampton...Celtic and Rangers also credited with interest.

If those two are interested, he would no doubt have been up here anyway seeing them...and has done us the courtesy to hear what what we're all about.

But as I said...absolutely no chance.

On 11/07/2018 at 10:51, Deviskan said:

Yeah, he's likely no to want to sit on the bench for a fraction of the wages any of the others teams would pay...literally cloud cuckoo land stuff (we cannot compete with League One Teams wages wise, but here we have multiple posters believing we can compete with Large Championship/Premiership Teams!

And by outbid...that meant outbid on contract offer, it's easily validated by checking that mystical magical tool called 'Google' to see what other teams are looking at this guy (and the fact he's out of contract).

On 11/07/2018 at 11:06, Escobar PHM said:

Never heard of him, but having now found out about him. I agree with the No Chance positiion

On 11/07/2018 at 13:29, Escobar PHM said:

Sir will be more than happy to eat humble pie if this guys signs

Just a few of my favorites...

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

You can’t help yourself can you? 

Genuine post 

When i say ‘no dig intended’ I mean it.

Is English not your first language?

1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

This is some squad we have now. Both in 4-4-2 formation but options all over the place for different set-ups.

First Team

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Dunne

Garrucio

Clare

Lee

Haring

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Other First Team

Doyle

Godinho

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon

Morrison

Cochrane

Bozanic

Macdonald

Wighton

Maclean

Vanecek to come in January. Hughes and Amankwaa as further backup and Burns and Edwards out on loan.

I'd forgotten Berra to come back as well !!

2 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Aye but we are only allowed 8 subs hopefully nobody gets miffed if they're not quoted in match day squad anyway onwards and upwards 

Let's hope the management are more clued up on the rules than you! Don't want to lose the league title due to a points deduction for having too many subs named!

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Let's hope the management are more clued up on the rules than you! Don't want to lose the league title due to a points deduction for having too many subs named!

It's about the only way other teams stand a chance of catching us!

9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Genuine post 

When i say ‘no dig intended’ I mean it.

Is English not your first language?

My point was that if even I am gobsmacked at where we appear to be heading those that were not so positive must have had a bigger boost from a less positive or lower expectation position.

It was actually an inclusive post rather than one aimed as a dig - as I said.

Probably too subtle I guess for some or maybe just you. I don’t know..?

Edited by Jammy T

5 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

It's one thing SW fans slagging our league (fair enough, we don't get obscene TV money) - but what is it with making out Edinburgh weather is like Siberia? In comparison with Sheffield, FFS?? Just Googled average max temperatures for January, February, March:

Sheffield     6      6      8

Edinburgh   7      7      9

I think Sean will manage to adjust.

Basically every time we sign a player from England, I find myself adding another fanbase to the list of ‘moronic and ignorant English football supporters’. You kinda have to take it from the genuinely big clubs down there I suppose, but when you’ve got tinpot pish like Luton coming away with that crap, you just find yourself pleased that you don’t really have to communicate with the dribbling simpletons very often. Sheffield Wednesday were a big club historically. How they think they are in a position to look down their noses at us right now however is beyond me. :lol:

Edited by Bez

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I cannot wait for the ignorant turds in the media to question our challenge capabilities when they will no doubt question the size of our squad when compared to the erse cheeks.  

Well that won't wash now ya blinkered cockwombles. So twist on that.

Roond ye all ya pricks oh and also :fth:

They wont do that because we are not challengers.

Just been on another teams forum :) They`ve signed another player. I know someone etc who raved about him. Why have we not signed him.

All good fun. Oh and a thread on us finishing 4th or fifth and one asking can we do a Leicester.

On 12/07/2018 at 22:10, Deviskan said:

Would you like to explain why that’s for me?

Methinks you have shot your bolt way too quick...as I said I thought there was no chance he would SIGN FOR US.

Has he signed?

Nope...he’s weighing up his options, and as I said I’d hold my hands up if we got him, and will expect the same in return from people jumping all over me for having an opinion if he signs for someone like Leeds instead.

:sergioyay:

I couldn’t let this little beauty pass.

Apology accepted.

And all because it was stated he was at the Oriam in July.

:scenes:

6 minutes ago, Bez said:

Basically every time we sign a player from England, I find myself adding another fanbase to the list of ‘moronic and ignorant English football supporters’. You kinda have to take it from the genuinely big clubs down there I suppose, but when you’ve got tinpot pish like Luton coming away with that crap, you just find yourself pleased that you don’t really have to communicate with the dribbling simpletons very often. Sheffield Wednesday were a big club historically. How they think they are in a position to look down their noses at us right now however is beyond me. :lol:

Typical English arrogance.

Ricardo Shillyshally
2 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Just been on another teams forum :) They`ve signed another player. I know someone etc who raved about him. Why have we not signed him.

All good fun. Oh and a thread on us finishing 4th or fifth and one asking can we do a Leicester.

Where is the money coming from asks one of them, clearly bemused.

Meanwhile folk on here are increasing their monthly pledge.

6ft3, he’s a big lad.  Another set of options now, which is great.  Just thinking if we lost Uche to injury or suspension, we’d have the option to push Naismith up now with a strong attacking player behind him.

Looks like a great talent, but I’m not sure he’s a straight up starter just now.  

jimmy the jambo
27 minutes ago, stotty said:

Not sure if we would beat them away (absolutely sure we'd beat them at Tynie) but totally agree with this. The inflated opinion English people have of their football is incredible. 

Just get the arrogant so n so's telt.

The last two games we've played in Englalnd,Both teams couldn't beat us, Spurs & Liverpool seemed to be pretty good.?

Wednesday must be the dugs bollocks ?

5 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

It's one thing SW fans slagging our league (fair enough, we don't get obscene TV money) - but what is it with making out Edinburgh weather is like Siberia? In comparison with Sheffield, FFS?? Just Googled average max temperatures for January, February, March:

Sheffield     6      6      8

Edinburgh   7      7      9

I think Sean will manage to adjust.

On top of that Sheffield is a complete shit hole. 

Lad looks a great prospect but I think he's in for a surprise when it comes to the fizzicality. 

Exciting times. 

I would doubt many of these Wednesday fans or the Luton fans who lost their shit about Lee have watched much Scottish Football.      Much more likely is that their opinions about Scottish Football and Hearts are largely based on a pre-conceived attitude spoon fed to them by the media.      People like Mark Lawrenson (another who never watches Scottish matches) turns up his nose at Scottish Football and every ignorant viewer assumes he knows what he's talking about.

My message to any Wednesday fans is to ignore what your arsehole media pundits tell you.    Watch for yourself and try to appreciate what you're seeing for yourself.    If you're capable of appreciating football without all the big financial figures to help you out.

Quite incredible, given his potential options. Just goes to show how the youth development is seen at Hearts.

This season could be really special. Got the depth to handle bumps.

3 hours ago, magicTs said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans :rofl:

Almost a generation of them not even seen them in the top flight! Delusional.

Let's be honest, the only thing that Hillsborough is remembered for these days is Liverpool.

Sorry I've not read every single post on this thread so this may have been covered, has anyone got 1st hand experience of seeing this guy play, what can we expect from him? Will he potentially move on for big money in 18 months time?

Edited by brux

Wednesday fans are spewing :D He must be decent then! 

The bile on that forum about how pish the scottish league is reeks of bitterness. We know our footballs bang average, despite all that money they're bang average too and haven't realised it yet. When the bubble finally bursts its going to be glorious. 

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I would doubt many of these Wednesday fans or the Luton fans who lost their shit about Lee have watched much Scottish Football.      Much more likely is that their opinions about Scottish Football and Hearts are largely based on a pre-conceived attitude spoon fed to them by the media.      People like Mark Lawrenson (another who never watches Scottish matches) turns up his nose at Scottish Football and every ignorant viewer assumes he knows what he's talking about.

My message to any Wednesday fans is to ignore what your arsehole media pundits tell you.    Watch for yourself and try to appreciate what you're seeing for yourself.    If you're capable of appreciating football without all the big financial figures to help you out.

Lawrenson doesn't understand English football let alone our game.

24 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

I hope he becomes a major player and not just an accessory.

I see what you did there!

Wrong spelling though! 

1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

This is some squad we have now. Both in 4-4-2 formation but options all over the place for different set-ups.

First Team

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Dunne

Garrucio

Clare

Lee

Haring

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Other First Team

Doyle

Godinho

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon

Morrison

Cochrane

Bozanic

Macdonald

Wighton

Maclean

Vanecek to come in January. Hughes and Amankwaa as further backup and Burns and Edwards out on loan.

And Djoum!

Салатные палочки
37 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

20180916_174309.thumb.jpg.80ec45c95f14b76610180ec8595ac1a0.jpg

20180916_174126.jpg.665e2858a3a7cded6786beccbe9756b9.jpg

They don't do irony do they? 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Should have signed him on Wednesday just to troll the ****ers

Nah I’d have gone Thursday. That way he could be in Sheffield Wednesday, Edinburgh/Hearts Thursday. 

Bridge of Djoum
16 minutes ago, brux said:

Sorry I've not read every single post on this thread so this may have been covered, has anyone got 1st hand experience of seeing this guy play, what can we expect from him? Will he potentially move on for big money in 18 months time?

No

Awesomness

Yes.

1 hour ago, New York Fleapit said:

Just a few of my favorites…

It's good to be humble but, in this case, you crow as much as you like!

3 hours ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Possible starting 11 on Sat but the squad depth is unbelievable HHGH

BF6EDE9C-9731-46CF-92C8-202782450883.jpeg

I do not believe Clare will start, but he will come on at some point.  May need time to get up to full fitness.   Also, need to be watchful playing wing-backs that are not so good at djefending when going with a back 3.

What a squad CL has amassed with a blend of experience and talented youth.  Not been so excited since Hearts played Boro under Burley back in 2005.