Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

I actually really like Bozanic, tidy player. Just think with the ammount of depth we have his game time will be limited and the manager might think its a shout to get him out playing.

I'm actually quite sure Levein has something up his sleeve with Bozanic, just a feeling ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

20 minutes ago, tynewater said:

The criticism of the Wednesday fans for their reaction to this is a bit harsh. It's not like a rated player in the English Championship moves to Scotland very often, never mind to a team outside the OF. It's hardly surprising that they find it hard to understand. Looking at this thread, plenty of Hearts fans are also surprised it's happened. No idea how well he'll do at Hearts, but it's an ambitious move by the club, and shows real intent to make a serious challenge at the top end of the table. With the new stand, new pitch and excellent training facilities, the club is a very attractive proposition for players these days. Exciting times ahead.

It’s not harsh at all when they are ripping the absolute piss out of our club and league though. Especially when they’ve been shite for years.

Edited by Bez

rudi must stay
42 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Another step in the right direction. Recruitment has been turned around and all credit to Craig Levein 

We have a good lead and nobody will fancy playing us. Could be interesting times ahead 

Down to him and the scouts. We are spotting good characters and talented footballers too

1 hour ago, Bez said:

You’ve just won the Scottish Cup for the first time in living memory. How do you react?

a- Cheer, sing and applaud as your favourites lift the cup in front of you and then head to the boozer to get smashed and celebrate for days on end.

b- Run on to the pitch, raging, and start paggering with the orcs. Cause so much bother that the team can’t come out and raise the cup.

?

This, their support was an absolute disgrace that day.

I doubt this signing or Wighton would have been possible without moving Lafferty on.

Great business.

Reminds me of when Kevin Keegan sold Andy Cole to Make Utd.  There was an outcry.  But he used the money to improve the team and change the style.

3 minutes ago, Bez said:

Mots not harsh at all when they are ripping the absolute piss out of our club and league though. Especially when they’ve been shite for years.

...and I can guarantee 99% of them do not watch Scottish football.

But they are not the only ones in England who have this lazy, ill informed view on us and Scottish football in general.

Well done to the guy who first told us this could be happening.

I was sceptical because the last time I heard about Clare there were a few clubs down south interested in him, and I didn't think we could compete wages wise.

Roll on Saturday. ?

Couldn't care less what Sheffield Wednesday fans think of Hearts. The fact that they are upset that Clare is leaving is the key thing. Let's hope he is over the injuries  or that Uche can pass on some tips to build himself up a bit!!!!

gordon simpson
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Take the sky money out of English football and you're left with a product no better than the SPL but played in front of soulless stadiums with day tripper supporters and tourists.

English football have played a blinder in convincing their public that they see a product each week that is on a par with La Liga when the truth is that it is nowhere near that standard.  The reality is that the riches on offer has only really benefitted a few clubs in terms of winning trophies.  The bottom 10 of the EPL and top half of the championship is the same standard as what I watch each week in the SPL.  

That must hurt like hell for the English media and fans.  As for Sheffield Wednesday, when you look at the comparative histories/honors with Hearts, Sean Clare has made a huge step up by joining us.

well said  

4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Incredible omission. Should be in the first team.

I'm a big Djoum fan so don't know how I missed him :jj_facepalm:

I think that both look decent first teams. Quality throughout the squad.

18 minutes ago, Phage said:

We should offer a grudge match 'friendly' to settle the fee. Double or quits... how cool would that be

Pre-season next year. Sheffield Wednesday and Luton?

Probably not, we'll be wanted by much bigger/better teams.

:smugger:

1 hour ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Let's go to Sheffield for the weekend - it's nice there. Said no-one ever.

They make spoons ffs. 

Should be twinned with Leith then....................

edit............reading back it appears I was beaten to this comparison.

Edited by Busby8

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

I actually really like Bozanic, tidy player. Just think with the ammount of depth we have his game time will be limited and the manager might think its a shout to get him out playing.

He was outstanding in reserve Derby last week. Reserve league should help h8m stay match  fit. Think he will be needed so hopefully he doesn’t go out on loan 

Genuinely never heard of this guy until we were linked to him a couple of months back.

Hopefully he is good for us as for English fans and their feeling of superiority over Scottish teams who cares? Imagine Falkirk or Dundee United with £100 million from sky tv.

8 minutes ago, Supersonic94 said:

What is that on the side of his face?

The mark of the devil. At least that's what the opposition will think when he's making their defenders shit themselves.

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, Supersonic94 said:

He has some kind of birthmark which is huge

Should tweet him and ask, he's probably not too self conscious about it :lol:

14 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Should tweet him and ask, he's probably not too self conscious about it :lol:

Maybe he hasn’t even noticed it? Supersonic might be doing him a favour, and he’ll get it checked out. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Phage said:

We should offer a grudge match 'friendly' to settle the fee. Double or quits... how cool would that be

Really would be interesting to see how SPL clubs fair against championship and league 1 teams in a proper competitive game. British cup!

jamboinglasgow

Just watched this extended highlights of Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa from earlier in the year. It includes Clare's only goal for Sheffield Wednesday. He seems to be used in this game deeper in midfield. Does love a strike from the edge of the box.

1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

I doubt this signing or Wighton would have been possible without moving Lafferty on.

Great business.

Reminds me of when Kevin Keegan sold Andy Cole to Make Utd.  There was an outcry.  But he used the money to improve the team and change the style.

Not sure the last couple of sentences are the right example to use as Man U went onto win leagues!  :lol:    

I know now what yer getting at though. :) 

1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

I'm a big Djoum fan so don't know how I missed him :jj_facepalm:

I think that both look decent first teams. Quality throughout the squad.

Don't worry bud, we've signed so many players and still have a few waiting to come back into the side, that it is difficult to keep up.

I made a suggestion for a starting 11 on another thread that I thought looked formidable, then realised I'd missed out Naismith!  At least Djoum hasn't been playing recently, so you can be forgiven to some extent for forgetting about him, but Naismith is our top scorer ffs!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Aye, half the fans up here actually believe the hype!! The ignorance is failing to recognise that beyond the top few teams in the Championship the standard is drivel.

I disagree. It's a very different league. It's definitely overpaid but not drivel. Decent Scottish players struggle but success in the SPFL. 

They are different 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I disagree. It's a very different league. It's definitely overpaid but not drivel. Decent Scottish players struggle but success in the SPFL. 

They are different 

I still disagree.

I have genuinely only enjoyed about 10% of the Championship games I’ve been to down here and often felt I’ve been watching the equivalent of Partick v Motherwell at times.

The best non EPL game I went to was Fulham v Swindon in the FA cup where Swindon made a pretty good game of it.

Decent English players have come up to Scotland and struggled as well mind.

7 hours ago, HoGwash said:

This is some squad we have now. Both in 4-4-2 formation but options all over the place for different set-ups.

First Team

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Dunne

Garrucio

Clare

Lee

Haring

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Other First Team

Doyle

Godinho

Berra

Dikamona

Brandon

Morrison

Cochrane

Bozanic

Macdonald

Wighton

Maclean

Vanecek to come in January. Hughes and Amankwaa as further backup and Burns and Edwards out on loan.

I know others have mentioned the omission of Djoum, but you also omitted Jake Mulraney, who has been utilised very well as a squad player so far, particularly defensively working to nullify pacey wingers. He’d be your LWB in your ‘other’ first team I’d say.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They are different 

Similar standard on far more money.

Say What Again
12 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Some minor tweaks in January and who knows how far we can go ? 

With DV arriving in January I’ve no idea what we’d possibly need to tweak. 

In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind

9427DFF6-06C3-4067-ACAF-2D757432FC67.jpeg

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Who was the EPL team after him?

Spurs have had a few mentions but to play in their under 23 team. No idea if true as I hadn't heard of him until today having ignored the rumour thread.

4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Who was the EPL team after him?

Crystal Palace??!!

Cardiff

Chelsea

Clare Sean

Crystal Palace 

Everton

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Wolves were one, another article has said Everton, Southampton, Fuulham.

Do they have an under 23 League there? Is that not what McGhee left us to do?  No way was Clare going to be getting a game in any PL teams first teams, doesn’t seem to have done anything yet and turns 22 in a few days.  But I’d hardly heard of any of our summer signings so hopefully CL has pulled another gem out the bag.

All roads lead to Gorgie
14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Wolves were one, another article has said Everton, Southampton, Fuulham.

Good news because if he does really well for us we could have a bidding war for his signature. 

2 hours ago, Phage said:

I was wishing we had arranged a friendly with Luton as part of the Olly Lee deal.

The arrogance of their support was incredible.  A tanking at Tynecastle would have changed their minds about Scottish football.

Because the vast majority of our other signings seem to be excellent, and the fact that there's normally always one dud in a window, and also the hype surrounding him, I'm beginning to have this horrible, nagging doubt that this has a touch of the Oshaniwa's about it. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Because the vast majority of our other signings seem to be excellent, and the fact that there's normally always one dud in a window, and also the hype surrounding him, I'm beginning to have this horrible, nagging doubt that this has a touch of the Oshaniwa's about it. 

Not bothered about that, I just hope he lives up to all the fuss.

1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

I'm hoping Ryan Edwards turns out to be the dud, obviously there wasn't much hype about his signing though.  Unlike Oshaniwa or Martin, who we signed on long term deals, at least Clare has experience of British football so shouldn't find the move to Hearts as much of a culture shock.

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Used to quite like Sheff Wed until Paolo di Canio signed for them, which is probably the same time they were of any relevance as a club.

They’ve been garbage for years, despite their potential. Been shit since Mcalliog.

7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'm hoping Ryan Edwards turns out to be the dud, obviously there wasn't much hype about his signing though.  Unlike Oshaniwa or Martin, who we signed on long term deals, at least Clare has experience of British football so shouldn't find the move to Hearts as much of a culture shock.

Yet another good signing - welcome

Sean!

And Sheffield Wednesday? :rofl:A team that’s won a single trophy in the last 80 years, have played as many games in Europe in their history as we played in a 12 month period and whose star player is Barry ****ing Banjostrings! :rofl: