Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

More likely Steven Gerrard going to Rangers does that.

You should give credit to Dave King. 

Give credit to Dave King???

There's a large number of investors, banks and a whole government who would call that madness!

Personally, I wouldn't credit the Lying King for ANYTHING other than, I hope, the demise of the tribute act.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

NaturalOrder74

Just went on that diddy teams board for two mins there what a way to annoy myself. Absolute bitter bunch of fans. 

Gets to move on to Gorgie to play Euro football and compete for silverware or go to some other championship side to finish mid table 

All roads lead to Gorgie

"Great catch for a small club like Hearts though, probably the best player they have ever signed - exciting times for their fans. Helps them try to close the huge gulf between them and Rangers to catch them up in terms of quality."

Sheffield fans are a bit dim are they not !

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Liking the mix of punts, proven experience, youngsters and long term prospects. Competition for every position. Lots of options for different formations. Near faultless team building in action.

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

"Great catch for a small club like Hearts though, probably the best player they have ever signed - exciting times for their fans. Helps them try to close the huge gulf between them and Rangers to catch them up in terms of quality."

Having lived in England it’s not surprising they’re pretty much totally ignorant of scottish football. The coverage is virtually non existant.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Its harsh to drop anyone from the first team atm, but you have to imagine he’s coming to be a starter. The ammount of competition for places now in what was our weakest area of the park is astonishing. Dont play well and you could be straight on the bench.

Wonder if we’ll see Bozanic go out on a short term loan to one of the other teams in the pack like Burns & Edwards have?

Bozanic played well yesterday when he came on.

With regard to Sheffield Wednesday fans slagging our league I was at Birmingham v West Brom on Friday night and the standard was ordinary and that was watching a team recently relegated. I think the difference between players being paid £2k a week and £20k a week is pretty marginal tbh in many cases. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Having lived in England it’s not surprising they’re pretty much totally ignorant of scottish football. The coverage is virtually non existant.

I am still a bit gutted that Aberdeen failed to put Burnley out of Europe for that reason and I don't normally back the sheep. Missed chance as Burnley seem to be struggling this season and it would have been good to see how they would react to a Scottish team winning. The only time in my life when I was OK with the old Rangers winning was when they beat Leeds many years ago!

Tynecastlesmychurch

Jeezo I never realised what an ignorant, entitled, snobby, stuck up bunch of arseholes apparently most english football fans really are. ******* Sheffield Wednesday!  A team I hadn't heard of until I was around 18 maybe 19 years old. They must have been playing some (actual relevant) big team in the fa or league cup when I finally discovered the footballing titans that are... the owls... 

Honestly I have no feelings negative or positive towards Sheffield Wednesday. And none of us will deny that the championship is of a higher standard than our premier league. But the sheer levels of arrogance from fans of clubs in the English football league is truly stunning. Constantly going on about how one day you could be in the premier league. Yeah one day maybe but until then maybe keep the jokes about other clubs being small and unknown to yourself. Because considering some of your own pundits for example talksports Jason Cundy has always maintained that not only could TV companys and global audience's not care about the lower league teams. Hes actually said on numerous occasions that people dont care about any of the teams outside of the big 6 and the likes of Leicester, Everton and Southampton. So maybe after your done completely disregarding not just our club that we love but every club in Scotland maybe get a bit of perspective on your own clubs place in the world.

I have absolutely nothing against people thinking its a bad move for the boy. I really couldnt care. If hes as talented as people are saying then hell do fine. Why did he move to us? I honestly dont know. Maybe he was close to agreeing something elsewhere and it fell through? What I do know is we have a lot to offer the lad and im sure that must appeal to him. He wouldnt have signed if he wasn't keen. 

Anyway once again I have absolutely nothing against Sheffield Wednesday or any English club. 

20 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Uh huh. We’ve had a Champions League winner and a European Championship winner, and more international players than I can count (from a wide variety of countries). But no, I’m sure this 21-year-old from the English 2nd tier is the best player we’ve ever had on our books!

23 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

:cornette:   :laugh:

Yes, they are indeed.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The English view of the Scottish game is equally ignorant of the Scottish view of the English Championship 

You're right, I couldn't name one Wednesday player now. Top teams are where I am!

The Wednesday  fans are only reacting in the same way we did when we lost Jamie Walker, Jason Holt and others,  of course they can't believe that they left for what they perceive as inferior teams.

Maybe the question they should be asking of their own club is why should someone who is generally regarded as a top prospect was not willing to sign a contract with them regardless where he ended up.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

You're right, I couldn't name one Wednesday player now. Top teams are where I am!

Got a few Scottish ones in there as well  :)

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Got a few Scottish ones in there as well  :)

Bannon, Fletcher ?

Delighted that he’s been given a 3 year deal when it was reported that it would be a short term contract.  

We’re definitely going to challenge for the title.  Oh and vanecek coming in January too...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Bannon, Fletcher ?

You know more than you let on. Wednesday are a big enough club. But like many similar size English clubs on the road to nowhere despite decent following 

Tynecastle Valhalla

I watched shef wed away to Fulham last season where they won 1-0. They took a big away support and played very well. Fletcher got the goal which was a cracking move and finish. Fulham don’t get beaten at home often so was a good result. Barry bannan  was motm. 

Have lost respect for them after these comments - naive !

I get the feeling this guy will be a star for us and earn us millions 

Sepp's Bladder
4 hours ago, Busby8 said:

A lot of bitterness on the Wednesday fans forum.

Up to 9 pages over 19 hours now.

Got to wonder if there would have been as many posts if it was a player they really weren't too bothered about ?

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/276126-sean-clare-signing-for/

Edinburgh Owl could maybe do with some back up if anyone feels like jumping in :-).

(I'll' hud the jaikits)

One of their fans rips into us about having scottish internationals like naismith and berra! Their star player is barry f##king bannon??? 

Its amazing to see how arrogant english lower league teams are.

They live off the success of the epl despite having no chance of even getting near it, believing that because they are based in the same country, having their begging bowls filled by the big clubs success they are also successful and relevant.

The scottish league may not match the epl and the scottish cup may not be the CL... however, winning one of them with hearts will mean far more to clare than celebrating a 15th place finish with wed

33 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

... ******* Sheffield Wednesday!  ...

... Honestly I have no feelings negative or positive towards Sheffield Wednesday...

Right you are. ;)

Take the sky money out of English football and you're left with a product no better than the SPL but played in front of soulless stadiums with day tripper supporters and tourists.

English football have played a blinder in convincing their public that they see a product each week that is on a par with La Liga when the truth is that it is nowhere near that standard.  The reality is that the riches on offer has only really benefitted a few clubs in terms of winning trophies.  The bottom 10 of the EPL and top half of the championship is the same standard as what I watch each week in the SPL.  

That must hurt like hell for the English media and fans.  As for Sheffield Wednesday, when you look at the comparative histories/honors with Hearts, Sean Clare has made a huge step up by joining us.

5 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I’d drop Morrison. Not because he’s played badly, he’s just still young and will have even more time to develop

He's also a very decent impact sub. Gave us legs v St Mirren

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Sepp's Bladder said:

Their star player is barry f##king bannon??? 

Him and Mulgrew are the two players that, when I see they are starting, I go "oh FFS". 

Sepp's Bladder
38 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Jeezo I never realised what an ignorant, entitled, snobby, stuck up bunch of arseholes apparently most english football fans really are. ******* Sheffield Wednesday!  A team I hadn't heard of until I was around 18 maybe 19 years old. They must have been playing some (actual relevant) big team in the fa or league cup when I finally discovered the footballing titans that are... the owls... 

Honestly I have no feelings negative or positive towards Sheffield Wednesday. And none of us will deny that the championship is of a higher standard than our premier league. But the sheer levels of arrogance from fans of clubs in the English football league is truly stunning. Constantly going on about how one day you could be in the premier league. Yeah one day maybe but until then maybe keep the jokes about other clubs being small and unknown to yourself. Because considering some of your own pundits for example talksports Jason Cundy has always maintained that not only could TV companys and global audience's not care about the lower league teams. Hes actually said on numerous occasions that people dont care about any of the teams outside of the big 6 and the likes of Leicester, Everton and Southampton. So maybe after your done completely disregarding not just our club that we love but every club in Scotland maybe get a bit of perspective on your own clubs place in the world.

I have absolutely nothing against people thinking its a bad move for the boy. I really couldnt care. If hes as talented as people are saying then hell do fine. Why did he move to us? I honestly dont know. Maybe he was close to agreeing something elsewhere and it fell through? What I do know is we have a lot to offer the lad and im sure that must appeal to him. He wouldnt have signed if he wasn't keen. 

Anyway once again I have absolutely nothing against Sheffield Wednesday or any English club. 

Top post mate.

36 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Uh huh. We’ve had a Champions League winner and a European Championship winner, and more international players than I can count (from a wide variety of countries). But no, I’m sure this 21-year-old from the English 2nd tier is the best player we’ve ever had on our books!

And, if they are right - **** me we have some ****ing player on our hands!

Sepp's Bladder
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Him and Mulgrew are the two players that, when I see they are starting, I go "oh FFS". 

100% mate.

Amazingly, in the past steven fletcher would also be on that list... wonder where that clown plays?! ??

rudi must stay

A player with his head switched on, judging by his interview and confidence in his ability. Exciting and the number 9 shirt is very interesting too.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, rudi must stay said:

A player with his head switched on, judging by his interview and confidence in his ability. Exciting and the number 9 shirt is very interesting too.

Number 9 interesting! Thought that was being held for vanecek 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Class:

Screenshot_20180916-174550_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20180916-174627_Google.jpg

You’ve just won the Scottish Cup for the first time in living memory. How do you react?

a- Cheer, sing and applaud as your favourites lift the cup in front of you and then head to the boozer to get smashed and celebrate for days on end.

b- Run on to the pitch, raging, and start paggering with the orcs. Cause so much bother that the team can’t come out and raise the cup.

?

Edited by Bez

Christ, the way their fans talk, you’d think Sheffield Wednesday were European powerhouses and not a constant mid table second division team that hasn’t won a trophy since 1991.

Stewie Griffin
3 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Let's go to Sheffield for the weekend - it's nice there. Said no-one ever.

They make spoons ffs

Which could help explain the dislike some of them have for us , what with the Leith spoon burners probably being amongst their best customers. 

I tell you what, this boy looks like a serious athlete. That initial burst of pace and gliding with the ball is going to be very easy on the eye. Welcome to Hearts.

Dr Ian Malcolm
5 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Its harsh to drop anyone from the first team atm, but you have to imagine he’s coming to be a starter. The ammount of competition for places now in what was our weakest area of the park is astonishing. Dont play well and you could be straight on the bench.

Wonder if we’ll see Bozanic go out on a short term loan to one of the other teams in the pack like Burns & Edwards have?

Cant see it. He's a decent, experienced option when required. Strength in depth won't last long if we loan out anyone who doesn't start regularly.

Absolute Scenes
27 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He's also a very decent impact sub. Gave us legs v St Mirren

We literally have so many options it’s unreal ?

Another step in the right direction. Recruitment has been turned around and all credit to Craig Levein 

We have a good lead and nobody will fancy playing us. Could be interesting times ahead 

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

On top of that Sheffield is a complete shit hole. 

Lad looks a great prospect but I think he's in for a surprise when it comes to the fizzicality. 

Exciting times. 

Yep, at least a lot of them admitted the Scottish capital is a far nicer place to live.  If I could be arsed, I'd register and post something like "OK guys, I guess we'll meet each other on the European stage then."

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

The English view of the Scottish game is equally ignorant of the Scottish view of the English Championship 

Aye, half the fans up here actually believe the hype!! The ignorance is failing to recognise that beyond the top few teams in the Championship the standard is drivel.

42 minutes ago, Bez said:

You’ve just won the Scottish Cup for the first time in living memory. How do you react?

a- Cheer, sing and applaud as your favourites lift the cup in front of you and then head to the boozer to get smashed and celebrate for days on end.

b- Run on to the pitch, raging, and start paggering with the orcs. Cause so much bother that the team can’t come out and raise the cup.

?

Yes, the sad fact for some of them is that they have witnessed Hearts lifting the cup at Hampden while still never having seen their own team do it.

The criticism of the Wednesday fans for their reaction to this is a bit harsh. It's not like a rated player in the English Championship moves to Scotland very often, never mind to a team outside the OF. It's hardly surprising that they find it hard to understand. Looking at this thread, plenty of Hearts fans are also surprised it's happened. No idea how well he'll do at Hearts, but it's an ambitious move by the club, and shows real intent to make a serious challenge at the top end of the table. With the new stand, new pitch and excellent training facilities, the club is a very attractive proposition for players these days. Exciting times ahead.

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Bozanic played well yesterday when he came on.

I actually really like Bozanic, tidy player. Just think with the ammount of depth we have his game time will be limited and the manager might think its a shout to get him out playing.

16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Yes, the sad fact for some of them is that they have witnessed Hearts lifting the cup at Hampden while still never having seen their own team do it.

Oddball freaks.