Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Aye but we are only allowed 8 subs hopefully nobody gets miffed if they're not quoted in match day squad anyway onwards and upwards 

7 subs ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

A lot of bitterness on the Wednesday fans forum.

Up to 9 pages over 19 hours now.

Got to wonder if there would have been as many posts if it was a player they really weren't too bothered about ?

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/276126-sean-clare-signing-for/

Edinburgh Owl could maybe do with some back up if anyone feels like jumping in :-).

(I'll' hud the jaikits)

16 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I’m genuinely gobsmacked at where we appear to be going.

And that’s is coming from somebody that has constantly backed the current board and management.

God knows how those who were sceptical are feeling -  no dig intended.

I’m absolutely with you on this. Backed Levein and knew he would get us back on track but I’m stunned at the level of investment in the team. This is a build like no other and with the backdrop of the new stand it’s incredible stuff. We really are going for it. My ambitions were 3rd and at least a couple of jaunts to Hampden for this season I think it’s safe to say thankfully the board seem more ambitious than me. 

Phil D. Corners

Welcome Sean. 

I like Sheffield, but considering it’s the 5th biggest city in the UK and can’t produce a premier league team their fans can bolt when belittling Hearts. 

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Its harsh to drop anyone from the first team atm, but you have to imagine he’s coming to be a starter. The ammount of competition for places now in what was our weakest area of the park is astonishing. Dont play well and you could be straight on the bench.

Wonder if we’ll see Bozanic go out on a short term loan to one of the other teams in the pack like Burns & Edwards have?

dont think Bozanic would go on loan as I think he is great back up and think he fills in for Lee. He can control possession in midfield and link. Saw a A-League journalist surprised (and disappointed) that he is only on the bench for us.

The depth we have in this squad is crazy and will make a big difference for us this season.

Scnorthedinburgh
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's got nothing to do with Aberdeen.

What's Mitchell's excuse? 

Christ be a bit open minded. Mitchell was here before, so no idea.

But look around the league, it's less no hopes and more promising players.

If you can't accept Aberdeen showed the league in a good light your a bit blinkered.

This could be a major signing right here. 

All you need to do is have a look at Sheffield Wednesday's fans forum and they're seriously pissed that he's signed for us. They didn't want him to go. 

Sitting proud 5 points clear at the top. This very promising signing announced today. Competition for places in the starting xi meaning high standards have to be met. We have some of the best youngsters in the country. 

The arrival of Vanecek in January. 

Mr Levein. Make it happen. 

One thing that does surprise me is, I Thought Vanecek was a certainty for the number 9 jersey. 

Scnorthedinburgh
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

dont think Bozanic would go on loan as I think he is great back up and think he fills in for Lee. He can control possession in midfield and link. Saw a A-League journalist surprised (and disappointed) that he is only on the bench for us.

The depth we have in this squad is crazy and will make a big difference for us this season.

Agree it's early and we now have cover when suspensions kick in.

Credit to Craig Levein for recognising that this Hearts team (which is unbeaten this season, has a perfect record in the league, and is five points clear at the top of the table) just isn't good enough, and needed reinforcement. 

:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

A lot of bitterness on the Wednesday fans forum.

Up to 9 pages over 19 hours now.

Got to wonder if there would have been as many posts if it was a player they really weren't too bothered about ?

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/276126-sean-clare-signing-for/

Edinburgh Owl could maybe do with some back up if anyone feels like jumping in :-).

(I'll' hud the jaikits)

We’d fecking pump Sheffield Wednesday dry. English football is so overrated it’s unreal. 

Our facilities compared to theirs and their ancient ruin of a Stadium. :rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I believe I really do. I want to stop myself, but I am falling hopelessly in love with the notion something very special is happening.

10 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Christ be a bit open minded. Mitchell was here before, so no idea.

But look around the league, it's less no hopes and more promising players.

If you can't accept Aberdeen showed the league in a good light your a bit blinkered.

More likely Steven Gerrard going to Rangers does that.

You should give credit to Dave King. 

Scnorthedinburgh
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Do they not have TV's in England? They're only yardstick is to play against a Scottish team, and deem Scotland worthy of a look? Rather than watching SKY or BT Sport regularly? 

Infrastructure at different clubs, support, better wages, more chances of playing in 1st team up here, than lower league teams. All more valid reasons. Uche didn't make his choice, on the back of being blown away by Aberdeen's resilience.

Aberdeen did well, there's no dispute. To say it's responsible for an influx of English players on that basis is stupid. Imo. 

We won't agree on this matter. So rather than take a positive thread off topic, I'll leave it there.

Fair enough.

I work in England and trust me that tie opened a lot of eyes to how good the spfl is.

No one I work with watches Scottish football, and that includes th OF matches.

1 minute ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans seem to have a rather inflated view of their status in the world.

Exactly mate! 

Hilarious. Struggling to be a top half team in the championship nevermind the EPL.

30 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Would be lying if I said I knew much about this guy but the chat around him is encouraging. I have a feeling it won't be long until he knows what it means  to play for the Hearts. I'm sure Mitchell will fill him in on it. Welcome son. 

He already gets it - read his interview.

According to Wikipedia he's 6'3". With Uche and Vanacek being about the same size we'll be a terrifying team to play against if they all play together.

I wonder what the odds on a Hearts treble are.

Absolutely superb news! Welcome aboard the ****ing rampaging train that is HMFC!

When I saw he'd signed I thought yasss, when I saw the shree year deal part though... :clumshot:

Are we really doing this?!

On 11/07/2018 at 15:38, El Diez said:

At the Oriam today.

May be something, may be nothing.

As you were.

Well there you go..............turned out to be something rather BIG........6'3". If I could give you some mana it would be done.

Welcome to Hearts Sean HHGH  

18 minutes ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Possible starting 11 on Sat but the squad depth is unbelievable HHGH

BF6EDE9C-9731-46CF-92C8-202782450883.jpeg

Bit harsh on Smith there Goldie. Thought he was excellent yesterday. Happy with the rest of your team though!! HHGH!

Sheffield and Newcastle both world leaders in sporting failure. you would have to be about 70 to remember any of their teams win anything

2 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Bit harsh on Smith there Goldie. Thought he was excellent yesterday. Happy with the rest of your team though!! HHGH!

22 minutes ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Smith for Djoum then

AllyjamboDerbyshire

A three year deal, none of us saw that coming. Welcome to the Hearts, Sean, must feel great to sign for a club 5 points clear at the top of the league :HeartsManspotrun:

21 minutes ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

And cochrane, mcdonald, Brandon, godinho, bozanic, berra, wighton, smith, garuccio, mclean, dikamona, Vanecek) jan) morrison.. 

WHAT A SQUAD 

FTH

Adam_the_legend
On 11/07/2018 at 15:47, Deviskan said:

Aye, we're likely going to outbid Aston Villa, Leeds, Southampton...Celtic and Rangers also credited with interest.

If those two are interested, he would no doubt have been up here anyway seeing them...and has done us the courtesy to hear what what we're all about.

But as I said...absolutely no chance.

Oh, this is awkward...

:scenes:

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Brilliant signing. . Best squad I have seen here for a long time.  The Levein haters must be spewing.

Conspicuous by their absence.

AB was also heavily criticised for advertising for a manager/head coach, conducting interviews and then deciding she already had the best man in the building.  Still early days but it doesn't look like a bad call to me.

She also vowed to revamp our scouting system last season.  Was that a good call?

It's time some on here started to take a deeper and longer term view of what is going on.  Things do look rosy at the moment but that does not mean plain sailing ahead (although I hope so) but if we do meet some stormy weather, a little understanding is required not unfounded criticism.

goldiebackwash1985
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Smith for Djoum then

Agree it is a fantastic headache to have and Smith has been great this season so

491DF206-A47A-491B-BA51-FDD11FED6CDB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

I’m genuinely gobsmacked at where we appear to be going.

And that’s is coming from somebody that has constantly backed the current board and management.

God knows how those who were sceptical are feeling -  no dig intended.

You can’t help yourself can you? 

There must have been an unbelievable amount of work has gone into this behind the scenes, fantastic achievement considering some of the clubs to have been linked.

This season is making my nutsack tingle !! :scenes: