***World Cup 2018 - Croatia v England***

Cade

3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Bold statement. They’re a young squad and they may well win something...however, you’re completely ignoring the fact that, amongst others, Mbappe is 19, Pavard is 22, Pogba and Varane are only 25 and Umtiti is 24. That’s just the French. 

It’s like nobody else has good youngsters.

I don't think we'll win. Just think that's when we'll be back. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Hearts007

• Alex Kintner

• ri Alban

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Well done England on a fantastic tournament. I  called it from day 1. England would go far.

The biggest loser has been Shaun Lawson. His predictions have been awful despite him trying to use long replies to win an argument. The boy knows hee haw about football.

Here's his prediction wheel

Screenshot_20180704-082020.png

Now come on...this is serious!

As fellow Jambos we should be contacting the Uruguayan Samaritans as a matter of urgency...!

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:sob:

I'm relieved they're out, but it's a bit embarassing how personally some folk take it.

For those looking to pillory our own country what's Englands excuse with a popution 12 times the size of Croatia

Croatia have not qualified for every euros or World Cup but have a squad of good players and a couple of excellent players but because of their size  will never consistently reach this level.

There are many countries with a similar population to Scotland who did not qualify and hard though it is to say sometimes lady luck has a part to play in bringing a group together

Edited by CJGJ

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Keane is loving this. Have no doubt about that.

Looking quite smug:laugh:

Brighton Jambo

Yeah disappointed who doesn’t lose a World Cup semi and not be disappointed.  

If you said to me before the tournament England would lose a semi final in extra time I wouldn’t have belived it possible.    So much better than I could have hoped.  Yes we didn’t beat anyone major but what a ride.

a young team who try their hearts out, no big egos, a likeable manager we even won a penalty shoot out!  

For or the first time in as long as I remember I am excited for the future and proud in equal measure.  

No regets, we gave our all but better team won on the night.  

1 minute ago, LesJambes said:

I'm relieved they're out, but it's a bit embarassing how personally some folk take it.

Aye.

Elmore would say that too :) 

4 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

Is there any other nation that cares this much about another nations games? Or is that a uniquely Scottish thing?

no we are not unique..if shoe was on other foot they'd be the same :lol:

Edited by Hearts007

N Lincs Jambo
36 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Ian Wright will be in tears.

Only sad thing is its ITV so we wont get to see Linekers coupon.

Highlights on BBC1 in a bit m8 so I think you will. Wonder if his body language will be able to cope ????

Just now, ri Alban said:

I don't think we'll win. Just think that's when we'll be back. 

My apologies, I thought you were meaning England. Upon reading again I think you mean Scotland? 

In which case, you’re bang on. Nothing for us to fear anywhere! :)

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just seen the goal after stv player went down.

Great finish. Like Lovren Mandzukic not given enough credit by the English pundits. 

yep mandzukic must be poor never having played in england he has only played for bayern, atletico and juve

Is there any other nation that cares this much about another nations games? Or is that a uniquely Scottish thing?

World wide 

6 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

It’s a world wide thing.

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

no we are not..if shoe was on other foot they'd be the same :lol:

I've got English people in my family, and they don't really care much tbh. Which makes it all the more embarassing that we get so worked up over it. I mean you have to admit it goes beyond banter or rivalry. If England has any major rivals it's Argentina or Germany, but other than wanting them eliminated for the sake of competition I don't see many England fans cheering on everyone who plays them. Just an observation.

Just now, LesJambes said:

I've got English people in my family, and they don't really care much tbh. Which makes it all the more embarassing that we get so worked up over it. I mean you have to admit it goes beyond banter or rivalry. If England has any major rivals it's Argentina or Germany, but other than wanting them eliminated for the sake of competition I don't see many England fans cheering on everyone who plays them. Just an observation.

England wish they were in the same bracket as these teams

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lukaku hatrick Saturday now for Golden Boot. 

Forgot all all about that game 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

World wide 

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s a world wide thing.

Who do the French cheer against?

Just now, Cade said:

England wish they were in the same bracket as these teams

And sorry but we wish we were in the same bracket as England right now.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

"I'm 23 years old... I'm 23 stone..... I thought this was going to be my year".

:cornette:

Well if he's 23 stone he won't have many more years.

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

For those looking to pillory our own country what's Englands excuse with a popution 12 times the size of Croatia

Croatia have not qualified for every euros or World Cup but have a squad of good players and a couple of excellent players but because of their size  will never consistently reach this level.

There are many countries with a similar population to Scotland who did not qualify and hard though it is to say sometimes lady luck has a part to play in bringing a group together

?Since independence in 1993 they have a better record than England....

22 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Once the dust settles though...given the way the draw opened up anything less than making this semi-final would have been a real failure...in fact losing to a lower ranked side in this match tonight is failure. Never again will England have an easier run in a World Cup...

Spot on

2 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

Germany couldn't give a shit about England.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Well if he's 23 stone he won't have many more years.

you never know he could be 10ft tall

All roads lead to Gorgie

England ;)

Twins was a great movie.

2 things......Is the Monday public holiday still on ?...and if they are worried about the reception they will receive fly them back to Glasgow or Edinburgh and they will receive a rapturous round of applause.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Germany couldn't give a shit about England.

They don't cry themselves to sleep whenever England win a match, no.

2 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

95 minute Equaliser from England put us out. 

Just now, LesJambes said:

They don't cry themselves to sleep whenever England win a match, no.

Who does?

Jambof3tornado

Still envious of England because of one thing....southgate. forward thinking and not Alex Mcleish!!

Great interview there. Given the players he has at the ages they are they could grow into a really good team.

All this gloating about England's defeat is such a waste of energy, we should really be asking how a country like Croatia can be so much better than us, we have a larger population, yet they have two players who play for Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively, we have a team of non-stars, and nobodys, we have a manager who has achieved absolutely nowt in his managerial career, even Hibs got shot of him, we are going nowhere fast with no hope of even qualifying for a world cup. 

Edited by Bauldrick
word misssing

Bindy Badgy

Germany would be my guess. There will be a fair few people that can remember the Wehrmacht kicking their doors in.

They'll probably have a good laugh at England as well.

Edited by Stokesy

6 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

Salty, salty...SO SALTY TEARS

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

England ;)

Yeah France and England have a good rivalry. And places like Australia and New Zealand etc, but in those cases it seems to be more of a good natured banter, for the most part.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Twins was a great movie.

I know the reference, but don't understand what the reference was in reference to..

thehibsareintheirbeds

Neville..doesnt change the fact we were the better team first half ?

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

If this is even remotely true then you need to report to Riccarton first thing tomorrow morning...

Trip him up. Kick it away. 

Repeat, maybe 3/4 times till booked, I reckon that would be 5 minutes. ?