***World Cup 2018 - Croatia v England***

Cade

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Still envious of England because of one thing....southgate. forward thinking and not Alex Mcleish!!

Great interview there. Given the players he has at the ages they are they could grow into a really good team.

He’s a superb manager.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Hearts007

• Alex Kintner

• ri Alban

1 minute ago, Bauldrick said:

All this gloating about England's defeat is such a waste of energy, we should really be asking how a country like Croatia can be so much better than us, we have a larger population, yet they have two players who play for Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively, we have a team of non-stars, and nobodys, we have a manager who has achieved absolutely in his managerial career, even Hibs got shot of him, we are going nowhere fast with no hope of even qualifying for a world cup. 

That is not a bad post at all :clap: 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bauldrick said:

All this gloating about England's defeat is such a waste of energy, we should really be asking how a country like Croatia can be so much better than us, we have a larger population, yet they have two players who play for Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively, we have a team of non-stars, and nobodys, we have a manager who has achieved absolutely nowt in his managerial career, even Hibs got shot of him, we are going nowhere fast with no hope of even qualifying for a world cup. 

We can do both. 

Pish our pants at England and ask why our FA are a shambles. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Neville..doesnt change the fact we were the better team first half ?

He’s a nob.

1 minute ago, LesJambes said:

Yeah France and England have a good rivalry. And places like Australia and New Zealand etc, but in those cases it seems to be more of a good natured banter, for the most part.

I know the reference, but don't understand what the reference was in reference to..

:greggy: Sure.

1 minute ago, Stokesy said:

Germany would be my guess. There will be a fair few people that can remember the Wehrmacht kicking their doors in.

They'll probably have a good laugh at England as well.

Hating another nation becasue of historical battles is, wait, nvm.

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Salty, salty...SO SALTY TEARS

Lol no, I enjoyed the game, but I'm glad England didn't win the tournament.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Yeah France and England have a good rivalry. And places like Australia and New Zealand etc, but in those cases it seems to be more of a good natured banter, for the most part.

And in Scotland it is not good natured banter ? We surely have plenty English friends and work mates where the banter goes both ways. 

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:greggy: Sure.

No genuinely I don't get it, why are you having a dig at me? I thought you were okay. Anyway enjoy your win guys, well played. Sincerely.

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

has your stream just kicked back in?

Im on a pipeline in Norway so hardly get 2 seconds to ourselves

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

And in Scotland it is not good natured banter ? We surely have plenty English friends and work mates where the banter goes both ways. 

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it does seem sometimes like it goes beyond good sporting rivalry and into hatred. Almost like the sectarian crap you get in the OF. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so. I'm not talking about this forum btw, but on Scotland forums I've been on in the past.

Bindy Badgy
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

My only regret about tonight is that I didn't go back to my parent's house so that I can properly slag off my dad. Doing it over the phone just isn't the same.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Go on Roy.

Just now, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Roy Keane :lol:

GIRFUY “wrighty”

Everyone says no-one remembers losing semi finalists.

Only reason we do is 3rd place play off. 

JamboGraham
12 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

I've got English people in my family, and they don't really care much tbh. Which makes it all the more embarassing that we get so worked up over it. I mean you have to admit it goes beyond banter or rivalry. If England has any major rivals it's Argentina or Germany, but other than wanting them eliminated for the sake of competition I don't see many England fans cheering on everyone who plays them. Just an observation.

Did you miss the reaction in England when Germany went out of this World Cup...

No genuinely I don't get it, why are you having a dig at me? I thought you were okay. Anyway enjoy your win guys, well played. Sincerely.

Our win?

Sincerely?

:cornette:

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Match of the day on soon

gun mouth.gif

Can't wait to see the jug-eared crisp salesman xenophobe's face. 

Just now, JamboGraham said:

:yas:  :spoton: 

Bindy Badgy
Just now, LesJambes said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it does seem sometimes like it goes beyond good sporting rivalry and into hatred. Almost like the sectarian crap you get in the OF. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so. I'm not talking about this forum btw, but on Scotland forums I've been on in the past.

It obviously does on occasion. However, this is the same in all countries, including England. There was a shit load of vandalism after England's win over Sweden and there will be some more tonight. The saving grace is that it's a week day and many people will have work tomorrow.

Obviously, this doesn't make it acceptable when it happens up here but we need to have some perspective. We should try to keep our own idiots in line but we shouldn't look down on those that like having a laugh at our neighbours.

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

They're going home, they're going, England going home...

126BF7E1-B497-4AC1-A348-C7941BFFBDA5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

They're going home, they're going, England going home...

yep set themselves up for mighty fall

4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I think the large number of Scots backing England is really positive. 

But a healthy number are also delighted. For me that's part of being Scottish. Just how it  is. Deep inside. 

Just now, JamboGraham said:

Never saw that. What did you think of that, good natured rivalry, or bad sportsmanship?

Never saw that. What did you think of that, good natured rivalry, or bad sportsmanship?

73A5AFE4-7EA7-4119-AA63-9F720AA23348.gif

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

Is there any other nation that cares this much about another nations games? Or is that a uniquely Scottish thing?

Only Scottish. 

No other nations have history or rivalry. 

Same at club level. 

Such a patronising question, and for that you deserve this. 

FB_IMG_1531344314233.jpg

2 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

It obviously does on occasion. However, this is the same in all countries, including England. There was a shit load of vandalism after England's win over Sweden and there will be some more tonight. The saving grace is that it's a week day and many people will have work tomorrow.

Obviously, this doesn't make it acceptable when it happens up here but we need to have some perspective. We should try to keep our own idiots in line but we shouldn't look down on those that like having a laugh at our neighbours.

Yeah football hooliganism is a big problem down there, I don't condone that at all. I don't know, I was always just led to believe the Scottish hatred of England was something special, something uniquely passionate about us. TBF I've never been to Argentina to see a game against Brazil, or to see Germany v Holland etc, maybe it's a similar feeling there. Anyway gg, whoever people were supporting.

7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Match of the day on soon

gun mouth.gif

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

What a shite day to be a Tory.

:greggy:

Quite 

May will be gutted, she would have called a GE if they had won the thing as the nation pulled together. 

Us plebs will need another distraction now. 

Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Only Scottish. 

Same at club level. 

FB_IMG_1531344314233.jpg

The fact they’re being denied as well...makes them extra special salty ones.

LesJambes...your team got PUMPED!

57 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Yep. He’s always shouting at someone. Would shit himself if someone retaliated and there wasn’t a ref to protect him. 

Definitely. Can only hope he takes one last shot to square up to Fellaini in the 3rd place play off

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Only Scottish. 

Same at club level. 

FB_IMG_1531344314233.jpg

Absolutely :spoton: Tosh.  Well played man

17 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We can do both. 

Pish our pants at England and ask why our FA are a shambles. 

Exactly