***World Cup 2018 - Croatia v England***

Cade

1 minute ago, LesJambes said:

Pumped 2-1? Come on, I wasn't really caring that much about this game, but you have to admit both sides had their moments

YOU...GOT...PUMPED 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Hearts007

• Alex Kintner

• ri Alban

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

Pumped 2-1? Come on, I wasn't really caring that much about this game, but you have to admit both sides had their moments. Although of course Croatia deserved that and more.

Well tbf we have to watch Old Firm bias TV as well as English bias tv! :(

Yeah I used to hate the English, despite having English family and getting a lot of crap for being an 'English *******'. So I do get where people are coming from. I don't want to hear about England winning a World Cup any more than the next guy here. I've maybe hit a nerve so I apologise, and leave you all to enjoy the result. Now we can relax and enjoy the final. :)

I've never hated the English. 

Hating a race of people is beyond me. 

Still want them pumped tho. 

They just can't help it

ITV news reporter telling us the real issue for England fans is that Croatia were not that good.....what does that make England then ?

3 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

Pumped 2-1? Come on, I wasn't really caring that much about this game, but you have to admit both sides had their moments. Although of course Croatia deserved that and more.

Well tbf we have to watch Old Firm bias TV as well as English bias tv! :(

Yeah I used to hate the English, despite having English family and getting a lot of crap for being an 'English *******'. So I do get where people are coming from. I don't want to hear about England winning a World Cup any more than the next guy here. I've maybe hit a nerve so I apologise, and leave you all to enjoy the result. Now we can relax and enjoy the final. :)

Yeah, cool.

Maroon Sailor

Where's Shaunie boy ?

Is that him til the Euros ?

Would have been all over this board if the result was the other way round

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

They didnae?

Did they?

Oh yes. 

The Mens final clashes with the WC final. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, By the light said:

I want to watch the World Cup. I don’t want the 15 mins of half time analysis of Uruguay v France made up of 10 mins of Gareth Southgate or Delli Alli interviews.

The pundits and commentators don’t even have to be Scottish, just neutral.

I don’t watch much English football on tv at the best of times. 

Fair enough. I’m a traditionalist which means I tend to make a cup of tea at half time - no time usually for pundits of any country. 

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

Oh yes. 

The Mens final clashes with the WC final. 

Oh FFS!

JamboGraham
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This has been done to death. When Wales were in the Euros the studio was packed out with Welsh and it would be the same if Scotland made it. 

Of course...and given that England were the only UK team to qualify then it makes sense and entirely appropriate to have English dominated presentation, commentary and analysis. You were suggesting that we were choosing to watch this coverage when in reality it was the only coverage offered for viewers in the UK. Not an argument just a statement.

13 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I'm a sound lad Dannie, so I'll help you out.

LIST OF PEOPLE IN ABSOLUTE TEARS TONIGHT:

Piers Morgan

Ian Wright

Clive Tyldesley

Rangers fans

That wee weirdo MSP Thomson that always looks like he's trying to squeeze out a silent fart

Fat bald 50 year old bald men from Barnsley who have a swastika tattoo on their neck next to one of the Queen, and a pitbull named "Brexit"

Now Dannie, I'm no one of they Columbos, but what I've gone and done is deduced that not many folk on that list are big into campaigning for the Greens. Do you see now, or would you like a flow chart?

So I take no Labour or Lib Dem’s or another party voters or people who can’t be arsed voting wont be unhappy  and in tears England lost only Tories in your sad mind. Your can ram your flow chart as for being sound only in your sad little mind.

Edited by Dannie Boy
Won’t Unhappy.

Croatia deserve all the plaudits. A goal down and looking second best at half time but they came back and battered England. Was a well deserved result. 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Oh FFS!

The heid Strawberry scranners at SW19 knew better though :rofl:

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Where's Shaunie boy ?

Is that him til the Euros ?

Would have been all over this board if the result was the other way round

He’ll be on tomorrow to tell you he’s not upset in the slightest and reaching the semi was an incredible achievement. We all know the truth though.

:pleasing:

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

The heid Strawberry scranners at SW19 knew better though :rofl:

:greggy::pleasing:

lauriesrank

In other news, since I am miles behind having paused everything for twenty minutes, I just watched an autopsy on the.... itv news, apparently england going out was the most important news of today!  In other other news, there were 127k winners of a lottery (thunderball I think.)

Anyway, this is the first time I have watched match of the day if it isn't scottish in about 15 years.

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

So I take no Labour or Lib Dem’s or another party voters or people who can’t be arsed voting will be happy England lost only Torres in your sad mind. Your can ram your flow chart as for being sound only in your sad little mind.

Torres won't give a shite either. He's got his big money move to the J League.

Lineker will be sitting in a darkened room with 100 bags of walkers

Edited by Hearts007

Just now, Frank1874 said:

He’ll be on tomorrow to tell you he’s not upset in the slightest and reaching the semi was an incredible achievement. We all know the truth though.

His phone doesn’t have a camera mind, or his other devices... :lol: 

1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

I’m telling you now...he’s a broken man!

Broken to Hibs 5-1 levels...

Glorious!

chester copperpot
45 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Still envious of England because of one thing....southgate. forward thinking and not Alex Mcleish!!

Great interview there. Given the players he has at the ages they are they could grow into a really good team.

This

Just now, Hearts007 said:

Shaun will be sitting in darkened room with 100 bags of walkers

Ftfy!

I'm no expert on the old Hit Parade these days but I believe Three Lions will be No.1 this week.

Oh the irony ???

Edited by Notts1874

Just now, LesJambes said:

A man his age should be grateful for the occasional semi.

:sad: 

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Torres won't give a shite either. He's got his big money move to the J League.

Well spotted. ??

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

I’m telling you now...he’s a broken man!

Broken to Hibs 5-1 levels...

Glorious!

:yas: 

AuldReekie444
1 minute ago, lauriesrank said:

In other news, since I am miles behind having paused everything for twenty minutes, I just watched an autopsy on the.... itv news, apparently england going out was the most important news of today!  In other other news, there were 127k winners of a lottery (thunderball I think.)

Anyway, this is the first time I have watched match of the day if it isn't scottish in about 15 years.

Your country thanks you for your pointless vigil.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

I'm no expert on the old Hit Parade these days but I believe Three Lions will be No.1 this week

Not if American Idiot beats it

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm no expert on the old Hit Parade these days but I believe Three Lions will be No.1 this week

Travesty - should be American Idiot

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This has been done to death. When Wales were in the Euros the studio was packed out with Welsh and it would be the same if Scotland made it. 

You’re missing the point. When Wales or Scotland or N Ireland play and you watch the game in England, you get an English broadcast, albeit with some of their ex players in the studio but still  English commentary team, anchor man, etc. But when you watch an England game in Scotland you don’t get the impartiality of a Scottish broadcast.

And probably the worst, when we’re watching non England matches but at half time the experts can’t discuss the actual game we’re watching for 15 minutes, we have to spend more time finding out what England are doing in their hotel. Our own broadcast, like they have in England would solve this.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Ive missed this. I take it's Trump related?

Told you I wasn't an expert.

15 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Extremely HIGHlights on now

BBC showing the game nearly in full 12.20am 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Why has American Idiot been re-released?

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:greggy::pleasing:

Has Tim Henman made the final yet :laugh:

...a bit disco
7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm no expert on the old Hit Parade these days but I believe Three Lions will be No.1 this week.

Oh the irony ???

Tight Fit would be a better shout, mind you.

13 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I've never hated the English. 

Hating a race of people is beyond me. 

Still want them pumped tho. 

Exactly where I'm at, I love seeing England get beat just like I love seeing Hibs, Rangers and Celtic getting beat, I especially love seeing the likes of Ian Wright, Clive Tilsley and Gary Linacre greetin but that's as far as it goes, I've lived in England for 15 years and pretty much loved every minute of it.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why has American Idiot been re-released?

Charts now include downloads and streaming services and have done for a while.

You don't need to re-release a song for it to get to #1.

First major example of this was when X-Factor was kept off the xmas #1 in 2009 by a Rage Against The Machine song from 1991 that was simply downloaded in huge numbers.

:greggy: 

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

BBC showing the game nearly in full 12.20am 

Haha. Bet they dont announce viewing figures for it!

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Haha. Bet they dont announce viewing figures for it!

5 million 

All north of Berwick :laugh:

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Exactly where I'm at, I love seeing England get beat just like I love seeing Hibs, Rangers and Celtic getting beat, I especially love seeing the likes of Ian Wright, Clive Tilsley and Gary Linacre greetin but that's as far as it goes, I've lived in England for 15 years and pretty much loved every minute of it.

Having lived in England 5 years myself I think that definitely makes it more enjoyable when they get pumped. Not sure what was more pleasing tonight - the result or Ian Wright’s face after it, or Roy Keane tearing strips off him.

Anyway, 3 goals from open play, England are a poor side that got lucky with the draw. They’ll probably have a better team in 4 years time but they’ll have much less chance of winning it.

21 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Is Aldi still closing at 3 on Sunday?

Opening later in Scotland and getting extra lemons delivered so people can sook on them to keep the smiles off their faces !

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Charts now include downloads and streaming services and have done for a while.

You don't need to re-release a song for it to get to #1.

First major example of this was when X-Factor was kept off the xmas #1 in 2009 by a Rage Against The Machine song from 1991 that was simply downloaded in huge numbers.

:greggy: 

Yes but Killing in the Name was a countrywide effort to stop the X Factor getting Christmas no1 iirc. What’s the significance of American Idiot, must be Trump related?

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes but Killing in the Name was a countrywide effort to stop the X Factor getting Christmas no1 iirc. What’s the significance of American Idiot, must be Trump related?

Spot on.

The orange twat is making his first official state visit this week so there's a campaign to get that song to top the charts.