"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

2 minutes ago, Maroon 1874 said:

Here it is again just in case anyone missed Swanny's post

£4 indeed ... oh ma effin sides

The problem is they'll need to tell St Mirren how much they got and their chairman will tell us all what it was!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

The problem is they'll need to tell St Mirren how much they got and their chairman will tell us all what it was!

True dat. 

Somebody on Twitter is saying Villa have only offered 100k more than Celtic. Seemingly Petrie is doing it to noise up Liewell. I Sincerly hope this is true. 

1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Milinkovic came on for Hull and looked utterly ****ing pap, and yet absolutely and objectively had a better season last year than McGinn.

Looking at it objectively, McGinn was a key player for a team who finished miles ahead of us last season. Milinkovic wasn't even guaranteed a start for us.

fabienleclerq
26 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

H1b5 getting £4,000,000 for a talentless thug while we're struggling to pay for the new stand is not a happy situation from our point of view.   Colin Cameron, Paul Hartley or Banjo Boy. Which would you pay that much money for?

"A talentless thug". Ridiculous statement.

Clerry Jambo
18 minutes ago, Herbert said:

No chance he's going to Villa for 4M, they will sell for a undisclosed fee and a loanee for the season. 

Apparently Barker back on loan or permanent

19 minutes ago, Maroon 1874 said:

Here it is again just in case anyone missed Swanny's post

£4 indeed ... oh ma effin sides

They might get more than that if Celtic come back in. I hope he goes to Villa myself. 

SpruceBringsteen
8 minutes ago, Darren said:

Looking at it objectively, McGinn was a key player for a team who finished miles ahead of us last season. Milinkovic wasn't even guaranteed a start for us.

Cool m8, I look at stuff like goals/assists rather than bookings/fouls as being objectively good but I'm sure the world will keep on turning either way. Take care!

Hungry hippo

As far as I can see the £4m figure just came from the report in the papers which said Villa were "interested in the £4m rated player".

6 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Celtic bid incoming in 3.....2.......1......

P.s it's nowhere near 4m btw!

They using Allan as bait?

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

As far as I can see the £4m figure just came from the report in the papers which said Villa were "interested in the £4m rated player".

Rated at 4m by Neil Lennon....That's the only person I've heard from Hibs quote that number.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

4m.

I got told the fee is £3.2m and he will be earning £40k a week (no idea if is true or not, I just sort of nodded my head in the direction of the person telling me).

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I got told the fee is £3.2m and he will be earning £40k a week (no idea if is true or not, I just sort of nodded my head in the direction of the person telling me).

3.2m maybe sounds right plus incentives. A sell one fee is much more valuable at Villa than Celtic imo. Grealish is costing Spurs 35m. 

1 hour ago, By the light said:

Where’s this 4m price come from?

The BBC site quoted The  Sun ?

Journalist close to Villa tweeted 2:1 mill , prob much closer to the truth as this supposed 2 mill

bid ftom Celtic has never been backed up with concrete evidence. 

47 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Cool m8, I look at stuff like goals/assists rather than bookings/fouls as being objectively good but I'm sure the world will keep on turning either way. Take care!

I watch football games rather than relying on raw stats. McGinn is a better player than Milinkovic.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Rents said:

Somebody on Twitter is saying Villa have only offered 100k more than Celtic. Seemingly Petrie is doing it to noise up Liewell. I Sincerly hope this is true. 

Given how much reliance theyve had on their parent club the lats fee years that woulnt seem to be a clever or likely play imo

LarrysRightFoot

Look let’s not beat about the bush he is a good player who we should have went for when he was leaving St Mirren - same goes for Mallan IMO.

Personally I think McGeough is a better player but he only got a move to Sunderland (on a free transfer).

IMO even though they have signed Mallan their midfield will be a lot weaker with most JM and DM.

Also I hope McGinn does well down south (if that’s where he ends up).

Ministry MK2
1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

Why is it Brenda thinks it’s okay to openly discuss wanting McGinn during his press conference? Is there not some rule against talking about contracted players or does it not count when it’s your B Side? 

Don’t think there is any rule against this. In terms of Rodgers, 100% he will have been asked a question about it and is just responding. Seriously doubt he would just start talking about McGinn for the sake of it. 

1 minute ago, Ministry MK2 said:

Don’t think there is any rule against this. In terms of Rodgers, 100% he will have been asked a question about it and is just responding. Seriously doubt he would just start talking about McGinn for the sake of it. 

I think it's just complete arrogance. He thinks if he says he wants him, McGinn will come running because they're Celtic regardless of who else is interested. However if McGinn is in Birmingham then perhaps it's not to work this time.

Celtic don’t have to match or even get near Villas bid.....all they need to do is ensure McGinn makes Hibs aware he’s going to join Celtic be it now or January or next season.

Hibs will need to accept whatever Celtic offer if they don’t want to lose out on the readies.

LarrysRightFoot
10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I think it's just complete arrogance. He thinks if he says he wants him, McGinn will come running because they're Celtic regardless of who else is interested. However if McGinn is in Birmingham then perhaps it's not to work this time.

Has Lennon’s own agent never mind Brenda not talked up McGinn going to Celtic?!

Also McGinn is a Celtic fan so most probably would like to sign for them.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Has Lennon’s own agent never mind Brenda not talked up McGinn going to Celtic?!

Also McGinn is a Celtic fan so most probably won’t do like to sign for them.

I think his family are Celtic fans. I'm not that bothered where he goes I just hate the way the old firm think they can take what they want. Although my sympathy for Hibs in this case is zero given all the special favours they've had from Celtic....I'd imagine that's over should mcginn go south.

I am down in the Midlands just now as work down here a few days week.

Local news are reporting it as a £2.1m fee. Also suggesting he is having his medical and prefers a move to England than Celtic.

3 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

Local news are reporting it as a £2.1m fee. Also suggesting he is having his medical and prefers a move to England than Celtic.

If true...

Lol. 

9 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

With a 1/3 going to St Mirren, a few quid off to UEFA and a new barn to build at the farm.....ah well thanks for the memories fat arse!

Hope he goes to Villa, will never improve significantly at Celtic. Might be quite possibly the ugliest laddie I've ever saw play for the hobo's but for the national team to improve we need more Scottish players playing at a decent level. Hopefully, if he goes he'll go on to be a mainstay in the villa team when they do eventually get promoted. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Hope he goes to Villa, will never improve significantly at Celtic. Might be quite possibly the ugliest laddie I've ever saw play for the hobo's but for the national team to improve we need more Scottish players playing at a decent level. Hopefully, if he goes he'll go on to be a mainstay in the villa team when they do eventually get promoted. 

He's certainly up there with Paul Kane and Willie Miller....They've had a few who fell out the ugly tree and hit all the branches on the way down....

15 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

Please make it so

Same outlet now saying he’s having his medical tonight. £2.1million not quite the £4 million they would have you believe.

8C4133AB-45EA-48D1-BB5C-DF64D672D16F.png

Also the vermin may not want to sell to a rival (in their mind). If so then a reluctant good on them. That’s if they accept the Villa bid and it’s the same amount as the erse cheeks.

mind you after all their parent club did for them in the championship years I’d be surprised. Be cutting off their nose to spite their face as no doubt they still want Scott Allan.

21 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

If true...

Lol. 

If true will no doubt be made out to be a different fee in Scotland than it is down here. But Birmingham Mail reporting it in their villa section and a Villa season ticket holder in my work asked me about him as heard the rumours before it was out there. Story is villa have offered him more than Celtic - so ahead of them as a result. 

Villa due a few million as a result of the guy who went from Boro to Wolves and their sell on fee - looks like using that money regardless of what happens to Grealish 

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Apparently Barker back on loan or permanent

As as he’s signed for Preston North End tonight that won’t be happening 

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

If true will no doubt be made out to be a different fee in Scotland than it is down here. But Birmingham Mail reporting it in their villa section and a Villa season ticket holder in my work asked me about him as heard the rumours before it was out there. Story is villa have offered him more than Celtic - so ahead of them as a result. 

Villa due a few million as a result of the guy who went from Boro to Wolves and their sell on fee - looks like using that money regardless of what happens to Grealish 

They've also just been bought (well they have taken a majority shareholding) by two billionaires so will not be short of a few bob! 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They've also just been bought (well they have taken a majority shareholding) by two billionaires so will not be short of a few bob! 

Thats true, but they need to watch FFP rules in the championship- especially the mess they were in using all their parachute money banking on a return to the EPL within the two seasons. 

38 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

If true thats just wow

By the light
1 hour ago, Darren said:

I watch football games rather than relying on raw stats. McGinn is a better player than Milinkovic.

McGinn all day long.

I’m 36, McGinn and McGeouch are the only 2 players I’d ever have taken at Hearts in my life supporting them.

30 years, only 2 players who I’ve rated higher than we’ve had in our squads at that particular time. 

Clerry Jambo
9 minutes ago, theshed said:

Hahahaha cheers 

7 minutes ago, By the light said:

McGinn all day long.

I’m 36, McGinn and McGeouch are the only 2 players I’d ever have taken at Hearts in my life supporting them.

30 years, only 2 players who I’ve rated higher than we’ve had in our squads at that particular time. 

Be serious now.....

Andy Goram

John Collins

Russell Latapy 

Frank Sauzee

That was without even thinking. 

Hibs have had some decent individuals over the years......the problem for them is they’ve been hugely outweighed by the utter dross.

By the light
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Be serious now.....

Andy Goram

John Collins

Russell Latapy 

Frank Sauzee

That was without even thinking. 

Hibs have had some decent individuals over the years......the problem for them is they’ve been hugely outweighed by the utter dross.

Don’t disagree talent wise and certainly in hindsight but when I was younger I loved Henry Smith so wouldn’t have taken Goram.

Absolutely hated John Collins

Sauzee maybe at a push but at the time I think we had Fulton and Salvatori or Severin in there who I loved.

Latapy meh. Good player but wasn’t fussed for him.

They’ve had other talented players but majority arseholes who I didn’t want or who I wouldn’t take over a Hearts player at the time.

Never Let Them Forget
3 minutes ago, By the light said:

Don’t disagree talent wise and certainly in hindsight but when I was younger I loved Henry Smith so wouldn’t have taken Goram.

Absolutely hated John Collins

Sauzee maybe at a push but at the time I think we had Fulton and Salvatori or Severin in there who I loved.

Latapy meh. Good player but wasn’t fussed for him.

They’ve had other talented players but majority arseholes who I didn’t want or who I wouldn’t take over a Hearts player at the time.

Kevin Thomson 

Steven Whittaker

Guillaume Beuzelin

Steven Fletcher 

Come on be honest.

By the light
1 minute ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Kevin Thomson 

Steven Whittaker

Guillaume Beuzelin

Steven Fletcher 

Come on be honest.

Good players. Still never wished any of them were lining up for us when a derby rolled round.

43 minutes ago, theshed said:

Ya dancer. They were convinced he was coming back after some tweets teasing them. FTH

they are gutted over at sisters.net

64A77E18-B286-441C-A45F-02436B16F05E.gif

Edited by 1971fozzy

Say What Again
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ya dancer. They were convinced he was coming back after some tweets teasing them. FTH

64A77E18-B286-441C-A45F-02436B16F05E.gif

Just wanted that gif to appear on the thread more than once :)

A wee bonus for those scrolling down. 

Edited by Say What Again