"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Over 20 pages for a player who isn't even ours.

Not only that but a player irrelevant to us full stop since not only are we not signing him either but we will be pumping Hibs whether he plays for them or not next we meet.

Pump them even more when he goes, 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Does 10 in a row really matter to Brendan though ? I think if you offered him another chance at a big job in England he'd be off

I really don't know, there's a mind set about both clubs that seems to encourage obsessions that the rest of the world couldn't care less about. 

tynie chris
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Don’t see why you’d be gobsmacked, Celtic are not even in the same ball park as English clubs for wages. If villa get promoted and he is a big player there, he will be looking at 10x the wages Celtic could offer

Calum Paterson signed a new deal 1 year after joining Cardiff, with them promoted is probably already on 30 or 40 grand a week.

Celtic are not in the same stratosphere as premier league clubs for money. You’ve got Bournemouth paying £25m for players down there.

Patterson signed 4 year contract £60000/week

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, tynie chris said:

Patterson signed 4 year contract £60000/week

Does he donate to the FoH?

132goals1958
24 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Does 10 in a row really matter to Brendan though ? I think if you offered him another chance at a big job in England he'd be off

Don’t get the hype about 10 in a row.All it does is demonstrate to the rest of the UK how poor and one sided the game is in Scotland

6 minutes ago, G0rd0nM1lls said:

Enlighten me.

How does The Lurgan Bigot get 10%?

I know he was at Bolton but it's years since Allardyce was there. Such sordid shenanigans can't have survived until now. Or is he maybe related to Brian Clough?

I think it's just a wee joke people are having.

If it is indeed true then it is a massive joke that it's allowed and corruption is the name of the game.

Say What Again
1 hour ago, the jambo poet said:

This thread absolutely reeks.... people saying Hibs will get an extra 2m if Villa get promoted?? But Celtic have matched the deal?? What are they offering? 2m if they win the champions league? 

Pie in the sky..

Yep... so we're to believe they might might get £4.3m if Villa go up.

So how have Celtic 'matched' that?  Pay £2.3m then another £2m if Villa get promoted? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

They paid Brown £25k a week when he first signed. Not that I think he'll go to Celtic but 23k is well within their budget. 

Hard to believe browny was on £25k over 10 years ago

7 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Browny :cornette: 

Edited by hughesie27

1 minute ago, Barack said:

You must know CP then? As that figure isn't even common knowledge amongst the media down here in Wales, or on any Cardiff forum. Or amongst my Cardiff supporting mates.

What is common knowledge, is: Pilkington is on 14k a week. Bamba 8k, Gunnarsson 18k, & Manga, is on 24k a week.

Paterson, is somewhere in the Gunnarsson bracket.

What you're saying, is CP is on £2.8million a year?

Last time Cardiff were in the Premiership, Bellamy "only" earned £1.8million. Along with Odemwingie. Steven "Dundee" Caulker was on £1.5million a year.

So, with respect...unless Cardiff have radically decided to smash their wages structure, despite cost-cutting by Tan...then no, CP's not on 60k a week. It's Cardiff he's playing for. Not Everton.

More likely £60k a month for CP.

21 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

About 3 years ago he was on £29,000, Basic, before win bonuses, etc.

Heartsofgold

S

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

More likely £60k a month for CP.

Still no a bad wage for keeping very fit and playing your hobby....

3 minutes ago, Scotty1957 said:

About 3 years ago he was on £29,000, Basic, before win bonuses, etc.

So in 7/8 years he only got a £4k rise from £25k ? This would be during a period of , conservatively , 3 contract extensions . Doesn't make sense does it 

PhoenixHearts

What's this talk of Lennon getting 10%?

Surely that doesn't mean a 10% kickback for his own personal funds. Surely it means he's be getting 10% of it towards transfers?

If it is the former and it's simply lining his own pocket, I don't see how that is even legal.

52 minutes ago, G0rd0nM1lls said:

Enlighten me.

How does The Lurgan Bigot get 10%?

I know he was at Bolton but it's years since Allardyce was there. Such sordid shenanigans can't have survived until now. Or is he maybe related to Brian Clough?

Not in anyway saying it's true in this case but it's not exactly unusual, McNamara was on a similar contract at Dundee United.

Sometimes clubs can top-up a managers wages this way, it's an incentive to improve players, however it can also been seen as meaning the manager doesn't try to keep the teams best players.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

What's this talk of Lennon getting 10%?

Surely that doesn't mean a 10% kickback for his own personal funds. Surely it means he's be getting 10% of it towards transfers?

If it is the former and it's simply lining his own pocket, I don't see how that is even legal.

Ask Jackie. 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Is the 3m their cut or do they pay St Midden off it?

Can't see them reporting the headline figure as what the parent club would receive over the total the buying club are going to be paying.

We will know exactly what they get once their accounts are out next year.

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Can't see them reporting the headline figure as what the parent club would receive over the total the buying club are going to be paying.

We will know exactly what they get once their accounts are out next year.

Or we get the news from St Mirren on how much they got (33% of fee)

Posters on here attempts to add on extra 10% here and there that Hibs won't get is pathetic and screams some sort of jealousy/inferiority complex.

They get something in the region of 1.3-1.8 million from this depending on what "under 3 million" means.

3 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

They rejected 2m bid from Celtic so reckon it must be between 3-4m.

A bid that Celtic have matched according to Neil Lennon today, bizarrely in a sense its a big jump in the previous  Celtic bids. 

Like Rangers they want Scottish players on the cheap. 

Edited by Mikey1874

47 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I reckon he would've been on 10k max when he first signed. I'd be amazed if he is on anything over 20k now. 

8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Is the 3m their cut or do they pay St Midden off it?

No got a clue what the fee is but hibs would get the full amount then have to pay st Mirren their cut I would think 

can’t see villa having anything to do with st Mirren and that’s down to hibs to deal with that 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A bid that Celtic have matched according to Neil Lennon today, bizarrely in a sense its a big jump in the previous  Celtic bids. 

Like Rangers they want Scottish players on the cheap. 

Happy if he does sign for Villa as that’s a kick in the teeth to Celtic who thought they could sit back and wait on hibs go crawling back to them. 

Celtic and Rangers have done this for years 

Also this might be the end of the Celtic hibs Love in as Celtic won’t be happy

Could be wrong but I don’t think Celtic will be in a hurry to sell Allen to hibs now no matter what hibs bid 

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, Elmore said:

I reckon he would've been on 10k max when he first signed. I'd be amazed if he is on anything over 20k now. 

I think the contract he signed was around £29k per week. 

queensferryjambo
31 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Posters on here attempts to add on extra 10% here and there that Hibs won't get is pathetic and screams some sort of jealousy/inferiority complex.

They get something in the region of 1.3-1.8 million from this depending on what "under 3 million" means.

Correct.

Hibs will be getting decent money for an SPFL player. In the bigger picture of things for Villa or most other English clubs that is hardly a large fee. 

If people want to put things into perspective on transfers in England Martyn Waghorn sold to Derby today for close to £5 million.........

Edited by queensferryjambo

13 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think the contract he signed was around £29k per week. 

If that was when he first signed, wow. That means he must be now be on about 35k a week. Ridiculous money for a player of that ability. 

A_A wehatethehibs
12 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Over 1100 posts about this piece of vermin. Who cares..........

Me 

This is the most interesting Scottish Football transfer around at the moment and I for one have been pleased to see Villa swooping in to mug off Celtic shitebags 

Also pleased to see a young Scottish player looks like going to test himself down south as with Calum Paterson. Irrespective of the club being Hibs, we need these young players playing in the premier league down south to improve the national team, not going to the old firm and remaining unfulfilled potential as with Scott Brown who could have been a much better Scotland player if he had played top level football. 

queensferryjambo
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I thought he went to Derby not Bolton.

Apologies yes you are correct it was Derby. 

30 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Hughesie why the constant pop at other posters ? You seem to be a tad grumpy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I think they will this season.

ABV

anyone but Villa 

15 minutes ago, brux said:

Yet you cared enough to post.

Had a feeling someone would hit me with that sort of reply ?

8 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Hughesie why the constant pop at other posters ? You seem to be a tad grumpy.

I just enjoy calling a spade a spade.

Good riddance. Glad he’s not going to Celtic where his use of his huge posterior would, no doubt earn him even more fouls than he got wi the vermin

If he does goes to Villa instead of to the cestpit in the west then he will have gone up in my estimations as a person and a player. 

2.1 million rising to 2.8 with adds ons ( promotion. , appearances in the first team etc ) is what I've heard the deal is . 

Lennon.     "I don't know if John's had his head turned by Villa... "

:cornette:

They've been trying to advertise him for sale for months.

47 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Me 

This is the most interesting Scottish Football transfer around at the moment and I for one have been pleased to see Villa swooping in to mug off Celtic shitebags 

Also pleased to see a young Scottish player looks like going to test himself down south as with Calum Paterson. Irrespective of the club being Hibs, we need these young players playing in the premier league down south to improve the national team, not going to the old firm and remaining unfulfilled potential as with Scott Brown who could have been a much better Scotland player if he had played top level football. 

Fair enough point if you are a Scotland supporter. I couldn’t care two hoots about Scotland and couldn’t care less about Brown and McGinn improving themselves. I despise the both of them and I am not hypocritical enough to shout obscenities at them on a Saturday then cheer for them on Wednesday when they play for Scotland. (P.s - I’m only making a point about the obscenities, I actually don’t do that much as I go with my kids a majority of the time.)

25 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

If he does goes to Villa instead of to the cestpit in the west then he will have gone up in my estimations as a person and a player. 

Think he is a very good player and , if he signs for Villa , he is showing maturity (yes money helps) in pulling himself away from his ancestral home .

I was convinced he would only sign for Celtic .