• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, Bez said:

Have you watched John McGinn playing football?  You hand on heart see him as being worth anything close to £2m and commanding a starting place at Celtic? ?

I think he stands out more than Stuart Armstrong did before he moved to celtic. May be i notice him more because of who he plays for, but he seems a more dynamic player.

still only a bench player at parkhead though.

Nucky Thompson

He'll come back from Villa saying the move wasn't for him, the English window will close. Celtic will sign him on a pre contract in January and the hobos will implode

Other than the 30% sell on to St Mirren (which would seem unusually high but obviously the makeweight in Hibs signing McGinn cheaply) I assume that the McGinn funds are largely split like any other transfer fee would be?

1. Player gets a chunk - 10%

2. Manager appears to get  10%

3. Previous club gets a sell on - in this case 30%

That's 50% gone already but say in most other transfers it would be around 30%?

Does Levein have that sort of deal with player sales? Didn't McNamara get into bother with that sort of thing as he was essentially flogging all the assets and coining it in. I get the principle - if I improve the player I deserve a portion of his increased value - but it does seem a bit of a conflict of interest.

KyleLafferty

Absolute none of Yous, and I mean no one knows anything except St.Mirren get 33%. This place is absolute bonkers man 

If he doesn't go in this English transfer window, then it's

a. racellic now for the price they are willing to pay

b. substantially less in January with only a few months left on his contract

c. hee haw come the end of May

I'd be pretty ok with hubz keeping him for another season then getting nothing.

They would also run the risk of severely hacking off their big cousins if they don't capitulate and sell him to racellc, and so jeopardising this continual loan arrangement they have with them.

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Other than the 30% sell on to St Mirren (which would seem unusually high but obviously the makeweight in Hibs signing McGinn cheaply) I assume that the McGinn funds are largely split like any other transfer fee would be?

1. Player gets a chunk - 10%

2. Manager appears to get  10%

3. Previous club gets a sell on - in this case 30%

That's 50% gone already but say in most other transfers it would be around 30%?

Does Levein have that sort of deal with player sales? Didn't McNamara get into bother with that sort of thing as he was essentially flogging all the assets and coining it in. I get the principle - if I improve the player I deserve a portion of his increased value - but it does seem a bit of a conflict of interest.

“Manager gets 10%”

Eh?  Have I missed a season of this HBO box set? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think he stands out more than Stuart Armstrong did before he moved to celtic. May be i notice him more because of who he plays for, but he seems a more dynamic player.

still only a bench player at parkhead though.

Stuart Armstrong is unbelievably better than John McGinn. 

This is is a troll comment, surely? :lol:

Clerry Jambo

Hibs are not getting 4m, Tache is a hard man to deal with and does well for them but seems away too much for a guy running down his contract

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs are not getting 4m, Tache is a hard man to deal with and does well for them but seems away too much for a guy running down his contract

Aye, just a bit likes. :rofl:

Ministry of Football

If it happens, it would be an exceptional bit of business by Hibs. 

Despite what many on here would like to believe, McGinn has proved to be an excellent player and is now a Scotland International.

There is no way Hibs are going to be able to replace him with someone of an equivalent standard, so in my opinion this is good news for us. I also think he would do well with Celtic, so going down South is good all round. 

Lennon's luck is due to run out on transfer signings so he will probably squander a lot of the fees they get. 

Wonder if Celtic will swoop in and try and top that ‘reasonable’ price for a hopelessly overrated hammer thrower? I’m going with not a ****ing chance. Anyone want to bet against me? ?

Morgaro Gomis
6 minutes ago, Bez said:

Wonder if Celtic will swoop in and try and top that ‘reasonable’ price for a hopelessly overrated hammer thrower? I’m going with not a ****ing chance. Anyone want to bet against me? ?

Whilst I agree that he is overrated and £4m is paying way over the odds for him, particularly with him only having year left, I can’t help but feel you’re going too far the other side. 

There’s no chance that he’s shite or simply a “hammer thrower” - he’s a good player at Scottish football level, borderline very good and in that regard I’ll be delighted when he leaves Hibs. He’s nowhere near as good as some would have you think and no team should be paying remotely close to £4m for him. 

Should hibs get £4m (or anywhere near that) for him, they’ve done exceptionally well. 

jacklivi1874
1 minute ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Whilst I agree that he is overrated and £4m is paying way over the odds for him, particularly with him only having year left, I can’t help but feel you’re going too far the other side. 

There’s no chance that he’s shite or simply a “hammer thrower” - he’s a good player at Scottish football level, borderline very good and in that regard I’ll be delighted when he leaves Hibs. He’s nowhere near as good as some would have you think and no team should be paying remotely close to £4m for him. 

Should hibs get £4m (or anywhere near that) for him, they’ve done exceptionally well. 

Correct

But some feel he's an  average player and no more than a bench warmer who will be back come Jan Re of the fee that may well be paid for him .I dont, think he could do a job in the Championship no probs

Nookie Bear
25 minutes ago, Bez said:

Stuart Armstrong is unbelievably better than John McGinn. 

This is is a troll comment, surely? :lol:

He is now, but at the time he signed from Dundee Utd I don’t recall him being a future EPL in any sense. 

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I will be gobsmacked if that's the end from Celtic after what I have heard coming from Lennoxtown.

Boys of the old brigade? Up the Ra? Just the usual suff I'd imagine! 

G0rd0nM1lls

Extraordinary thread ?.

Maybe we should start an Andy Goram thread. Or a Pat Stanton one.

Miggs.Net would do well to match this if they ran one on Christian Nade?.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, MacPhee said:

Just wait and see how much it weakens hibs, 

im glad he is going 

That still doesn't make him a good player.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Their best player was McGeouch. 

By some distance. 

After that I'm undecided between Kamberi and McGinn but Kamberi looks a real find.

Either way though losing McGinn and McGeouch in midfield will be a massive blow to them.

correct

Angry Haggis
51 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

If it happens, it would be an exceptional bit of business by Hibs. 

Despite what many on here would like to believe, McGinn has proved to be an excellent player and is now a Scotland International.

There is no way Hibs are going to be able to replace him with someone of an equivalent standard, so in my opinion this is good news for us. I also think he would do well with Celtic, so going down South is good all round. 

Lennon's luck is due to run out on transfer signings so he will probably squander a lot of the fees they get. 

Sensible post. 

SpruceBringsteen

Did anyone watch the Villa/Hull game yesterday btw? Ignoring that Villa had Birkir Bjarnason unable to get a start (and you'd need to be up to your eyeballs in psychotropics to believe McGinn is anywhere close to him), Milinkovic came on for Hull and looked utterly ****ing pap, and yet absolutely and objectively had a better season last year than McGinn. I can only conclude that the new Villa owners are complete screwballs tbh.

By the light
1 hour ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Seems rational.

Ps this thread is brilliant!

Its insane they've got this kind of money for him. He's decent aye, 100% but nothing massively special IMO. Media have probably helped hibs out in hyping **** out of him. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Its insane they've got this kind of money for him. He's decent aye, 100% but nothing massively special IMO. Media have probably helped hibs out in hyping **** out of him. 

Has he gone?

Bazzas right boot

He's OK. 

But, imo he's OK at everything which makes him quite good, however ironically is what will stop him becoming a top player, and even just now limits him. 

He's, quite strong, but not strong enough to use it to his advantage as others are far more physical and athletic. 

He is quite dynamic, but does not score or assist enough to be that type of midfielder. 

He's not slow, but not quick. 

He is quite influential, but even compared to folk he's played with such as Allan and Mcgeogh, not enough. 

He's works hard, but gets booked allot so not great at that either. 

His set pieces are also average. 

Imo, what has made him good, in that being a good all rounder will also stop him becoming a good player at a high level as he has nothing that is really good and stands out. 

Patterson being a good example of being limited in some areas but fantastic in others, the fantastic attributes allow him to kick on, Mcginn is bang average at everything, making him good at this level, but imo harder for him to play at a higher level or a bigger club on a bigger stage. 

Anything north of £2m and Hibs are laughing. 

fabienleclerq

He's a quality player, they're getting unreal money for given his contract situation. I think people are blinded by him playing for Hibs.

This is a good thing for Scottish football, we might be at the point finally where we can get proper money for our players. With teams being on a better financial footing and the inflated market down south this could lead to the value and quality of our game going up.

Ministry MK2
Just now, JackLadd said:

4m.

:cornette:

Great bit of business for Hibs TBF. Getting that much for a player with one year left on his contract. 

Why would Villa pay £4M if you already know the next best bid is £2M and if it’s not concluded in a couple of days hibs can only get £2M..?   

1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

Why would Villa pay £4M if you already know the next best bid is £2M and if it’s not concluded in a couple of days hibs can only get £2M..?   

Superb point 

Villa are just out of financial difficulties you would think they are going to be cautious. 

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

This ffs

1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

This.

if they get anything near £2.5m they are laughing. To think Calum Paterson was in the same boat and a better player (for me) .

£4m and it’s unbelievable business for them.

the vermin will be weaker without him no matter the money which is all good. Pissing their big sisters off into the bargain will be a bonus 

1 minute ago, Rents said:

Superb point 

Villa are just out of financial difficulties you would think they are going to be cautious. 

New owners with clout and they are selling Grealish for big money.

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

New owners with clout and they are selling Grealish for big money.

I’ve got loadsa cash but I don’t go into a shop and ask to pay above the price on the tag just because I can. I normally think I’ll buy something else or have a good night out.

Why is it Brenda thinks it’s okay to openly discuss wanting McGinn during his press conference? Is there not some rule against talking about contracted players or does it not count when it’s your B Side? 

It always amuses me when posters state what HIbs will get and how that will be divvied up because of this, that and the next thing.  It's the sort of thing that we'd rip one of the sisters for when posting on .net about our financial dealings.  No matter whether McGinn is the Messiah or just a naughty boy, this is looking like a good bit of financial business for Hibs.  Irrespective of how any fee is spent, it can only make Hibs better off in some way, shape or form.

Losing McGinn does weaken Hibs imo, so in a playing sense I'll be happy enough to see him gone.  But even if they keep him, we'll still trounce them, because that, quite simply, is the :leveinnaturalorder:

PeterintheRain
17 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

He's a quality player, they're getting unreal money for given his contract situation. I think people are blinded by him playing for Hibs.

This is a good thing for Scottish football, we might be at the point finally where we can get proper money for our players. With teams being on a better financial footing and the inflated market down south this could lead to the value and quality of our game going up.

H1b5 getting £4,000,000 for a talentless thug while we're struggling to pay for the new stand is not a happy situation from our point of view.   Colin Cameron, Paul Hartley or Banjo Boy. Which would you pay that much money for?

jacklivi1874
3 minutes ago, Haken said:

It always amuses me when posters state what HIbs will get and how that will be divvied up because of this, that and the next thing.  It's the sort of thing that we'd rip one of the sisters for when posting on .net about our financial dealings.  No matter whether McGinn is the Messiah or just a naughty boy, this is looking like a good bit of financial business for Hibs.  Irrespective of how any fee is spent, it can only make Hibs better off in some way, shape or form.

Losing McGinn does weaken Hibs imo, so in a playing sense I'll be happy enough to see him gone.  But even if they keep him, we'll still trounce them, because that, quite simply, is the :leveinnaturalorder:

This ^^^

9 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Why is it Brenda thinks it’s okay to openly discuss wanting McGinn during his press conference? Is there not some rule against talking about contracted players or does it not count when it’s your B Side? 

The simple answer is he's Celtic manager...Therefore no rules apply. Can you imagine he'd behaved like this at Liverpool, he'd be ripped a new one by the other teams manager.

Edited by Rudy T

Maroon 1874
8 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Folk honestly believing Hibs will be getting £4M for him? :rofl: 

Here it is again just in case anyone missed Swanny's post

£4 indeed ... oh ma effin sides