"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

Escobar PHM
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Lennon.     "I don't know if John's had his head turned by Villa... "

:cornette:

They've been trying to advertise him for sale for months.

You have to wonder if Lennon has some vested interest in McGinn going to Celtic rather than Villa. 

‘Celtic have matched the offer’ I don’t believe for a minute they’ve matched the offer word for word in every aspect of it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Think he is a very good player and , if he signs for Villa , he is showing maturity (yes money helps) in pulling himself away from his ancestral home .

I was convinced he would only sign for Celtic .

So we're Celtic. I wonder how that Celtic blogger is feeling? I wonder how Lennon is feeling towards Petrie and Dempster as he will have done his utmost to push him along the M8.

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

You have to wonder if Lennon has some vested interest in McGinn going to Celtic rather than Villa. 

‘Celtic have matched the offer’ I don’t believe for a minute they’ve matched the offer word for word in every aspect of it.

He may have been responding to a question re Celtic's interest.    But generally,    I would love it to be true that Lennon is on a development bonus type of contract.      The rats being predated on by that ***** would be rather super.

17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Lennon.     "I don't know if John's had his head turned by Villa... "

:cornette:

They've been trying to advertise him for sale for months.

I took that as a wee dig at Levein, maybe reading too much info it though. On the transfer, glad if he does go South as a slap in the puss for one half of the weegie bigots. 

Just now, XB52 said:

I took that as a wee dig at Levein, maybe reading too much info it though. On the transfer, glad if he does go South as a slap in the puss for one half of the weegie bigots. 

Nah.  It's a half-arsed piece of window dressing that their default position was that they wanted him to stay.     Appeasing any vermin who expected them to forego the cash and keep him.

16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

New signing interview going live on Villas YouTube page at half 7.

lol all the mhanks are on the chat on the page praying its not McGinn

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

See emerson hyndman has gone to hibs.. Dont remeber much him from the championshio annihilation season

Must have been too embarrassed after shafting racellic for McGinn to go back again and ask for Scott Allan

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

See emerson hyndman has gone to hibs.. Dont remeber much him from the championshio annihilation season

He wasnt in that team, he scored at tynie when we gubbed sevvy 4-1

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It should be after 9 as his dish will scare the children. 

Seriously, he is a very good player and I think he will do well down there if he goes to Villa. I hope he does.

Having lost the two best players in their team is bound to have a detrimental effect on the Lochend Cockends. Replacing them will not be easy. I don't see Mallen as being in the same league as those two. 

:fth:

Losing Barker and Allan too won't help either.

Brighton Jambo
3 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Its of passing interest for the following reasons.

1. His sale significantly weakens our biggest rivals IMO. Whether you rate him or not, just about everything they do goes through him

2.The price they achieve for him may be relevant for us sometime in the near future as a benchmark. (Souttar for example)

3. Its interesting to see Celtic possibly miss out on a player they'd normally have snapped up for next to nothing simply by bullying the club into it through a concerted media campaign......I reckon all is not well between Rogers and The Celtic board judging by his most recent interview. Brendan ducking out would be a game changer at the top end of the league IMO.

Great post, exactly what I was thinking.  The ramifications for Celtic, especially if they lose tonight could be huge

3 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Losing Barker and Allan too won't help either.

Allan yes, Barker was a one trick pony

Just now, chester copperpot said:

Celtic have ****ed up here big time.

He's signed for Villa

Not bad though sell Grealish(he will probably go) for £25m and replace him with someone a fraction of the price.

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Celtic have ****ed up here big time.

He's signed for Villa

It's a real shame.

Shock horror it's an undisclosed fee!!

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Not bad though sell Grealish(he will probably go) for £25m and replace him with someone a fraction of the price.

And ability!!

chester copperpot
Just now, vegas-voss said:

As much as I rate McGinn, he cannot lace Grealish's boots at this point. 

I quite like McGinn if I'm honest. Been harping at my mate for info all day as the dick has been positive since January that he was signing for them.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Undisclosed usually means **** all money right?

It Keeps the locals sweet they'll always insist he went for 4 million. 2.8m I'd say 

1m to st midden

500k to Farmer 

1m in the bank 

300k on replacements 

Hmmm as a Villa fan keeping Grealish is more important but im not overly convinced he will do anything for Villa.

Ho hum well banjo arse you better prove me wrong.

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, farin said:

Their loss is our gain. 

Indeed but he would have been there's easily if they hadn't been so confident of sitting back on their initial offer.

I say fair play to Hibs on this one. They could have sat back and taken the boaby dry as usual but they didn't. Watch the loan stream dry up now though haha

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Indeed but he would have been there's easily if they hadn't been so confident of sitting back on their initial offer.

I say fair play to Hibs on this one. They could have sat back and taken the boaby dry as usual but they didn't. Watch the loan stream dry up now though haha

Celtic offered more money albeit slightly but Villa offered more wages per week.

Just now, chester copperpot said:

Dempster would have taken nae boaby ;)

25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Was the first season back up he played in the 4-1 *demolition of them

*demolition used loosely but as its rare we beat them 4-1 im using it for all grumpy moaners

132goals1958
3 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

reported as £2.75 million

That will be including VAT so it will be nearer £2.3 million

4 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

reported as £2.75 million

Couple Hibees I know said 2.1 but add ons upto 2.8 if they get them.

so 2.1 would be what roughly 1.3 to Hibs 750/800 to St Midden but id imagine if its a standard contract 10% will be to McGinn

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Give it a fortnight Hibs fans will be saying Mallan is much better 

You could give them Martin and they would hype him up to be world class, He would be SMM in days. 

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye. They're full of it. I wish he stayed at them as he wasn't as influential as he was and didn't do too much against us, latterly. 

Best all round. Weakens the vermin, pisses the erse cheek off, inevitably will stop the loans and all before their tie on Thursday.

their midfield last season has all but disappeared. 

:leveinnaturalorder: will resume

CloustonHMFC

Sends a big FU to Celtic too. One of my Hibs mates thinks they’ll use the money to sign Allan, they’re in a for shock when Celtic tell them to bolt ?

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I think Mallan is a decent player but McGinn and McGeouch away definitely weakens probably the best midfield they have had in donkeys.

Fxxx the SPFL
9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Must have been dropped on the head as a kid?

When the bow breaks the cradle will fall

Break !! Fall

Only dropped you once well maybe twice

Momma your bad

20 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

sisterfister.leef will be in meltdown..

:whistling:

Screenshot (11).png

'fess up. 

Was it you who distorted that photo to make him look like a boss-eyed banjo twanger? ;)

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I think Mallan is a decent player but McGinn and McGeouch away definitely weakens probably the best midfield they have had in donkeys.

Plus no Allen from the midfield of last season 

Unless Allen goes back that is 

Just now, theshed said:

Plus no Allen from the midfield of last season 

Unless Allen goes back that is 

:laugh:

Not sure if intentional but made me chuckle.