• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cardboardcutout
24 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Respect to the guy, showing a bit of ambition to push himself in a better league.  

Correct! And now we can all wish him well and hope he excels and makes Scotland a better team! Obvs not a better looking team.

chester copperpot
3 minutes ago, farin said:

True, did he go for just the cash or the chance to test himself on a bigger stage in the EPL though.? ??

I've no idea mate. All my info was coming from Celtic. 

Celtic 1-0

9 hours ago, Prof said:

McGinn will not join Villa. He wants to replace Brown at Celtic and will see the season out at ER after signing for Celtic in the New Year.

:cornette_dog:

18 minutes ago, graygo said:

The Celtic view on this is a beauty.

Villa matched their offer and he only went to them as Celtic couldn't guarantee first team football whereas Villa could.

https://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/mcginn-will-sign-for-villa/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+co%2FIRuC+(Celtic+Quick+News)

Satisfying to see that they can tell the unwashed anything and they will probably buy it just like their fellow scum across the city. 

I’m quietly amused here. The will-he-won’t-he saga with Celtic has been dragging on for weeks. Suddenly Villa show up from nowhere and it’s a done deal in a matter of hours. Nae luck, Celtic.

AB and CL take note - this is the way to handle a Glasgow team (though we have form for doing it with Walker).

You have to say that £2m plus is a hell of a fee for a player in the final year of his contract.

Jambof3tornado

Really cant see him improving them. He wont get the fouls he gets up here for turning his arse into a challenge and falling over.

Good money for hibs.

letsalldothebeattie

Good riddance to the ugly barsteward. Genuinely don’t think he will do anything with Villa. Typical overhyped player will be back playing for Hibs or some other Scottish club in a year or two

Can't see Celtic being easy to negotiate with Hibs if they want Scott Allan now McGinn has gone to villa 

Is this the end of the love in? 

skinnybob72

Pleased that Celtic didn't get their way. Also pleased to see a player being able to see beyond the other end of the M8 - hope he does well at Villa where it has absolutely no impact on us.

Equally pleasing is that Hibs midfield from last season has been decimated!

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Undisclosed fee.

4m? 

Not a ****ing chance :pleasing:

:lol:

Find out how much St Mirren get then we can work it out..

4 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Its of passing interest for the following reasons.

1. His sale significantly weakens our biggest rivals IMO. Whether you rate him or not, just about everything they do goes through him

2.The price they achieve for him may be relevant for us sometime in the near future as a benchmark. (Souttar for example)

3. Its interesting to see Celtic possibly miss out on a player they'd normally have snapped up for next to nothing simply by bullying the club into it through a concerted media campaign......I reckon all is not well between Rogers and The Celtic board judging by his most recent interview. Brendan ducking out would be a game changer at the top end of the league IMO.

Excellent post. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

Banjo boy away now

yy.JPG.760a71befa89775c1b353d13f909a0ae.JPG

You can just imagine on the set of Deliverance. John how long were you in make up this morning?

Make up. I've just come straight from my scratcher.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

You can just imagine on the set of Deliverance. John how long were you in make up this morning?

Make up. I've just come straight from my scratcher.

rofl-3g.gif.7fa321c84696ac9891e4172f8c1c4362.gif

Jambof3tornado

I know he didnt come through the ranks at hibs but I'd love us to be doing business to bring in monies like this.

Could Soapy be the next big sale we get?

upgotheheads

I have it on good authority that he didn't sign for Celtic because it was made clear that he was seen as a squad player who couldn't expect many starts.

Enzo Chiefo
45 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Pleased that Celtic didn't get their way. Also pleased to see a player being able to see beyond the other end of the M8 - hope he does well at Villa where it has absolutely no impact on us.

Equally pleasing is that Hibs midfield from last season has been decimated!

Replaced with Mallan, Emerson Hyndman and the Ghanaian winger from Man City and a couple of million in the bank. They will be equally strong this season imo. We've improved too so hopefully we can  match them this year.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

KyleLafferty

People on this thread have totally underestimated John McGinn, everytime we went to the San Giro he drove them forward the whole game, and ever hibs game I’ve seen he is their main man. Would be like us loosing Berra, things would fall apart. They can sign who they like they won’t get anyone as dynamic, aggressive and tough as John Mcginn.

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

So over £3m according to Barry?  Wonder how he knows when it is undisclosed.

Unsure why such a fee would be undisclosed. £3 million+ would be a decent haul. 

I smell shite. Decent player, but very over-rated by many. Suspect mid-table Championship level will be about as good as it gets for him. 

Also seems Killie and Dons have enquired about Allan on loan.....I reckon Lawell will go out his way to send anywhere but Hibs

Edited by Rudy T

jacklivi1874
4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

People on this thread have totally underestimated John McGinn, everytime we went to the San Giro he drove them forward the whole game, and ever hibs game I’ve seen he is their main man. Would be like us loosing Berra, things would fall apart. They can sign who they like they won’t get anyone as dynamic, aggressive and tough as John Mcginn.

Not everyone, though some see him back in Jan and only a bench warmer, you can only scoff at such guff

Good player who's merited his big move 

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I have it on good authority that he didn't sign for Celtic because it was made clear that he was seen as a squad player who couldn't expect many starts.

Will he start every week at villa?

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Also seems Killie and Dons have enquired about Allan on loan.....I reckon Lawell will go out his way to send anywhere but Hibs

I wouldn't be to sure on that.

8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Great post. Fully agree with your sentiments.HHGH.

jacklivi1874
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Will he start every week at villa?

I'm sure he will to start with and will continue if he cuts the mustard of which I'm sure he will

Thing is he's away from Hibs now which is pleasing 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Do you think he'll go back on loan or perm?

Loan. Don't think Hibs could afford the asking price. I still believe Lennon is on good terms with Desmond McDermott.

As is Rodgers. Rodgers has a terse working relationship with Lawell and has been known to go above his head straight to McDermott.

14 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Agreed 

Lost Allan, Mcgouech and McGinn they are poor at the back aswell. 

Be interesting to see how they get on up in Perth on Sunday.

Heartsofgold
20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Replaced with Mallan, Emerson Hyndman and the Ghanaian winger from Man City and a couple of million in the bank. They will be equally strong this season imo. We've improved too so hopefully we can  match them this year.

Mall good players but the need to gel and that takes time. Their former midfielders had been playing together for a few seasons now. 

I hear Lawell and Peatrie aren't the bosom buddies they once were. A bit of back stabbing going on in the corridors of Hampden.

It might not be as easy for Hibs and their big cousins to continue with their sickening brotherly love act.

chester copperpot
31 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

That is nonsense mate. Sorry. He would have featured for them this year.

Celtic wanted him for their 1st team

15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Loan. Don't think Hibs could afford the asking price. I still believe Lennon is on good terms with Desmond McDermott.

As is Rodgers. Rodgers has a terse working relationship with Lawell and has been known to go above his head straight to McDermott.

Interesting. Ach well two of their 3 midfielders away. See what they're like come the end of the window. Time for our boys to step up regardless who plays for that shower. 

31 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I agree with your post here. 

He was absolutely outstanding in the second half of the 2-2 Cup game and he's the main reason they came back into the game. 

6 minutes ago, JyTees said:

I hear Lawell and Peatrie aren't the bosom buddies they once were. A bit of back stabbing going on in the corridors of Hampden.

It might not be as easy for Hibs and their big cousins to continue with their sickening brotherly love act.

Rod didn’t shave his chin and Lawell got a terrible rash on his balls. 

7 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

To replace who ?

If Celtic desperately wanted McGinn he’d have been there weeks ago. If I were you I’d start to question this Lennoxtown source of yours as I recall he/she previously stated Celtic wanted CP....which was bollocks.

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Rod didn’t shave his chin and Lawell got a terrible rash on his balls. 

It was the other way round...Lawell shaved his balls and Rod got a terrible rash on his chin. ?

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

The love in with Celtic surely over now. Very pleasing

Celtic fans will be asking questions

Journalists should be asking questions especially if Celtic get knocked out of Champions League - who signs the players? Etc 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Elmore said:

If that was when he first signed, wow. That means he must be now be on about 35k a week. Ridiculous money for a player of that ability. 

Sorry I don't know why it says first as I was meaning the last one he signed a year or so ago. When he signed from the vermin I expect he'd have been on around £8k or so a week.

7 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

I agree with your post here. 

He was absolutely outstanding in the second half of the 2-2 Cup game and he's the main reason they came back into the game. 

Just cause I can’t stand the team he played for doesn’t mean I’m blind to what a very good footballer he was. I think a 25 page thread shows how relieved we are that he’s away. Personally I hope he does well at AV as I do all the Scottish players who play in England. 

40 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Now hopefully he gets developed properly. 

Somebody at Hibs maybe Stubbs or maybe Scotland tried to get him to be more defensive or a 'more rounded player' or the new 'Scott Brown'. He needs to be developed as an attacking player to play to his strengths. 

Then we might have a good player.

Mr Elwood P
21 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Who would drop out the midfield for him? Rogic, Brown?