"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

10 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

2.25 million fee apparently. St Mirren get 33% and McGinn gets 10%. Big loss for Hibs. 

What about Lennons 10%?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Prof said:

McGinn will not join Villa. He wants to replace Brown at Celtic and will see the season out at ER after signing for Celtic in the New Year.

3 hours ago, By the light said:

He’d be a complete mug not to join Villa if he had the option. 

Will this make a difference?

Escobar PHM
3 hours ago, Prof said:

McGinn will not join Villa. He wants to replace Brown at Celtic and will see the season out at ER after signing for Celtic in the New Year.

Having a medical it would appear. Seems like a done deal unless they discover something wrong with his arse.

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Having a medical it would appear. Seems like a done deal unless they discover something wrong with his arse.

Says personal terms no agreed yet. The medical will be getting done as their time is limited.

18 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Says personal terms no agreed yet. The medical will be getting done as their time is limited.

Stalling for a Celtic bid?

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Celtic have bid the same amount he is choosing Villa

? Just read it on BBC. Fair play to him probably a better career move.

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Stalling for a Celtic bid?

Cant imagine Villa will be happy for him to wait for a Celtic offer. I'd be getting his signature right after the medical or telling him to bolt if he's not committed.

ford donald
52 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He will see this season out with Hibs.

Wether that means Celtic to sign him now but loan him back for season OR pre contract to Celtic in Jan , he WILL imo play this season in a Hibs top. 

Don't see that happening. Will be gone this week.

chester copperpot

Knew Celtic had went back in this morning. I again, will be gobsmacked if he chooses Villa over them as I was assured he would defo sign for them over any other offers.

Unless Villas wages are ridiculous.

55 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He will see this season out with Hibs.

Wether that means Celtic to sign him now but loan him back for season OR pre contract to Celtic in Jan , he WILL imo play this season in a Hibs top. 

No chance

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

which they probably will be due to the rich owners..

Morgaro Gomis
6 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Knew Celtic had went back in this morning. I again, will be gobsmacked if he chooses Villa over them as I was assured he would defo sign for them over any other offers.

No idea if true or not, but I heard from a Celtic fan today that Villa had offered 23k per week and Celtic were willing to match it. 

Harry Potter
55 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Medical means hes almost in the door at villa, shorts could be an issue , :mellow:

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

What about Lennons 10%?

Means Hibs will be getting much less then. Didn’t realise Lennon gets 10%.

13 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's the suspense that wears you down.

Between this, & the Lafferty thread, I'm just an emotional wreck.

:rolleyes:

Well it's all happening. Villa are conducting a medical on McGinns arse, Celtic have offer 23k a week if his arse passes a medical at Villa but they also get the rest of him and Lafferty said his goodbyes before heading to Glasgow to get a flight to China to sign for a team in Azerbaijan....keep up.....

13 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Means Hibs will be getting much less then. Didn’t realise Lennon gets 10%.

:cornette:

27 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

No idea if true or not, but I heard from a Celtic fan today that Villa had offered 23k per week and Celtic were willing to match it. 

I know you’re only saying what you have heard but no danger would Celtic pay 23k a week 

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

33% st middin 10% ginger and some for sir Tom.  Maybe get £500,000 at the end.

0 for Sir Tom.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

0 for Sir Tom.

Pretty sure Farmer is still due his 500k per season repayment for bailing them out

Edited by Busby8

the jambo poet

This thread absolutely reeks.... people saying Hibs will get an extra 2m if Villa get promoted?? But Celtic have matched the deal?? What are they offering? 2m if they win the champions league? 

Pie in the sky..

A_A wehatethehibs
37 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Don’t see why you’d be gobsmacked, Celtic are not even in the same ball park as English clubs for wages. If villa get promoted and he is a big player there, he will be looking at 10x the wages Celtic could offer

Calum Paterson signed a new deal 1 year after joining Cardiff, with them promoted is probably already on 30 or 40 grand a week.

Celtic are not in the same stratosphere as premier league clubs for money. You’ve got Bournemouth paying £25m for players down there.

John Findlay
30 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Medical means hes almost in the door at villa, shorts could be an issue , :mellow:

May have to borrow some from that Akinfenwa chap who was at Wycombe but I believe somewhere else now.

2 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Pretty sure Farmer is still due his 500k per season repayment for bailing them out

And that has nothing to do with this transfer or any other.

You'd be as well saying that the entire first team and background staff will all get their cut too. 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

And that has nothing to do with this transfer or any other.

You'd be as well saying that the entire first team and background staff will all get their cut too. 

Not really

4 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Don’t see what that has to do with a thread about McGinn?

The Internet
15 minutes ago, theshed said:

I know you’re only saying what you have heard but no danger would Celtic pay 23k a week 

They paid Brown £25k a week when he first signed. Not that I think he'll go to Celtic but 23k is well within their budget. 

Over 20 pages for a player who isn't even ours.

Not only that but a player irrelevant to us full stop since not only are we not signing him either but we will be pumping Hibs whether he plays for them or not next we meet.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Don’t see what that has to do with a thread about McGinn?

Nowt really, other than it's all going into one big pot and at the end of it Farmer is still due his dosh.

1 minute ago, Busby8 said:

Not really

Farmer gets the money either way. You seem to be implying that Hibs will somehow be worse off as a result of this transfer because of that agreement with Farmer. Simply not true.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Farmer gets the money either way. You seem to be implying that Hibs will somehow be worse off as a result of this transfer because of that agreement with Farmer. Simply not true.

No mate.

I'm just looking at hubz with a half empty glass.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

They paid Brown £25k a week when he first signed. Not that I think he'll go to Celtic but 23k is well within their budget. 

It’s not well within their budget, it would be right at the very top end of their budget and would make John mcginn one of their highest paid players ?

Morgaro Gomis
19 minutes ago, theshed said:

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

Have to agree. Celtic's average last year, was just over 14k a week.

Break that? For John McGinn? :lol: (Not aimed at MG, by way.)

You’re both probably correct, and I didn’t take either as a dig at me. I was just passing what I was told - could well be utter nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Nowt really, other than it's all going into one big pot and at the end of it Farmer is still due his dosh.

Yeah ok, got you.

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That’s what I thought too.

Just now, Busby8 said:

No mate.

I'm just looking at hubz with a half empty glass.

Best way :) 

Escobar PHM
30 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Over 20 pages for a player who isn't even ours.

Not only that but a player irrelevant to us full stop since not only are we not signing him either but we will be pumping Hibs whether he plays for them or not next we meet.

Its of passing interest for the following reasons.

1. His sale significantly weakens our biggest rivals IMO. Whether you rate him or not, just about everything they do goes through him

2.The price they achieve for him may be relevant for us sometime in the near future as a benchmark. (Souttar for example)

3. Its interesting to see Celtic possibly miss out on a player they'd normally have snapped up for next to nothing simply by bullying the club into it through a concerted media campaign......I reckon all is not well between Rogers and The Celtic board judging by his most recent interview. Brendan ducking out would be a game changer at the top end of the league IMO.

Edited by Escobar PHM

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Its of passing interest for the following reasons.

1. His sale significantly weakens our biggest rivals IMO

2.The price they achieve for him may be relevant for us sometime in the near future as a benchmark. (Souttar for example)

3. Its interesting to see Celtic possibly miss out on a player they'd normally have snapped up for next to nothing simply by bullying the club into it through a concerted media campaign......I reckon all is not well between Brenda and The Celtic board judging by a recent interview.

On your third point I think Rodgers knows he's done all he can at Celtic. Other than covering old ground. 

His stock won't get any higher than it is now.

He's got a double treble bagged but he knows in Europe Celtic will only ever get so far. Likely to be group stages or last 16. Not likely enough to impress the top clubs into taking him on again.

There's plenty of jobs going down south that he could likely get where he could take his stock higher and get himself back into the frame for the bigger jobs. For example taking a club like Aston Villa back into the premier league.

Escobar PHM
8 minutes ago, Bauld said:

On your third point I think Rodgers knows he's done all he can at Celtic. Other than covering old ground. 

He's got a double treble bagged but he knows in Europe Celtic will only ever get so far. Likely to be group stages or last 16. Not likely enough to impress the top clubs into taking him on again.

There's plenty of jobs going down south that he could likely get where he could take his stock higher and get himself back into the frame for the bigger jobs. For example taking a club like Aston Villa back into the premier league.

They performed horribly in the group stages last time out (and the time before that for that matter) and Brendan might not want to subject his CV to that again. None of the top half of the EPL would touch him until he's proved himself again at a lower level club in England. Villa as you say, Swansea maybe, someone like that. Winning trebles in Scotland on Celtic's budget should be a given and wont really impress anyone down there.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Big Slim Stylee

Sensible thing for him to do is sign for both of them. Villa get slightly less of a player and Celtic get an arse.

6 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I think we underestimate the significance of 10 in a row to both arse cheeks - he'll want to be their "history maker". 

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I think we underestimate the significance of 10 in a row to both arse cheeks - he'll want to be their "history maker". 

Does 10 in a row really matter to Brendan though ? I think if you offered him another chance at a big job in England he'd be off

Midloth_Iain
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Does 10 in a row really matter to Brendan though ? I think if you offered him another chance at a big job in England he'd be off

In this day and age there will be around 6 vacancies by October

3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

He’s a Celtic fan so I think it would matter to him, not like he’s too old to have another crack at the big time once he’s done 

Edited by Gumpert

G0rd0nM1lls

Enlighten me.

How does The Lurgan Bigot get 10%?

I know he was at Bolton but it's years since Allardyce was there. Such sordid shenanigans can't have survived until now. Or is he maybe related to Brian Clough?