"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

Anyone who doesn't think he is good needs to take the maroon tinted glasses off, 

when he goes it will greatly weaken hibs

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Can’t see Celtic letting Allan go to Hibs if McGinn goes to Villa. Purely out of spite. 

This 

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

Anyone who doesn't think he is good needs to take the maroon tinted glasses off, 

Absolutely, i think he is a great player. I am very pleased McGeough is away and will be delighted if McGinn goes south as it will spoil their special relationship with Celtic. 

5 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Wasn't part of the agreement whereby BoS wrote off a lot of their debt was that they would get a % of future transfer fees?

No.

1 minute ago, allyjambo said:

Absolutely, i think he is a great player. I am very pleased McGeough is away and will be delighted if McGinn goes south as it will spoil their special relationship with Celtic. 

I agree, i thought Mcgeough was better, i am glad he is gona and mcginn is on the verge of it. 

Not sure who they could bring in that would make as much an impact as they two did, cant see mallan being as influential 

I think he's a decent player who is young so still has potential and that is factored into the fee. £4m is absolutely nothing, Burnley are signing Ben Gibson on promise shown for £15m. Contract remaining means nothing to managers operating in a league where the average tenure is around 18 months - they just want the player and will pay the fee. I think it's difficult to quantify what value is to be honest.

To be fair to him he has shown character producing for Hibs in Europe while all this is going on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can see him knocking Villa back, he really only has a very short time to wait before he gets his move to Celtic.

5 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

He is bang average and he will do **** all at a club like Celtic or Villa. His next move after the next one is to a lower level than Hibs... or back to Hibs. Anyone who doesn’t recognise what is happening here for a bang average player with months left on his contract before being able to sign a PCA, clearly walks about reading HITC and The Sun online.

3 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

This 

You wanted Hibs to beat us in the last derby. ?

2 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

Great player, aye? ?

**** me...

1 minute ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Hibs sell there best player, get a few bob, well there you go

A few bob? Their best player?

:wow:

Just now, Bez said:

He is bang average and he will do **** all at a club like Celtic or Villa. His next move after the next one is to a lower level than Hibs... or back to Hibs. Anyone who doesn’t recognise what is happening here for a bang average player with months left on his contract before being able to sign a PCA, clearly walks about reading HITC and The Sun online.

You wanted Hibs to beat us in the last derby. ?

Great player, aye? ?

**** me...

Just wait and see how much it weakens hibs, 

im glad he is going 

jacklivi1874
4 minutes ago, Bez said:

A few bob? Their best player?

:wow:

Yep and if he aint, so what

Plenty  jealousy on this thread

I aint that fussed to be wrong but if he does go they will get a few bob and I dare say many hobos think he is there best player 

Edited by jacklivi1874

Just now, MacPhee said:

Just wait and see how much it weakens hibs, 

im glad he is going 

It won’t weaken Hibs in the slightest. If he goes for the Celtic-inflated unicorn price that Villa seem to have been duped in to paying, then this is what happens next:

McGinn gets splinters and woodworm in his extraordinary posterior.

Hibs get over a million to spend on improving their squad.

Villa/Celtic get a far worse player than some of the decent players they have had sitting on their bench/stand recently.

Astonished at the lack of understanding regarding this. He’s not very good and available for nothing in a few months time. ?

Yep and if he aint, so what

Plenty  jealousy on this thread

I aint that fussed to be wrong but if he does go they will get a few bob and I dare say many hobos think he is there best player 

:rofl:

jacklivi1874
2 minutes ago, Bez said:

It won’t weaken Hibs in the slightest. If he goes for the Celtic-inflated unicorn price that Villa seem to have been duped in to paying, then this is what happens next:

Villa/Celtic get a far worse player than some of the decent players they have had sitting on their bench/stand recently.

Astonished at the lack of understanding regarding this. He’s not very good and available for nothing in a few months time. ?

You assume the likes of Villa will spend a quid and have him on the bench, aye right 

2 minutes ago, Bez said:

TIme will tell

You assume the likes of Villa will spend a quid and have him on the bench, aye right 

I assume after actually watching him in a few training sessions and reserve games, they will be absolutely raging at how utterly shan the boy is, yes. 

jacklivi1874
1 minute ago, Bez said:

I assume after actually watching him in a few training sessions and reserve games, they will be absolutely raging at how utterly shan the boy is, yes. 

Good one thats a cracker if ever

Like Villa aint watched him or rate him just gonny blindly spend millions :laugh:

What age are you ??

5 minutes ago, Bez said:

It's not a lack of understanding, it's a simple difference of opinion on a player. A team in Scotland is selling a player who is an international, was nominated for player of the year and who led his team to their highest league position for years. They should get the most they can for that player.

When he's played against us he has not been brilliant but he has been consistently the stand out in their team. I'm intrigued to know how you form an informed opinion on a player unless you are watching him most weeks.

Just now, kimosavi said:

So Bez who is better than Mcginn? You've failed to answer yet? 

Must have missed the parameters for this particular question...

Paterson, McGeouch, Cochrane, Armstrong and Henderson.

Are all miles better though. ?

He's Hibs best player 

Hes a mutant

He's ugly as feck 

Regardless

Anyone that says hes none of the above is an absolute clown 

Do i rate him.....no 

A player is only worth what a teams willing to pay for him 

3 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Good one thats a cracker if ever

Like Villa aint watched him or rate him just gonny blindly spend millions :laugh:

What age are you ??

You're coming across all Hibi-esque matey....

1 minute ago, Bez said:

Must have missed the parameters for this particular question...

Paterson, McGeouch, Cochrane, Armstrong and Henderson.

Are all miles better though. ?

Agreed 

But within his current club at this present time 

He's their best player and weakens them 

That'll do for me 

Just now, Jodami said:

It's not a lack of understanding, it's a simple difference of opinion on a player. A team in Scotland is selling a player who is an international, was nominated for player of the year and who led his team to their highest league position for years. They should get the most they can for that player.

When he's played against us he has not been brilliant but he has been consistently the stand out in their team. I'm intrigued to know how you form an informed opinion on a player unless you are watching him most weeks.

Mid Celtic had not pretended to want John McGinn, then how much do you think Hibs would manage to get for him? With a year left on his contract and the fact he isn’t actually very good? 

Just now, Jodami said:

If Celtic had not pretended to want John McGinn, then how much do you think Hibs would manage to get for him? With a year left on his contract and the fact he isn’t actually very good? 

Just now, kimosavi said:

Agreed 

But within his current club at this present time 

He's their best player and weakens them 

That'll do for me 

He doesn’t weaken them if they get anything even approaching a million pound to spend on replacements.

jacklivi1874
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You're coming across all Hibi-esque matey....

Why, because i cant tolerate shan posts that make little sense

Like it or not McGinn is highly rated by many and if he goes they will get a few quid for him and IMO he wont just be a bench warmer

What have I not to  have  an opinion and WTF is Hibsesque 

Edited by jacklivi1874

Just now, jacklivi1874 said:

Why, because i cant tolerate shan posts that make little sense

Like it or not McGinn is highly rated by many and if he goes they will get a few quid for him and IMO he wont just be a bench warmer

What have I not have  an opinion and WTF is Hibsesque 

You just answered your own question with that post.  :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Bez said:

If Celtic had not pretended to want John McGinn, then how much do you think Hibs would manage to get for him? With a year left on his contract and the fact he isn’t actually very good? 

Celtic were interested, they bid for him and Rogers confirmed that in a press conference. I think you are overestimating the year on the contract element. Rogers can wait as he knows he's locked in at Parkhead but Bruce is fighting for his job after the Henry rumours so will be keen to acquire players.

38 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Wasn't part of the agreement whereby BoS wrote off a lot of their debt was that they would get a % of future transfer fees?

Probably only for a set amount of time. How long ago was the deal done now? Quite a few years?

1 minute ago, Bez said:

He doesn’t weaken them if they get anything even approaching a million pound to spend on replacements.

Rod Petrie will sanction 1 million pounds on buying replacements ???????

Absolutely No happening Bez 

jacklivi1874
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

You just answered your own question with that post.  :biggrin:

I'm lost now

I'll move to the Bezz camp and watch (with any luck) the mutant warm up the bench on a regular basis , Re  of the Millions Villa will spend on him assuming he goes and to think he's not even Hibs  best player..KB always keeps you  right eh  

Just now, jacklivi1874 said:

I'm lost now

I'll move to the Bezz camp and watch (with any luck) the mutant warm up the bench on a regular basis , Re  of the Millions Villa will spend on him assuming he goes and to think he's not even Hibs  best player..KB always keeps you  right eh  

Good lad.....you've got it now.

4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Celtic were interested, they bid for him and Rogers confirmed that in a press conference. I think you are overestimating the year on the contract element. Rogers can wait as he knows he's locked in at Parkhead but Bruce is fighting for his job after the Henry rumours so will be keen to acquire players.

I don’t believe Celtic we’re ever REALLY interested, at least not as anything other than a cheap acquisition for the odd league game, and they ain’t going to spend upwards towards £2m on that.

What they have done however by making pre-arranged fake bids, is to dupe Villa or whoever else in to paying inflated Celtic sale prices as opposed to the sort of price Hibs could manage.

Sneeky suspicion this will be an undisclosed fee to keep the Hibs faithfull in check 

Expect 1 or 2 budget incomings from England 

The rest going to st midden and Farmers pockets 

4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Rod Petrie will sanction 1 million pounds on buying replacements ???????

Absolutely No happening Bez 

If they sell him for £4m?

Yes.

9 minutes ago, Bez said:

I don’t believe Celtic we’re ever REALLY interested, at least not as anything other than a cheap acquisition for the odd league game, and they ain’t going to spend upwards towards £2m on that.

What they have done however by making pre-arranged fake bids, is to dupe Villa or whoever else in to paying inflated Celtic sale prices as opposed to the sort of price Hibs could manage.

That is clearly nonsense. Rodgers was speaking about it today and the subtext to his comments looks more like a pop at his own board for not closing the deal. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/brendan-rodgers-celtic-left-door-open-for-john-mcginn-suitors-1-4780075/amp

But he's clearly only saying this as its part of a wider plot to inflate his value. 

Edited by Jodami

7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

That is clearly nonsense. Rodgers was speaking about it today and the subtext to his comments looks more like a pop at his own board for not closing the deal. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/brendan-rodgers-celtic-left-door-open-for-john-mcginn-suitors-1-4780075/amp

But he's clearly only saying this as its part of a wider plot to inflate his value. 

Have you watched John McGinn playing football?  You hand on heart see him as being worth anything close to £2m and commanding a starting place at Celtic? ?

1 minute ago, Bez said:

Have you watched John McGinn playing football?  You hand on heart see him as being worth anything close to £2m and commanding a starting place at Celtic? ?

I think I answered this in an earlier point, only against us and on TV, which is imo not enough to know how good he is. 

Are you watching him every week and have a more informed opinion? 

Just now, Jodami said:

I think I answered this in an earlier point, only against us and on TV, which is imo not enough to know how good he is. 

Are you watching him every week and have a more informed opinion? 

Seen him playing for years. Mainly against us but also on highlights etc. 

He’s insanely overrated. Mainly by the fake Celtic interest.

15 minutes ago, Bez said:

If they sell him for £4m?

Yes.

Behave Bez 

1.3 million to st midden 

Leaves 2.7m.

500k to Farmer 

Leaves 2.2m 

400k for Mclaren once loan ends 

Theres 1.8m and you think Rod will give Lennon 1 million pounds for players 

Its absolutely no happening

And that's assuming they pay 4 mill when they know Celtic offered 2 million

He'll go for 2.5 - 3 million or undisclosed 

They'll go buy someone for 200k and that'll be it 

Their best player was McGeouch. 

By some distance. 

After that I'm undecided between Kamberi and McGinn but Kamberi looks a real find.

Either way though losing McGinn and McGeouch in midfield will be a massive blow to them.

Just now, Bez said:

Seen him playing for years. Mainly against us but also on highlights etc. 

He’s insanely overrated. Mainly by the fake Celtic interest.

I fear I am being trolled here! 

Supply and demand creates price so simple economics drive market value. Celtic have confirmed they have bid for the player so in what manner could that be construed as fake? 

McGinn gets 10% of any fee too I believe (having not submitted a transfer request).

Always thought McGeoch caused us more trouble than McGinn, but happy to see Hibs weakened and the player to end up in England would be preferable.