Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jamdunc said:

I don't think that's how it works. I remember this debate from when we were in Europe last, if you get £150k for first round, then £170k for second round you only actually get £20k for second round. The figure next to  the round it the total, you don't add them up ( I think)

I've looked into it again and I'm happy to admit that you might be correct. I feckin hope so anyway.

tynietigers
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've looked into it again and I'm happy to admit that you might be correct. I feckin hope so anyway.

It’s the way it is worded, they definitely get the full wack ?? Or any team going in to Europe is running at a loss until the group stages 20 grand extra for going on to the next round ??? you would spend probably 200 grand for each round

2 hours ago, jamdunc said:

I don't think that's how it works. I remember this debate from when we were in Europe last, if you get £150k for first round, then £170k for second round you only actually get £20k for second round. The figure next to  the round it the total, you don't add them up ( I think)

Yeah, it should be read as prize money if you go out that round, similar with tennis.

G0rd0nM1lls
6 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

It’s the way it is worded, they definitely get the full wack ?? Or any team going in to Europe is running at a loss until the group stages 20 grand extra for going on to the next round ??? you would spend probably 200 grand for each round

Aye. Sadly. You're right. If a Madrid team plays a London team, there should be no problem booking 30-odd seats on a scheduled flight at two weeks notice. Faroes boys going to Azerbaijan wouldn't be happening. Nor would any club going to a holiday hotspot in July & August. I've known many players I'd not trust to drive themselves to tricky destinations. Sending groups of the beggars via different routes would be courting disaster - & a UEFA fine. Chartering a plane is essential for a majority of ties. Finding a cheapish plane may not be a problem in November. It will be a problem in July & August. And UEFA regs say teams must arrive two days before matches. So clubs basically need to find a plane that's available for three days. And pay for it to sit at an airport for three days. That's going to run into six figures. The Vermin had to charter planes for the 1st two rounds. Oslo to Molde isn't exactly Embra to Dunbar. So they'll be hiring another one. You can halve those prizemoney figures to find what they really make from the ties.

59 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Talking to Villa according to the papers.

Villa fan I work with pretty certain they have bid £4m tonight. If that is indeed true fair play to Hibs for holding out for a decent wedge.

6 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Villa fan I work with pretty certain they have bid £4m tonight. If that is indeed true fair play to Hibs for holding out for a decent wedge.

Nothing to say McGinn will go to Villa. It's still up to him. If he wants to go to Celtic he will get there eventually. 

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Nothing to say McGinn will go to Villa. It's still up to him. If he wants to go to Celtic he will get there eventually. 

You're right but if the fee is £4m then the wages will be commensurate with that level of contract which may sway him away from his "boyhood heroes".

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

Going by the Villa forums they are just taking info from hibs transfer news on twitter and the sun

9 hours ago, graygo said:

11 hours ago, jamdunc said:

That is how it works 

Midloth_Iain

Grealish @ £30 - £40 million

replaced by 

McGinn @ £3 - £4 million

The cockends will be raging ...... :pleased:

5 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

replaced by 

McGinn @ £3 - £4 million

Will they?

13 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Sad St Mirren ain't going to get their 33% sell on. I bet Stubbs could buy a whole team plus reserves for the 700k.

Why wouldn't they?

better_call_saul

All this talk of Sanity Clauses... can anyone remember the sell-on % that's on CPatz contract?

I'm sure Warnock came out saying it was quite high as they/ Paterson wanted to do right by Hearts.

gorgie rd eh11

6 hours ago, sadj said:

Going by the Villa forums they are just taking info from hibs transfer news on twitter and the sun

Sounds like the Brighton "interest". Hibs putting out stories to try and squeeze the last few quid out of Celtic.

johnking123
8 minutes ago, better_call_saul said:

All this talk of Sanity Clauses... can anyone remember the sell-on % that's on CPatz contract?

I'm sure Warnock came out saying it was quite high as they/ Paterson wanted to do right by Hearts.

15%

queensferryjambo
51 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

replaced by 

McGinn @ £3 - £4 million

If Hibs get £3 - £4 million they will be overjoyed and so would any Scottish club outside of Celtic.

41 minutes ago, better_call_saul said:

Come on, we know there ain't no sanity claus. One for the very old ones

Edited by XB52

CloustonHMFC

Looks to be on the way to Villa. Good move for him and Hibs tbh and will be pleasing to see the Celtic seethe after being so confident he’d sign for them.

Very good signing for Villa at £3-4m if it happens. Even if he performs at an average level in the Championship they'll be able to punt him for £10 million after one season should they want to.

Shame that Hibs get the money but no way that they'll be able to replace him like for like.

Back to 2005
31 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

have never understood this "super" thing.  John McGinn is absolutely shite - completely overrated 

Completely agree. Would rather he stayed than the vermin get 3 million to spend.

No matter what they get it’ll not be like they’re going to reinvest it all back into the team. Obviously some money will be spent....but they’re not suddenly going to splash the cash on big money signings as they command large salaries. 

They may get 2 or 3 £100k-£200k guys with potential and Scott Allen. 

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Completely agree. Would rather he stayed than the vermin get 3 million to spend.

Lol. They wont get to spend all the cash.

chester copperpot
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Lol. They wont get to spend all the cash.

I will be gobsmacked if that's the end from Celtic after what I have heard coming from Lennoxtown.

10 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I will be gobsmacked if that's the end from Celtic after what I have heard coming from Lennoxtown.

They've known all along that they may have to pay more for McGinn...They also have Scott Allan to offer so I still think McGinn will be a Celtic player by the weekend.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

Looks to be on the way to Villa. Good move for him and Hibs tbh and will be pleasing to see the Celtic seethe after being so confident he’d sign for them.

Aye, but shite hibs and St mirren get money, a fair bit. 

Will hurt them on the playing side, tho. 

6 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Talksport reporting the Fat arsed Mutant is at Villas training ground now.

Could get interesting.....I can't wait to see Celtics reaction if Hibs go back to them for players now. A twist or two to come yet I'd think.

14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Could get interesting.....I can't wait to see Celtics reaction if Hibs go back to them for players now. A twist or two to come yet I'd think.

Couldn’t let this pass me by before I go.

Celtic have never been overly interested in McGinn to begin with. They have however thrown their wee gimpy cling-on mates a bone by ramping up the value of an extremely overrated footballer, who wouldn’t even get off the bench too often for them.

Whoever is in charge of scouting at Villa needs launched if they end up paying anything over £1m for a guy who is available for nothing in a few months, and who isn’t actually that good.

Celtic have basically loaned Hibs their marketing department.

They get 3-4m 

Farmer pockets his share.

St Mirren pocket their share.

Some goes on getting Allan in the door.

Money gone hibs no better off than they were before. Infact since Allan is only good for 60 minutes a game they are probably weaker.

Pardon me for not giving a ****.

58 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Celtic were trying to buy him cheap and pay him 8 grand a week . Villa will be dangling a contract infront of him for double that

G0rd0nM1lls

Glad he's gone.

For what it's worth, I think he's a probable English Premier regular in a year or two. Maybe not in Manchester, but not in Burnley, Bolton or Blackburn either. If someone asked me to set a spread on his next transfer fee, I'd go £7m-£8m.

The Vermin will not be spending that money on a better class of players. They won't break the wage structure to the extent that would be required by a £700k player.

They're looking at a full sized indoor pitch. That's £1m. I think that's sensible but it won't affect us short or medium term. They might need to upgrade contracts for the big Jewish Grobbelaar-on-stilts lad, Kamberi or even Slivka if he steps up and attracts interest. Then there's the Scots-Aussie lad they've got on loan. 

They'll be bringing in nobody frightening, unless they get lucky a la Kamberi again.

SpruceBringsteen
33 minutes ago, Bez said:

Whoever is in charge of scouting at Villa needs launched if they end up paying anything over £1m for a guy who is available for nothing in a few months, and who isn’t actually that good.

I can't get my head around a vastly superior player in McGeouch (albeit he doesn't play the defensive mid hammer-throwing role) going to the league below for nixy whilst Villa pay actual money for this fat arsed tractor puller. Football is a funny old game, Saint.

6 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I can't get my head around a vastly superior player in McGeouch (albeit he doesn't play the defensive mid hammer-throwing role) going to the league below for nixy whilst Villa pay actual money for this fat arsed tractor puller. Football is a funny old game, Saint.

Mcgeough had major injury issues. he lasted 10 minutes of his 1st game at Sunderland . If he was 100% fit he would never have been at hibs in the lower leagues

I actually think McGinn is quite a good player and one who seems to have the right attitude to the game. Hibs fans idolise him, which is something that should not be overlooked with regards to confidence and morale going in to games. I’d imagine that when hibs fans look at the team sheet he’s on of the first names they look for, and whether you rate him as player or not, to lose that will be a significant blow for them.

9 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

It’s 100% down to Celtic throwing their gimpy wee mates a reacharound. They are falsely inflating his value with a couple of bids that are way above what any team down South would even consider had Celtic not put theirs in. Celtic have no intention of buying him for anything like that sort of sum.

1 minute ago, JimKongUno said:

Mcgeough had major injury issues. he lasted 10 minutes of his 1st game at Sunderland . If he was 100% fit he would never have been at hibs in the lower leagues

McGinn is barely a million pound player with three years left on his contract, playing every week in a team that finishes second. The value that has been created for him is utterly absurd and is only there because of Celtic. ?

cardboardcutout

Good player and if he goes to villa I hope he does very well! He’s Scottish by the way for all the haters on here. He’s not a big head and gets on with his football without being a billy big time!!  It’s up to us to be better not hope others are worse!

3 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

Good player and if he goes to villa I hope he does very well! He’s Scottish by the way for all the haters on here. He’s not a big head and gets on with his football without being a billy big time!!  It’s up to us to be better not hope others are worse!

He’s basically just not that good a player, and the fact he’s available for **** all soon, makes this whole masquerade even more mental.

Nobody was debating the dimensions of his skull, but there is a reasonable discussion to be had over the ratio of facial features to square-inchage on that Heid.

?

54 minutes ago, Bauld said:

They get 3-4m 

Farmer pockets his share.

St Mirren pocket their share.

Some goes on getting Allan in the door.

Money gone hibs no better off than they were before. Infact since Allan is only good for 60 minutes a game they are probably weaker.

Pardon me for not giving a ****.

Wasn't part of the agreement whereby BoS wrote off a lot of their debt was that they would get a % of future transfer fees?