Hybrid Pitch

kila

35 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Can we not send the bill for restoring it to the building contractor?

The Contractor "will" have liability insurance which HMFC can claim against.

When I say, will, HMFC should not be giving contracts to any company that does not have appropriate insurance to cover this type of scenario.

Let us hope that they carried out due diligence prior to awarding the contract . 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

The Contractor "will" have liability insurance which HMFC can claim against.

When I say, will, HMFC should not be giving contracts to any company that does not have appropriate insurance to cover this type of scenario.

Let us hope that they carried out due diligence prior to awarding the contract .

👍 Cheers

On 11/01/2020 at 00:01, davemclaren said:

Today. 

64DBB498-4D40-425A-93AB-82AAED48C2DC.jpeg

Does anyone have a "before" picture of this. It's been a while since I last saw it.

10 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Does anyone have a "before" picture of this. It's been a while since I last saw it.

not my pic but best i could find from a quick search

tynecastle-stadium.jpg

On 11/01/2020 at 22:15, FarmerTweedy said:

The stands at Murrayfield get closer together during the winter? I know many things shrink in cold weather, but I've never heard of entire stadiums doing so! 

They huddle together like penguins for warmth.

2 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

Christ ... Looks like it's getting worse ?

Thats wot i thought

Edited by Hearts007

I thought that mosaic was at the main entrance of the main stand?

I haven't been in that bit since last summer but I'm sure I walked over it to go up stairs.

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

I thought that mosaic was at the main entrance of the main stand?

I haven't been in that bit since last summer but I'm sure I walked over it to go up stairs.

That's a new one. The original one couldn't be moved in the end, so they kept it in place and protected it during construction.

Just now, kila said:

That's a new one. The original one couldn't be moved in the end, so they kept it in place and protected it during construction.

Ah cheers 👍

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Will be impressive when fixed. The stadium tours are really intetesting if you haven’t been in the new hospitality suites or dressing rooms. 

That pitch looks worse than it was before we replaced the bloody thing, there is no way anyone can justify £1,000,000 being spent on it. We have also been told it would be one of the most monitored pitches in the world (clearly a pile of horse shit). Well if you want to see how to make a total arse of looking after and maintaining a brand new hybrid pitch then look no further than Tynecastle. Its a disgrace and someone should be held responsible for the state its in. I Dont know if its the folk who laid the pitch or the folk who are looking after it but someone needs a swift boot right right in the baws.

10 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

That pitch looks worse than it was before we replaced the bloody thing, there is no way anyone can justify £1,000,000 being spent on it. We have also been told it would be one of the most monitored pitches in the world (clearly a pile of horse shit). Well if you want to see how to make a total arse of looking after and maintaining a brand new hybrid pitch then look no further than Tynecastle. Its a disgrace and someone should be held responsible for the state its in. I Dont know if its the folk who laid the pitch or the folk who are looking after it but someone needs a swift boot right right in the baws.

The top needed replaced at the end of last season but budge blocked it to hold the concert. 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Ak47 said:

The top needed replaced at the end of last season but budge blocked it to hold the concert. 

Correct. Budge once more to blame.

The sooner she goes the sooner we get back to being all about football.

6 minutes ago, Ak47 said:

Why did it need replacing less than a year after it was freshly grown and then 'stitched'?! 

36 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

What the done to bloody thing. Did they do the same as SRU did and leave the under soil heating on to long.

That's what I thought at the Livi game in early December, wasnt a rainy day or had been much rain in the days leading up but the pitch looked and played like a boggy pit.  

We've had pitch issues for years now, I think we have a right to know what the problem is given we the fans are funding these expensive errors.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

Why did it need replacing less than a year after it was freshly grown and then 'stitched'?! 

Top is always skimmed so a new grass is brought through every season.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Including the 5% that's plastic strands?! Do they bring their machine back and inject new ones?? 

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

What does skimmed actually mean?

2 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

This is a usual process most pre seasons and at most top clubs. It's important to distinguish between a new pitch and basically a scraping off of the pitch surface. Scraping the top layer off back to sand allows fresh seeding and more seeding which in turn helps to improve the root system strengthening it so it is more robust through the seasom. The existing roots and new roots generate new grass at surface levels within days in a warm summer and is usually fully ready to play within 6/8 weeks.

I think therefore we are now seeing the ill effects of prioritising the Edinburgh Festival ahead of our own football ambitions and requirements.

The top should’ve been skimmed and replaced before the start of the season, it wasn’t, no idea why.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, davemclaren said:

What does skimmed actually mean?

1 minute ago, troonmaroon said:

Including the 5% that's plastic strands?! Do they bring their machine back and inject new ones?? 

No the strands remain of course. I'm led to believe its standard practice to remove the top surface and grow "new" grass to play on every season.

Might be wrong......

Jambof3tornado
Just now, gordiegords said:

The top should’ve been skimmed and replaced before the start of the season, it wasn’t, no idea why.

Because we couldnt hold a concert on our football pitch if we went ahead with the actual work required!!

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No the strands remain of course. I'm led to believe its standard practice to remove the top surface and grow "new" grass to play on every season.

Might be wrong......

wrong

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Because we couldnt hold a concert on our football pitch if we went ahead with the actual work required!!

Well we are certainly paying the price now.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, gordiegords said:

Well we are certainly paying the price now.

Correct. All because of Budge wanting us to be more than a football club.

Not saying we are shite now because of her decision about the pitch but her decisions over lots of things are questionable to say the least.

5 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Liverpool have a perfect hybrid pitch - did they do this at the start of their season?

Hate to think what it will be like by end of February. That's a disgrace now. Any rain in the days leading up to a game and it will be a farce.

4th May - Last home game

12th July - League Cup begins against Dundee United

2nd August - Festival Concert

So the reason for not skimming sounds like bullshit to me, especially given the state of half the pitch (where the stage was) afterwards and the fact the season had already started and we were playing football on it prior.

Edited by kila

24 minutes ago, Ak47 said:

If this is the case no wonder she didn’t want to tell us the real reason for the horrendous condition of the pitch at the AGM!

7 minutes ago, kila said:

4th May - Last home game

12th July - League Cup begins against Dundee United

2nd August - Festival Concert

So the reason for not skimming sounds like bullshit to me, especially given the state of half the pitch (where the stage was) afterwards and the fact the season had already started and we were playing football on it prior.

Read a few pages back a member of our ground staff said so himself. 

Ah well there are a few hundred people scattered over the globe now that had a lovely evening in August in Edinburger, Scotchland. Bet most of them couldn't even name our club if you asked them.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Will be impressive when fixed. The stadium tours are really intetesting if you haven’t been in the new hospitality suites or dressing rooms. 

Yep.

I've been before so there was little 'new' on the heritage side although apart from the 'new' stuff since my last visit when old stand still in place.

- Memorial Garden idea of John Robertson

- Plus the parts of the new stand I hadn't seen.

(Previously restricted to getting to my seat in S, main entrance to go to Heritage Suite a few times and home dressing room for War of Two Halves and a ten minute guide during construction).

To be fair the other 'nosey' was to see state of pitch.

2 minutes ago, Ak47 said:

Read a few pages back a member of our ground staff said so himself. 

I am curious why the pitch, if skimmed, would have been ready for football come 12th July but a few weeks after that not be in a stable enough state to host a concert on half of it (and that half got ****ed anyway and re-spawned over the last of the summer sun)

21 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Liverpool have a perfect hybrid pitch - did they do this at the start of their season?

I will find out,