Hybrid Pitch

kila

1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

With proper preparation, the pitch could be used for a lot of purposes.

I think we should draw the line at showjumping, though

...and maybe American 'football'.

Pitch & Putt World Championships.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sexton Hardcastle

Going to be quite funny watching the hertz yob goons celebrating if Lee McGregor gets a fight to take place at Tynecastlw after all their hysteria over this.

3 hours ago, campbell said:

I wonder if the people moaning about a little bit of brown grass were moaning when we posted over 1m non match day turn over 

They were don't worry.

3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Think tynecastle would make a good boxing venue. Something to be looked at for the future. 

Nah keep that for JKB

Look at it this way, if a bit of brown grass for a week meant we could afford to have Naismith back then crack on.  Not so long ago people were defending our previous tattie field of a pitch.

FarmerTweedy
9 hours ago, mscjambo said:

How long did it take you to think that up? Ha ha.....weird little person. Agree or disagree.... fair enough. Absolutely no point what so ever to your post .....

Strange, strange individual 🙈

Actually, there was no point to your post. The club have stated quite clearly that the pitch is in perfectly good condition for playing football on, and simply doesn't look great. They actually stated that a couple of days ago, yet some complete and utter drama queens are still posting utter pish about how the whole situation is a disgrace, and let's face it, the only reason they (yourself included) are posting such utter pish is because they want to criticise the club's hierarchy and this situation (the pitch being a bit less green than usual) gives them an excuse to do so.

Utter pish was a perfect summation of your earlier post and I couldn't really be arsed writing more at the time, but given that you're seem to have difficulty comprehending basic facts, I've elaborated a bit here. Hopefully, this will help you grasp exactly why your earlier post was indeed utter pish. 

Happy to help!

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, Sagan said:

I think people questioning why we had a concert on a state of the art brand new pitch is warranted to be honest. 

Is it though?

Maybe a few days ago, but then Hearts released a statement saying that 1) the pitch is perfectly ok, and 2) said in that same statement that they'd discussed the concert in advance with the company that installed the pitch and been assured that the pitch would be fine which, as has been mentioned, it is!

Given that the statement has been out for quite some time now, and referenced numerous times on this thread, I'd say it's actually now pretty unwarranted to be questioning it, and simply utter shitstirring to be making moronic claims about it being a disgrace, etc.

3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Is it though?

Maybe a few days ago, but then Hearts released a statement saying that 1) the pitch is perfectly ok, and 2) said in that same statement that they'd discussed the concert in advance with the company that installed the pitch and been assured that the pitch would be fine which, as has been mentioned, it is!

Given that the statement has been out for quite some time now, and referenced numerous times on this thread, I'd say it's actually now pretty unwarranted to be questioning it, and simply utter shitstirring to be making moronic claims about it being a disgrace, etc.

:spoton:

The first 3 sections from Roseburn end aren’t looking great apart from the Wheatfield/Roseburn corner and goalmouth.

Heat lamps on every corner of pitch last night.

Think the ‘damage’ is mostly visual however last thing it needs right now is a game of football on it. I fear it may rip up a bit on the ‘damaged’ areas.

time will tell!

johnking123
48 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

The first 3 sections from Roseburn end aren’t looking great apart from the Wheatfield/Roseburn corner and goalmouth.

Think the ‘damage’ is mostly visual however last thing it needs right now is a game of football on it. I fear it may rip up a bit on the ‘damaged’ areas.

time will tell!

Pitches like that don't rip up. The fibers injected stop that from happening.

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Pitches like that don't rip up. The fibers injected stop that from happening.

Good

53 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

time will tell!

Well, as the optimum time for grass growth is just before dawn, where it uses the carbs that it has stored from the sunlight it’s been exposed to during the day, then it will look even better right now, than when you saw it last night, It’ll also have another day of rain and sunlight, and dawn growing before the game on Saturday. 👍

8 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Going to be quite funny watching the hertz yob goons celebrating if Lee McGregor gets a fight to take place at Tynecastlw after all their hysteria over this.

Yes, but the whole pitch will  be covered and be the same discolouring instead of this half green, half brown rubbish.

:( :) 

Edited by DETTY29

Was at A Game of Two Halves last night ( excellent and a must see for all jambos). Pitch was also a case of two halves and I must admit it doesn't look pretty at the moment. Beginning to green up again and will be back to it's beautiful best very soon. HHGH

16 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You don't have to wonder because I'll tell you.

I'd have said "Well done Hearts, don't be another part of Edinburgh's heritage that that sells it's soul for the Festival tourist buck".

£1m hybrid football pitches are for playing football on, otherwise they'd be called '£1m hybrid concert venues'.

You ignore the fact that the majority of people attending the event were local. The Festival isn't just for tourists. 

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You ignore the fact that the majority of people attending the event were local. The Festival isn't just for tourists. 

Ok then, I'll rephrase.

"Well done Hearts, don't be another part of Edinburgh's working-class heritage that that sells it's soul for the Festival, arty-farty, pretentious **** buck. Tourist or otherwise."

Happy?

Horatio Caine

Is this torrential rain (and what is expected tomorrow) liable to give problems?  Or is the drainage on the pitch first class?

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Should be training on the pitch unless the weather puts that off

The Hearts Instagram page shows they are. 

Screenshot_20190809-114242.jpg

Just now, Manny1874 said:

The Hearts Instagram page shows they are. 

Screenshot_20190809-114242.jpg

The pitch looks a damned disgrace.  It's, it's GREEN, what a horrible colour.

Seymour M Hersh
21 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Agreed we need to get the "boffins" at Heriot Watt to come up with maroon natural grass. 

36 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ok then, I'll rephrase.

"Well done Hearts, don't be another part of Edinburgh's working-class heritage that that sells it's soul for the Festival, arty-farty, pretentious **** buck. Tourist or otherwise."

Happy?

Fair enough. If you're on the side of the moaners. Working class Edinburgh goes to the festival too. But fair enough if you think this way. 

38 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Only one half of pitch has been affected - that's the good end. 

50 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ok then, I'll rephrase.

Happy?

We need more festivals imo. 

Governor Tarkin
30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fair enough. If you're on the side of the moaners. Working class Edinburgh goes to the festival too. But fair enough if you think this way. 

Working class Edinburgh goes to see Roy Chubby Brown style comedians in some Cowgate basement as part of the Free Fringe, not classical concerts ffs.

17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:D

Ray gets it. :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

More alcohol 

Summer beer festival in June  either side of a couple of boxing matches 

Plenty time for grass to recover 

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Working class Edinburgh goes to see Roy Chubby Brown style comedians in some Cowgate basement as part of the Free Fringe, not classical concerts ffs.

Ah

So it's a view of the working class as limited to certain entertainment 

Fair enough 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ah

So it's a view of the working class as limited to certain entertainment 

Fair enough 

Beyond "that tune fae Star Wars was barry eh", classical concerts would be lost on the working class.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ok then, I'll rephrase.

Happy?

What exactly is “working class”????

Solicitors, Accountants, Company Directors, etc, all work.

Most of the people who attended were in the main ordinary unpretentious local families who enjoyed the “arty farty” concert.

With respect you seem to have a very narrow mind with your ‘class’ point of view.

16 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Beyond "that tune fae Star Wars was barry eh", classical concerts would be lost on the working class.

What an attitude to have :laugh:

What class do you view yourself as? Up one's on arse class?

Governor Tarkin
26 minutes ago, kila said:

What an attitude to have :laugh:

What class do you view yourself as? Up one's on arse class?

It's a perfectly reasonable position to take, and the opposite is also true.

Consider a party of the upwardly-mobile financial set from the Grange or Barnton, or some cultured Viennese  tourists who take it upon themselves to attend a home match at Tynecastle out of some morbid curiosity.

No matter how much buckfast they 'ironically' drink in White Park before the match (from plastic cups with pinkies extended), they'll never be council estate, pavement-dancing, PHM, with that inexplicable connection to their local football institution that is the traditional preserve of the working class.

In short, Tynecastle is for football matches, the Usher Hall is for classical concerts.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

12 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Actually, there was no point to your post. The club have stated quite clearly that the pitch is in perfectly good condition for playing football on, and simply doesn't look great. They actually stated that a couple of days ago, yet some complete and utter drama queens are still posting utter pish about how the whole situation is a disgrace, and let's face it, the only reason they (yourself included) are posting such utter pish is because they want to criticise the club's hierarchy and this situation (the pitch being a bit less green than usual) gives them an excuse to do so.

Utter pish was a perfect summation of your earlier post and I couldn't really be arsed writing more at the time, but given that you're seem to have difficulty comprehending basic facts, I've elaborated a bit here. Hopefully, this will help you grasp exactly why your earlier post was indeed utter pish. 

Happy to help!

To be fair your ramblings are utter pish.....facts you got ears to the ground eh....Uber fan who's opinion is more important and above everyone else....

This assertion that people are not allowed to level any questions or criticism at the club makes them a waste of time as fans is garbage. 

Anne Budge is in her own right a top business woman and in business at the top you make decisions and at least she has the bottle to stand by them right or wrong; strong minded hence why she is a millionaire. 

Not sure why you think you're opinion is above and better than anyone elses; can you answer that? Someone shouts something anti Levein at a match are idiots because they don't prescribe to your school of thought. How arrogant are you or is it much to difficult for you to comprehend? I'm guessing probably not as you are that entitled and arrogant....

Hope that helps....

Done replying to you now

Away and take your 'pish' elsewhere

52 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Get a grip, mate.

davemclaren
56 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

This was free as well wasn’t it? Oh to be a class warrior. 😄

Hundreds went from the Calders, put on an educated Edinburgh accent to fit in , then returned home for a late night ‘supper’ of boil in the bag beef with packet mash. 

Kidding themselves on.  ::troll::

15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's a perfectly reasonable position to take, and the opposite is also true.

Consider a party of the upwardly-mobile financial set from the Grange or Barnton, or some cultured Viennese  tourists who take it upon themselves to attend a home match at Tynecastle out of some morbid curiosity.

No matter how much buckfast they 'ironically' drink in White Park before the match (from plastic cups with pinkies extended), they'll never be council estate, pavement-dancing, PHM, with that inexplicable connection to their local football institution that is the traditional preserve of the working class.

In short, Tynecastle is for football matches, the Usher Hall is for classical concerts.

Bizarre reverse snobbery

What’s who attended got to do with anything. We didn’t do it for the audience. We did it for the money - for which I’m grateful. 

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Hundreds went from the Calders, put on an educated Edinburgh accent to fit in , then returned home for a late night ‘supper’ of boil in the bag beef with packet mash. 

Kidding themselves on.  ::troll::

The Calders has been middle class since they knocked the high flats down.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

The Calders has been middle class since they knocked the high flats down.

Hope they took the residents out first!

You’re thinking of Sighthill. 🙂

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Hope they took the residents out first!

You’re thinking of Sighthill. 🙂

:lol: Yes I am!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I was in attendance, proper schemie mink in my day, but I now punch above my weight. I wouldn't pish on a middle class wank, upper class, that's me.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Always fun to debate the Festival / Fringe and class. 

Though not sure who is being serious. 

We need more seriousness imo.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Dalstonjambo
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Always fun to debate the Festival / Fringe and class. 

Though not sure who is being serious. 

Just be thankful no one has posted their wage slip.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Why do you think they chose that specific collection of music and that area of the city?

The entire point was to make something that is usually seen as not for ''normal people'' and opening it up to everyone.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Morph said:

Why do you think they chose that specific collection of music and that area of the city?

The entire point was to make something that is usually seen as not for ''normal people'' and opening it up to everyone.

If that were true they'd have held it up at the park at the top of Clovie and included the themes from Love Island and Eastenders in their repertoire.

John Williams and Max Steiner have no place at Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Is it time to get the pay slips out again?

Hope so, that was a ‘I remember where I was when’ moment. :rofl:

(taking a shite)

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hope so, that was a ‘I remember where I was when’ moment. :rofl:

(taking a shite)

Useless without phoaties