Hybrid Pitch

kila

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Bez said:

They must be lost. No way any self-respecting dick would dabble in that pish.

What, you saying that 2 little ducks went swimming one day, over the hill and far away, then mother duck said" quack quack", but no little ducks came swimming back? 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Question: Does anyone if this super mosture monitoring system is something we get extra benefit from having in Scotland due to damp climate. 

Or did salesman get Ann on sherry when doing his pitch. 

Just curious why we went for something so fancy? 

(Not a dig, in Ann we Trust etc.)

It being the first install in the world, I wonder if we got some kind of deal.

For the most of our game time, the readings will be "pishing with rain, no action needed"

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

What, you saying that 2 little ducks went swimming one day, over the hill and far away, then mother duck said" quack quack", but no little ducks came swimming back? 

How do you swim over a hill???

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

How do you swim over a hill???

Dunno, damn nursery rhymes not being factually correct. 

Pitch looked fantastic on Saturday - the great thing is we can now expect an excellent playing surface in January.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

https://strigroup.com/hybrid-hearts-on-the-march/

Good read on the work that went into preparing our pitch, and the work that will continue to go on to make sure it's one of the best in the world.

Great read

Old pitch tomorrow night would've been a mud path given the weather now, but instead we'll have a remarkable pitch!

• 8 months later...

Well worth the £1m.

Torrential most of the game and not a single puddle on the pitch, no grass cutting up etc. It looked really tip top.

Think the groundsman needs to use more paint for the penalty spots though, for the shootout at the Gorgie it pretty much vanished by the 3rd penalty :laugh:

20 minutes ago, kila said:

Well worth the £1m.

Torrential most of the game and not a single puddle on the pitch, no grass cutting up etc. It looked really tip top.

Think the groundsman needs to use more paint for the penalty spots though, for the shootout at the Gorgie it pretty much vanished by the 3rd penalty :laugh:

Another bizarre long term outlook decision by AB.......

👌

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Another bizarre long term outlook decision by AB.......

👌

Indeed. One less to maon about now it's been proved right though....

Pitch held up great ..... the penalty spot less so.
Anyone else think the Gorgie road penalty spot had been washed away in the monsoon?

Edited by RobboM

avhudtheteeshirt

The pitch was immaculate last night, on other occasions in that monsoon, players would be power boating through the puddles and covered in mud!!!

Has to be one of or the best pitches in Scottish football at the moment.

Well done Hearts (Ann Budge) for having the fore sight  to spend on a main priority at the right time!!!!

ginger jambo98
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's the best playing surface in the country.

Fester Road would have been flooded last night which is not a surprise given their shithole resembles a tramp's pisspot at the best of times.

Eloquent and faultless summary as always Jonno. 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Fester Road would have been flooded last night which is not a surprise given their shithole resembles a tramp's pisspot at the best of times.

Thought that myself, remembering the shithole from some recent derbies down Leith way.

Pitch looked immaculate.

2 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

The pitch was immaculate last night, on other occasions in that monsoon, players would be power boating through the puddles and covered in mud!!!

Has to be one of or the best pitches in Scottish football at the moment.

Well done Hearts (Ann Budge) for having the fore sight  to spend on a main priority at the right time!!!!

Absolutely, and it's the same for much of the long term infrastructure strategies she has put in place, that will leave the club in a fantastic place and hopefully debt free by the time she leaves, meaning more funding can be diverted to the first team playing squad.

Financial contribution of the fans and benefactors absolutely key as well naturally.

Edited by DETTY29

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Eloquently put as usual Jonno. However, it's a little disturbing that you have such in depth knowledge of such things as "a tramp's pisspot " .  Also, considering the well known saying, " haven't got a pot to piss in" , does this mean that a Tramp has gone one better ? .

Strange the things that go through your mind when you're on your second day of sampling lovely malt whisky. Slainte.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Very strange walking over it. Firm, barer than it looks from the stands, fibres hold it compact. February I was on it, would imagine more grassroots this time of year,  but a wise investment 

Arf 29 pages on a bit of grass, gotta love kickback, absolutely chat about any old shite :lol:

It’s a good job the pitch held up well. Now all those superfluous pitchforks can be distributed amongst the good people of JKB. If anyone is interested, I can do a decent price on a job-lot of torches and kerosine?

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Very strange walking over it. Firm, barer than it looks from the stands, fibres hold it compact. February I was on it, would imagine more grassroots this time of year,  but a wise investment 

Yeah i’ve been on it as well and it was remarkably bare in places but its a fantastic surface.

Also standing in the middle surrounded by the stands you can tell why players love coming to Tynie.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm stuck for a response. Not even  drinking as I'm driving to the golf tomorrow.....

Slainte. 

Enjoy your golf Jonno. Merrily pissed and enjoying music at the moment, three days of strenuous walking in the North Harris hills starting tomorrow. ( Late) 

John Findlay
15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Watch out for the midges.  Evil little shits. 

What is there purpose on this earth ?

Wind you up😁

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

When we go down under in a few months time it'll be feckin spiders....

Woose😂😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Yeah i’ve been on it as well and it was remarkably bare in places but its a fantastic surface.

Also standing in the middle surrounded by the stands you can tell why players love coming to Tynie.

It really is a box isn't it.  Felt amazing looking up at empty stands, what it must feel like with full stands and bouncing......

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Watch out for the midges.  Evil little shits. 

What is there purpose on this earth ?

There are many ways, theories, potions, and lotions to beat them. All wrong. You've got to outsmart them, they don't like hot sun, they don't like heavy rain. They do like mild ,damp conditions, don't ****in camp then. Here's a truth though, they don't like a breeze more than five mph. So, run at six mph and you're fine. Tricky when you're trying to kip. Your golf might be easier. I love the hills, so...

jamboinglasgow

The fact after the torrential rain last night it is was used for another 90 mins today shows how well the pitch holds up. 

As others have said, a vital infrastructure investment that will last a long time.

Harry Potter
22 hours ago, RobboM said:

Pitch held up great ..... the penalty spot less so.
Anyone else think the Gorgie road penalty spot had been washed away in the monsoon?

Should sew wee white fibres in to said penalty spot for a permanent white spot.:)

Just a wee point of order for a Sunday morning. It is not a penalty spot, it’s a penalty mark, as it can also be a little white cross as opposed to a spot. You’re welcome 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by ShedBoy

On 04/09/2018 at 10:28, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Dunno, damn nursery rhymes not being factually correct. 

I remember being very confused about why girls cried just because Georgie-Porgey kissed them...

1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Just a wee point of order for a Sunday morning. It is not a penalty spot, it’s a penalty mark, as it can also be a little white cross as opposed to a spot. You’re welcome 🤣🤣🤣

Or a Heart? ♥️

Big Slim Stylee
On 13/07/2019 at 08:48, jonnothejambo said:

Marvelous summation 😀

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

I like a wee circle myself!! Not a solid filled in circle but an actual  O of paint.

TyphoonJambo
21 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s a good job the pitch held up well. Now all those superfluous pitchforks can be distributed amongst the good people of JKB. If anyone is interested, I can do a decent price on a job-lot of torches and kerosine?

Any flammable effigies going? 

17 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Any flammable effigies going? 

Plenty. Made to order. I’ve only got shades of brown through to black though... didn’t think I’d need the lighter pallet. 👍

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I remember being very confused about why girls cried just because Georgie-Porgey kissed them...

He was probably a 50-something (or older!) DJ!

FarmerTweedy
On 13/07/2019 at 21:10, jonnothejambo said:

When we go down under in a few months time it'll be feckin spiders....

You'll probably only notice the spiders if one of them bites you! It's the flies you'll notice! 

• 4 weeks later...