Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

BobbyJenkins
16 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

This transfer window is shaping up to be utterly woeful if these names are anything to go by.

:cornette:

Away and weesht you, you absolute slaver.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

grumpyespana
15 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Big strong laddie not much pace but will be good holding up the ball.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

So potentially, a  central midfield of Adao, Murray Davidson and Charlie Adam - that is not bad btw!

djoum, Cowie and Ross as well as back up.

assuming Prince and Martin away.

just need wingers.

johnking123

By the sounds of things. Cowie is not that far away from thinking of retiring. He won't play much at all next season.

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

To be fair over the years loads of players have impressed against us. We have a habit of making some very ordinary players look brilliant.

Taouil? Sutton? Wyness? Sammon?

Lewis Stevenson!

Danny Invincible was one as well. Seemed to score against us every time we played Killie.

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

djoum, Cowie and Ross as well as back up.

assuming Prince and Martin away.

just need wingers.

Milinkovic (hopefully) and Amankwaa? Danny has impressed me whenever he's been on and has yet to be given a full run out. reckon he is quality if he's been playing for FC copenhagen

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Can't see Adam signing.

I think he's settled down south.

Plus he's only 32. Not trying to be funny but he'd want a 3-4 year deal at that age.

Edited by Escobar PHM

7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Milinkovic (hopefully) and Amankwaa? Danny has impressed me whenever he's been on and has yet to be given a full run out. reckon he is quality if he's been playing for FC copenhagen

Can’t agree with you on Danny. He’s been poor and has showed nothing to warrant a run in the team.

He started against Dundee and was pretty 

much non exsistant. Only time I noticed him when he got subbed.

Escobar PHM
Just now, Chaps said:

Can’t agree with you on Danny. He’s been poor and has showed nothing to warrant a run in the team.

Agreed. He's done nothing and is another write off IMO.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Chaps said:

One game to be fair. The rest of the time, he's been difficult for opposition players to get the ball off him. Home games he's been exciting to watch. He needs a full preseason and a run of games, not just sub appearances, for us to fairly judge him.

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

One game to be fair. The rest of the time, he's been difficult for opposition players to get the ball off him. Home games he's been exciting to watch. He needs a full preseason and a run of games, not just sub appearances, for us to fairly judge him.

:notsure:“exciting”

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, goldie83 said:

:notsure:“exciting”

:lol:

I am serious though, I genuinely think he's going to be solid next season...if he is given time to get started and not written off by the usual boo boys after one bad game

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I am serious though, I genuinely think he's going to be solid next season...if he is given time to get started and not written off by the usual boo boys after one bad game

I’m actually with you on that. I’ll always give people the benefit of the doubt especially when they’re playing for the famous. Hopefully he gets to a level that he was once at. I used to tell my mates that Hartley would turn good when people were slating him when he first signed. All for giving him the time needed.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, goldie83 said:

I’m actually with you on that. I’ll always give people the benefit of the doubt especially when they’re playing for the famous. Hopefully he gets to a level that he was once at. I used to tell my mates that Hartley would turn good when people were slating him when he first signed. All for giving him the time needed.

Too right mate!

Its been a difficult season, where players should have been better than what they have been, considering the level of quality.

But having had a bad season and still see guys like Lafferty scoring a good amount of goals, its exciting for what next season will bring as we will have to build on from this one

So we'll see!

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Agree with you. I hoped he would make more of an impact this season but I do think with a full pre-season and the extra time to adapt we will see a cracking player. There is times you see how his pace and control of the ball allows him to carve through defence, especially through the counter. Think it was Kilmarnock where he got past a few players and was about to be one on one when the a Killie defender took him down just past half way to stop him.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Agree with you. I hoped he would make more of an impact this season but I do think with a full pre-season and the extra time to adapt we will see a cracking player. There is times you see how his pace and control of the ball allows him to carve through defence, especially through the counter. Think it was Kilmarnock where he got past a few players and was about to be one on one when the a Killie defender took him down just past half way to stop him.

I remember that! It should have been a straight red (from my own angry perception of it)

Hopefully we'll see his best form this season

Siphiwe Tshabalala
2 minutes ago, torino calcio said:

I could imagine that Davidson's a possibility - he was capped for Scotland when Levein was manager.

I think Davidson would be a success if he signed for us.

He would that 'arseholeness' we desperately need.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So, hot or Cold? 

GK Allan McGregor

GK Scott Bain

LB Demetri Mitchell (on loan)

LB Bobby Burns

CM Joaquim Adao (signed Permanently)

CM Scott Fraser

CM Charlie Adam

FW Steven Naismith (signed Permanently)

FW Steven Maclean

FW Uche Ikpeazu

Plus a New CB and Left Winger (possibly two wide players)? 

Allan McGregor (boiling, he'd be one of the best keepers in our league)

Scott Bain (seems happy enough to be bide his time on the sidelines, so if Hamilton's away due to this, then good signing)

Demitri Mitchell (Useful signing, would like to see another left back pushing him on though)

Bobby Burns (he looks good, one for the future)

Joaquim Adao (would be a great addition)

Scott Fraser (from the Championship he'd be a gamble)

Charlie Adam (another leader, would be a great signing)

Steven Naismith (as the team improved he would IMO)

Steven MacLean (let's see how he does, I'm unsure if he'll be a good signing or not)

Uche Ikpeaku (he looks like he'd be a handful)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Re Amankwaa. Really needs a pre season. Has ability in flashes but is clearly in need of fitness and matches

Re Davidson. A lot of our signings seem to be arriving on the basis of Leveins time with Scotland, so that is entirely possible. Horrible player to play against but at the same time not sure how he would fit in the picture.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Spencer said:

Not sure if people are serious in writing Amankwaa off at this time 

Yes Spence!

Its madness if they are. He's only started 2 games, I think

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Not sure if people are serious in writing Amankwaa off at this time 

You'd hope not.  Seems sometimes that some posters would like contracts to include a 2-week cooling off period.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So, hot or Cold? 

GK Allan McGregor HOT

GK Scott Bain COLD

LB Demetri Mitchell (on loan) ROASTING HOT

LB Bobby Burns BURNING

CM Joaquim Adao (signed Permanently) ROASTING HOT

CM Scott Fraser TEPID

CM Charlie Adam ROASTING HOT

FW Steven Naismith (signed Permanently) ROASTING HOT

FW Steven Maclean TEPID but need a squad

FW Uche Ikpeazu MILD but need a squad

Plus a New CB and Left Winger (possibly two wide players)? 

As above. Keeping the guys already here but would be massive I think. Quality in middle of the pitch and wide areas are priorities along with a keeper.

Davidson could be saved for when Adao is suspended. 

One has fitness issues, one gets a lot of cards. 

Natural rotation. 

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

He  has pace, the rest can be coached 

He looks slow as anything, especially when running with the ball.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So a collection of midfielders

Adam, Davidson, Adao, Djoum, Cochrane, Michael Smith, Cowie, McDonald, Irving

A collection of wingers

Amankwaa, Gauld, Templeton?

A collection of forwards

Lafferty, Naismith, McLean, Keena, Currie, Ipeazu, stick Henderson out on loan

Sounds a lot better to me :)

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

He looks slow as anything, especially when running with the ball.

Whit?? Have you actually seen him play? Very quick feet and great with the ball

If he's that quick, why have I yet to see him knock the ball past a defender...and beat him for pace?

Every time a defender faces up to him (that I've seen), he either passes the ball back...or cuts inside.

Now, I may have not have seen him doing it...so apologies if he has indeed done the above (beat someone for pace on the outside).

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Deviskan said:

If he's that quick, why have I yet to see him knock the ball past a defender...and beat him for pace?

Every time a defender faces up to him (that I've seen), he either passes the ball back...or cuts inside.

Now, I may have not have seen him doing it...so apologies if he has indeed done the above (beat someone for pace on the outside).

Killie at home, knocked it past 2 or 3 of their defenders and would have been through on goal, but got hauled down. Should have been a red. And that's only one occasion. There have been several others.  Believe me, he's quick

Didn't he cut inside then as well to get past the defenders?

I remember it was on the left wing...but I thought he cut inside, and ended up running towards the middle of the pitch before getting hauled down.

scott herbertson
31 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

He  has pace, the rest can be coached 

I disagree with that though there’s no doubt pace in the SPL is an asset

what is hard to coach is that ability to make time on the ball for decision making. Robbo had it in spades in the box as all great strikers do. Fuller and Pinalla had it as well I thought, as dis Jimmy Bone. My view is that Cochrane and perhaps McDonald also have that ability. Rudi had it in midfield, and sad to say Allan, McGinn and  McGeough, and prior to them Suazee and Latapyhad that for Hibs. Defensively Levein had I as did Pressley to a lesser extent. They creat enough time for decisio;making whether to pass, shoot, boot the ball out of play, foul or whatever. Godhino loooks to have some of it as well so it’s obviously something we are looking for and nurturing when we find

The players who I think have had the less of it have been Tony Watt who despite his other abundant abilities had the least vision and time on the ball, others with this deficiency in my view were Reilly (sadly as he looked as if he could be trouble to defences)  and unfortunately nearly every left back we have had recently  (oh for another Takis, Wallace or Tosh)

Edited by scott herbertson

25 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Once he gets a good pre season behind him hopefully we will see a good player. 

He needs to be given a chance....

Exactly. Needs a pre season and see what happens from there 

Good pedigree 

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Exactly. Needs a pre season and see what happens from there 

Good pedigree 

Heres hoping

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

Wrote off after eight games, whilst recovering from a serious injury and climatizing to a new league/country.

Jesus wept.

His last injury was 18 months ago. We didn't sign him with any serious injury or whilst in recovery from the last one ( surely to god we didn't because that's a whole other can of worms if we did)  Shouldn't have touched him in the first place. Whether its historical injuries or not playing a part, he isn't good enough IMO.

6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

His last injury was 18 months ago. We didn't sign him with any serious injury or whilst in recovery from the last one ( surely to god we didn't because that's a whole other can of worms if we did)  Shouldn't have touched him in the first place. Whether its historical injuries or not playing a part, he isn't good enough IMO.

Bit harsh no? 

33 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Whit?? Have you actually seen him play? Very quick feet and great with the ball

Yeh he looks totally powderpuff and rarely tries to go past a full back.

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Bit harsh no? 

Just my opinion having watched him. No big deal. If I'm wrong I'll put my hands up later this year. Again, no big deal.

Enzo Chiefo
5 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Regurgitating again, Enzo. C L supported his coaches.  If he hadn't there would have been uproar about the dictator of football interfering. He is fair game for getting Cathro's appointment spectacularly wrong but it takes an extreme level of blindness to see Cathro's preferred choice of player was very different from Levein's.

as for his salary, he is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the football operations including rebuilding a decimated academy. He is now also directly responsible for managing the first team. I've no idea what he warns but I would think it merits more than Mcinnes and Lennon. Any ideas?

You can't separate the salary and the responsibility. I don't know why it's so hard to understand...If we are insisting on operating with a DOF then the well remunerated DOF has to shoulder responsibility for all football matters. If I was DOF then I would appoint an experienced manager who I would then entrust to choose his own targets  within budgetary constraints. It would still be my responsibility if things went awry. CL however chose to give rookies their first coaching job and it is totally disengenous to pretend tgat he woukd not have had input in everything from training to signings to advice about tactics.  The style of play changed noticeably after Jan in 2015 when it was clear we were coming up. Tgat was clearly preparation for the following season.  Did Neilson adopt that approach off his own back? Doubt it. Yes Cathro would have preferred more creative players than CL likes but he still had to pick, as has been said many times, from the 3 or 4 presented to him by CL and I'M. It really is that simple folks.

2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Yeh he looks totally powderpuff and rarely tries to go past a full back.

My thoughts too.  He was meant to be a speed merchant when we were first told about him but agree he has never put the ball past a defender and beat him for pace. He always wants to cut inside.  I hope I'm wrong but I think Scottish football might be too physical for him. 

Dr Ian Malcolm

Davidson is the type of player we've been lamenting the lack of all season. A high energy, box to box midfielder. Could be a wise addition.

Charlie Adam is the exact opposite. No doubt good enough ability-wise, but not sure he'd be worth the expense if we're trying to get more pace and legs in to the middle of the park. Sceptical he'd be a realistic target in any case.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Just now, livi said:

My thoughts too.  He was meant to be a speed merchant when we were first told about him but agree he has never put the ball past a defender and beat him for pace. He always wants to cut inside.  I hope I'm wrong but I think Scottish football might be too physical for him. 

Levein's penchant for playing wide players on their opposite side doesn't help in this regard. Neither does how tight Tynecastle is - how often do we see anyone burning past full backs with space to run in to?

Amankwaa has the potential to be decent and obviously needs more time before he's judged.

4 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Levein's penchant for playing wide players on their opposite side doesn't help in this regard. Neither does how tight Tynecastle is - how often do we see anyone burning past full backs with space to run in to?

Amankwaa has the potential to be decent and obviously needs more time before he's judged.

Fair enough and I am hopefully proved wrong.  1st impressions aren't always the best.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, livi said:

Confidence. A good pre season will sort that out. Suso was shite in his first season, he got better every year, that was adjusting to our game

7 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Davidson is the type of player we've been lamenting the lack of all season. A high energy, box to box midfielder. Could be a wise addition.

Charlie Adam is the exact opposite. No doubt good enough ability-wise, but not sure he'd be worth the expense if we're trying to get more pace and legs in to the middle of the park. Sceptical he'd be a realistic target in any case.

Adam is built like Baggio. Can ping it all over the place. We lack a passer. In fact that of player is largely being phased out in modern era where shifting it out to full backs for width outlet becomes ever more prevalent 

15 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Just my opinion having watched him. No big deal. If I'm wrong I'll put my hands up later this year. Again, no big deal.

You may well be proved right. I have resigned myself to him doing little this season  

Hopefully he can do well, although I readily acknowledge early signs have not been overly inspiring