Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Davidson is the type of player we've been lamenting the lack of all season. A high energy, box to box midfielder. Could be a wise addition.

Charlie Adam is the exact opposite. No doubt good enough ability-wise, but not sure he'd be worth the expense if we're trying to get more pace and legs in to the middle of the park. Sceptical he'd be a realistic target in any case.

Didn't look good v us in the cup and I can see why St Johnstone are releasing him. But, there is a chance you could build us his confidence and he could run the show in the Tynecastle atmosphere v lesser teams

Edited by rudi must stay

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Not sure if people are serious in writing Amankwaa off at this time 

I'm certainly not writing him off but it beats me how anyone can be excited by what they've seen so far.

Escobar PHM
8 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You may well be proved right. I have resigned myself to him doing little this season  

Hopefully he can do well, although I readily acknowledge early signs have not been overly inspiring 

I readily accept that if you set your marker down and judge a player early, and youre wrong, at some point you need to be man enough to put your hands up and admit it.

Players in any position in this league who don't have physicality, tend to struggle to have an impact. He's had really bad injuries too. Even after recovery that's not going to help his confidence to take or ride a challenge.

Martin is a prime example of this. I think he's a very good player, but he's not the type to get involved in the physical side and he was ineffective because of it.

Skacel was another one who didn't really involve himself in much of the dirty/physical work. However he had true class and could make space all on his own and once he had space in front of goal he was deadly.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

If only everything was really as simple as "a good pre season".

Its not but it lays foundations. If you don't get the foundations then you get a season like we have just had. With better preparation, fitness, confidence and results would have been better. Quality is quite another thing I would agree, but if you haven't got the basics right then quality loses its chance to shine

I take it we have now totally scrapped our previously stated policy of only signing young players with a sell-on value?

Murray Davidson seems to get mentioned in every transfer window, if the club still have the policy of signing 'the person not just the player' then Davidson will never be anywhere near tynecastle!

It would also go entirely against the mantra of signing experienced pro's that are a good example to the younger players, having seen how Davidson conducts himself in public he is very much not a good example to young players.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

I take it we have now totally scrapped our previously stated policy of only signing young players with a sell-on value?

Ideally, you would like to sign those, but really, its a hard ask to get just those.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I feel like you've added the word "only" yourself there Thomaso

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Not sure if people are serious in writing Amankwaa off at this time 

Very strange especially when Levein said when we signed him that it would take a while for him to get fully match fit hence the 12 month option on his contract. 

1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

He looks slow as anything, especially when running with the ball.

You clearly haven’t seen him. From his limited appearances so far pace could be his biggest attribute. 

I think Scott Fraser will be a good addition. He’s an intelligent player who can produce the kind of creative, defence-splitting passes we’re missing at the moment. The only question is if he can perform at the highest level in Scotland.

29 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You can't separate the salary and the responsibility. I don't know why it's so hard to understand...If we are insisting on operating with a DOF then the well remunerated DOF has to shoulder responsibility for all football matters. If I was DOF then I would appoint an experienced manager who I would then entrust to choose his own targets  within budgetary constraints. It would still be my responsibility if things went awry. CL however chose to give rookies their first coaching job and it is totally disengenous to pretend tgat he woukd not have had input in everything from training to signings to advice about tactics.  The style of play changed noticeably after Jan in 2015 when it was clear we were coming up. Tgat was clearly preparation for the following season.  Did Neilson adopt that approach off his own back? Doubt it. Yes Cathro would have preferred more creative players than CL likes but he still had to pick, as has been said many times, from the 3 or 4 presented to him by CL and I'M. It really is that simple folks.

This thread is about players we may be signing. The Levein slag fest is on another thread. Please post your comments on the appropriate thread and stop wasting everyone’s time. . 

Absolute Scenes
17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Didn't look good v us in the cup and I can see why St Johnstone are releasing him. But, there is a chance you could build us his confidence and he could run the show in the Tynecastle atmosphere v lesser teams

Its the same with any player - put quality around them and they'll play to their best. St J's midfield hasn't been great, but Davidson has always been one of their players that has stuck out

Its the same with Scott Allan - never even smelt him in the Dundee home game..signs for Hibs and having abetter midfield round him, looks to be a better player

Tha could be said having the likes of Naismith, Djoum (of old), Adoa (if he sings) Cowie et al.

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Murray Davidson seems to get mentioned in every transfer window, if the club still have the policy of signing 'the person not just the player' then Davidson will never be anywhere near tynecastle!

It would also go entirely against the mantra of signing experienced pro's that are a good example to the younger players, having seen how Davidson conducts himself in public he is very much not a good example to young players.

I didn't realise this

what does he do in public?

heartmussel
2 hours ago, Chaps said:

Can’t agree with you on Danny. He’s been poor and has showed nothing to warrant a run in the team.

He started against Dundee and was pretty 

much non exsistant. Only time I noticed him when he got subbed.

The signing of Amankwaa on an 18 month deal put paid to Milinkovic getting offered a contract.

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Cant remember that ever being our stated  policy. Certainly not under the current regime. 

Absolute Scenes

not to start any rumours or continue any...but I had a quick look on the Stoke City fans forum and majority of fans want Charlie Adam away. They don't rate him, however the EPL is miles ahead of SPL in terms of standard, so they might think he is crap for their league...but for ours could be unreal.

I was trying to find transfer rumours on their forum but couldn't find anything relating to Adam actually leaving. Judging by the fans reaction of him, sounds like he will be gone though

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

:lol:

I am serious though, I genuinely think he's going to be solid next season...if he is given time to get started and not written off by the usual boo boys after one bad game

I agree with you on Danny.

The usual suspects are calling him a dud already. They have such short memories the same crowd where saying Skinny was a dud now they are howling for Levien to get him signed.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Its the same with any player - put quality around them and they'll play to their best. St J's midfield hasn't been great, but Davidson has always been one of their players that has stuck out

Its the same with Scott Allan - never even smelt him in the Dundee home game..signs for Hibs and having abetter midfield round him, looks to be a better player

Tha could be said having the likes of Naismith, Djoum (of old), Adoa (if he sings) Cowie et al.

Ye agree with this totally, he's a maverick. St Johnstone looked better last season (for whatever reason, they were virtually the same team) and he did too

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

To be fair, having watched him many times against us, Imo,  he only sticks out because he is a bit of a thug on the pitch. No idea what he is like off it. 

3 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

The signing of Amankwaa on an 18 month deal put paid to Milinkovic getting offered a contract.

It’s 18 months with an option of a further 12 so there’s no doubt he is one of Leveins favoured wingers. 

Mcgregor 

Hamilton/Bain

Mason

Gajda

Smith

Godhino 

Brandon 

Berra 

Souttar 

Hughes

New CB 

Baur

Petkov

Gajda

Mitchell 

Burns

Adao

Adam

Djoum

Davidson 

Cowie

Callachan 

Cochrane 

Irving

Paton

Naismith 

Fraser

Amankwaa 

Milinkovic 

Zanatta 

Morrison

McDonald 

Moore

Lafferty 

Ikpeazu 

McLean 

Keena

Currie 

Henderson 

Would be a pretty decent squad imo, perhaps no room for Callachan moving forward along with Martin, Sammon and Liam Smith, we could afford to send some youngsters out on loan as well 

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

not to start any rumours or continue any...but I had a quick look on the Stoke City fans forum and majority of fans want Charlie Adam away. They don't rate him, however the EPL is miles ahead of SPL in terms of standard, so they might think he is crap for their league...but for ours could be unreal.

I was trying to find transfer rumours on their forum but couldn't find anything relating to Adam actually leaving. Judging by the fans reaction of him, sounds like he will be gone though

Stoke likely to be in the championship next season so that may change opinions. 

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Mcgregor 

Hamilton/Bain

Mason

Gajda

Smith

Godhino 

Brandon 

Berra 

Souttar 

Hughes

New CB 

Baur

Petkov

Gajda

Mitchell 

Burns

Adao

Adam

Djoum

Davidson 

Cowie

Callachan 

Cochrane 

Irving

Paton

Naismith 

Fraser

Amankwaa 

Milinkovic 

Zanatta 

Morrison

McDonald 

Moore

Lafferty 

Ikpeazu 

McLean 

Keena

Currie 

Henderson 

Would be a pretty decent squad imo, perhaps no room for Callachan moving forward along with Martin, Sammon and Liam Smith, we could afford to send some youngsters out on loan as well 

Good luck keeping a 39 man squad happy on matchday 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You clearly haven’t seen him. From his limited appearances so far pace could be his biggest attribute. 

No, I have seen him play mate, he does not look quick.

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Cant remember that ever being our stated  policy. Certainly not under the current regime. 

Pretty sure this was stated at the start of the Levein/Neilson regime.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Rents said:

I agree with you on Danny.

The usual suspects are calling him a dud already. They have such short memories the same crowd where saying Skinny was a dud now they are howling for Levien to get him signed.

Moronic behaviour, I know

Dave McCreery's knee

Amankwaa looks very short of confidence. Would be nice if fans gave him time and encouragement rather than write him off as a dud. Levein did say he was a risky signing. We could do our part in helping him out. 

Amankwaa should certainly not be written off but can’t see how anyone can be excited by his performances so far. He’s been average at best but can certainly improve next season. 

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Pretty sure this was stated at the start of the Levein/Neilson regime.

No. From day 1 Levein said the plan was 5/6 experienced pro’s, 5/6 ‘special’ players and the rest made up of academy graduates. 

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s 18 months with an option of a further 12 so there’s no doubt he is one of Leveins favoured wingers. 

its obvious that Levein has seen that he has quality, otherwise it would have been a 6 month contract and out the door in summer. He obviously rates him highly enough to put him on a fitness course halfway through the season too. Think we'll see the real Danny after the summer

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Amankwaa should certainly not be written off but can’t see how anyone can be excited by his performances so far. He’s been average at best but can certainly improve next season. 

I think he's pretty decent, in the final third his decision is better than I thought it would be (takes his time) seems to me very much a team player

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Let's not forget the reserve league is being introduced and most of those players are either academy players, near retirement pros or players being given a huge opportunity to play at a higher level 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No. From day 1 Levein said the plan was 5/6 experienced pro’s, 5/6 ‘special’ players and the rest made up of academy graduates. 

From memory when Levein came in as DoF the stated policy was to sign young players, develop them, and sell them on.

7 minutes ago, Dave McCreery's knee said:

Amankwaa looks very short of confidence. Would be nice if fans gave him time and encouragement rather than write him off as a dud. Levein did say he was a risky signing. We could do our part in helping him out. 

I agree with this.  He looked total lost when he came on against Aberdeen.

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, Spencer said:

I think the latest A/A's disclosed Directors Remuneration of £134k. CL is the only paid Director for performing Executive role.

That period covered him solely performing DoF role. Will be interesting to see if his terms have been revised in accordance with his dual role. 

I would be very surprised if both McInnes and Lennon are not on more than £134k. I think they could be on nearer £250k, certainly in case of McInnes who will be on improved terms after Rangers interest. McInnes might be on even more than £250k. 

Thanks. Didn't know that. A good income by normal standards but hardly extravagent when compared with our direct competition and they won't have his range of responsibility 

i wish jj was my dad
35 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I dont remember this being a hard and fast rule (Alexander for example) but I guess our review of recruitment last summer led to a policy change.

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Thanks. Didn't know that. A good income by normal standards but hardly extravagent when compared with our direct competition and they won't have his range of responsibility 

Agreed. He is certainly not overly paid I would suggest 

I would have thought Cathro would've been on north of that himself.  First Team coach at Newcastle United would have attracted a decent salary. 

He should be on no less than £250k now imo 

Enzo Chiefo
28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

This thread is about players we may be signing. The Levein slag fest is on another thread. Please post your comments on the appropriate thread and stop wasting everyone’s time. . 

I'm replying directly to another poster's comment. You are wasting your own time. 

25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I also don’t think it’s a particularly good squad in all honesty. 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Re Amankwaa. Really needs a pre season. Has ability in flashes but is clearly in need of fitness and matches

Re Davidson. A lot of our signings seem to be arriving on the basis of Leveins time with Scotland, so that is entirely possible. Horrible player to play against but at the same time not sure how he would fit in the picture.

Not happening. 

OmiyaHearts

I'll be very concerened about the strength of our squad if Maclean gets a single minute in maroon, unless we're injury-ridden.

Weird signing, 'mentor' or not.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'll be very concerened about the strength of our squad if Maclean gets a single minute in maroon, unless we're injury-ridden.

So if we signed Steven Naismith, Charlie Adam, Murray Davidson, Allan McGregor, Demi Mitchell, David Milinkovic plus having the second defence in Scotland...you'd question the strength of our squad if Steven McLean played a game?

That is a weird post 

Edited by Absolute Scenes

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Meanwhile Motherwell seem to be able to pick up cracking strikers under the radar..........Moult and Main for instance.

Clark Griswold
12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Meanwhile Motherwell seem to be able to pick up cracking strikers under the radar..........Moult and Main for instance.

Perhaps their scouting system is better than ours. John Murray seems to be untouchable.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Milinkovic (hopefully) and Amankwaa? Danny has impressed me whenever he's been on and has yet to be given a full run out. reckon he is quality if he's been playing for FC copenhagen

yip, still need a left side tho, skinny and Danny are both right footed. Both have been shoehorned on the left.