Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

Surely the money McGregor would expect to earn at us would tempt McLaughlin to stay?

Not against McGregor coming but would prefer the money was spent keeping McLaughlin. 

Have heard we are still in talks with McLaughlin.

Edited by Gambo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm not disagreeing with your thought Scott but in terms of McLean is he the sort of player we need if the intention is to keep Steven Naismith on board. Do our present crop of back up strikers need input from two experienced forwards, when one could suggest that in addition to Naismith Kyle Lafferty is a much more experienced player than the younger back up strikers and able to pass on his experience. If I had a choice I'd prefer we were going for a striking option that is a bit younger and could immediately help out Kyle Lafferty up front. There are obviously players out there if you have scouts who know where to look and decent contacts down South, for example. I'm guessing Motherwell finding Curtis Main, for example, wasn't just a pure fluke. Just a thought, but for me the priority at this time has to be looknig for a striker who can score goals rather than looknig for a striker who can pass things on to the younger players. If you are only looking for the latter then you should be looking for a person to employ in a coaching role, imo.

I dont disagree greed with you either PJ! 

The first line of my post was I think he’d have been a great option when we came down to Championship. I agree Naismith and Lafferty cover the options and mone6 might be best spent elsewhere although I do think McLean would be cheap and Henderson and any future young forwards brought in could learn from him, perhaps more than Lafferty despite Lafferty’s strike rate.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Surely the money McGregor would expect to earn at us would tempt McLaughlin to stay?

Not against McGregor coming but would prefer the money was spent keeping McLaughlin. 

Have heard we are still in talks with McLaughlin.

Definitely my preferred choice. McGregor's reaction times are only getting slower. Would be delighted if we kept McLaughlin

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Would be a terrific signing but a 2 year deal at Hull would kill off any possibility of us signing him  I would have thought. 

It all depends on the players desire to be back home.

Players like Berra Naismith and McGregor have made their money.

And that’s why they’re with us (or linked with us in McGregors case)

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

McLaughlin to stay for me over MacGregor

It would be a terrific coup if we could retain him. 

I'm feeling more and more positive about next season. 

2 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

It all depends on the players desire to be back home.

Players like Berra Naismith and McGregor have made their money.

And that’s why they’re with us (or linked with us in McGregors case)

Yeah as you say and a 4 year deal with a view to doing coaching badges maybe sway it . 

Would be an incredible coup if it happened , but personally I don't think it will tbh 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Sydney Devine said:

Alan McGregor is looking likely to join.  4 year deal is on the table and he’s is keen.  

Do you mean Allan? Haha, fantastic news if true

Nelly Terraces
22 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm not disagreeing with your thought Scott but in terms of McLean is he the sort of player we need if the intention is to keep Steven Naismith on board. Do our present crop of back up strikers need input from two experienced forwards, when one could suggest that in addition to Naismith Kyle Lafferty is a much more experienced player than the younger back up strikers and able to pass on his experience. If I had a choice I'd prefer we were going for a striking option that is a bit younger and could immediately help out Kyle Lafferty up front. There are obviously players out there if you have scouts who know where to look and decent contacts down South, for example. I'm guessing Motherwell finding Curtis Main, for example, wasn't just a pure fluke. Just a thought, but for me the priority at this time has to be looking for a striker who can score goals rather than looknig for a striker who can pass things on to the younger players. If you are only looking for the latter then you should be looking for a person to employ now but in a coaching role, imo.

Call me a crazy motherfunker - but how about we quit talking about 'building', 'experience' and all that other shite & just sign some blokes who are fecking good? In this case, a forward who can score ffs.

AuldReekie444
4 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Call me a crazy motherfunker - but how about we quit talking about 'building', 'experience' and all that other shite & just sign some blokes who are fecking good? In this case, a forward who can score ffs.

Who. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

What, you mean like Lafferty and Naismith?

21 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

McLaughlin to stay for me over MacGregor

90% would agree but if the guy wants to move we thank him and move on.

Mcgregor would be a terrific ‘2nd choice’ though.

15 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Players who are ‘fecking good’ cost wonga chief.

Our wonga is brought in from season tickets.

Glad you’re on board ??

Nelly Terraces
15 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Glad you’re on board ??

Yeah, it's a pity we spunked all that dough on playing Martin 1000s a week not to play or ending up in low league placings. Never mind. 

Edited by Nelly Terraces

Francis Albert
35 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

What, you mean like Lafferty and Naismith?

I like him but  how many has naithsmith scored?

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I like him but  how many has naithsmith scored?

all at home, all at the school end

kilmarnock (1-1 draw)

Partick (3-0 win

aberdeen (2-0 win)

rudi must stay
46 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

90% would agree but if the guy wants to move we thank him and move on.

Mcgregor would be a terrific ‘2nd choice’ though.

Don't know. Totally different keepers, either way we'll have a great keeper between the posts

portobellojambo1
43 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Glad you’re on board ??

How much did Main cost Motherwell ?. I've not got a clue but if you were to respond saying £0, for example, it makes you wonder what sort of system/contacts Motherwell have in place down South that we appear to be lacking.

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

How much did Main cost Motherwell ?. I've not got a clue but if you were to respond saying £0, for example, it makes you wonder what sort of system/contacts Motherwell have in place down South that we appear to be lacking.

£0

mutal termination from Portsmouth to make it happen 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Who do you have in mind?

50 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Yeah, it's a pity we spunked all that dough on playing Martin 1000s a week not to play or ending up in low league placings. Never mind. 

?

I hear ya 

5 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Och I'm just going to bow out. I know Sydney and share the same circle of friends as him and was asked specifically not to share anything YET.

Why should you be " sharing" anything ?  Yet, or otherwise ?  You can't have it both ways.  It's OK for you to rebuke a poster but it's also OK for you to "share" something further down the track,at the approved time ?  Care to expand ? 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No.

I think Motherwell would play 'hard ball' ( I'm sure they call it that) and keep upping the price if we were after him

3 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Is Curtis main a target we should be looking at? Worth a fee for sure. 

He’s a horrible, cheating, diving little *****.

Francis Albert
13 hours ago, jambo1961 said:

37 pages... mostly utter shite, canny beat KB

Almost makes me nostalgic for the days when we weren't allowed to sign anyone.

Edited by Francis Albert

10 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why should you be " sharing" anything ?  Yet, or otherwise ?  You can't have it both ways.  It's OK for you to rebuke a poster but it's also OK for you to "share" something further down the track,at the approved time ?  Care to expand ? 

Give it a rest.

He had good reason to rebuke the poster.

HeartofHartley
17 hours ago, Sydney Devine said:

Alan McGregor is looking likely to join.  4 year deal is on the table and he’s is keen.  

Utter dross.

Record reporting deal signed for Maclean..........not that we didn't know already..2 year deal it seems

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hearts-seal-steven-maclean-deal-12367264

Levein  is expected to sign up to TEN new players and the Jambos are understood to be closing in on the signings of Scotland number one Allan McGregor and Cambridge United forward Uche Ikpeazu.

Edited by CJGJ

Nookie Bear
56 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Record reporting deal signed for Maclean..........not that we didn't know already..2 year deal it seems

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hearts-seal-steven-maclean-deal-12367264

Levein  is expected to sign up to TEN new players and the Jambos are understood to be closing in on the signings of Scotland number one Allan McGregor and Cambridge United forward Uche Ikpeazu.

2 yr deal?

i assume some sort of option deal to extend it beyond the first season

or perhaps the promise of a coaching contract?

Not for me but...whateva, as the kids say. 

19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

2 yr deal?

i assume some sort of option deal to extend it beyond the first season

or perhaps the promise of a coaching contract?

Not for me but...whateva, as the kids say. 

From the article:
"St Johnstone were keen for MacLean to extend his contract but proved unable to compete with the terms put forward by Hearts,

which include the opportunity to pursue his coaching aspirations in the future."

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Give it a rest.

He had good reason to rebuke the poster.

What he did do though more than any other post was to confirm serious interest in McGregor. Telling someone off confirmed it was true. So all the posts are really the same.

I always say 'don't say anything'. PM system exists to let you share 'private' business. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

What he did do though more than any other post was to confirm serious interest in McGregor. Telling someone off confirmed it was true. So all the posts are really the same.

I always say 'don't say anything'. PM system exists to let you share 'private' business. 

Cionsidering the news was out there months ago its a fuss about nothing

I posted this months ago regarding our in interest and offer

19 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I think it's time to get over that. 

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Ikpeazu reminds me of MDV.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D2WxT_rzTJ3c&ved=0ahUKEwjyroey6LzaAhVNnRQKHdkNChoQt9IBCLwBMBM&usg=AOvVaw1TQS9NUskzHDOndXZo_wKY

3 hours ago, VALDOS said:

The MaClean deal is a strange one, I would hope he is just a back up option.

If we kept Lafferty and Naismith, I suspect that might be the case.

He is solid, reliable but not top class. We are maybe in a position where we are happy with the quality of front man we have at present but less satisfies with the quantity.

I think it is similar at centre back, we have very good options but just need further cover/competition.

It's not like left back or goalie where we are going to need first choice players signed or the situation in the middle of the park where the quality needs to improve

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

I think it's time to get over that. 

Aren't we still paying Martin's wages?

If so it's not quite time to get over it.

17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Aren't we still paying Martin's wages?

If so it's not quite time to get over it.

It's just dull, if only we weren't paying Martin then we could buy blah blah blah. What about kenny Anderson who sanctioned that, what about Osh what a mistake. Heads must roll etc etc. Normally just comes back to an unnecessary dig at levein. 

I hope folk have calmed down a bit on the Mclean front, you seriously cannot expect another forward of Laffertys quality when we tend to play 1 up front? Laffs definitely on big wages so no chance we could afford to be 2 deep on those wages when the midfield is so poor! That said, I would hope we sign a 3rd younger forward to compete with the other 2.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 17:55, Jambo jambo said:

Its very strange that an Aberdeen supporter has taken the time to register onto another clubs forum.Whats your reason for that?

Its very strange that somebody would come on this board and then claim to be an employee of Hearts who used to get all the info about players when Romanov was here........but not now Craig and Ann are in charge? What's the reason for that?

I then wonder why you said you were Scott Wilson??.

What's the reason for that?

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Its very strange that somebody would come on this board and then claim to be an employee of Hearts who used to get all the info about players when Romanov was here........but not now Craig and Ann are in charge? What's the reason for that?

I then wonder why you said you were Scott Wilson??.

What's the reason for that?

+1000

Cruyff Turn
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Hard to judge how he'd do here but I actually like the look of him, a Troy Deeney type or De Vries type. 

He certainly seems like the 'other option' I'd imagine Craig Levein to be looking at. If we keep Naismith, sign Maclean, with Lafferty and young Keena, a player like him could give us a seriously strong amount of options upfront. 

Now it comes down to the supply these guys would get from the flanks and midfield.