Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Forgot all about Hamilton.   I recall the debate when he was given the jersey and the abuse some posters got on here for suggesting it may be too much too soon for him.     Looks like they were right after all.

I think with young keepers the only thing to do with them is to throw them into the deep end. It's not a position you can bring on a sub for with 20 left if you're cruising to see what he can do. We tried him, gave him game time, he just didn't look good enough. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

22 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

According to the gossip this morning, Hull want McGregor to stay and if that’s the case I think he will

Not neccesarily disagreeing with you but Ipswich wanted Berra to stay...

A players own want will always dictate.

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Forgot all about Hamilton.   I recall the debate when he was given the jersey and the abuse some posters got on here for suggesting it may be too much too soon for him.     Looks like they were right after all.

I don't remember anybody abusing posters for speculating about whether the opportunity had come too early for the laddie. I do remember Jack coming in for plenty of abuse from some folk on here as soon as Alexander was shown the door. Constantly repeating the spectacularly unfunny witticism about 'flapjack' was a particular lowpoint.

It was a wee bit like the one about Cowie's legs having gone back in 2015. 

Gigolo-Aunt
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Notts1874 said it first a few posts back. His track record is really good.

Agreed - usually on the ball.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Agreed - usually on the ball.

Unless he's full of the real ale...

5 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Unless he's full of the real ale...

Cheeky shit??.

*sent from the pub before I go to watch Burton v Derby? *

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Cheeky shit??.

*sent from the pub before I go to watch Burton v Derby? *

Isn't that the brewers derby or something?

rick witter
1 hour ago, New York Fleapit said:

Well I'm sure Mr Levein doesn't read KB either so what's the point in moaning here if , (just as you don't buy papers and don't think he reads emails) he won't be listening?

It’s all about opinions on a forum FFS 

1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

Isn't that the brewers derby or something?

Its Brewers v Derby.....Derby not known for beer production. The local paper has tried to call it the A38 derby.......hasn't caught on.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It’s all about opinions on a forum FFS 

:cornette:

Read more for context. 

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Its Brewers v Derby.....Derby not known for beer production. The local paper has tried to call it the A38 derby.......hasn't caught on.

What is Derby(shire) known for? 

54 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

According to the gossip this morning, Hull want McGregor to stay and if that’s the case I think he will

Of course they do!! He’s their number 1at the moment and playing very well 

30 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Not neccesarily disagreeing with you but Ipswich wanted Berra to stay...

A players own want will always dictate.

I watched an interview with McGregor in last 3-4 weeks and he basically said if Hull want me, ill be staying......

What is Derby(shire) known for? 

Very old connection with railways & Rolls Royce engineering - Derby.  

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Trains, Rolls Royce.....erm that's about it.

Sounds grim. 

I dated a girl from Bramcote or Beeston, can't remember which now. 

I like Nottingham girls. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Very old connection with railways & Rolls Royce engineering - Derby.  

Even older connection with Bonnie Prince Charlie

Sounds grim. 

I dated a girl from Bramcote or Beeston, can't remember which now. 

I like Nottingham girls. 

Its not too bad.

queensferryjambo
On 4/1/2018 at 10:52, queensferryjambo said:

I am not sure of the accuracy of your source but if Levein has made 3 offers one of the offers I have heard is Demetri Mitchell. Not sure if it is for a permanent deal or another loan deal for a season.

Mitchell's operation apparently went really well and all continuing well he may even feature for us again before the end of the season. 

As I was told at the time one of the 3 offers was to Demetri Mitchell. It was only an offer and could be easily turned down but I would suggest if he returns on loan for the end of this season there must still be a very good chance he could return on loan next season. I would think if he wasn't considering coming back next season he just wouldn't return to Hearts this season.

All going well as predicted he could play for Hearts again before the end of the season which would be ideal for us.  

Hearts hope Demetri Mitchell will return before season’s end

Barry Anderson
4-5 minutes

933279165?-347:821
Demetri Mitchell suffered a knee injury last month
Demetri Mitchell suffered a knee injury last month

Published: 06:32 Saturday 14 April 2018

Hearts hope to welcome on-loan defender Demetri Mitchell back from injury before the season ends. The player is running again after returning to parent club Manchester United last month with a torn meniscus tendon.

He was ruled out for around eight weeks with the injury at the start of March, casting doubt over whether he would wear a maroon shirt again before his loan ends next month.

Hearts manager Craig Levein is encouraged by the player’s progress after consultations with staff at Old Trafford. Mitchell will remain in England to finish rehabilitation but might be ready to play for the Edinburgh club towards the end of the Premiership’s top-six finale.

“He’s getting on well since he’s been back running. We’re hoping he might manage a couple of games before the end of the season,” reported Levein. “We hoped he would be able to play for us again but we weren’t sure, and we still aren’t certain. We’ll have to wait and see.

“The intention is to get him back up and get him involved before the season finishes. He is doing all his rehab down at Manchester United. In a situation like this, that’s what normally happens. The player goes back to his parent club for treatment. We’re keen on getting him back up here.”

Mitchell quickly established himself as an important member of Levein’s team after signing his loan agreement in January. He provided a short-term solution to Hearts’ perennial left-back problem and the injury came just as the 21-year-old was hitting top form.

“Aaron Hughes has done well at left-back and Marcus Godinho did well at left wing-back on Saturday against Aberdeen, so we’re muddling on,” added Levein.

“It seems like that’s been the case in that position for quite a while, so hopefully Demetri can come back and give the team a bit more balance.”

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I hope you're right. But I'm still holding out hope we get McLaughlin tied down long term.

I don't think money is the sole issue with JM although, as Levein admits, we can't compete with offers he has received.  I believe JM wants to return to England and persuading him otherwise could be difficult.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

McLaughlin has done very well. But he is standard in England. Look at Carson. Playing for Hartlepool last year. Look South again and deep. Plenty of cheap quality keepers 

merseyjambo

As far as goalies are concerned, what about bringing Woodman in on loan from Newcastle as a 12 month option.

i know Lewis is back and fit for Aberdeen but after Woodman’s performances I don’t know why they have put Lewis back between sticks.

He looked pretty good when he was at Killie last season as well

Sow not even on the bench today for MK Dons, he hasn't featured in a month now.

I wonder if he could be tempted back in the summer?

13 minutes ago, andrew said:

Sow not even on the bench today for MK Dons, he hasn't featured in a month now.

I wonder if he could be tempted back in the summer?

He's been injured. But yes if he came back. 

2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

As far as goalies are concerned, what about bringing Woodman in on loan from Newcastle as a 12 month option.

i know Lewis is back and fit for Aberdeen but after Woodman’s performances I don’t know why they have put Lewis back between sticks.

He looked pretty good when he was at Killie last season as well

Not convinced about Woodman although he is still very young in goalkeeping terms.

He seems to be down the pecking order at Newcastle after Dubravka, Elliott and Darlow.  I could not see the latter two willing to sit on the bench so it'll be interesting to see what happens there come the end of the season.

scott herbertson

I thought (and said) we should have gone for McLean when we went down to championship. He loooks like a quality guy who has learned a lot nd could pass it on. Bone and Clark were thought to be passed it but there’s no doubt they did wonders particularly for Robbos  career 

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I thought (and said) we should have gone for McLean when we went down to championship. He loooks like a quality guy who has learned a lot nd could pass it on. Bone and Clark were thought to be passed it but there’s no doubt they did wonders particularly for Robbos  career 

:thumb:

19 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

You can't seriously be comparing Bone & Clarke with this guy. They were  both miles better. 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You can't seriously be comparing Bone & Clarke with this guy. They were  both miles better. 

You do realise that in saying they're better than him, you're also comparing them yourself?

Sydney Devine
54 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not convinced about Woodman although he is still very young in goalkeeping terms.

He seems to be down the pecking order at Newcastle after Dubravka, Elliott and Darlow.  I could not see the latter two willing to sit on the bench so it'll be interesting to see what happens there come the end of the season.

Alan McGregor is looking likely to join.  4 year deal is on the table and he’s is keen.  

chester copperpot
11 minutes ago, Sydney Devine said:

Alan McGregor is looking likely to join.  4 year deal is on the table and he’s is keen.  

Shouldn't be sharing that on here. I dunno what your source is but it's not 4yrs. Defo not.

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You do realise that in saying they're better than him, you're also comparing them yourself?

:thumb: I like you. Shame we don't have "rep" to give any more. 

Just now, chester copperpot said:

Shouldn't be sharing that on here. I dunno what your source is but it's not 4yrs. Defo not.

Why should he not share mate?

You do.

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

If he can't share it (and you say it isn't true anyway) why should you be allowed to contradict him ? 

chester copperpot
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

If he can't share it (and you say it isn't true anyway) why should you be allowed to contradict him ? 

Och I'm just going to bow out. I know Sydney and share the same circle of friends as him and was asked specifically not to share anything YET.

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Not that information he hasn't.

I have not went into specifics about McGregor at any point mate. Was asked specifically not to. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

:thumb: I like you. Shame we don't have "rep" to give any more. 

Feel free to give me crap instead! ;)

He's a good player, he might not have flown high in his career but I like him, and everyone who knows him says how great he is with youngsters.

I have no problem with this move. 

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Not that information he hasn't.

No.

Not that information.

Just a tad hypocritical to try and silence others when you’re happy to share titbits yourself, I felt.

chester copperpot
4 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

No.

Not that information.

Just a tad hypocritical to try and silence others when you’re happy to share titbits yourself, I felt.

Mate, it's cool to share titbits and stuff but to go into specifics can scupper potential deals.

Apologies if I was a bit of a dick. Not my intentions.

21 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I have not went into specifics about McGregor at any point mate. Was asked specifically not to. 

Lol wut?

I read you all last Summer long telling the board about his intentions. Via his friend we even read about his house move from you.

Even as recently as a few weeks back you were relaying what you’d heard regarding his situation.

Might not come across this way but I’m not having a go. Rumours and what people have heard make up a large part of what people come on here for. I’d never have a go at someone for posting what they’d heard. Neither would I ask them to keep it quiet. ??

Edited by Highways and Byways

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Apologies if I was a bit of a dick. Not my intentions.

Likewise.

✌️

30 minutes ago, Sydney Devine said:

So from reading between the lines, you’re onto something Sydney.

:yas:

No surprises here, I’ve already stated I expected him to sign for us.

i wish jj was my dad

Liking what I am reading about McGregor. Maybe we won't have folk tossing and turning all night at the thought of Jack being number one next season. 

9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If Hull want a McGregor to stay we have no chance , surely? 

As said earlier, we said similarly with Berra and Ipswich.

He may not support the club like Christophe did, although he was a fan as a boy and I’m willing to forget the Calum Elliot karate kick ?, but should he want a move up the road we’ll be an attractive option for him.

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I'm not disagreeing with your thought Scott but in terms of McLean is he the sort of player we need if the intention is to keep Steven Naismith on board. Do our present crop of back up strikers need input from two experienced forwards, when one could suggest that in addition to Naismith Kyle Lafferty is a much more experienced player than the younger back up strikers and able to pass on his experience. If I had a choice I'd prefer we were going for a striking option that is a bit younger and could immediately help out Kyle Lafferty up front. There are obviously players out there if you have scouts who know where to look and decent contacts down South, for example. I'm guessing Motherwell finding Curtis Main, for example, wasn't just a pure fluke. Just a thought, but for me the priority at this time has to be looking for a striker who can score goals rather than looknig for a striker who can pass things on to the younger players. If you are only looking for the latter then you should be looking for a person to employ now but in a coaching role, imo.

Edited by portobellojambo1

3 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

As said earlier, we said similarly with Berra and Ipswich.

He may not support the club like Christophe did, although he was a fan as a boy and I’m willing to forget the Calum Elliot karate kick ?, but should he want a move up the road we’ll be an attractive option for him.

Would be a terrific signing but a 2 year deal at Hull would kill off any possibility of us signing him  I would have thought.