Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

Absolute Scenes
22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There had, allegedly, no written proof or sworn statements under oath from both AB and CL forthcoming , been some kind of situation which was apparently resolved. It may have led to him being sold.  No further written proof I'm afraid but it was well discussed on  here at the time.

You just defeated your own argument by saying there was no proof

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

Escobar PHM
39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

When the young player goes up for a header, will he be strapped to the mentor, like in a tandem jump??  Something that will require to be worked on extensively at Riccarton if so.

'lifting' or assisting a jump will be an indirect free kick for the opposition.

35 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

When the young player goes up for a header, will he be strapped to the mentor, like in a tandem jump??  Something that will require to be worked on extensively at Riccarton if so.

I heard CL is implementing ingame mentoring at Riccarton the process will be the mentor and the mentee can discuss the situation when the game is in play.  The youngsters will learn a lot and the mentor will get to take it easy during a match situation.

Good news is for the mentors they dont have to turn up and work on things midweek in training with the coaching staff I mean god forbid some coaches would actually coach.

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Perfectly  happy? You?

I'm delighted, pal! Just got a healthy wage rise, a tax rebate and the Mrs sorted me out last night! 

You seem a decent sort, why the random dig at me? 

On topic, though. Although not overjoyed at signing a 36yo striker, even as back up, I can see the logic. how do you feel?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
52 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You prove my comment is wrong. It's ok for you to make a comment but I have to provide proof for mine.!!

Aye

5 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

I'm delighted, pal! Just got a healthy wage rise, a tax rebate and the Mrs sorted me out last night! 

You seem a decent sort, why the random dig at me? 

On topic, though. Although not overjoyed at signing a 36yo striker, even as back up, I can see the logic. how do you feel?

Good on yeh.

on the subject of the 36 year old striker, I personally ain’t overjoyed about it and if it’s more for the coaching side I don’t see why we need Daly there then.

surely he is better equipped seeing as he was in the running to be our first team manager at one point?

Edited by 1874robbo

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Good on yeh.

Nothing to add then and you can't curb your petted lip.

You're not worth the time. 

12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Ignore him, there was no situation.

there was paper talk that Sunderland wanted him and Levein actually came out and said it was false, so just ignore anything he posts

He seems very keen to perpetuate the rumour mill regarding our top scorer.

Enzo Chiefo
9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Aw yeah, the situation where apparently he was being sold....but then Levein actually came forward to confirm it was all untrue

Missed that bit out didn't ye

What was he going to say?? Not saying it's true but itk posters confirmed something had happened.  Levein denying it is neither here nor there on the likelihood of it being true or untrue. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Levein did say two strikers and to keep naismith. If we lose naismith then expect someone to come in to replace him. Midfield is what I'm interested in. Need some real quality in the engine room.

Exactly keep the budget intact where its needed most. As I said on Buaben, wouldn't necessarily offer him  a new contract myself, but if he agrees to reduced terms he can still be back up better than what you might be able to afford.

Folk really need to understand its just not like a visit to Tesco.

2 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Nothing to add then and you can't curb your petted lip.

You're not worth the time. 

Ok

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What was he going to say?? Not saying it's true but itk posters confirmed something had happened.  Levein denying it is neither here nor there on the likelihood of it being true or untrue. 

You said he was on the verge of being punted...which was categorically wrong. There were a few offers that had apparently come in and Levein said he had no intention of selling our top goal scorer (which you all of a sudden seem keen to have a negative light on...hmmm)

Levein denying means it didn't happen. If something did happen he would have said it had but confirmed it had been sorted.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

He seems very keen to perpetuate the rumour mill regarding our top scorer.

very suspect indeed

Captain Canada
4 hours ago, ford donald said:

It's obviously to me CL is bringing him in as a mentor for the younger strikers,Don't see a problem with that,age is a number.

It's not just his age though. He's scored 5 goals this season and even in a poor St. Johnstone team, that's not great. 

Sammon has scored more playing for the bottom of the league side. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The problems that existed with Lafferty were sorted. Not difficult to recognise the change in bad body language in December and what it has been since his return from suspension.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What do people make of Paul Gallacher on a playing contract?

He's an emergency keeper. Big deal.

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Well, wage feef obviously!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He's an emergency keeper. Big deal.

ssshhhhh, don't tell anyone,. Steven is an emergency striker :) 

sairyinthat
30 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You just defeated your own argument by saying there was no proof

But is it possible to beat innuendo?

Ron Burgundy
41 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

he means me.

usual shit banter by the weatherman.

You hoping Hibs finish above Rangers Tosh? Hoping for second ?

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Rents said:

We should not be signing players who are happy to sit on the bench and that is one of my issues. 

you are thinking from only our perspective.

any decent player at their peak isn't

going to join us as lafferty/ Naismith would be very hard if not impossible to shift.

the young lads will improve and push on but we clearly need a decent option from the bench. MacLean fits that.

we can't afford to have 3/4 strikers on £3-5k a week fighting for 1 or at best two spots, nor would the player losing out stick around. 

common sense dicates we'll have two quality options, an experienced third with a few youngsters to push.

the midfield area is the part that needs improvement, folk getting angry/ upset at our 3rd choice striker -choice, imo need to get a grip , take a step back and think about the bigger picture and where Hearts are in that.

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

johnking123
5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

going to join us as lafferty/ Naismith would be very hard if not impossible to shift.

the young lads will improve and push on but we clearly need a decent option from the bench. MacLean fits that.

we can't afford to have 3/4 strikers on £3-5k a week fighting for 1 or at best two spots. not would the player losing out stick around. 

common sense dicates we'll have two quality options, an experienced third with a few youngsters to push.

the midfield area is the part that needs improvement, folk getting angry/ upset at our 3rd choice striker -choice, imo need to get a grip , take a step back and think about the bigger picture and where Hearts are in that.

Spot on

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You hoping Hibs finish above Rangers Tosh? Hoping for second ?

Aberdeen 2nd please.

don't care what way hibs/ rangers end up.

hibs will get papped out of Europe quickly, so no biggy if they do qualit5y. I'm confident we'll catch them next season, they don't haunt me like they do some on here.

rangers , I don't want them to qualify for the Europa league group stages.

killie 3rd would be pleasing or 4th is best option atm.

I don't think about hibs until folk like you bring them up tbh, unless we are playing them ofc.

If hating rangers and all what they stand for makes me a hibs sympathiser, I'll sleep easy. don't worry your cotton socks about it.

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

we can't afford to have 3/4 strikers on £3-5k a week fighting for 1 or at best two spots. not would the player losing out stick around. 

Nail on the head

1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Aberdeen 2nd please.

hibs will get lapped out of Europe quickly, so no night if the quality. I'm confident we'll catch them next season, they don't haunt me like they do some on here

killie 3rd would be pleasing or 4th.

I don't think about hibs until folk like you bring them up tbh, unless we are playing them off.

If hating rangers and all what they stand for makes me a hibs sympathiser, I'll sleep easy. don't worry your cotton socks about it.

Far too much like common sense for this place.

5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I see your point about a backup but its my opinion that the backup has to be able to fit into the team in case of injuries/suspension and dip of form. Lafferty is now in a position where he can have a dip in form as he has no real challenger for his job. Two main strikers someone to challenge them and a youngster is my preference. I bet you something for nothing that both Shalke and Bowman will look for the same wage and have that drive and willingness to get into the team. 

So Lafferty gets injured and in comes maclean he wont exactly be busting a gut as he knows he will be out of the team soon enough for me it does not set the right tone mentality wise and in fact is a bad example for the youngsters. No player should be certain of a starting berth you have to earn the "first name on the teamsheet" place. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Aberdeen 2nd please.

hibs will get lapped out of Europe quickly, so no night if the quality. I'm confident we'll catch them next season, they don't haunt me like they do some on here

killie 3rd would be pleasing or 4th.

I don't think about hibs until folk like you bring them up tbh, unless we are playing them off.

I'll go Rangers for 2nd. In the grand scheme of things the 2nd money isn't going to affect too much with their penchant for stupid finance, whilst relatively it will help Aberdeen and Hibs.

McInnes has already made noises to that effect.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Rents said:

I see your point about a backup but its my opinion that the backup has to be able to fit into the team in case of injuries/suspension and dip of form. Lafferty is now in a position where he can have a dip in form as he has no real challenger for his job. Two main strikers someone to challenge them and a youngster is my preference. I bet you something for nothing that both Shalke and Bowman will look for the same wage and have that drive and willingness to get into the team. 

So Lafferty gets injured and in comes maclean he wont exactly be busting a gut as he knows he will be out of the team soon enough for me it does not set the right tone mentality wise and in fact is a bad example for the youngsters. No player should be certain of a starting berth you have to earn the "first name on the teamsheet" place. 

That's an idyllic world that Craig Levein does not have the luxury of. If we want players of that quality (Lafferty/Naismith) they are not going to look at us as one of the crew, they want responsibility and kudos.

But lets be fair Lafferty did get dropped and that seems to be the period where difficulties materialised. Since he is back as first name on the teamsheet I have been really happy with the level he has been at, what I was expecting from him. He didn't quite ragdoll the latest media darling McKenna on Saturday, but he did give him a very hard time

Edited by Sir Gio

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I'll go Rangers for 2nd. In the grand scheme of things the 2nd money isn't going to affect too much with their penchant for stupid finance, whilst relatively it will help Aberdeen and Hibs.

McInnes has already made noises to that effect.

rangers 2nd is fine as Long as they get papped out of Europe.

the league stages would be a lifeline for them.

anyway , we can still get 5th so either kille to catch hibs or lose every game.?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

rangers 2nd is fine as Long as they get papped out of Europe.

the league stages would be a lifeline for them.

anyway , we can still get 5th so either kille to catch hibs or lose every game.?

Naturally we don't want Rangers to do well in Europe. How many rounds do they all have to negotiate this year whilst we try out the Whiskey Trail again?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Rents said:

we don't have the prestige or cash for that, not If we want Naismith  type signings.

we are relaying on the players professionalism to do his best when called upon, we'll also still have young, hungry players around.

really is about balance.

youth, experience 

quality v squad depth v keeping players happy.

he's not an exciting signing, but as 3rd choice and given his personal ambition it seems a good fit.

Cowie and Miller show that you can still be an effective player in the veteran stage.

nothing to get excited about, but nothing to be getting angry or concerned about either.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Naturally we don't want Rangers to do well in Europe. How many rounds do they all have to negotiate this year whilst we try out the Whiskey Trail again?

34 I think it is for Scottish teams now.

play v a team from Saturn to qualify.

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Absolute Scenes
Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

we don't have the prestige or cash for that, not If we want Naismith  type signings.

we are relaying on the players professionalism to do his best when called upon, we'll also still have young, hungry players around.

really is about balance.

youth, experience 

quality v squad depth v keeping players happy.

he's not an exciting signing, but as 3rd choice and given his personal ambition it seems a good fit.

Cowie and Miller show that you can still be an effective player in the veteran stage.

nothing to get excited about, but nothing to be getting angry or concerned about either.

great post

IveSeenTheLight
13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Were on the brink of all joining the first qualifying round, so may depend on the seedings get one team into the 2nd qualifying round (not checked)

Here's the dates

June
12 June: Preliminary round draw, Nyon
19 June: First & second qualifying round draws, Nyon
28 June: Preliminary round, first leg

July
5 July: Preliminary round, second leg
12 July: First qualifying round, first leg
19 July: First qualifying round, second leg
23 July: Third qualifying round draw, Nyon
26 July: Second qualifying round, first leg

August
2 August: Second qualifying round, second leg
6 August: Play-off round draw, Nyon
9 August: Third qualifying round, first leg
16 August: Third qualifying round, second leg
23 August: Play-off round, first leg
30 August: Play-off round, second leg
31 August: Group stage draw, Monaco

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Were on the brink of all joining the first qualifying round, so may depend on the seedings get one team into the 2nd qualifying round (not checked)

Here's the dates

June
12 June: Preliminary round draw, Nyon
19 June: First & second qualifying round draws, Nyon
28 June: Preliminary round, first leg

July
5 July: Preliminary round, second leg
12 July: First qualifying round, first leg
19 July: First qualifying round, second leg
23 July: Third qualifying round draw, Nyon
26 July: Second qualifying round, first leg

August
2 August: Second qualifying round, second leg
6 August: Play-off round draw, Nyon
9 August: Third qualifying round, first leg
16 August: Third qualifying round, second leg
23 August: Play-off round, first leg
30 August: Play-off round, second leg
31 August: Group stage draw, Monaco

Cheers. Makes finishing 6th almost worthwhile. Oh and I know you love my Aberdeen gossip. Aston Villa for McKenna in the summer for decent cash, apparently this nugget came from some fitness bloke

Edited by Sir Gio

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Lovecraft said:

I would prefer Aberdeen 2nd, Hibs or Kille 3rd and Rangers not in Europe at all.

Motherwell need to win the Scottish cup to put SevCo out.

Can't see Killie making up 11 points out of 18 available on SevCo

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Motherwell need to win the Scottish cup to put SevCo out.

Can't see Killie making up 11 points out of 18 available on SevCo

Ah, yeah.  Forgot about Scottish Cup.  Bugger.

You're right.  Not happening.

Best to hope for is them to enter at earliest stages then.

Hibs will get papped out regardless as they will lose their midfield in the summer.

MaskedMarauder
6 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Can I be so bold as to as ask what made you follow Mrs L in the first place ? 

I’m a straight female so probably not the reasons you have in your mind for me doing so ? 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

He was signed on a Player/Coach contract.

Is McLean on the same deal?

IveSeenTheLight
15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cheers. Makes finishing 6th almost worthwhile. Oh and I know you love my Aberdeen gossip. Aston Villa for McKenna in the summer for decent cash, apparently this nugget came from some fitness bloke

I wouldn't be surprised if offers came in for McKenna.

Contracted till 2023, so would need to be a decent offer.

[edit]Is this dependent on them gaining promotion?[/edit]

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wild stab in the dark, I think any deal for a 35yo with a gammy knee, is not one we are putting the mortgage on making us a better first XI. Common sense tells you that. Leveins interview recently regarding Hughes, Cowie etc, he was quite clear, these players are invaluable when they spend time with youngsters as a bridge from management, who they are less keen to approach. Any walk of life that is the case.

I am not getting wet in excitement about him signing nor am I soiling myself with rage. A low cost option that somewhere in our set up will add value

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I wouldn't be surprised if offers came in for McKenna.

Contracted till 2023, so would need to be a decent offer.

[edit]Is this dependent on them gaining promotion?[/edit]

I guess he will appear on clubs of that ilks lists. If they go up they will probably go higher up the list

rudi must stay

Wild stab in the dark, I think any deal for a 35yo with a gammy knee, is not one we are putting the mortgage on making us a better first XI. Common sense tells you that. Leveins interview recently regarding Hughes, Cowie etc, he was quite clear, these players are invaluable when they spend time with youngsters as a bridge from management, who they are less keen to approach. Any walk of life that is the case.

I am not getting wet in excitement about him signing nor am I soiling myself with rage. A low cost option that somewhere in our set up will add value

Similar to John Rankin in the youths A good guy with a great attitude 

Edited by rudi must stay

IveSeenTheLight

I guess he will appear on clubs of that ilks lists. If they go up they will probably go higher up the list

Possibly.

Best young Scottish Centre Back at the moment ;) 

sairyinthat
29 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I would prefer Aberdeen 2nd, Hibs or Kille 3rd and Rangers not in Europe at all.

Having given the worst possible doing in their life they will never ever recover from.I now look for us being responsible for them failing to make a European place.I want them pushed down into at least Fifth by seasons end.