Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

Escobar PHM

So folk are so willing to accept everything Levein does that losing Lafferty in the summer wouldn't even raise a ripple of concern with some folk. I despair I really do.

BobbyJenkins
6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

So folk are so willing to accept everything Levein does that losing Lafferty in the summer wouldn't even raise a ripple of concern with some folk. I despair I really do.

Its not that, its just that folk arent blaming Levein for everything and understand that shit happens and its not always someones fault. 

1 hour ago, Bez said:

No. Are you drunk mate? You’ve totally lost me. 

I am a Hibs sympathiser and you think I might have multiple profiles? :lol:

You need to calm down a bit mate. All over the place these days. Very aggressive as well. 

Ron Burgundy

I heard a Fulham player on the radar, no more info than that. I'm sure some of the more ITK posters could elaborate.

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Kenny Anderson is now playing amateur football in the 4th tier of Dutch football - worth a punt? ::troll::

Only 26. Perhaps wait another 10 years? :ninja:

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Everyone needs help - even experienced players - but do agree with you.

I would prefer to see leaders who 'mentor' by playing well and showing attitudes on the pitch that young players can aspire to.

Sandy Jardine gets mentioned (Quite rightly, as he was tremendous) but he played every week alongside Levein. Jimmy Bone and Sandy Clark also played every week alongside Robbo.

Hughes, McLean and Cowie are all cited as mentors, but none of them are likely to play regularly.

Totally agree NB but would also add - and sorry to appear to be beating the same old drum (it'll be the last time, honest) but I must say that the deliberate "passing" on signing the best potential player/coach we ever had in Rudi Skacel really sticks in my craw.

I find it incredible that other than myself, no-one appears to want to pick up on the utter incongruity of that now gone possibility when viewed against all the crap written on here regarding the potential mentorial abilities of the likes of Hughes McLean Cowie et al (especially by those that have the audacity to use RC in some way in their user names/avatars etc) Some folk appear to have very short memories.

Geoff Kilpatrick
27 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Where's the part about losing Lafferty come into this? If we do, I would want a direct replacement for him and I don't consider McLean an appropriate replacement at all.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I wonder about the sanity of some on here....

If people cannot see the reasons for the potential signing of MacLean, then they should take up croquet. It is totally low risk, with potential benefits that are obvious to anyone with a clue.

A replacement for Lafferty :rofl:

Oh oh Naismith must be leaving. :rofl:

Listen up. Lafferty is going nowhere and I'm confident Naismith will be here as well next season. 

So quit panicking, ditch the conspiracy theories and engage your brains before posting shit. 

There have been many fair points put forward on here as to why McLean would be a decent signing, and quite a few pointing out why he wouldn;t be.

If you cannot see why signing a 35-yr old St Johnstone striker, after the season we have just had and where we don't know if we have guys like Naismith next season, is causing negative feedback then may i kindly ask you to engage your brains before posting shit.

Or just stick to innuendoes.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Totally agree NB but would also add - and sorry to appear to be beating the same old drum (it'll be the last time, honest) but I must say that the deliberate "passing" on signing the best potential player/coach we ever had in Rudi Skacel really sticks in my craw.

I find it incredible that other than myself, no-one appears to want to pick up on the utter incongruity of that now gone possibility when viewed against all the crap written on here regarding the potential mentorial abilities of the likes of Hughes McLean Cowie et al (especially by those that have the audacity to use RC in some way in their user names/avatars etc) Some folk appear to have very short memories.

Aye well, i suppose the Head Coach needs to be able to work with his team and perhaps thought Rudi was not the best fit.

Plus, having a hero sitting behind an inexperienced Robbie Neilson might have been an uncomfortable situation for him (Robbie)

46 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Hey Bez. When you go out at the weekend and get aggressive and accusatory face to face with folk, do they punch your lights out, or dismiss you as a fool ?

Or is it just on here you behave like that ?

:lol:

Hi Escobar. I’m pretty charming and funny so it never usually comes to that. :thumbsup:

If true it seems like Levein has a clear plan of what he intends to do this Summer and is setting about it. 

More confident than ever that we’ll be ready in August, fitter and with the squad in better shape.

A focussed and motivated Craig Levein as Hearts manager :clyay:

Watch us go.

Was considering posting a message seething with my disappointment at this underwhelming signing, particularly way before we've concluded all our transfer business for next season but can see that's been covered extensively already. 

I'll wait a few months before I express thoughts on whether I think our recruitment for next season is going to be good enough. Bit boring I know. 

jamboinglasgow
35 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I heard a Fulham player on the radar, no more info than that. I'm sure some of the more ITK posters could elaborate.

They say anything more except being a fulham

36 years old in August :lol: I would much rather we signed promising younger players, we already have loads of coaches at the club - isn't it their job to mentor the young players?  Jon Daly is younger ffs.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

It helps if you have an older player talk you though a game. 

When the mentor is out does the young player drop out too? 

A team of passed it guys in the mid 30’s guiding laddies who aren’t ready for first team football without being spoken through every minute of the game :laugh:

The buzzwords our supporters will lap up to pretend we are going in the right direction is laughable. 

Edited by DougieHMFC

2 minutes ago, Bez said:

Hacked... :rofl:

That must be it m8. :thumbsup:

It's the only explanation I can give you. I've changed my passwords now so that should be the end of that. 

You backing anything in the national?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 hours ago, Morgan01 said:

So Buaben deal

Yes or No

Not squad player excuse, would you give him a deal?

Depends if we can get better at the price 

This thread is horrific

Stay on topic. Keep your petty handbags chat for the shed or send your lover a PM 

Lafferty going nowhere btw

Escobar PHM
14 minutes ago, DougieHMFC said:

When the mentor is out does the young player drop out too? 

A team of passed it guys in the mid 30’s guiding laddies who aren’t ready for first team football without being guided through every minute of the game :laugh:

The buzzwords our supporters will lap up to pretend we are going in the right direction is laughable. 

The SPFL are introducing 'mentor' rules next season. Every player under 20 will be able to have a mentor attached to him by a tether not more than 3 metres in length. The mentor can only speak to the young player. He cannot touch the ball, make tackles or influence play in any way other than by verbal direction to his young player. If the mentor gets sent off, the young player has to go to, and vice versa. As innovators, we are well down the road on our mentoring programme and hope to have our tethers sponsored by Screwitup

Edited by Escobar PHM

BobbyJenkins

The experts on here regarding young player development and the impact of experienced players on that development... astounding. 

Jambo jambo
8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

This thread is horrific

Stay on topic. Keep your petty handbags chat for the shed or send your lover a PM 

What do you know about the McLean deal?

Naismith and Lafferty with McClean and Keena as back up options could work out well. McClean is a talented player and his experience can only be a good thing for us, the main concern would be his fitness as he has had his fair share of injuries in the past few years.

Escobar PHM
8 minutes ago, Jambo jambo said:

What do you know about the McLean deal?

He rubbished it yesterday. I'm therefore convinced its not happening.

johnking123

Levein did say two strikers and to keep naismith. If we lose naismith then expect someone to come in to replace him. Midfield is what I'm interested in. Need some real quality in the engine room.

Absolute Scenes
23 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

This thread is horrific

The Lafferty thing came from a handful of dressed up pansies who actually believed MacLean was a replacement for Lafferty.

It's chronic

31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Proof

You prove my comment is wrong. It's ok for you to make a comment but I have to provide proof for mine.!!

Enzo Chiefo
15 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

The SPFL are introducing 'mentor' rules next season. Every player under 20 will be able to have a mentor attached to him by a tether not more than 3 metres in length. The mentor can only speak to the young player. He cannot touch the ball, make tackles or influence play in any way other than by verbal direction to his young player. If the mentor gets sent off, the young player has to go to, and vice versa. As innovators, we are well down the road on our mentoring programme and hope to have our tethers sponsored by Screwitup

When the young player goes up for a header, will he be strapped to the mentor, like in a tandem jump??  Something that will require to be worked on extensively at Riccarton if so.

Enzo Chiefo
12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The Lafferty thing came from a handful of dressed up pansies who actually believed MacLean was a replacement for Lafferty.

It's chronic

No, the Lafferty thing came from the situation in January where he was on the brink of being punted. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, the Lafferty thing came from the situation in January where he was on the brink of being punted. 

What situation?

Bridge of Djoum
9 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Dear dear Fidel!! Still the same shit poster after your name change.

I like a name change. Which was your favorite?

Why so bitter? 

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

What situation?

There had, allegedly, no written proof or sworn statements under oath from both AB and CL forthcoming , been some kind of situation which was apparently resolved. It may have led to him being sold.  No further written proof I'm afraid but it was well discussed on  here at the time.

7 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

I like a name change. Which was your favorite?

Why so bitter? 

I like the one you have now, it suits.

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There had, allegedly, no written proof or sworn statements under oath from both AB and CL forthcoming , been some kind of situation which was apparently resolved. It may have led to him being sold.  No further written proof I'm afraid but it was well discussed on  here at the time.

So a rumour that was s***e kind of situation?

I'm struggling to work out the significance of that and where we are today 4 months later?

Sounds very much to me like mischief making by some. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

So a rumour that was s***e kind of situation?

Same as the rumour about McLean bring s**te on here less than 24hrs ago? An itk poster confirmed in Jan that there had indeed been a  situation but they were hopeful of resolving it.  

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I like the one you have now, it suits.

I may keep it then!

Why so bitter? life got you down??

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Come on you're not stupid, a hibs sympathiser yes but not daft.

3 hours ago, Bez said:

:yas:

Plz explain how I am a “Hibs sympathiser”.

he means me.

usual shit banter by the weatherman.

SO a rumour in January is now being used to start another rumour in April about our top scorer leaving the club??

I see.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Dont think anyone thinks that, The issue is spending circa 100k per year on a 36 year old striker who is shite, but will be a mentor to our young strikers! Surely Daly and Kirk can "mentor" any strikers that require mentoring? 

he'll also be back up.

kirk and daly can't be that anymore.

3 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

It Really is that simple.

That is the best forward line outside of Celtic.

We already have the best defence outside of them.

As you say, the major surgery is in the midfield, where we do need 2/3 quality players on top of what we have and really need to let a couple go.

The midfield needs pace, creativity a left side and a bit of depth. 

Quality players ( strikers) won't be lining up to play for us to sit on the bench and get paid less than £1.5k a week.

We should not be signing players who are happy to sit on the bench and that is one of my issues. 

4 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

I may keep it then!

Why so bitter? life got you down??

Perfectly  happy? You?

Absolute Scenes
32 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

What situation?

Ignore him, there was no situation.

there was paper talk that Sunderland wanted him and Levein actually came out and said it was false, so just ignore anything he posts

Absolute Scenes
35 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aw yeah, the situation where apparently he was being sold....but then Levein actually came forward to confirm it was all untrue

Missed that bit out didn't ye