Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

Thought Police

Where’s the McLean chat coming from? Just cause some journalist said we were in for an out of contract striker?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Where’s the McLean chat coming from? Just cause some journalist said we were in for an out of contract striker?

I'd have thought that he'd have been worth a punt in the last few summers, Easton as well, when out of contract at StJ. 

steady spl players, presumably on affordable wages. 

surely only a a backup now & join the ever expending youthful coaching setup..

Bridge of Djoum
58 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Think I’ll take the crazy approach of waiting to see who we do sign, and then how they perform in a Hearts shirt before passing judgement.

But alas, clearly this thread isn’t for me.

giphy.gif

That's some radical shit right there.

24 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Talking about drama queens posting their usual shite (some with nothing to contribute to the actual subject) ............and one is sure to appear

No drama queenery here me old spud.   Just enjoying the likes of you emptying your bowels over nothing.    

The truth is that you and your like have virtually zero in common with real supporters.    Your brand of reactionary hyperbole has no relevance to any true football fan.    You're a joke.    A circus clown show.      An embarrassment.

1 hour ago, New York Fleapit said:

I bet she's ******* delighted at this news.

She's absolutely distraught

Even offered to buy the season ticket for me

I'm hoping Mr Levein pulls a few rabbits out his hat in recruitment and convinces me to go watch his football 

Happy wife.....happy life 

Bridge of Djoum
35 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Ive met the guy once, we were both drunk on holiday in a foreign country. He was perfectly pleasant, as was I. Outwith that 2 hour experience I don't know the man at all.

I don't want him to be Hearts manager. I don't think we'll progress under him. I think he's made too many mistakes. Its been done to death and I am not alone in thinking this. My personal opinion of him as a person is actually quite positive but very limited and utterly irrelevant.

Stopped reading at irrelevant.

Escobar PHM
Just now, Victorian said:

No drama queenery here me old spud.   Just enjoying the likes of you emptying your bowels over nothing.    

The truth is that you and your like have virtually zero in common with real supporters.    Your brand of reactionary hyperbole has no relevance to any true football fan.    You're a joke.    A circus clown show.      An embarrassment.

Theres a topic here mate. If you've got nothing to add it to it ( and so far you've added 3 or 4 petty insults only) then duck out for a while, theres a chap.

Noticed the following when I googled Maclean. Maybe Levein is looking for him to primarily help develop Keena whilst providing some low cost depth up front. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43552709

"It's great to be back playing alongside someone like Macca. He's helped me for many years now. He's such a good player and is always talking to me.

"During training he's always giving me wee hints about where I should be positioning my body and where I should be taking my touches.

"He's a great guy and is always trying to help me out as much as he can."

28 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Naismith staying is very much on the agenda . Make no mistake there

That would be excellent 

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm sure he cares Mitch

Signing players that ae at the end of their career isn't what Hearts should be all about unless they were superstars.

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Theres a topic here mate. If you've got nothing to add it to it ( and so far you've added 3 or 4 petty insults only) then duck out for a while, theres a chap.

Nah.  I'll decide on my input.

Bridge of Djoum
29 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Levein out if this happens. I can't believe he'd sign Mclean.

You are in the Levein out camp whatever happens.

Bore off, kiddo.

Jambo jambo
29 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Any truth in this McLean rumour?

Absolute Scenes
30 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Daza delivers again!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, mitch41 said:

Signing players that ae at the end of their career isn't what Hearts should be all about unless they were superstars.

You know the square root of diddly squat. 

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:yas:

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Nah.  I'll decide on my input.

As is your right if your within the rules. I'll also reserve the right to decide my input without being called a clown, if you don't mind.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

As is your right if your within the rules. I'll also reserve the right to decide my input without being called a clown, if you don't mind.

Size feet are you?

25 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

You would sack a manager for signing a back up experienced striker?  

We want players competeing for a position in the team not back-up's. We want a squad of players fighting to get into the first 11 not passengers who are looked on as being back-up's. 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

My goodness

You've lost it :rofl:

I dont think he has lost it to be honest and can see his point.

We should be having players on the bench that can push the players on the pitch.  Players should be on the field knowing if they play badly then they can be replaced. 

I would say this is a bad move but its hopefully just paper tak.

7 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

You are in the Levein out camp whatever happens.

Bore off, kiddo.

Rubbish. I want Levein to be a success but he's digging a hole for himself with Hughes and now this story about Mclean.

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Size feet are you?

I'm available by PM for stupid questions, insults, abuse, bullying and intimidation. Feel free. I'm sure people discussing our prospective signings don't want to read your irrelevant garbage.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We want players competeing for a position in the team not back-up's. We want a squad of players fighting to get into the first 11 not passengers who are looked on as being back-up's. 

And if we get injuries? 

You are getting your frillies soaked over paper speculation. Have a word, Mitch

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You know the square root of diddly squat. 

Is the  answer a manager that knows what he's doing.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Rents said:

I dont think he has lost it to be honest and can see his point.

We should be having players on the bench that can push the players on the pitch.  Players should be on the field knowing if they play badly then they can be replaced. 

I would say this is a bad move but its hopefully just paper tak.

A very fair point mate

I said he'd lost it from the ridiculous spout of rubbish he came out with. Its quite frightening watching his posts tbh

KyleLafferty
Just now, mitch41 said:

Rubbish. I want Levein to be a success but he's digging a hole for himself with Hughes and now this story about Mclean.

Hughes? As in the guy that 90% of the time he’s played he’s strolled it, and the guy who’s helping every young centre half We have in the team? Muppet. He was superb against the sheep.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Some half-wit ''journalist'' writes shite with no substance and CL is digging a hole for himself??

Are you for real?

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Hughes? As in the guy that 90% of the time he’s played he’s strolled it, and the guy who’s helping every young centre half We have in the team? Muppet. He was superb against the sheep.

Go to specsavers and get rid of those specs as you obviously can't see the players on the pitch

Bridge of Djoum

I'm available by PM for stupid questions, insults, abuse, bullying and intimidation. Feel free. I'm sure people discussing our prospective signings don't want to read your irrelevant garbage.

I didn't abuse you. It's just my mate Coco has shoes for sale. Wondered if they were any good to you.

On 4/11/2018 at 09:28, JimKongUno said:

where you getting this from ? The paper yesterday said the sheep had been priced out of a move for mcgeoch , if the sheep canny afford him then doubtful that lot can better what he'd get up there

From someone who 100% knows and works with Hibs

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

You're wasting your breath mate. A very good point though. He has been solid this season.

Its because at 37 he's still as fit as a fiddle and plays professional football... its just the guys who are against him feel a bit self conscious when they look at themselves and see what Hughes is doing at that age.

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Go to specsavers and get rid of those specs as you obviously can't see the players on the pitch

I doubt you can either cause the sounds of it you don’t go to the games. Which I hope is true considering how much pish you talk.

rudi must stay
41 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Heard 

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Hughes has what 110 caps from Northern Ireland. Amazing experience, it's natural as centre back Levein would rate him and he does. I actually think the McLean story is good news, exactly what the squad needs: SPL experience and it shows Levein is big enough to make unpopular decisions

Escobar PHM
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

So, for every young player breaking into the team we have to have a mentor type in the background 'helping' them. I'd have thought thats why we have an array of coaching staff, all of whom have years of experience to pass on. Give Hughes a coaching job by all means but he is no longer a player who could be a regular first teamer. We have had far too many of those hanging about the club picking up a wage merely on the premise that they are 'good to have around'

Edited by Escobar PHM

KyleLafferty

So, for every young player breaking into the team we have to have a mentor type in the background 'helping' them. I'd have thought thats why we have an array of coaching staff, all of whom have years of experience to pass on. Give Hughes a coaching job by all means but he is no longer a player who could be a regular first teamer. We have far too many of those hanging about the club picking up a wage merely on the premise that they are 'good to have around'

I’m not saying he should be a first teamer but as back up he’s more than capable, and he’s been a big influence on the squad. One year dear on buttons is no brainer.

Edited by KyleLafferty

4 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

So, for every young player breaking into the team we have to have a mentor type in the background 'helping' them. I'd have thought thats why we have an array of coaching staff, all of whom have years of experience to pass on. Give Hughes a coaching job by all means but he is no longer a player who could be a regular first teamer. We have far too many of those hanging about the club picking up a wage merely on the premise that they are 'good to have around'

Spot on my friend.

Absolute Scenes

That's an utterly utterly ridiculous post.

We need senior players on the pitch to guide younger guys, not just coach them from the side-lines.

How the hell is a coach supposed to coach a player on the other side of the pitch???

Hughes is the most capped British player of all time. the fact he is with us is fantastic for the team.

total disrespect to a brilliant squad player that has served us well.

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’m not saying he should be a first teamer but as back up he’s more than capable, and he’s been a big influence on the squad. One year dear on buttons is no brainer.

We are woefully short of starting first teamers of decent quality. Thats why we are sixth and thats got to be the priority. Thats where all the cash has to be spent this summer. Not some no mark 3-4 years passed his best, which even then was hardly pulling trees up.(McLean I am talking about )

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

So, for every young player breaking into the team we have to have a mentor type in the background 'helping' them. I'd have thought thats why we have an array of coaching staff, all of whom have years of experience to pass on. Give Hughes a coaching job by all means but he is no longer a player who could be a regular first teamer. We have had far too many of those hanging about the club picking up a wage merely on the premise that they are 'good to have around'

An experinced type talking a player through a game is a good thing and I trust the types in the squad (a Michael Stewart or Jamie Hamill or Ryan Stevenson) not so much. I wouldn't bring in a players for Cochrane to learn from though, let him express himself

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Just when we think your levels of foolery are reached, along comes another belter of a post.

The more experience around the club, the better. If we want a successful youth academy and these guys breaking into the squad, we need guys like...oh, I don't know... guys with hunners of caps. Guys who have played in the English PL, guys who have scored hat-tricks v Chelsea quite recently. 

Course, you know better, eh?

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Hughes is the most capped British player of all time

He isn't.

Edited by Escobar PHM

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

If he isn't a first teamer why would he be signed as a player. Absolutely mental post.

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

We are woefully short of starting first teamers of decent quality. Thats why we are sixth and thats got to be the priority. Thats where all the cash has to be spent this summer. Not some no mark 3-4 years passed his best, which even then was hardly pulling trees up.(McLean I am talking about )

So what do we do about back up? The only reason Berra is playing still is cause there is no one else, his ankle is in bits. We need a squad of players, not just a first 11.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

An experinced type talking a player through a game is a good thing and I trust the types in the squad (a Michael Stewart or Jamie Hamill or Ryan Stevenson) not so much. I wouldn't bring in a players for Cochrane to learn from though, let him express himself

Are you holding up Michael Stewart and Jamie Hamill as examples of he kind of experienced players we need on the pitch?

Apologies if I have misunderstood!

13 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Some half-wit ''journalist'' writes shite with no substance and CL is digging a hole for himself??

Are you for real?

Burnieston fan eh ?

Edited by mitch41

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

If he isn't a first teamer why would he be signed as a player. Absolutely mental post.

I take it you just want 16 players and that’s it? No back up cause of suspensions/injuries? You really are clueless it’s laughable ?

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

No objection to having experienced players in the team who can lead and contribute. However if  the prime reason for them getting a game, becomes to talk another player(s) through a game and they're not contributing a whole lot in their own right apart from that, its an empty jersey and a wasted wage.

Bridge of Djoum

Hey, Mitch and Escobar. When you are the only one agreeing with the other, it makes us all feel better as we know we must be right. Both of you haven't the slightest clue what you're on about. It'd be funny if it weren't tragic. 

I'd love to meet you both in a boozer, listen to a conversation between the pair of you. Brain trust stuff.