Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

No chance on Mclean

Levein knows he is on a shaky peg this is make or break for him this summer

With the fans at least 

If Mclean is the type of player we are looking at after 3 years of brutal recruitment i wont renew either. I work hard for my money and want to enjoy my Saturdays out 

My money will  go to Big Hearts instead and i'll go shopping with the wife on Saturdays 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

And how about answering the question next ? 

Actually missed the question inside the rambling

If you sign a player and you negotiate a contract, a player will want to know what their playing time will be like (that's fact btw)

A player who has been a starting 11 player for a club in the same league will want to know if this will stay the same otherwise why would anyone move to another team to sit on their bench?

Therefore to some degree, footballing time will be discussed

So to answer your question, yes. We will have offered that to players before they've kicked a ball.

Its frightening to know you'd sign a player based on a training session. Doesn't matter if they've netted 25 goals, it all comes down to working hard in training.

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I don't think it'll take that much of a miracle mate, don't forget we were trying to sign him permanently in January and only changed to a loan deal at the last minute as Norwich moved the goalposts

I’d agree. I think Naismith is nailed on unless Rangers come in for him. 

Escobar PHM
5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Actually missed the question inside the rambling

If you sign a player and you negotiate a contract, a player will want to know what their playing time will be like (that's fact btw)

A player who has been a starting 11 player for a club in the same league will want to know if this will stay the same otherwise why would anyone move to another team to sit on their bench?

Therefore to some degree, footballing time will be discussed

So to answer your question, yes. We will have offered that to players before they've kicked a ball.

Its frightening to know you'd sign a player based on a training session. Doesn't matter if they've netted 25 goals, it all comes down to working hard in training.

What utter rubbish. You make promises or assurances to new signings regarding their pecking order and you’d be as well dismantling your youth system. It doesn’t work anything like that when a player is signing. Did we assure Lafferty he’d be playing every week ?

Edited by Escobar PHM

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

What utter rubbish. You make promises or assurances to new signings regarding their pecking order and you’d be as well dismantling your youth system. It doesn’t work anything like that when a player is signing. 

I'm not arguing with you anymore on this.

It is complete truth that contract signings talks include how much football the player could potentially play, for example singing a 19 year left back - you'd tell them they'd be part of the youth squad. You sign Steven Naismith, you'd say we want you playing every week. You sign Steven MacLean, you'd say, most weeks you're on the bench as back up and to cover any injuries and suspensions. Otherwise why would they ever want to sign.

I think you let your personal opinion of Levein block any thing he does much too often.

Good day.

19 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

2+2=37.

Cant see any way of us keeping Naismith. I'd be delighted if we somehow did though.

He will sign permanently imo 

Bridge of Djoum
12 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

No chance on Mclean

Levein knows he is on a shaky peg this is make or break for him this summer

With the fans at least 

If Mclean is the type of player we are looking at after 3 years of brutal recruitment i wont renew either. I work hard for my money and want to enjoy my Saturdays out 

My money will  go to Big Hearts instead and i'll go shopping with the wife on Saturdays 

I bet she's ******* delighted at this news.

Bridge of Djoum

Lot of pishy breeks over absolutely **** all. 

Everybody away and have a beer, calm the **** down.

davemclaren
36 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It's tragic.

I didn't even know we had a welcoming committee.

You aren’t welcomed every home match?? ?

davemclaren
Just now, New York Fleapit said:

It’s going to feel a long time between now and next season I suspect. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, davemclaren said:

It’s going to feel a long time between now and next season I suspect. 

Yep. It appears silly season has started early this year.

Escobar PHM
6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I'm not arguing with you anymore 

I think you let your personal opinion of Levein block any thing he does much too often.

Good day.

Cheers. But please let me know what my personal opinion of Levein is ? 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Cheers. But please let me know what my personal opinion of Levein is ? 

I just think its a bit obvious at times you really don't like him

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Finally a voice of reason!

Can you take over mate, I'm knackered :rofl:

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Finally a voice of reason!

Can you take over mate, I'm knackered :rofl:

Stay strong, mate. Only 4 months until August!

39 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Aiden keena will be ahead of him. Euan Henderson isn't ready to compete in the first team. Sammon doesn't want to sit on the bench. Therefore Steven macLean fits the bill of backup striker.

Would you rather we waste a chunk of our wage bill on someone, to then tell them they will be sitting on the bench most weeks?  What player would agree to that?? Steven MacLean is someone who will be quite happy to sit on the bench and come on when needed...who will also take up a very small wage compared to someone we would need to buy.

it's the furthest thing from wasting resource. Its actually using them wisely

I really really doubt it, if Levein had to choose between signing a 35 year old back up or a good attacking midfielder, he would choose the older striker...because that's not what a good manager would do. But I don't think you can see anything positive about what Levein does because of your downright hatred for him

I would be very surprised if that were the case 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Stay strong, mate. Only 4 months until August!

that's almost half a year :sob:

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Its half 11 on a Thursday morning big man 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Spencer said:

I would be very surprised if that were the case 

Really? I am quite excited at the prospect of this kid. I think he should be pushing for game time, at the very least on the bench.

I think he should be given a run of games, especially pre season.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Its half 11 on a Thursday morning big man 

Pubs open then!

Only half 6 in the morning over here. Gutted.

Deans Jambo

MacLean is a player that knows the league and has a decent goal record. 

My worry is that he's maybe starting to struggle now,  only 5 goals this season (12 and 15 the season's before).

Imo would be a good addition as a squad player but worried he's maybe past it.

Just now, Juanjo15 said:

There's no danger Steven MacLean will be offered a deal.

This.   But it's fun watching the usual neurotics shite all their major organs on the carpet over it.

:greggy:

Selkirkhmfc1874

Wow! Some going off there head because of paper speculation , why not judge where we are going into the season once our squad had been rebuilt ?

Cruyff Turn

Steven Maclean had a trial at Hearts when he was in his prime at 24-25 and was deemed not good enough to play for this glorious football club. 

Suddenly at 35 he's  good enough, :rofl:aye right. 

I wouldn't worry about this as it won't be happening. 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wow! Some going off there head because of paper speculation , why not judge where we are going into the season once our squad had been rebuilt ?

Behave, you aren't allowed to be sensible on here!

You get shot down for that kind of talk

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We interrupt the hysteria to bring you a short interval of common sense.  Normal service will resume shortly.

Think I’ll take the crazy approach of waiting to see who we do sign, and then how they perform in a Hearts shirt before passing judgement.

But alas, clearly this thread isn’t for me.

giphy.gif

INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874
11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Steven Maclean had a trial at Hearts when he was in his prime at 24-25 and was deemed not good enough to play for this glorious football club. 

Well it is happening.

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Think I’ll take the crazy approach of waiting to see who we do sign, and then how they perform in a Hearts shirt before passing judgement.

But alas, clearly this thread isn’t for me.

giphy.gif

Thread and forum in general is for speculation and giving your opinion. Probably best you steer clear.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Tenor said:

I’m happy for MacLean to be back-up if Naismith stays.

If Naismith goes, and MacLean is expected to play regularly alongside Lafferty, then that’s simply not good enough!

You get it. Cheap back up option helping young strikers get better.

20 minutes off the bench here and there. Why the **** would we spunk our budget on an area we are already strong enough. If Naismith doesn't return.  I think he will.  Then we will be looking at other options. 

The hysteria :rofl:

I'm hoping we sign some players with something a bit different about them.  I'm bored of the Cowie types 'keeping the shape'.  Let's see someone desperate to score goals or someone with blistering pace.  Someone with the vision to play an early forward pass.  A maverick playmaker or someone unbeatable in the air from crosses.

Look at the success Paterson had with us.  He was always trying something different and was desperate to score goals. 

...a bit disco

I had a new hole ripped when I said we should sign Schalk about 18 months/2 years ago.

Life comes at you quickly around here.

Escobar PHM
48 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I just think its a bit obvious at times you really don't like him

Ive met the guy once, we were both drunk on holiday in a foreign country. He was perfectly pleasant, as was I. Outwith that 2 hour experience I don't know the man at all.

I don't want him to be Hearts manager. I don't think we'll progress under him. I think he's made too many mistakes. Its been done to death and I am not alone in thinking this. My personal opinion of him as a person is actually quite positive but very limited and utterly irrelevant.

38 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Laszlo wanted to sign him. Romanov vetoed deal. Said Csaba didn't have permission to arrange the trial. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

I had a new hole ripped when I said we should sign Schalk about 18 months/2 years ago.

Life comes at you quickly around here.

I said it too back then, the season when he done hibs late on in the LC final he should have been made a Hearts player. I think he could consistently get 10-15 a season for Hearts and he’s 25, just approaching his best years in football. 

...a bit disco
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I said it too back then, the season when he done hibs late on in the LC final he should have been made a Hearts player. I think he could consistently get 10-15 a season for Hearts and he’s 25, just approaching his best years in football. 

:thumbsup:

Escobar PHM
44 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This.   But it's fun watching the usual neurotics shite all their major organs on the carpet over it.

:greggy:

Talking about drama queens posting their usual shite (some with nothing to contribute to the actual subject) ............and one is sure to appear

Edited by Escobar PHM

29 minutes ago, INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874 said:

Well it is happening.

Levein out if this happens. I can't believe he'd sign Mclean.

...a bit disco
Just now, dazajmbo said:

Naismith staying is very much on the agenda . Make no mistake there

:verysmug:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, dazajmbo said:

It is clearly what his family wants. The stumbling block is Norwich.

Lets face it if we have Lafferty and Naismith, nobody else is getting much of a shot

31 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Thread and forum in general is for speculation and giving your opinion. Probably best you steer clear.

Thanks for the advice. Though if you look really closely you’ll see that I’d given my opinion. 

And with that, Should anyone look at your post, they’ll see the irony contained.

??

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, Coco said:

I'm hoping we sign some players with something a bit different about them.  I'm bored of the Cowie types 'keeping the shape'.  Let's see someone desperate to score goals or someone with blistering pace.  Someone with the vision to play an early forward pass.  A maverick playmaker or someone unbeatable in the air from crosses.

Look at the success Paterson had with us.  He was always trying something different and was desperate to score goals. 

The same Cowie that literally appeared in every area of the pitch last Saturday. Bad example mate

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I'm sure he cares Mitch

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You would sack a manager for signing a back up experienced striker?  

53 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Our club was run in a somewhat unconventional manner 10 years ago 

Tennant's  6's
13 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

:pleasing:

Good stuff.  hopefully a few of the higher quality experienced players are able to be signed up