Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

We need that mix if youth and experience. Few older heads in the team with young lads doing the grafting for them and learning at the same time from the old pro's. Think we will get a midfielder in the old pro category.

We already have Hughes, Berra, Cowie, Naismith and Lafferty. Ok I know two of those could be on their way however I think we need a few more mid twenties players.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Godihno Souttar Randall and even Milinkovic are young. Absence of teenagers 

Ok teenagers however Milinkovic is a few weeks away from 24 years old, hardly a youngster. Souttar has played nearly 130 first team games, Godinho is a full international. Randall has played for Liverpool. Can’t really compare them to Cochrane, McDonald, Currie et al. In football experience terms they are very much youngsters, as well as teenagers. Think you got my point though. 

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Having a few in the 24-28 range would be good, but the better ones are in their prime and therefore harder to come by. If we could a couple of these into the midfield area I reckon we are ready to improve away from home and therefore become competiive

Agree. Our squad is very short of good solid pro’s in the 24-28 age category. Need to find current versions of Cameron and Hartley. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree. Our squad is very short of good solid pro’s in the 24-28 age category. Need to find current versions of Cameron and Hartley. 

Easier said than done unfortunately.

Players are peaking or have already peaked at that age so quality comes at a premium.

7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Absence of youngsters and we beat Aberdeen 2-0. Coincidence? 

Possibly.  It is also a coincidence that neither Mitchell nor Adao was playing either.  In fact these two were also not playing when we beat Celtic 4-0.

I don't know what all of this tells us, if anything.

Edited by JamboAl

4 hours ago, johnking123 said:

We need that mix if youth and experience. Few older heads in the team with young lads doing the grafting for them and learning at the same time from the old pro's. Think we will get a midfielder in the old pro category.

A 38 year old that looks something like your avatar would do me.

Bridge of Djoum
13 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

McArthur would absolutely sign to play in the SPL without any shadow of a doubt. 

For Rangers.

Which is what I said in my original post when I brought it up that he is out of contract.

But tbf there’s every chance he’ll get an extension either way relegation or not, or sign for one of the promoted clubs eg. Wolves I think would suit him very well with the football they play, they’ll want to get a few EPL experienced players 

The model Wolves are using at the moment, they will be aiming a lot higher that McArthur should they be promoted.

Jamboscanbevicius

Best business we could do is getting permanent deals or another year loan for:

- Naismith

- Adao

- Mitchell

Haven’t mentioned McLaughlin as it looks like the writing is in the wall with that one unfortunately.

We should also hopefully be making offers for the likes of:

- McGregor

- Bain

- Mulumbu 

- McGeouch

- Crawford

- O’Hara

- Adam

26 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Just throwing a name out there, Charlie Mulgrew?

Don’t think he’ll get a job at the new nursery mate. 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Best business we could do is getting permanent deals or another year loan for:

- Naismith

- Adao

- Mitchell

Haven’t mentioned McLaughlin as it looks like the writing is in the wall with that one unfortunately.

We should also hopefully be making offers for the likes of:

- McGregor

- Bain

- Mulumbu 

- McGeouch

- Crawford

- O’Hara

- Adam

Mulumbu wouldn't suprise me at all, if Hibs have offered him a deal can't see why we wouldnt

The Future's Maroon
37 minutes ago, Barack said:

Might as well throw in the other characters of Trumpton, while we're at it. 

14 minutes ago, Zico said:

Don’t think he’ll get a job at the new nursery mate. 

Ok, fair enough. Shot down in flames, just asked for thoughts and well that’s that then 

Apologies ?

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

The model Wolves are using at the moment, they will be aiming a lot higher that McArthur should they be promoted.

You get the feeling they're not really that fussed about the old wages:turnover chestnut :)

11 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Ok, fair enough. Shot down in flames, just asked for thoughts and well that’s that then 

Apologies ?

My thoughts were only on his babysitting skills!

Done a wee bit of scouting tonight lads.

McGregor was outstanding tonight by not having to save anything ?

Liam Boyce was very good in a poor poor team .

MOM- Some Australian that Robbie turned down after being offered to him by Craig.

Bunny Munro
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

MOM- Some Australian that Robbie turned down after being offered to him by Craig.

Irving?

Wasn't aware we were after him at some point. Who did Robbie go for instead?

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

If this is about Jackson Irvine he was never offered to hearts or spoken to by anyone at hearts. I know his cousin very well. 

Had an offer to go back to park head and a lot down south. Never ever hearts 

McGregor will have the scarf above the head this summer as will Mitchell and Scott Fraser.

All 3 incredibly good business, great quality 

Just now, Bunny Munro said:

Irving?

Wasn't aware we were after him at some point. Who did Robbie go for instead?

Yelp. We were after him when he came down to Burton.

3 minutes ago, Tote said:

If this is about Jackson Irvine he was never offered to hearts or spoken to by anyone at hearts. I know his cousin very well. 

Had an offer to go back to park head and a lot down south. Never ever hearts 

Really??

Jackson says different ?

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Really??

Jackson says different ?

Not spoken to him since his days at county but I know from the horses mouth we were never close to signing him before he went to Burton. Since he went down south his profile, price and wage packet is way above us so can’t say I see your logic of when Neilson turned him down when he was signed by Burton for a club record fee. If this was prior to county days then we can have no gripe as he was an untested and untried Celtic youth reject 

3 minutes ago, Tote said:

Not spoken to him since his days at county but I know from the horses mouth we were never close to signing him before he went to Burton. Since he went down south his profile, price and wage packet is way above us so can’t say I see your logic of when Neilson turned him down when he was signed by Burton for a club record fee. If this was prior to county days then we can have no gripe as he was an untested and untried Celtic youth reject 

Burton's club record fee was well within our scope at the time and they punted him for £2.5m a year later

Irvine was offered to Hearts before he left the highlands.....seems we weren't willing to pay the cash maybe.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

You get the feeling they're not really that fussed about the old wages:turnover chestnut :)

Exactly.

7 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Burton's club record fee was well within our scope at the time and they punted him for £2.5m a year later

Irvine was offered to Hearts before he left the highlands.....seems we weren't willing to pay the cash maybe.

I am sorry but £350 000 was no where near affordable for what is essentially a hit or miss gamble two seasons ago. Now yes more than available for the right player. 

8 hours ago, jambo2524 said:

McGeoch and Hanlon have both signed extensions at Hibs.

To be announced soon.

Hanlon already announced, four year deal. I’d be surprised and disappointed if McGeouch stays. Down south is what I have heard on three times the wages Hibs have offered him. 

Paul Hanlon must have been at the vermin for nearly ten years now? As a first team player, I mean. How ****ing shite and depressing would that be? :rofl:

21 minutes ago, Tote said:

I am sorry but £350 000 was no where near affordable for what is essentially a hit or miss gamble two seasons ago. Now yes more than available for the right player. 

£350k might have been affordable but we probably had more urgent targets then, such as a striker, and the money stretches only so far.

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, Tote said:

Bear in mind we had cash reserves, hadn't started planning the new stand and had already been paying transfer fees by that time. 

The fee from Burton was rumoured to be 330k but who knows what Levein thought he could get him for or how much of that was in addons? Who knows what player swap they might have taken?

9 hours ago, jambo2524 said:

McGeoch and Hanlon have both signed extensions at Hibs.

To be announced soon.

where you getting this from ? The paper yesterday said the sheep had been priced out of a move for mcgeoch , if the sheep canny afford him then doubtful that lot can better what he'd get up there

A_A wehatethehibs
13 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

You could be right, but players who have played in 200+ prem games available on a free transfer is not to be sniffed at for a promoted club. He is a very good passer of the ball. 

Bridge of Djoum
14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You could be right, but players who have played in 200+ prem games available on a free transfer is not to be sniffed at for a promoted club. He is a very good passer of the ball. 

He is indeed. 

His chances will also be helped if he has a certain agent.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Burton given up the ghost Notts? Hard ask for them in a very tough league

Finlay James
4 hours ago, Bez said:

Paul Hanlon must have been at the vermin for nearly ten years now? As a first team player, I mean. How ****ing shite and depressing would that be? :rofl:

A career of relegation, releagation dog fights and championship football sums up his career.

In fact, you can file most of the Hibs team under that bracket.  Poor ****ers.

28 minutes ago, Bez said:

Don’t remember very much about Scott Fraser. Can anyone enlighten?

Creative player with right attitude.

Came through United on that Souttar, Gauld, Robertson etc production line.

Will be an excellent addition who will link midfield and strikers perfectly.

still abit raw after a broken foot this season so effectively a year behind his age so will need coached to full potential.

Came through United as academy player of the year as well ahead of gauld Souttar and Robertson 

19 minutes ago, Tote said:

still abit raw after a broken foot this season so effectively a year behind his age so will need coached to full potential.

Came through United as academy player of the year as well ahead of gauld Souttar and Robertson 

Cathro involved anywhere in that process ? 

Jamboscanbevicius

Not sure about Scott Fraser... not played a lot, and mostly in a team that was relegated and then in championship before missing most of the season with a broken foot!

I hope he develops into the player many seem to believe he can be. Certainly we need some fresh thinking in the middle of the park and I doubt he will be on huge money.

11 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Some where down the line possibly as a coach but would take no part at all in Fraser’s deal to hearts.

Enzo Chiefo
16 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Cathro was in charge of the DUFC academy so he has had a major role in the development of Ryan Gauld, Souttar and presumably Scott Fraser too.

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, Tote said:

Some where down the line possibly as a coach but would take no part at all in Fraser’s deal to hearts.

He's behind the scenes running everything. I'm sure about that

2 hours ago, Tote said:

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

1 hour ago, Tote said:

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Scott Fraser is more than good enough to play for Hearts. 

Thank you. 

*whispered* like Paul Hartley...

1 hour ago, Tote said:

Just meant Cathro was involved with lots of DU youngsters . One of the reasons he , rightly  came to the attention of CL etc

1 hour ago, Tenor said:

I’ve definitely missed something! ?

McGregor, Boyce and Irvine are signing for us?

Pretty sure I've missed that too !

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Just meant Cathro was involved with lots of DU youngsters . One of the reasons he , rightly  came to the attention of CL etc

Did a fantastic job with the youngsters. Apparently the games under him were not about winning but the amount of passes a team could complete in a game, I think this is a fantastic idea for young players and explains the likes of John Souttar and Ryan Gauld's ease when they have the ball at their feet

I see the lad Mulraney at Caley scored last night, doesn't seem to have featured much lately.

Not sure if we still have an interest in him after he trained with us in the winter.