Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Part of the  reason for our failure to play attacking football away from home is to do with CL's views about our fitness levels. which will you say be better next season.

I didn't say that.  I said  CL claims that to be the case.

Now could you just concentrate on the topic which is about bids being made to 3 players.

No rants about CL nor your financial wizardry - just the 3 offers will do fine.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Part of the  reason for our failure to play attacking football away from home is to do with CL's views about our fitness levels. which will you say be better next season.

We don’t play “attacking football”? How have we scored any goals?

19 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

But again, if you have been out and then get back into a regime, then you are going to become fit to an extent, as any exercise is better than none....and then maintain that level of fitness as it will be imbedded in the muscle memory

So by your reasoning our players done no preseason training?

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, Bez said:

We don’t play “attacking football”? How have we scored any goals?

Again I didn't bring this topic to the thread.

But only one team in the league has scored fewer away goals than us this season.

Only three teams have scored fewer goals in total.

If we play attacking football, we don't do it very well.

Edited by Francis Albert

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Again I didn't bring this topic to the thread.

But only one team in the league has scored fewer away goals than us this season.

Only three teams have scored fewer goals in total.

If we play attacking football, we don't do it very ell.

It’s a stupid term. Every team in our league plays attacking football.

7 minutes ago, Bez said:

It’s a stupid term. Every team in our league plays attacking football.

Not every team brings every player into their own box to defend a set piece or get as few players ahead of the ball. Lack of goals is chronic. We have scored less goals than Ross County 

Decent defensive base to build on though despite chopping and changing at full back most of season for variety of reasons 

Retention of McLaughlin would be a huge boost albeit seemingly unlikely 

Edited by Spencer

3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Not every team brings every player into their own box to defend a set piece or get as few players ahead of the ball. Lack of goals is chronic. We have scored less goals than Ross County 

Decent defensive base to build on though despite chopping and changing at full back most of season for variety of reasons 

You forgot to mention the offers to 3 players.

Or was that deliberate?

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't say that.  I said  CL claims that to be the case.

Now could you just concentrate on the topic which is about bids being made to 3 players.

No rants about CL nor your financial wizardry - just the 3 offers will do fine.

Correct. So as I said you brought that issue to the thread. Perhaps you could follow your own advice if you want people to stick rigidly to the narrow topic of the thread title.

On topic, like 99% or more of the posters on this thread I know nothing about the bids being made to 3 players. I don't know if they are offers of contract extensions or approaches to new players. I don't know if these bids are being entertained in any way by the players concerned or their agents. I await further developments with interest.

Edited by Francis Albert

5 minutes ago, Spencer said:

We still play attacking football though. Otherwise we would never score goals. :lol:

As for the all back at corners thing, we did that in the early 2000s too... never stopped us scoring 4/5 goals in a game and qualifying for the group stages of Europe though... never stopped us coming back from potential doings either.

1 minute ago, Bez said:

We still play attacking football though. Otherwise we would never score goals. :lol:

As for the all back at corners thing, we did that in the early 2000s too... never stopped us scoring 4/5 goals in a game and qualifying for the group stages of Europe though... never stopped us coming back from potential doings either.

Fergie did it too

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Correct. So as I said you brought that issue to the thread. Perhaps you could follow your own advice if you want people to stick rigidly to the narrow topic of the thread title.

On topic, like 99% or more of the posters on this thread I know nothing about the bids being made to 3 players. I don't know if they are offers of contract extensions or approaches to new players. I don't know if these bids are being entertained in any way by the players concerned or their agents. I await further developments with interest.

When you see the title of a thread you usually get a clue in the first post.  Try it.

Just now, johnthomas said:

Fergie did it too

Sssshhh... you’ll be accused of living in the past. :unsure:

Francis Albert
Just now, JamboAl said:

When you see the title of a thread you usually get a clue in the first post.  Try it.

Dear oh dear. I knew what the thread was about which is why knowing nothing about the three bids and having no interesting speculation to add I didn't post until I read your comment which caught my attention - that we may not "go for it" away from home in part due to general fitness levels.

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Or was that deliberate?

Sorry Mod. 

I responded to a specific poster who also didn't mention the 3 players either 

I'm pleased however that you haven't been so petty as to seek to personalise 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Sorry Mod. 

I responded to a specific poster who also didn't mention the 3 players either 

I'm pleased however that you haven't been so petty as to seek to personalise 

Thought I was the Mod? Are Al and I in The Who now??

2 minutes ago, Bez said:

Thought I was the Mod? Are Al and I in The Who now??

Can't be arsed taking a look but presumably you are reinvented yourself once again on here 

On 01/04/2018 at 17:04, chester copperpot said:

You always pop up when Hearts are shite.

You seem to revel in the fact we are poor.

You're either a Hibs ***** or a severe HMFC dickhead. 

Either way, I'd rather you just ****ed off and stopped posting on here.

Cheers

So, anyone have an idea of who the three might be?  Edit. Not sure how that’s been quoted?!

Edited by Koolkeith

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, BobbyJenkins said:

It absolutely is relevant. How do you get them fitter during the season with games every other day? This having a go away from home is great, when he has the players and team he wants in order to play that way...which he clearly doesnt yet.

Thanks to our early league cup exit, since the beginning of August until the end of December we played only three midweek games. In  the same period we had three weekend breaks so on average had one game per week. We then had three weeks winter break.

It was hardly an intensive  run of games that would have prevented topping up the fitness levels from the pre season we did have ( even if not as good as it should have been), in the 6 months following the arduous league cup ties against lower league sides. 

Edited by Francis Albert

BobbyJenkins
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Thanks to our early league cup exit, since the beginning of August until the end of December we played only three midweek games. In  the same period we had three weekend breaks so on average had one game per week. We then had three weeks winter break.

It was hardly an onerous run of games that would have prevented topping up the fitness levels from the pre season we did have ( even if not as good as it should have been), in the 6 months following the arduous league cup ties against lower league sides. 

Every week then, international break aside n league cup. We don’t know how bad fitness was. Maybe that was one of the factors contributing to poor performance early doors, we don’t know. Bash on bashing tho, you excel at it zzzzzzzz.

4 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Every week then, international break aside n league cup. We don’t know how bad fitness was. Maybe that was one of the factors contributing to poor performance early doors, we don’t know. Bash on bashing tho, you excel at it zzzzzzzz.

You are evidently a highly tolerant guy Bobby 

Enzo Chiefo
47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Or was that deliberate?

We made an offer to Jamie Walker . Did he sign? We have made an offer to McLaughlin...Do you think he will sign? The manager is in ST sales mode so has been instructed by AB to talk about who we will sign, which is fair enough. The nonsense about pre season training us nothing more than an excuse. Injuries affect all clubs . The players are too finely tuned nowadays and pre season training is not the Gullane sands style general fitness training that we saw in the past. So to attempt to blame fitness for results is pathetic.

Siphiwe Tshabalala
12 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

It seems the club are doing their business quietly, and early. The main reason I'd imagine is that these players are out of contract in the summer, therefore we are respecting their current clubs and not divulging who they are to the wider audience. I for one am happy with that.

Makes keeping on topic quite difficult. Then again, how many threads DO remain on topic these days?

Thats a fair point. 

And to answer your question; none.

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

You are suggesting that fitness levels after pre-season training were so bad that 6 months of playing on average one game a week (with some two or three week breaks) did not allow time to recover the situation?

I think the fitness thing has been an issue and may have contributed to some injuries but we were fit enough when we spanked Celtic.

Enzo Chiefo
18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You are suggesting that fitness levels after pre-season training were so bad that 6 months of playing on average one game a week (with some two or three week breaks) did not allow time to recover the situation?

FA, it's actually worrying that folk believe this. The days of players coming back 2 stone overweight are long gone as are the pre-season shifts of old. Any issues would have been minor and would have been resolved by a few double sessions and , as you say, through games. The idea tgat 6 months later players are picking up injuries because of tgat is ludicrous.  There may be issues with the day to day training and pre match preparation tgat is causing injuries but tgat, again, could also be resolved. 

Bridge of Djoum
13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

FA, it's actually worrying that folk believe this. The days of players coming back 2 stone overweight are long gone as are the pre-season shifts of old. Any issues would have been minor and would have been resolved by a few double sessions and , as you say, through games. The idea tgat 6 months later players are picking up injuries because of tgat is ludicrous.  There may be issues with the day to day training and pre match preparation tgat is causing injuries but tgat, again, could also be resolved. 

Ladies and gents, Real Madrid's new head of sports science....

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, New York Fleapit said:

Ladies and gents, Real Madrid's new head of sports science....

Oh sorry , I forgot...You have to be an expert before you can comment on anything. No problem, I'll bear that in mind. Life experience old son and a wee bit advice for you...don't believe everything an "expert" tells you. Common sense is a wonderful gift.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Oh sorry , I forgot...You have to be an expert before you can comment on anything. No problem, I'll bear that in mind. Life experience old son and a wee bit advice for you...don't believe everything an "expert" tells you. Common sense is a wonderful gift.

I'd argue, and coherently, that any muscle injury, however slight will not be solved by ''double sessions''.

Nookie Bear

It’s not lack of fitness, it’s lack of organisation in midfield - caused either by players not used to being in that role or just not being good enough. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Spencer said:

I see Levein has said Hughes is to be offered a new deal for next year 

You should start a thread, then rip Mr Levein for 16 pages before..

A. You're banned from your own topic

B. We all fall asleep at yet another Spencer tirade

C. Insert your own answer here.

MaskedMarauder

So apart from arguing with one another and moaning about Levein, does anyone know which players we are actively looking at bringing in?

Seen us linked with Burns and also a striker from down south. Any other names floating about?

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

I'd argue, and coherently, that any muscle injury, however slight will not be solved by ''double sessions''.

Agreed. But neither will it have been caused by pre season training not being intense enough 6 months ago.

4 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

You should start a thread, then rip Mr Levein for 16 pages before..

A. You're banned from your own topic

B. We all fall asleep at yet another Spencer tirade

C. Insert your own answer here.

Keep calm dude. Just saying that CL was on STV a few mins again saying Hughes will get a new deal.

Nothing more nothing less.  What a place 

grumpyespana
4 hours ago, Spencer said:

Crawford is a decent player though. We could do worse imo 

Thought last season Crawford reminded me of Colin Cameron this season he has been injured, personally I would love to get him and Temps at Tynie next season.

1 hour ago, Bez said:

First half Liverpool mostly had 8/9 players behind ball. Klopp far too defensive clearly. 

1 minute ago, grumpyespana said:

Thought last season Crawford reminded me of Colin Cameron this season he has been injured, personally I would love to get him and Temps at Tynie next season.

I believe Temps will be here next season, I was speaking with his brother on a couple of jobs and he indicated that the way was open for this to happen, old news I know but thought I would chuck my tuppence worth in.:)

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

First half Liverpool mostly had 8/9 players behind ball. Klopp far too defensive clearly. 

Indeed. It’s just such a stupid expression. :lol: 

coatbridgejambo
On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 16:47, kila said:

Will be gutted if there is no attempt to keep Milinkovic

same 

27 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I see Levein has said Hughes is to be offered a new deal for next year 

But that's separate from the 3 offers to players at other clubs so you need not concern yourself with that on this thread.

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

So apart from arguing with one another and moaning about Levein, does anyone know which players we are actively looking at bringing in?

Seen us linked with Burns and also a striker from down south. Any other names floating about?

There were rumours about finnish midfielder Antti Graviti

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Dear oh dear. I knew what the thread was about which is why knowing nothing about the three bids and having no interesting speculation to add I didn't post until I read your comment which caught my attention - that we may not "go for it" away from home in part due to general fitness levels.

But you never have anything interesting to add: speculation or otherwise.

Tell me in what context I said what you are claiming.

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But that's separate from the 3 offers to players at other clubs so you need not concern yourself with that on this thread.

What a desperate pedant you are Al 

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please 

Close this aboslutle car crash of a thread Mods 

2 hours ago, Bez said:

33 minutes ago, Spencer said:

What a desperate pedant you are Al 

I know.  It is pedantic wanting to stay on topic when you want to slag the club. 

1 hour ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Charlie Adam keeps getting mentioned, as does McGreggor. There was talk a while back of a Scottish international striker based down south (not Naismith) but can’t remember if that was for last window or this. 

sandylejambo

three offers to players, does not fill me with glee, if we have signed these guys , why not say "we have three players signed on pre contracts"? the club just has to say that they don't want to upset the players current placement, the word Offer means sweat ***** Adams, and does not sell season tickets. players out of contract in the summer have been free to sign for others since January, Three doesn't cut it.

31 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I know.  It is pedantic wanting to stay on topic when you want to slag the club. 

Slagging club ? By mentioning Hughes has been offered a new deal!! Jesus things are becoming even more hyper sensitive than usual on here 

Sorry for slagging the club by stating what CL said re Hughes on STV News tonight 

I apologise unreservedly Al