Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Our footballing department is in need of overhaul. The continual turnover of players, short term loans, scatter gun use of youngsters that are nowhere near ready and the inability to put a team on the park with any cohesion or creativity is resulting in dire performances and results. One man has overseen all if this and he needs to be replaced. 

In the same way that the OF have greater resources than us and gave a higher expectation level. Likewise, we have the same gulf in resources over clubs like Dundee, Mwell and Killie and absolutely should be finish above them. Stephen Robinson knows the way to finals and how to beat the OF, Steve Clarke too.  Either one of them would do a better job at Tynecastle than Levein. 

If true he also over seen the first two years and deserves a chance to put things right after Cathro, or is Craig only accountable for the bad things?

Maybe aye, maybe naw, but they aren't our manager, so how about getting behind our manager rather than championing others. last year it was Hartley, Wright, Archibald. It's very limited to just take the form team and say he'd do better because he's doing well just now.

I'd also argue that if Clarke finishes the season as he is doing just now Killie could well be 4th or better, he'd be out of our reach- and if you're going to argue using hindsight, don't- again it shows lack of vision and intelligence and is lazy.

We finish above the teams you mention most times, football isn't played on a balance sheet, Aberdeen/ Rangers and us v Rangers 2 years ago shows this. We are above 2/3 you mention, Killie have had the best form in the league, I believe only bettered by Celtic for the past 4/5 months. Sometimes this happens. Leicester or A Madrid being good examples in recent years or even us v Rangers in the Championship.

If you expect us to beat teams like these all the time, you must also be accepting of getting beat of Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen all the time and hibs being 50/50- or does that work only one way? I find this line of argument bizarre as it has to work both ways if you are using it. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Spencer said:

This is contrary to what Budge advised us 

depends on how you taken it.

Maybe the playing budget wasn't affected negatively ( it hasn't- it went up year on year), but it certainly hasn't been impacted positively as any spare money has been diverted to the stand. The stand also cost slightly more than first expected.

Quite a political statement to make. As you would expect given all the factors involved.

You of course will twist this into something it is not, I wait excitedly   to see how.

Felix Lighter
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If he had had a full squad he maybe could have chosen from M Smith, Brandon or Buaben - oh wait a minute....

PS is your reference to Callachan a poor effort to move the topic to safer ground?

Smith and Buaben were on the bench and Brandon was injured playing for the U20s but had already been dropped from the first team.

Also, it was you who mentioned Callaghans mistake,a contributory factor yes,but not the primary reason we went out of the cup.

Anyway Boombarbers are calling ,so for the time being...

Mars plastic
34 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Killie have been transformed and I don't have to wait until next season to say it. 

Motherwell have not gone backwards and with their budget and losing Moult, have done exceptionally well in a stronger league. They also have a visit to Hampden coming up. 

Rangers are second. 

Hibs are significantly better than us and regularly now exceeding or own dwindling attendances. Their own fans seem to like what they are seeing. 

Who cares what we did back in the Championship, that was years ago. Move on please. 

Many people in the non JKB real world, feel our football regime is leading us up a dark passage. You clearly haven't travelled to many away games this season. Those with serious doubts over Levein and his cronies are not about to go away. 

This All Out Attack chap is a most welcome addition to the board.

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not defending anything.  I'm trying to point out that it's easy to be wise after the event.

When I heard a double substitution was being made I assumed it was MacDonald and Milinkovic or at least one of them. Not 2 youngsters who haven’t really shown much so far. 

16 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

If true he also over seen the first two years and deserves a chance to put things right after Cathro, or is Craig only accountable for the bad things?

Maybe aye, maybe naw, but they aren't our manager, so how about getting behind our manager rather than championing others. last year it was Hartley, Wright, Archibald. It's very limited to just take the form team and say he'd do better because he's doing well just now.

I'd also argue that if Clarke finishes the season as he is doing just now Killie could well be 4th or better, he'd be out of our reach- and if you're going to argue using hindsight, don't- again it shows lack of vision and intelligence and is lazy.

We finish above the teams you mention most times, football isn't played on a balance sheet, Aberdeen/ Rangers and us v Rangers 2 years ago shows this. We are above 2/3 you mention, Killie have had the best form in the league, I believe only bettered by Celtic for the past 4/5 months. Sometimes this happens. Leicester or A Madrid being good examples in recent years or even us v Rangers in the Championship.

If you expect us to beat teams like these all the time, you must also be accepting of getting beat of Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen all the time and hibs being 50/50- or does that work only one way? I find this line of argument bizarre as it has to work both ways if you are using it. 

We have no right to beat the teams below us regularly, however I would like us to try in a way that is not shocking to watch. You could name on one hand the amount of above average performances in the league this season. 

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Absolutely.  I agree. Of course CL deserves credit for the success as well as criticism for the bad. I'm looking at the situation over the last 4 years and the same failings persist. The squad is still imbalanced, the midfield that was getting overrun at ER 3 years ago, still gets overrun there. The lack of creativity and the continual overhaul of players persist and my conclusion is that the man who has overseen the footballing department has taken us as far as he can. That's my opinion. You can agree or disagree. If I thought he had the character to admit his mistakes or change the playing style then I would support him..but I don't think he is capable of that. Alan Pardew was sacked by WBA because his tried and trusted methods didn't work this time. Regarding resources, Yes, I completely agree we will normally be behind the OF for the same reasons that we should be above the like of Mwell. To challenge the OF we need a manager tgat will have us punching above our weight. Mwell and Killie have that which us why they are doing better than us. Imo with similar resources we will always be in a similar position to Hibs. The whole natural order chat is a pile of keek.  Sure, I was used to us dominating them in the 80s and 90s but these things are cyclical and, before my time at Tynie, Hibs were only prevented from winning several trophies in the 70s by a rampant Celtic team.

2 hours ago, Ministry of Football said:

I do agree with a fair bit of this, especially our manager playing kids to try and deflect criticism, its not nice to see.

He is of course also hoping that playing them will help mature them for next season, so they can be considered part of our first team squad. I must confess to not having too much faith in this concept, as our youngsters aren't close to being ready. McDonald is perhaps closest but he's still at least a year away. Cochrane is seriously overhyped and slow and needs loaned out until he bulks up. Henderson just isn't fit for purpose yet.    

The trouble at the moment is that Levein is having to play these youngsters because of the lack of depth in his squad. Ok he has been a bit unlucky with injuries but then that happens to all teams and that is the whole point of having a decent sized squad. 

Some are suggesting that we have been unable to bring players in due to the new stand costs but then that is contrary to AB's comments and just look at the players Motherwell brought in with a smaller playing budget than we have.

The way he should be introducing the young players into the team is gradually giving them game time when we have a comfortable lead and not putting any pressure on them as he has done this season.

30 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

depends on how you taken it.

Maybe the playing budget wasn't affected negatively ( it hasn't- it went up year on year), but it certainly hasn't been impacted positively as any spare money has been diverted to the stand. The stand also cost slightly more than first expected.

Quite a political statement to make. As you would expect given all the factors involved.

You of course will twist this into something it is not, I wait excitedly   to see how.

Calm yourself down Tosh. I know you will accept anything the club dish up 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Calm yourself down Tosh. I know you will accept anything the club dish up 

I know you will try to twist anything into a negative.

It's great to get to know folks over the tinternet!

merseyjambo

All due respect to some on here but if anyone thinks dissenting voices are Hibs fans then they’re deluded.

Those Hibs fans I know are ecstatic that CL is in charge and want his reign to continue

38 minutes ago, Spencer said:

This is contrary to what Budge advised us 

Did she? It was pretty obvious it would have an impact.... money spent on the stand...especially the over spend has to come  from somewhere.  If you listen to CL’s recent interview he touches on this subject.

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

All due respect to some on here but if anyone thinks dissenting voices are Hibs fans then they’re deluded.

Those Hibs fans I know are ecstatic that CL is in charge and want his reign to continue

Dont think they are H1b5 fans ...just not the full shilling.?

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, RENE said:

Damn.. sorry thought this thread was about offers made to three players.  Silly me. ☹☹

Ill summarise-

The three players will be shite as Craig has picked them.

Clarke, the Motherwell boy would all be better at picking players.

we are shite, we are miles behind everyone and even if the 3 players are Messi, Ronaldo and Roy of the Rovers- Craig will make them shite, probably play Messi at centre half because we don't cross the half way line, ever.

Everything is shite, complete shite, utter shite smelly and dirty shite

nb- I missed Craig has an agenda to actually make us shite, he likes us being shite and wants us to play shite.

everything is shite and it's Craigs fault.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

51 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Smith and Buaben were on the bench and Brandon was injured playing for the U20s but had already been dropped from the first team.

Also, it was you who mentioned Callaghans mistake,a contributory factor yes,but not the primary reason we went out of the cup.

Anyway Boombarbers are calling ,so for the time being...

I think you know so little about Hearts I doubt if you are a Hearts supporter.

I mentioned Callachan in relation to your Motherwell diversion.

Where/how Brandon was injured is irrelevant.  It would have been a major surprise to me if he hadn't been in the squad, if fit.

10 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Ill summarise-

we are shite, we are miles behind everyone and even if the 3 players are Messi, Ronaldo and Roy of the Rovers- Craig will make them shite, probably play Messi at centre half because we don't cross the half way line, ever.

nb- I missed Craig has an agenda to actually make us shite, he likes us being shite and wants us to play shite.

FFS man 

:facepalm:

Whilst you are doing your irony thing, you must surely accept that being behind Kilmarnock is nothing short of a disgrace? 

The style of play is putrid and our approach away from Tynecastle is atrocious 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

FFS man 

:facepalm:

Whilst you are doing your irony thing, you must surely accept that being behind Kilmarnock is nothing short of a disgrace? 

The style of play is putrid and our approach away from Tynecastle is atrocious 

Yip, as I said- it's all shite.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

3 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

If you are captain of a ship and it goes down, you are supposed to go down with it. Levein should not have been rewarded with a new job after the Cathro debacle. 

We are also 6th in case you haven't noticed and out of both cups. We now get a nosebleed as soon as we leave Tynecastle. 

Levein is also determined to try and keep himself in a job and deflect all criticism by continually playing kids in place of established professionals. This is making us worse,  but wait...  He can say he played some 16 year olds. 

Do you think it is healthy to have so many supporters unhappy with our manager and what he is doing. 

The Captain of the vessel perhaps. I’m not sure it’s common protocol to then shoot the Admiral in the head though.

37 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

With all due respect, the Hibs fans I know want Levein to get the sack because they realise the disruption will have a negative impact.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Spencer said:

OK.  Leave it there Tosh 

Quite, the thread has been de-railed by folk continuing their crusade on every thread.

Tiresome, repetitive, it's a bit shite tbh. 

34 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Ill summarise-

Very succinct. Thanks BDH. I'll go for a lie down now....

23 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Quite, the thread has been de-railed by folk continuing their crusade on every thread.

Tiresome, repetitive, it's a bit shite tbh. 

Not sure if people have a "crusade". I think people are being disaffected by the style of play.  The team continues to grossly under achieve and that will always attract comment and debate 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Not sure if people have a "crusade". I think people are being disaffected by the style of play.  The team continues to grossly under achieve and that will always attract comment and debate 

But what about the three players we have made offers to?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

But what about the three players we have made offers to?

Do we know who they are? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We don't move the ball quickly at home either. We quite often scrape a victory but other times draw. 

It's improved

Just now, davemclaren said:

After 9 pages...no. 

I get your point. We recruited better in January after several poor windows. The worry on that is we appear not to be getting the best out of some of those recruits. Naismith the most notable. 

If the lad Fraser from Dundee United is one of the three it possibly doesn't generate huge enthusiasm 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I get your point. We recruited better in January after several poor windows. The worry on that is we appear not to be getting the best out of some of those recruits. Naismith the most notable. 

If the lad Fraser from Dundee United is one of the three it possibly doesn't generate huge enthusiasm 

I don’t know anything about Frazer so can’t really comment. But I think we did recruit better but not all players will play to their full potential until they have bedded in. Naismith has been pretty good but probably not lived up to the hyped expectation yet. However, having offers in for players at this time indicated the club understands the urgency of the problem imo. 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Aye, we ken.

It's came up. 

This thread is/ was about 3 new players, it could only go more off topic if someone said we're signing Billy.

2 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

This All Out Attack chap is a most welcome addition to the board.

How, is he your latest alter ego?

Footballfirst

The SFA has just published a list of Agents who have received fees from SPFL clubs in the year to 31 January (no amounts listed).

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3391/intermediary-transactions-3-february-2017-to-january-2018.pdf

Hearts list is shown below.  I just hope that we aren't planning on doing business with Alexandre Mouelhi or Marcin Michalak.

sWGJH6s.jpg

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The SFA has just published a list of Agents who have received fees from SPFL clubs in the year to 31 January (no amounts listed).

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3391/intermediary-transactions-3-february-2017-to-january-2018.pdf

Hearts list is shown below.  I just hope that we aren't planning on doing business with Alexandre Mouelhi or Marcin Michalak.

sWGJH6s.jpg

I agree. 

3 hours ago, karipidis said:

Surely you are not defending that double substitution on Sunday? Milinkovic has been very good for us this season but for some reason our manager prefers playing lightweight youngsters. 

Think he is already into the mode of only playing players who will be here next season. Expect even more of the same as the season draws to a close. All managers do it unless they are chasing titles or fighting relegation. 

I have 2 of the 3 names of who we have offered deals too

Oh well wrong thread i will leave you to your petty squabbling on here 

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Our footballing department is in need of overhaul. The continual turnover of players, short term loans, scatter gun use of youngsters that are nowhere near ready and the inability to put a team on the park with any cohesion or creativity is resulting in dire performances and results. One man has overseen all if this and he needs to be replaced. 

In the same way that the OF have greater resources than us and gave a higher expectation level. Likewise, we have the same gulf in resources over clubs like Dundee, Mwell and Killie and absolutely should be finish above them. Stephen Robinson knows the way to finals and how to beat the OF, Steve Clarke too.  Either one of them would do a better job at Tynecastle than Levein. 

Is that the Stephen Robinson who has beaten the OF once in eight games since becoming Motherwell Manager?

Mars plastic
47 minutes ago, Haken said:

How, is he your latest alter ego?

As a member of almost 5 years, you should know that multiple accounts are frowned upon, Mr Haken.

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Is that the Stephen Robinson who has beaten the OF once in eight games since becoming Motherwell Manager?

He's gone toe-to-toe with them rather than backed off.  Taken Well to 2 SF and 1 Final, possibly 2 in the same season. How's CLs cup record ??

Mars plastic
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He's gone toe-to-toe with them rather than backed off.  Taken Well to 2 SF and 1 Final, possibly 2 in the same season. How's CLs cup record ??

You're arguing with a boy who said he was glad we didn't interview Steve Clarke and that he was a shite manager. He also was spouting nonsense about boy wonder Neilson being a better manager than Derek Adams. That one is working out well tae.

Edited by Mars plastic

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

You're arguing with a boy who said he was glad we didn't interview Steve Clarke and that he was a shite manager. He also was spouting nonsense about boy wonder Neilson being a better manager than Derek Adams. That one is working out well tae.

Cheers Mars. Seems like there are posters that will defend Levein regardless of how bad we are. 

Felix Lighter
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think you know so little about Hearts I doubt if you are a Hearts supporter.

I mentioned Callachan in relation to your Motherwell diversion.

Where/how Brandon was injured is irrelevant.  It would have been a major surprise to me if he hadn't been in the squad, if fit.

So you knew I was referring to the Motherwell game when I mentioned Levein,other than Djoum and Mitchell, having a full squad to choose from then.Glad that's cleared up.

I'll concede the Brandon injury.My bad,I missed one player who may or may not have been in the squad had he been fit,there are after all no guarantees.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Motherwell had a bad spell but they are certainly not going backwards. Next weekend they will be boarding a bus tgat is going forwards, towards Hampden for the 3rd time this season. They lose Moult and what do they do...They utilise their contacts in England and bring in Curtis Main. We are stuck in a time warp with CL and John Murray and their tired old methods from 15 years ago. 

aye, ok. I'll Play, Motherwell have lots to look forward to , much more than us. Likewise -Hibs, Aberdeen, Killie and Rangers. Nothing will change, we'll fall further behind. As my above posts, It's all shite for us.

Mars plastic
Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

aye, ok. I'll Play, Motherwell have lots to look forward to , much more than us. Likewise -Hibs, Aberdeen, Killie and Rangers. Nothing will change, we'll fall further behind. As my above posts, It's all shite for us.

Motherwell have another semi final to look forward to. Me? I'm still basking in the glory of us getting to our first SC QF since 2012. In fact, even thinking about it is making me want to restart my Foundation subs.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

Motherwell have another semi final to look forward to. Me? I'm still basking in the glory of us getting to our first SC QF since 2012. In fact, even thinking about it is making me want to restart my Foundation subs.

As I said, It's  all shite for us. every one is better above, even the team below is better!

Nah hope. Nothing will change. That's how football works.

7 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Talk about fickle... 

10 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

So you knew I was referring to the Motherwell game when I mentioned Levein,other than Djoum and Mitchell, having a full squad to choose from then.Glad that's cleared up.

I'll concede the Brandon injury.My bad,I missed one player who may or may not have been in the squad had he been fit,there are after all no guarantees.

Did you not also miss Buaben and M Smith whom you said were on the bench?

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

As I said, It's  all shite for us. every one is better above, even the team below is better!

Nah hope. Nothing will change. That's how football works.

Aye OK, things will just "change". Everything will be fine. Craigie will just go out and "get" quick, creative, attacking midfielders in the summer. Don't worry about replacing Mitchell, McLaughlin, Naismith etc, Craigie will go out and "get" replacements. Nothing to worry about. He's going to play an attacking, positive, entertaining style next season and no other team is going to be able to live with us. Dont worry about the financial constraints because John Murray is going to unearth another few diamonds from his European video collection. If anyone can Craigie can. Quite confident about my lottery numbers tonight now.