Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

18 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

As I said, It's  all shite for us. every one is better above, even the team below is better!

Nah hope. Nothing will change. That's how football works.

Give it a rest ffs Tosh 

People are justified in their criticism. It's dire stuff and our season is over 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Give it a rest ffs Tosh 

People are justified in their criticism. It's dire stuff and our season is over 

with that in mind- come back next season then, give us all a break.:pleased:

23 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

with that in mind- come back next season then, give us all a break.:pleased:

Hibs going 15 points above us tonight Tosh. Aberdeen 19 points ahead 

We are miles behind 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

We are miles behind 

Hibs were a division behind last season, so things can change and quickly. We are 3 or 4 midfielders behind, at home we have been pretty strong, we don't look like losing.

Our away form is abysmal and I put that down to being unable to dominate the middle of the pitch when home teams are more aggressive. Its not just as simple to say we are shite and everything is wrong, that is so dumb and infantile its untrue, but it gets spouted every day as if it were true and its not. Nor is it to say we are performing anywhere close to expectations, in away games. At home I firmly expect us not to get beat and we are approaching a year since the last time we lost at Tynecastle. That's a year.

19 minutes ago, Spencer said:

We are miles behind 

Few if any Hearts supporters would be as overjoyed as you seem to be.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Which words in the statement that Spencer made, give you the impression that he is overjoyed?? Facts. I'm sorry if these are unpalatable for you. You can always turn the table upside down and pretend that we're better than them.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Grow up Al ffs. We are miles behind and you can only offer such an infantile response 

15 points behind Hibs is a disgrace 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Spencer said:

We are miles behind 

See the source image

14 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Grow up Al ffs. We are miles behind and you can only offer such an infantile response 

It's more the number of your posts over the season where you appear to have an obsession with Hibs.

We really should worry about them when they are top of the league.

Edited by JamboAl

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

It's more the number of his posts over the season where he appears to have an obsession with Hibs.

OK Al. Let's not worry about it 

Next season will be great 

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Strange question I know but context is everything. If Hibs had won the league and we were 15 points behind them but clear in second would it be a disgrace?

Just now, Spencer said:

I'm not worried about it.

I'm more concerned with the 3 players we have made offers to.  Do you know anything about that?

BobbyJenkins
46 minutes ago, Spencer said:

We are miles behind 

Yes THIS season we are, everyone knows this. You labouring the same point changes nothing! Noones denying it’s been relatively shit but calm the **** down man.

BobbyJenkins
4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Next season could very well be great, that’s football. 

2 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

As a member of almost 5 years, you should know that multiple accounts are frowned upon, Mr Haken.

Indeed, Plastic Fella.  But I'm thinking you're a chap who likes to test a boundary or two.

Very fine margins this season.In a few games we have conceded late equalisers and also been unlucky with hitting woodwork/missed penalties and so on

Hibs have benefitted from a settled team, hardly any injuries, an experienced eleven all season, a new promotion bounce, teams being unprepared for their style of play, some ludicrously fortuitous results that don't normally happen ( Rangers away x two, beating Aberdeen at home) and a solid manager

They still weren't that much better than us at Easter Road and have lost and drawn at Tynie.Next season will be different

Sensible people know we will recruit better, have a full pre season to get fit, no stand distractions and will steadily improve.This may not take us to second/ third but we will be there abouts for top four.Our off field  infrastructure is coming along supurbly, and in time we shall see the results of this 

We just need to be patient 

4 hours ago, Gavman81 said:

Very fine margins this season.In a few games we have conceded late equalisers and also been unlucky with hitting woodwork/missed penalties and so on

Hibs have benefitted from a settled team, hardly any injuries, an experienced eleven all season, a new promotion bounce, teams being unprepared for their style of play, some ludicrously fortuitous results that don't normally happen ( Rangers away x two, beating Aberdeen at home) and a solid manager

They still weren't that much better than us at Easter Road and have lost and drawn at Tynie.Next season will be different

Sensible people know we will recruit better, have a full pre season to get fit, no stand distractions and will steadily improve.This may not take us to second/ third but we will be there abouts for top four.Our off field  infrastructure is coming along supurbly, and in time we shall see the results of this 

We just need to be patient 

Good post.

FarmerTweedy
16 hours ago, davie1980 said:

I know, that is what I was talking about, the wider footballing phenomenon of sacking manager after manager after manager, as soon as they have a run of poor results.

It's not just mental chairmen, it's from ever more demanding fans with absolutely zero patience and no tolerance for a slump in form.

There used to be a time when you realised it took time sometimes to get things right, that sometimes there would be a bump in the road. Sometimes you might have to make sacrifices in performance to get results of sometimes issues off the park would dictate finances.

Managers used to get time to make it work.

And if they had a bit of success it put a little credit in the bank to see them through a rough patch.

Those days are long gone, in football in general and it saddens me.

Many posters on jkb these days would have had Alex Ferguson sacked from Man U within months of him going there.

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Many posters on jkb these days would have had Alex Ferguson sacked from Man U within months of him going there.

I look back at some of my fonder times as a Hearts fan, Jefferies and Leveins first spells and remember success but there were poor runs, bad league finishes, lack of cup success, some truly howling signings.

These were tolerated to give managers time to build something. If they had a good season or two, it bought them time and they got the chance to ride through a couple rough spells.

It seems back to back losses invariably results in a call for a manager change these days

FarmerTweedy
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

I look back at some of my fonder times as a Hearts fan, Jefferies and Leveins first spells and remember success but there were poor runs, bad league finishes, lack of cup success, some truly howling signings.

These were tolerated to give managers time to build something. If they had a good season or two, it bought them time and they got the chance to ride through a couple rough spells.

It seems back to back losses invariably results in a call for a manager change these days

Good post! I should really have pointed out that many current jkb posters would have been calling for Jefferies' head on a plate about 3 months into his first stint as Hearts manager. 

Enzo Chiefo
22 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Good post! I should really have pointed out that many current jkb posters would have been calling for Jefferies' head on a plate about 3 months into his first stint as Hearts manager. 

The main difference FT is that Levein has been well remunerated over the last 4 years to oversee the entire footballing department: ie organising pre-season , scouting, signing off on new players, appointing managers, coaching the coaches and of course, the academy. Any issues with these areas are down to him. He's paid to oversee everything and the buck stops with him. 

We have regressed over the last few years and he was told in Auvust to basically go in and clean up his own mess . He didn't just arrive at the club in August and therefore fans are judging him on his performance over the last few years. There is very little sign of us progressing. Sure, we have conceded less goals due primarily to signing Berra and McLaughlin and getting every one back behind the ball, playing for 0-0. It's been every bit as bad as last season to watch and, unlike last season , it will clearly lead on to a drop in ST sales. AB should see that as the fans verdict on Levein and may well act accordingly. I don't think it's a certainty that CL will be in charge come August 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The main difference FT is that Levein has been well remunerated over the last 4 years to oversee the entire footballing department: ie organising pre-season , scouting, signing off on new players, appointing managers, coaching the coaches and of course, the academy. Any issues with these areas are down to him. He's paid to oversee everything and the buck stops with him. 

We have regressed over the last few years and he was told in Auvust to basically go in and clean up his own mess . He didn't just arrive at the club in August and therefore fans are judging him on his performance over the last few years. There is very little sign of us progressing. Sure, we have conceded less goals due primarily to signing Berra and McLaughlin and getting every one back behind the ball, playing for 0-0. It's been every bit as bad as last season to watch and, unlike last season , it will clearly lead on to a drop in ST sales. AB should see that as the fans verdict on Levein and may well act accordingly. I don't think it's a certainty that CL will be in charge come August 

Barring the Cathro period, Levein has been arguably very successful.

Strolled the Championship, finished third first season up, and sitting second when Neilson left.

It's all been downhill since, a consequence of the Cathro debacle, but arguably the ship has been steadied.

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Boris said:

Barring the Cathro period, Levein has been arguably very successful.

Strolled the Championship, finished third first season up, and sitting second when Neilson left.

It's all been downhill since, a consequence of the Cathro debacle, but arguably the ship has been steadied.

What does this phrase "the ship has been steadied" actually mean??  Our last 3 seasons have seen us finish 3rd, 5th and now 6th. People assuming that just because we had lost a last minute goal to Peterhead we were getting relegated. Nonsense. It was a meaningless devalued pre season LC league stage. Who cares? I was far more concerned with the defeat in the Scottish Cup at Mwell. Others just shrug their shoulders at that defeat. 

After 3 years, we still don't have a midfield or a left back. We are still woefully short of pace and creativity. We will probably be looking for another goalkeeper again along with a striker.  Please explain to me how the ship has been steadied and how you feel we have progressed this season.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What does this phrase "the ship has been steadied" actually mean??  Our last 3 seasons have seen us finish 3rd, 5th and now 6th. People assuming that just because we had lost a last minute goal to Peterhead we were getting relegated. Nonsense. It was a meaningless devalued pre season LC league stage. Who cares? I was far more concerned with the defeat in the Scottish Cup at Mwell. Others just shrug their shoulders at that defeat. 

After 3 years, we still don't have a midfield or a left back. We are still woefully short of pace and creativity. We will probably be looking for another goalkeeper again along with a striker.  Please explain to me how the ship has been steadied and how you feel we have progressed this season.

But it's not just about this season.  You said we had to look at Levein's record as a whole.

As far as this season goes, the football has been pump, but we look steadier than we did under Cathro, ergo slight improvement.

Our left backs seem to get injured all the time.  Mitchell looked really good, but gets crocked.  Cathro's tenure unbalanced the squad, Levein backed his manager, so some blame apportioned to CL, but he trusted Cathro.  As you would expect any DoF to do.

So basically Levein screwed up with the Cathro appointment, and we are beginning to try to get out of that.  Inaction in sacking him i.e. giving him the summer and LC games didn't help with squad formation and only so much CL could do in January.  This season has been one of consolidation, I guess.

Regards the Motherwell cup game...we lost a shit first goal, weren't at the races first half, second half on another day Lafferty gets a hat-trick but in the end we are beaten by a wonder strike.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Cathro took us from 2nd to 5th, which looks better than it was as we were in free fall.

The damage he had done impacted on this season regardless of what you bash on about ad nauseum.   We were a certainty for the bottom six and possibly worse but have made top six.  I think we might have finished higher had injuries not killed us.

Regardless of your opinion the league cup results against Peterhead and Dunfermline were significant and robbed us of one of our two trophy targets for the season.

Positives include the SC wins over St Johnstone and the shite and setting a clean sheet record for the club.

Yes we can agree that we are lacking the players for midfield and width - part of that is down to injuries - the other part is that CL had one week before the end of the summer window to make his own signings, and signing anyone for the sake of it is pointless.

19 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

You are like a dog with a bone.

Killie have been transformed, for how long , who knows. I wouldn't be buying my Steve Clarke T- shirt until he can carry on some of his good work next season. He has done well, I don't know why Steve Clark doing well has to be used to batter Craig about the head with. It's strange.

Motherwell have went backwards, they are in no way better shape than us going forward. 

Hibs have had consistency of squad and manager for 2/3 years now, this summer is a big challenge for them- players leaving and higher expectations- They also taken 3 years to get out of the Championship.

Rangers have went through several managers, relay on soft loans and have a crumbling infrastructure. They are not any template on how to run a football club properly.

Aberdeen have had consistency for 7/8 years now, but are now at a cross roads on the park and off the park. They built up over time , they didn't change things in 1/2 seasons.

You compare us to other clubs but apply no balance or context.

Out of all these clubs we are the only one to have came out of admin, built a £15m stand and overhauled our infrastructure- you will dismiss this, but it has a massive impact on the finances as well as the playing side this season.

We had two good seasons, we actually finished 3rd on our first season back, hibs are 4th on their first season back- you will dismiss this as there was no rangers/ hibs, completely ignoring the fact that they were missing as we kept them down in the first place.

We suffered a poor European result, however it isn't even the worst result by a Scottish team in the past year- news flash, Scottish clubs aren't that good in Europe. I'd bet my house we and other Scottish teams get beat from unknown teams in the future.

Fans were not happy with us sitting second in the league- let that sink in.

Cathro, who many celebrated when he came in was a disaster, the cherry on the cake was getting beat of Peterhead and finishing below them in a league set up.

Since then, we have ditched some of the deadwood, improved and steadied the playing side. We of course need to improve further, Craig knows this- hence his 9 players comment.

You and other posters seem to think every other team is doing better and every manager that is doing well ( Hartley, Archibald McAnn, Pressley, Johnston, Clarke, Wright- delete as per flavour of the month) , but you are either very short sighted or stupid not to apply context and the bigger picture.

This " we are Hearts and should be beating teams like Dundee, Killie, Motherwell etc: all the time" is reeking and I have no idea where it has came from. Spoilt little children who go in the huff when things don't go there way spring to mind.

Every club will " monitor " season ticket sales, hardly a jump to think any business wouldn't track sales. 

Give it up, we all agree we need to improve- no one disagrees on that, we all know you don't like Craig. Craig isn't getting sacked. Do yourself a favour-Turn the page.

At last someone with a balanced view based on the facts excellent post

Enzo Chiefo
34 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Cathro took us from 2nd to 5th, which looks better than it was as we were in free fall.

The damage he had done impacted on this season regardless of what you bash on about ad nauseum.   We were a certainty for the bottom six and possibly worse but have made top six.  I think we might have finished higher had injuries not killed us.

Regardless of your opinion the league cup results against Peterhead and Dunfermline were significant and robbed us of one of our two trophy targets for the season.

Positives include the SC wins over St Johnstone and the shite and setting a clean sheet record for the club.

Yes we can agree that we are lacking the players for midfield and width - part of that is down to injuries - the other part is that CL had one week before the end of the summer window to make his own signings, and signing anyone for the sake of it is pointless.

Frank, you keep repeating the same baseless assertions and pass them off as facts. I don't know how many times i have to correct people on this: we were 2nd, only due to playing mire games, when Neilson left but we were 3rd when Cathro took over. 

What damage did he do this season? Were experienced players like Berra and Lafferty, signed on Cathro's watch, do traumatised by the pre season Peterhead defeat that it ruined our season? Evidence please.

What proof is there to back up your assertion that "We were certainties for bottom 6" before a ball had been kicked? 

The lack of creative midfielders is nothing to do with injuries. We don't have any good enough for this level in our squad imo. 

I agree with the 2 positive SC victories but we were "robbed of one of our two trophy targets" by the way our manager set the team up against Mwell.

I appreciate that you are willing to make every excuse in the book for Levein, I however think he has created a real malaise around the club and don't have any faith in him being able or willing to make the necessary changes to allow us to progress. 

31 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Frank, you keep repeating the same baseless assertions and pass them off as facts. I don't know how many times i have to correct people on this: we were 2nd, only due to playing mire games, when Neilson left but we were 3rd when Cathro took over. 

What damage did he do this season? Were experienced players like Berra and Lafferty, signed on Cathro's watch, do traumatised by the pre season Peterhead defeat that it ruined our season? Evidence please.

What proof is there to back up your assertion that "We were certainties for bottom 6" before a ball had been kicked? 

The lack of creative midfielders is nothing to do with injuries. We don't have any good enough for this level in our squad imo. 

I agree with the 2 positive SC victories but we were "robbed of one of our two trophy targets" by the way our manager set the team up against Mwell.

I appreciate that you are willing to make every excuse in the book for Levein, I however think he has created a real malaise around the club and don't have any faith in him being able or willing to make the necessary changes to allow us to progress. 

The form table for the time of Cathro's reign suggests we were relegation candidates.  Go look it up.

CL had a week to sign players after taking over - short of offering £100m to Barca for Messi, where do you think we are going to find 2 or 3 creative midfield players in a week?

We had an injury ravaged team at Motherwell.  Boris covered that well above, but to add I think Djoum and Mitchell both getting injured the week before was seriously damaging to us.

Fortunately what you want and what is going to happen are two completely different things.  CL will be here to rebuild over the summer - if he fails to show significant improvement then I will also be asking questions about his position.

Enzo Chiefo
35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The form table for the time of Cathro's reign suggests we were relegation candidates.  Go look it up.

CL had a week to sign players after taking over - short of offering £100m to Barca for Messi, where do you think we are going to find 2 or 3 creative midfield players in a week?

We had an injury ravaged team at Motherwell.  Boris covered that well above, but to add I think Djoum and Mitchell both getting injured the week before was seriously damaging to us.

Fortunately what you want and what is going to happen are two completely different things.  CL will be here to rebuild over the summer - if he fails to show significant improvement then I will also be asking questions about his position.

Of course injuries hinder any manager but I'm sure you'll agree that the Mwell defeat can be attributed to a terrible 1st half performance in which we set up too negatively.  Cathro suffered bad luck within days of taking over when first Patterson and then Souttar were ruled out for months. He only had the Jan transfer window to find replacements.

The form table looked bad, mainly because of a collapse during the Top 6 games. We shouldn't be complacent about likely results in the top 6 this season  either. However, form tables by definition are temporary and are never used before a ball is kicked to predict a final league placing. Given that we had signed Berra and Lafferty with Souttar fit again, there was never any  chance that we woukd be flirting with relegation.  Indeed, all the indications would point to us being more or less where we are had Cathro been manager 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Unless we get completely humiliated in the top 6 matches then Levein will be here in August. 

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Of course injuries hinder any manager but I'm sure you'll agree that the Mwell defeat can be attributed to a terrible 1st half performance in which we set up too negatively.  Cathro suffered bad luck within days of taking over when first Patterson and then Souttar were ruled out for months. He only had the Jan transfer window to find replacements.

The form table looked bad, mainly because of a collapse during the Top 6 games. We shouldn't be complacent about likely results in the top 6 this season  either. However, form tables by definition are temporary and are never used before a ball is kicked to predict a final league placing. Given that we had signed Berra and Lafferty with Souttar fit again, there was never any  chance that we woukd be flirting with relegation.  Indeed, all the indications would point to us being more or less where we are had Cathro been manager 

I see you have completely ignored both my posts and Boris' post above about the Motherwell game.  Any excuse to suit your agenda I suppose.  I suppose CL told Callachan to dummy the ball for the opening Well goal too.

The form table continued right through pre-season into the League Cup.  Getting humiliated by a team of Fishermen and another team a division below at home showed Cathro had failed.  I would have sacked Cathro after the Cup Derby where the proof was that he was out of his depth.

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Unless we get completely humiliated in the top 6 matches then Levein will be here in August. 

Levein wil be here regardless and rightly so . It's a big year for him though. No progress and he will be gone imo . 

Enzo Chiefo
9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I see you have completely ignored both my posts and Boris' post above about the Motherwell game.  Any excuse to suit your agenda I suppose.  I suppose CL told Callachan to dummy the ball for the opening Well goal too.

The form table continued right through pre-season into the League Cup.  Getting humiliated by a team of Fishermen and another team a division below at home showed Cathro had failed.  I would have sacked Cathro after the Cup Derby where the proof was that he was out of his depth.

I didn't ignore your previous posts. I just don't agree with them, there is a difference. Its a poor excuse for losing to Motherwell and one that is out of step with the majority of fans. You will struggle to find many fans that don't blame the tactics of CL for that result. They were hungrier, more determined, more creative and quicker in moving the ball about than us. CLs negativity is creating a malaise around the club and is not conducive to the players performing to their best. I would sack CL at the end of the season for the same reason that you would have sacked Cathro after only 2 months.

Incidentally, all goals come from mistakes. We have benefited from many. Indeed, if it wasn't for a refereeing decision at Tynie, the goal tgat wasn't  we would have lost to Hibs yet again.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

30 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I didn't ignore your previous posts. I just don't agree with them, there is a difference. Its a poor excuse for losing to Motherwell and one that is out of step with the majority of fans. You will struggle to find many fans that don't blame the tactics of CL for that result. They were hungrier, more determined, more creative and quicker in moving the ball about than us. CLs negativity is creating a malaise around the club and is not conducive to the players performing to their best. I would sack CL at the end of the season for the same reason that you would have sacked Cathro after only 2 months.

Incidentally, all goals come from mistakes. We have benefited from many. Indeed, if it wasn't for a refereeing decision at Tynie, the goal tgat wasn't  we would have lost to Hibs yet again.

And here we have it - the crux of your argument is we are below Hibs in the table so CL must go.

You are ignoring the arguments put to you about injuries, a brain fart by Callachan, and a wonder strike by Motherwell.   You can can only change your tactics if you have the personnel to fit.  We have been filling the team full of kids far too early due to lack of available/good enough senior players.

Negativity by the manager is your view - which you had before he was appointed.  Others would say he is playing to the strengths of the players he has available in strained circumstances.

Christ knows how many managers we would go through with people like you in charge.

I really don't know what you hope to achieve with your endless repetitive droning negativity - one thing for sure you are wasting your time as the manager is going nowhere before next season.

40 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Levein wil be here regardless and rightly so . It's a big year for him though. No progress and he will be gone imo . 

That is my view too - I wish others would quit with the constant negative digs at the club at all levels until we see what team can be assembled for next season.

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

And here we have it - the crux of your argument is we are below Hibs in the table so CL must go.

You are ignoring the arguments put to you about injuries, a brain fart by Callachan, and a wonder strike by Motherwell.   You can can only change your tactics if you have the personnel to fit.  We have been filling the team full of kids far too early due to lack of available/good enough senior players.

Negativity by the manager is your view - which you had before he was appointed.  Others would say he is playing to the strengths of the players he has available in strained circumstances.

Christ knows how many managers we would go through with people like you in charge.

I really don't know what you hope to achieve with your endless repetitive droning negativity - one thing for sure you are wasting your time as the manager is going nowhere before next season.

You've  got fixed ideas Frank based on faith rather than hard facts. I'm done here. At the end of the day  as we are seeing on another thread fans will vote with their feet and their money 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Without Neilson this sorry experiment would have been scrapped long ago.Cathro and then Levein have both been bad choices. 

sandylejambo

I would be more relaxed about Levein being in charge next season if we showed any improvement away from home, we have not, after every away match we are all agreed that we where shit, and that the manager has to have us playing better next away match,  nope still the same shit as last time, he can't do it, thats what's worrying me.

Francis Albert
18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Strange question I know but context is everything. If Hibs had won the league and we were 15 points behind them but clear in second would it be a disgrace?

Nightmare is the word that springs to my mind when contemplating that scenario.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Nightmare is the word that springs to my mind when contemplating that scenario.

But a historically good season for Hearts in coming second. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Getting to the final in 2012 was historically a good cup run for Hibs but I'd hesitate to congratulate a Hibs fan on the achievement.

Especially if he was bigger than me.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It's not the Hibs point in isolation. It's sitting so far adrift of a minimum placing target. If we end up 20+ points off top 4 I fail to see how anyone can defend that 

21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Getting to the final in 2012 was historically a good cup run for Hibs but I'd hesitate to congratulate a Hibs fan on the achievement.

Especially if he was bigger than me.

Getting beaten in a quarter, semi or grand final is not something to crow about anyway. 

7 hours ago, Spencer said:

It's not the Hibs point in isolation. It's sitting so far adrift of a minimum placing target. If we end up 20+ points off top 4 I fail to see how anyone can defend that 

I think you have got Hibs on the brain.