Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

35 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you have got Hibs on the brain.

How would you view missing top 4 by c. 20 points? 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

How would you view missing top 4 by c. 20 points? 

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START TALKING ABOUT OFFERS TO 3 PLAYERS (the subject of the thread) INSTEAD OF YOUR CONSTANT SHIT ABOUT HIBS  ETC., THE SAME TIRED OLD DRIVEL YOU SPOUT DAY IN AND DAY OUT?

If you want to talk about your beloved Hibs, start a separate thread!

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START TALKING ABOUT OFFERS TO 3 PLAYERS (the subject of the thread) INSTEAD OF YOUR CONSTANT SHIT ABOUT HIBS  ETC., THE SAME TIRED OLD DRIVEL YOU SPOUT DAY IN AND DAY OUT?

If you want to talk about your beloved Hibs, start a separate thread!

You mentioned them twice. Presumably you are OK with 20+ points 

I'm sure they are 3 crackers we have lined up 

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Spencer said:

Let's face it. It matters not to you who they are. You will still find a way to put them, the club and CL down.

I've never met anyone who will spin positive to negative to the extent you do. You seem to take little joy from being a Hearts fan and you post with zero humor here. 

We will be better next season. Bookmark that last line.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Struggling to see how the vast majority of this thread is on topic. 

Whose the 3 players?

Another poster on a different thread mentioned they are of high quality.

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Struggling to see how the vast majority of this thread is on topic. 

Whose the 3 players?

Another poster on a different thread mentioned they are of high quality.

It seems the club are doing their business quietly, and early. The main reason I'd imagine is that these players are out of contract in the summer, therefore we are respecting their current clubs and not divulging who they are to the wider audience. I for one am happy with that.

Makes keeping on topic quite difficult. Then again, how many threads DO remain on topic these days?

sandylejambo

even if we've made offers to players, they are not signed up. We might have offered Renaldo £3.5 grand a week, I don't think he,ll sign. Let's get excited when we have scarfs above heads and maybe that will boost season ticket sales.

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

even if we've made offers to players, they are not signed up. We might have offered Renaldo £3.5 grand a week, I don't think he,ll sign. Let's get excited when we have scarfs above heads and maybe that will boost season ticket sales.

One step at a time.

We need to make offers before they get accepted :pleased:.

Trying to get some business done early is a good thing.

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, RDC1 said:

Great thread. :wtf:

Hijacked by the usual, spouting the same stuff since August.

rick witter
3 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

Let's face it. It matters not to you who they are. You will still find a way to put them, the club and CL down.

I've never met anyone who will spin positive to negative to the extent you do. You seem to take little joy from being a Hearts fan and you post with zero humor here. 

We will be better next season. Bookmark that last line.

We will be better I agree but we need to be quite a bit better to start competing with the teams above us. We have failed to beat Hibs Aberdeen or Rangers in the league this season although we had a superb result against Celtic at home. 

I just hope the 3 players are experienced players who know the game in Scotland/Britain as that’s what we need to build the mainstay of the team

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We will be better I agree but we need to be quite a bit better to start competing with the teams above us. We have failed to beat Hibs Aberdeen or Rangers in the league this season although we had a superb result against Celtic at home. 

I just hope the 3 players are experienced players who know the game in Scotland/Britain as that’s what we need to build the mainstay of the team

Nice, balanced post.

Everyone knows we need to be doing better. Positive times ahead, I feel.

Hibs and Killie's form has been freakishly consistent and the standard of the top six is higher this year

Any other, relatively normal season those two would be a lot closer to us than the top three so I don't think there's much point  worrying about being so far behind

An anomaly of a season 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I agree but,

2 draws v Aberdeen

1 draw/ 1 defeat v rangers.

Hibs, 0-0, 0-1, 0-2 and cup 1-0 

The margins are small but they do need addressed.

Nothing that adding width, balance and depth to the team won't fix . All issues we realised were mis managed under cathro and were not going to be fixed in January.

Craig knows this.

I don't expect any massive improvement from now until the season end, for the sinple reason that the above won't and can't be solved. Yet, some people seem surprised that from game to game we don't suddenly improve and play better. Baffling.

I hope our signings address our key weakness's, the first 3 will help keep interest for season ticket sales.

The ‘playing youngsters to deflect’ line is as pathetic as it is ignorant.

Levein deserves massive plaudits for the opportunities he has given youngsters this season and we will reap the benefits in the coming seasons - both with some of the youngsters from this season and from the young players we will be able to get to the club because they know they will get the chance to get first team games that they wouldn’t elsewhere.

Levein the manager has had one transfer window and he brought in quality players.

I am 100 percent confident that this summer window will be a good one for us.

The time to start judging Levein if you really have ants in your pants is October but on my view it is Xmas.

Edited by Jammy T

24 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I agree but,

2 draws v Aberdeen

1 draw/ 1 defeat v rangers.

Hibs, 0-0, 0-1, 0-2 and cup 1-0 

The margins are small but they do need addressed.

Nothing that adding width, balance and depth to the team won't fix . All issues we realised were mis managed under cathro and were not going to be fixed in January.

Craig knows this.

I don't expect any massive improvement from now until the season end, for the sinple reason that the above won't and can't be solved. Yet, some people seem surprised that from game to game we don't suddenly improve and play better. Baffling.

I hope our signings address our key weakness's, the first 3 will help keep interest for season ticket sales.

It's all Cathro's fault eh Tosh 

1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

This Renaldo you on about?

02626FAC-6F01-42DF-93CD-35021E5EA28F.jpeg

davemclaren
50 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We do need players like that but not necessarily these three. Though not sure how we will know which of the 9/10 playets we actually sign will be in this particular trio. ?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

It's all Cathro's fault eh Tosh 

He done more damage than meets the eye and even then Craig has improved us since he left.

You won't acknowledge that and think the solution is changing manager-again. I get it.

Take some time off if you need to- relax, enjoy life.

Come back when either we improve or Craig has gone, you seem too angry and depressed atm and only one of these outcomes will make you happy.

I remember how happy you were on Robbie leaving- good times for you.

The happy clappers will ensure The team is financed and supported in the meantime- hold the fort if you will.

You and others who are unhappy don't need to worry.

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

He done more damage than meets the eye and even then Craig has improved us since he left.

You won't acknowledge that and think the solution is changing manager-again. I get it.

Take some time off if you need to- relax, enjoy life.

Come back when either we improve or Craig has gone, you seem too angry and depressed atm and only one of these outcomes will make you happy.

I remember how happy you were on Robbie leaving- good times for you.

The happy clappers will ensure The team is financed and supported in the meantime- hold the fort if you will.

You and others who are unhappy don't need to worry.

You have forget to mention that we have improved since Peterhead beat us. How did you leave that out? The squad that Cathro inherited had a number of issues. He unfortunately made it worse together with the endorsement of Director of Football 

I'm just astonished at how easily our performance is accepted.  We have set ourselves a minimum target this season of 4th place. Not an unreasonable target for a club of our stature in Scottish football? To potentially miss that target by around 20 points is frankly pathetic 

I will renew my season ticket as I have for the last 35 years. I very much hope that things do improve materially next year as we have endured 2 awful seasons back to back. Unfortunately I have seen nothing to suggest that we are on the right track. We are harder to beat undoubtedly but we sadly lack any attacking intent or any style of play. It's frequently a putrid watch like Sunday 

There is evidently quite a gap to be bridged with teams above us. We can only hope that those players he is seeking to recruit improve our fortunes as it's going to be very difficult for Ann Budge to try and justify another such season to fans next year. 

3 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

It seems the club are doing their business quietly, and early. The main reason I'd imagine is that these players are out of contract in the summer, therefore we are respecting their current clubs and not divulging who they are to the wider audience. I for one am happy with that.

Makes keeping on topic quite difficult. Then again, how many threads DO remain on topic these days?

The ones that Spencer doesnt post on! 

1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

I suspect deals have been done. Just keeping quiet to protect players and current Clubs. Would be a difficult situation at Hibs from now to end of season if it was public knowledge that McGeouch had signed for us. Similarly at Hull with McGregor. 

5 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You have forget to mention that we have improved since Peterhead beat us. How did you leave that out? The squad that Cathro inherited had a number of issues. He unfortunately made it worse together with the endorsement of Director of Football 

I'm just astonished at how easily our performance is accepted.  We have set ourselves a minimum target this season of 4th place. Not an unreasonable target for a club of our stature in Scottish football? To potentially miss that target by around 20 points is frankly pathetic 

I will renew my season ticket as I have for the last 35 years. I very much hope that things do improve materially next year as we have endured 2 awful seasons back to back. Unfortunately I have seen nothing to suggest that we are on the right track. We are harder to beat undoubtedly but we sadly lack any attacking intent or any style of play. It's frequently a putrid watch like Sunday 

There is evidently quite a gap to be bridged with teams above us. We can only hope that those players he is seeking to recruit improve our fortunes as it's going to be very difficult for Ann Budge to try and justify another such season to fans next year. 

Leven supported his manager and didn’t interfere.

The opposite of what the JKB moguls declared.

At the time interference was a rod to beat him with, now not interfering is the same rod.

It is admitted that Cathro was a mistake - although we were nearly all 100% behind it at the time.

Moyes was a mistake for Man U

John Barnes for Celtic

McCoist for Rangers

Shit hapens FFS

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

No one is accepting anything, the difference opinion is how to fix it- you think changing manager will, I don't. 

Nothing is being accepted. 

Pathetic, putrid- you do have a way with words.

Tbf, if a 1-1 draw with Dundee away is putrid, I feel you will be set up for more disappointment. You should maybe reconsider if Hearts are for You, I fear for your mental and emotional health.

The gap can be bridged with better players, more balance and a real manager taking pre season so we don't repeat the lc debacle. Not quite the chasim you believe, imo.

We all agree on the last part.

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

No one is accepting anything, the difference opinion is how to fix it- you think changing manager will, I don't. 

Nothing is being accepted. 

Pathetic, putrid- you do have a way with words.

Tbf, if a 1-1 draw with Dundee away is putrid, I feel you will be set up for more disappointment. You should maybe reconsider if Hearts are for You, I fear for your mental and emotional health.

The gap can be bridged with better players, more balance and a real manager taking pre season so we don't repeat the lc debacle. Not quite the chasim you believe, imo.

We all agree on the last part.

This coming from someone who wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup!! 

:facepalm:

SuperstarSteve

Quietly confident we will have a terrific summer window and will be pushing for top 4 next season, maybe even a trip to Hampden! 

The damage Cathro done can’t be used as an excuse for failure next season. 

Things can change for the better just as quickly as it went to shit! A year and a half we’ve had a dark cloud hovering above us (no coincidence that’s when Cathro arrived). Next season is our season. HHGH

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

No one is ''accepting'' it!! FFS, how many times must you be told?!

Very few supporters are ''happy'' with the majority of our performances this season. We do, however, realize that there are underlying reasons, (not excuses) for this. We also acknowledge that there are signs of improvement and indeed progress regards youth development, the caliber of player we can attract and securing the financial future of the club. Can you not see the bigger picture here? Our product on the pitch is not good at the moment, agreed, we ALL agree. But everything I mentioned before is geared towards improving that product. Almost like we are starting again. New foundations, if you like. Finance, youth, better standard of player coming to the club. It's all there and it'll take time, (hopefully not much longer) before it all bears fruit. Binning Mr Levein will be a step backwards IMO. We will have another management philosophy, another influx and exodus of players, more disjointed performances and STILL no guarantee that it will be any better than CURRENT standards on the pitch.

I understand the argument for replacing Levein, I do. I genuinely believe though that we are on the verge of him building another very good Hearts team, capable of challenging at least for cups, and also European football. Don't forget, since 1986 there have really only been 2 Hearts teams constructed that were able to do this, and win. JJ'S 1998 and the 2006 teams. 2012 was successful, but the brand of football was tough to watch. It's all part of the roller coaster that is supporting Hearts.

Spencer, everyone knows you have good points. However you have absolutely no balance to your argument and it's impossible to reason with you. You constantly tell us you are just voicing your opinion and we have to accept that, but the fact you are utterly unwilling to accept positive tones from others is the reason you get the stick you do.

Right, I'm off to pack a bag. Leaving for Philadelphia soon. Hoping to grab a pint with a fellow Jambo and KB member whilst there.

BobbyJenkins
9 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Very few supporters are ''happy'' with the majority of our performances this season. We do, however, realize that there are underlying reasons, (not excuses) for this. We also acknowledge that there are signs of improvement and indeed progress regards youth development, the caliber of player we can attract and securing the financial future of the club. Can you not see the bigger picture here? Our product on the pitch is not good at the moment, agreed, we ALL agree. But everything I mentioned before is geared towards improving that product. Almost like we are starting again. New foundations, if you like. Finance, youth, better standard of player coming to the club. It's all there and it'll take time, (hopefully not much longer) before it all bears fruit. Binning Mr Levein will be a step backwards IMO. We will have another management philosophy, another influx and exodus of players, more disjointed performances and STILL no guarantee that it will be any better than CURRENT standards on the pitch.

I understand the argument for replacing Levein, I do. I genuinely believe though that we are on the verge of him building another very good Hearts team, capable of challenging at least for cups, and also European football. Don't forget, since 1986 there have really only been 2 Hearts teams constructed that were able to do this, and win. JJ'S 1998 and the 2006 teams. 2012 was successful, but the brand of football was tough to watch. It's all part of the roller coaster that is supporting Hearts.

Spencer, everyone knows you have good points. However you have absolutely no balance to your argument and it's impossible to reason with you. You constantly tell us you are just voicing your opinion and we have to accept that, but the fact you are utterly unwilling to accept positive tones from others is the reason you get the stick you do.

Right, I'm off to pack a bag. Leaving for Philadelphia soon. Hoping to grab a pint with a fellow Jambo and KB member whilst there.

Hes a banana, youre wasting your time.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Spencer said:

This coming from someone who wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup!! 

:facepalm:

There's only one poster who bangs on about them all the 

It isn't me.

2 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

Nice, balanced post.

Everyone knows we need to be doing better. Positive times ahead, I feel.

We have the basis of a good squad    Adding to the midfield with a couple of quality additions who will create things and OUR MANAGER HAVING A GO AT TEAMS AWAY FROM HOME, and the fans will back Levein. The Celtic game (at Tynie) showed the way to play away from home, press from the start.

1 hour ago, New York Fleapit said:

Couldn’t have put it better myself. Great post mate. Say hi to Will Smith and Sly for me. Enjoy.

Edited by goldie83

20 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

We have the basis of a good squad    Adding to the midfield with a couple of quality additions who will create things and OUR MANAGER HAVING A GO AT TEAMS AWAY FROM HOME, and the fans will back Levein. The Celtic game (at Tynie) showed the way to play away from home, press from the start.

I think he'd like to do that but what with injuries and his claim about our lack of fitness, that is not easy.

He says we will be fitter next season and of course new/better faces should appear so all in all we look forward to a better upcoming season

FarmerTweedy
9 hours ago, Spencer said:

If they're players of the calibre of Adao, Mitchell and Naismith, I'll be delighted. 

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think he'd like to do that but what with injuries and his claim about our lack of fitness, that is not easy.

He says we will be fitter next season and of course new/better faces should appear so all in all we look forward to a better upcoming season

What? Levels of fitness still an issue 7 months after Cathro left?

1 hour ago, New York Fleapit said:

Great post re the club comments - 100% agree with u 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Not a proper pre-season according to Jon Daly when he took over.

You can't do a pre-season during a season.

1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Quietly confident we will have a terrific summer window and will be pushing for top 4 next season, maybe even a trip to Hampden! 

The damage Cathro done can’t be used as an excuse for failure next season. 

Things can change for the better just as quickly as it went to shit! A year and a half we’ve had a dark cloud hovering above us (no coincidence that’s when Cathro arrived). Next season is our season. HHGH

So am I. Looking forward to next season now. Good signings on the horizon and back to where we should be again.

A  pity this thread has been allowed to slide into the usual anti Levein nonsense so beloved by certain individuals.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Did I just give you a new angle of attack?  Fitness now, is it?

I was making reference to his CLAIM if you read the article in the Evening Hibby.

He said it is difficult to cure it during the season, the inference being the job was not properly done by Cathro during pre season.  He is right or wrong, I don't know , but I am sure that if you are a fitness guru as well as being a financial wizard you'll be able to enlighten us.

4 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Not a proper pre-season according to Jon Daly when he took over.

You can't do a pre-season during a season.

It always amazes me how dismissive people can be about things like fitness and pre-season training. Same goes for recovery time after injuries and getting match sharp/fit.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Bez said:

It always amazes me how dismissive people can be about things like fitness and pre-season training. Same goes for recovery time after injuries and getting match sharp/fit.

Nah. Part-time job

Nothing better to do

8 hours work a week

I used to play fitba 17 hours a day when I were a lad

Too much time in Nando's

And takin' selfies

Wage feeves

Cathro

Levein...

Image result for falling asleep gif

Bridge of Djoum
45 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Couldn’t have put it better myself. Great post mate. Say hi to Will Smith and Sly for me. Enjoy.

Will do, mate. Cheers!

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did I just give you a new angle of attack?  Fitness now, is it?

I was making reference to his CLAIM if you read the article in the Evening Hibby.

He said it is difficult to cure it during the season, the inference being the job was not properly done by Cathro during pre season.  He is right or wrong, I don't know , but I am sure that if you are a fitness guru as well as being a financial wizard you'll be able to enlighten us.

OK. So Craig CLAIMS fitness levels are an issue 7 months after Cathro left?

And our Director of Football just watched on as the players didn't get a proper pre-season when the main (only?) excuse for retaining him was to allow Cathro a full pre-season?

And since Cathro left we have had a number of two week breaks for "International weekends" (in which  a lot of our players are not involved)  and a three week winter break, in aggregate the equivalent of a full pre-season.

The lengths people will go to defend the indefensible!

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And our Director of Football just watched on as the players didn't get a proper pre-season when the main (only?) excuse for retaining him was to allow Cathro a full pre-season?

And since Cathro left we have had a number of two week breaks for "International weekends" (in which  a lot of our players are not involved)  and a three week winter break, in aggregate the equivalent of a full pre-season.

Play much senior football Francis? ?

Many old people seem to be stuck in a world where players played with broken bones etc. Wanton ignorance. 

:sob:

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I suspect deals have been done. Just keeping quiet to protect players and current Clubs. Would be a difficult situation at Hibs from now to end of season if it was public knowledge that McGeouch had signed for us. Similarly at Hull with McGregor. 

???

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No one is trying to defend anything.  CL has made a claim!  I am not saying he is wrong or right.  Your obsession with CL is beyond belief.  He appointed a H/Coach and either backs him or sacks.  He did the former until the latter became inevitable.

More to the point

WHAT IS YOUR VIEW ON THE 3 OFFERS? 

3 hours ago, Spencer said:

You are some case Spencer. Do you ever have anything positive to say?

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Tbh, I think our thin, injury ridden squad might be feeling it now. Baring in mind they weren't 100% under cathro when the season started.

Folk like Lafferty- playing non stop, even naismith who had an injury. Add Cowie, milinkovic and Ross to that list. Adao and Danny  only played regularly  since feb are all not 100%

Berra  must be bruised as well and is carrying a niggle.

If you sit back, take a deep breath and think about it rather than brain fart all over jkb -it makes sense.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed