• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• tian447

• ...a bit disco

• Maroon Sailor

Surely we'll get to see something this week.  A teaser, a glimpse, even a poorly-drawn MS Paint version of what it looks like would do me. 

Phil D. Corners

Do we have a sponsor for next season?

As far as I’m aware the delay with ‘save the children’ was just for 3 years which I assume has now expired. 

Im just won’t if this is the reason for the delay to release the kits. 

Also just noticed that no players have been photographed with save the children since season finished. (Except Olly, but photos wee take around the hibs game.)

Edited by Phil D. Corners

A_A wehatethehibs

New sponsor this year you say?

“[every new sponsor year for the last 20 years] Please be strongbow, please be strongbow, please be strongbow....”

I don’t even like cider 

Phil D. Corners
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

“[every new sponsor year for the last 20 years] Please be strongbow, please be strongbow, please be strongbow....”

I don’t even like cider 

There was a rumour about a ‘strongbow suite’ in the new stand thread. 

He Who Cannot Be Named
4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don’t even like cider 

why do you want it to be strongbow?

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, kila said:

Nostalgia

Yup. I liked them as a sponsor but don't need to keep looking back.

Would it be mad to suggest Emirates as a potential sponsor with them starting flights from Edinburgh airport?

It's a bit worrying we dont have a sponsor lined up. 

I'm in with the Strongbow nostalgia. Maybe there is something in it. The 98 cup winning replica strip has Strongbow but not the Olympic Sports logo. I assume the club had talks with Strongbow to use it.  

8 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

I'm in with the Strongbow nostalgia. Maybe there is something in it. The 98 cup winning replica strip has Strongbow but not the Olympic Sports logo. I assume the club had talks with Strongbow to use it.  

Who says we dont have a sponsor?!??? You?!!

Gulf Jambo
13 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Could it not just be that we're not able to announce it until the last deal with Save the Children is finished?

3 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Who says we dont have a sponsor?!??? You?!!

Well the 'Save the children' deal is over and I've seen nothing about a replacement on the website.  

Thats the facts unless I missed something.

11 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Could it not just be that we're not able to announce it until the last deal with Save the Children is finished?

Probably.

Sure there is something lined up.

13 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

I think it is finished. There is nothing on the website anymore. 

I dont see any reason to delay an announcement. 

Regardless, I'm sure Ann will have something that fits the values of the club lined up before the season starts.  

PhoenixHearts

Could it be we are waiting for the transfer window to open as we've got a super secret signing already lined up to come in and launch the new kit? I don't think it's absolutely necessary to get some new faces launching the new kit, but you could end up the other way round like Hibs with 5 absolutely nameless nomarks modelling for you.

Reckon we'll see something by the end of this week? In the next two weeks surely. Has to be before the world cup you'd think.

Bad Religion

Something to do with the new club store maybe? launch the new strip on its opening day?

I have no idea when its due to open.

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup. I liked them as a sponsor but don't need to keep looking back.

Would it be mad to suggest Emirates as a potential sponsor with them starting flights from Edinburgh airport?

That would be a class sponsor, made better by the fact it is a plain white text logo!  Would look brilliant on the home shirts. 

Plus they're ****ing loaded :lol:

The likes of Emirates have been a massive issue in saturating football with money and creating a chasm between the elite and the rest.  A big part of the ruin of football imo.

But if they wanted to batter some money in to us, I'd happily bow down to them as my overlord and master!

Imagine even £3M a year from them.  Loose change really, but what a difference it'd make to us!  Worth a wee daydream.  Neymar looking to get out of Paris too....

Money4NothingDrinks4Free

I have a friend who works for a marketing agency that deals with a few football teams, one of which being Hearts.

He has sent me this image of a shirt they are using to draft up twitter and facebook promotions to sell the shirt.

Looks like a bit of a mock up but apparently they are waiting for the top to be signed off by Hearts and for high res imagery.

Personally Turkish Airlines wouldn't be my choice of sponsor....

Hearts 2018 Home Top.JPG

4 minutes ago, Money4NothingDrinks4Free said:

I have a friend who works for a marketing agency that deals with a few football teams, one of which being Hearts.

He has sent me this image of a shirt they are using to draft up twitter and facebook promotions to sell the shirt.

Looks like a bit of a mock up but apparently they are waiting for the top to be signed off by Hearts and for high res imagery.

Hearts 2018 Home Top.JPG

Does this 'friend' often rip the piss out of you??

13 minutes ago, Money4NothingDrinks4Free said:

Hearts 2018 Home Top.JPG

Cool, so an Umbro template that looks nothing like what any other team has got, and nothing like what Umbro are still using, badly put together on Paint.NET with a sponsor that doesn't even fit the shirt, using a colour combinaton that no-one in their right mind would ever suggest. 

This must be it, lads! :rofl:

alwaysthereinspirit
16 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Saw this on twitter.. @storarmedia it's mint

SmartSelect_20180603-205610_Twitter.jpg

I'll need to start dieting (3 months ago) to pull that of.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Cool, so an Umbro template that looks nothing like what any other team has got, and nothing like what Umbro are still using, badly put together on Paint.NET with a sponsor that doesn't even fit the shirt, using a colour combinaton that no-one in their right mind would ever suggest. 

Not to mention it isn't even our official shade of maroon either.

Poor effort 1/10

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Edited by ...a bit disco

@storarmedia on twitter will probably have a few more, can’t guarantee it but chances are he will be drafting another couple of ideas in the coming days 

Money4NothingDrinks4Free
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Like you would know.... Remember this post when the new kit is revealed. 

John Findlay
On Friday, June 01, 2018 at 20:04, ...a bit disco said:

DeoEVEnX0AYNi-e.jpg:large

It's the line up from the usual suspects.

A_A wehatethehibs
7 hours ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

why do you want it to be strongbow?

Because it’d guarantee us a cup win. Just imagine the scenes. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

By the same logic so does Wonga or Ukio Bankas 

3 hours ago, Money4NothingDrinks4Free said:

Like you would know.... Remember this post when the new kit is revealed. 

I absolutely 100% will do. 

If it looks anything remotely like that, I'll give you the credit you're due, and fully admit that I was in the wrong, but until then:

:rofl:

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

By the same token, it would assure us of a 5-1 pumping in a final as well.

19 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

We are always one of the last clubs to reveal our new strip........ can't see the reasoning to why?

Our social media in general is amateur at best. 

Unknown user
4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It's the line up from the usual suspects.

I never saw that film for years after it came out because when it was in the pictures, there was the classic poster ad in a bus shelter on south clerk street, where some wag had written "it was him" with an arrow pointing at Verbal.

Motherf...

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

I absolutely 100% will do. 

If it looks anything remotely like that, I'll give you the credit you're due, and fully admit that I was in the wrong, but until then:

:rofl:

Tbf I had heard a few rumours about the sponsor matching that mock up but didn't think much of it.

King Of The Cat Cafe
22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I never saw that film for years after it came out because when it was in the pictures, there was the classic poster ad in a bus shelter on south clerk street, where some wag had written "it was him" with an arrow pointing at Verbal.

Motherf...

You could at least have given a spoiler alert....  

17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Tbf I had heard a few rumours about the sponsor matching that mock up but didn't think much of it.

That's fair enough, but it will never actually look like that design. 

If we have a new sponsor next season, I can also guarantee it will never, ever, be a dark blue text on a maroon shirt. For one, you wouldn't be able to see it on TV, or from a distance, which is likely concern Numero Uno for any sponsor of any team! 

Edited by tian447

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

You could at least have given a spoiler alert....  

That's what I said!

I actually just assumed everyone knew it, I'd go back and make it a spoiler if I could now

North Berwick Jambo

So has anyone seen what the new strips look like and does anyone actually know what date the release is? ?

...a bit disco
23 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That's fair enough, but it will never actually look like that design. 

If we have a new sponsor next season, I can also guarantee it will never, ever, be a dark blue text on a maroon shirt. For one, you wouldn't be able to see it on TV, or from a distance, which is likely concern Numero Uno for any sponsor of any team! 

Looking at this design sheds a rather worrying light on things when it comes to that 'mock-up'.

:unsure2:

Image result for umbro templates 2018/19

36 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Looking at this design sheds a rather worrying light on things when it comes to that 'mock-up'.

:unsure2:

Image result for umbro templates 2018/19

That is still nothing like what's been posted so far. 

I just can't imagine we'd have something that utterly shite.

...a bit disco
9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That is still nothing like what's been posted so far. 

I just can't imagine we'd have something that utterly shite.

Block effect and round collar though.

I agree. Surely we can't have sunk to Hibs level of shittily designed kit?