2018/19 New Kits time already

CJGJ

PhoenixHearts
16 hours ago, Money4NothingDrinks4Free said:

Like you would know.... Remember this post when the new kit is revealed. 

Well mate, I know for a fact you're full of shite eh. Absolutely chronic.

:greggy:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• tian447

• ...a bit disco

• Maroon Sailor

PhoenixHearts
10 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Looking at this design sheds a rather worrying light on things when it comes to that 'mock-up'.

:unsure2:

Image result for umbro templates 2018/19

Last season we got the same level of unique customised 'template' as West Ham and Everton. Can't imagine we'll be going down to the likes of waterford this year.

...a bit disco
9 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Last season we got the same level of unique customised 'template' as West Ham and Everton. Can't imagine we'll be going down to the likes of waterford this year.

We can only hope!

23 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Well mate, I know for a fact you're full of shite eh. Absolutely chronic.

:greggy:

:yas:

:sweeet:

PhoenixHearts
20 hours ago, Money4NothingDrinks4Free said:

I have a friend who works for a marketing agency that deals with a few football teams, one of which being Hearts.

He has sent me this image of a shirt they are using to draft up twitter and facebook promotions to sell the shirt.

Looks like a bit of a mock up but apparently they are waiting for the top to be signed off by Hearts and for high res imagery.

Personally Turkish Airlines wouldn't be my choice of sponsor....

Hearts 2018 Home Top.JPG

Also for anyone that's interested or perhaps even recognised this template, it's based on Everton's kit from the 2016-17 season. Notice the crosshatched design on the lower front and the shoulder seams at the top. This one has had it's colour changed and a poorly tiled checkerboard pattern superimposed over the top. There's literally nothing to see here.

27a98cd579b4a1450192b9e896e3b6a3.jpg

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Also for anyone that's interested or perhaps even recognised this template, it's based on Everton's kit from the 2016-17 season. Notice the crosshatched design on the lower front and the shoulder seams at the top. This one has had it's colour changed and a poorly tiled checkerboard pattern superimposed over the top. There's literally nothing to see here.

27a98cd579b4a1450192b9e896e3b6a3.jpg

Nice work Sherlock.

:thumbsup:

PhoenixHearts
47 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Nice work Sherlock.

:thumbsup:

Also worth noting the crosshatch pattern was unique to Everton that season, based on the architechture of their Bullens Road stand (designed by none other than Archibald Leitch).

I don't know what the kit will look like, but I have good information on what it certainly won't look like, as all Umbro kits this season for main clubs will "all be based on the same brand new template for 2018-19" and they definitely won't be digging up an obsolete kit template Umbro phased out 2 years ago. 

I'm not in the know and I don't claim to have seen anything, but I have a friend in Manchester, if you get my meaning.

I'm absolutely positive I've seen that template before on kickback...and it wasn't Everton.

From memory, it was on the 17-18 New Kit thread (wherever that is on the site)...it was a European Team that plays in maroon (it wasn't Torino, and don't think it was Sparta Prague), and had the exact same chequerboard pattern in the fabric.

So basically, someone has used whatever kit that was, mixed with the Everton one.

Remembered...it's a Napoli concept kit from last season someone uploaded onto this site.

umbro-napoli-17-18-home-away-and-third-concept-kits (4).jpg

Edited by Deviskan

Bad Religion
6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Remembered...it's a Napoli concept kit from last season someone uploaded onto this site.

The lengths some hobo's will go to :rofl:

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Not that we were ever in any doubt, but that's it 1000% confirmed that Money4Nothing is 100% in all caps AT IT.

10 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Farewell Turkish Airlines. :(

19 hours ago, Money4NothingDrinks4Free said:

Like you would know.... Remember this post when the new kit is revealed. 

36 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

:smuggy:

:pleasing:

:bolt:

That certainly explains the terribly photoshopped sponsor that literally was a different part of the shirt that had been copied and pasted over :rofl:

What a ****ing riddy. Work on your Photoshop skills because I could have done a better job using MS Paint.

I can exclusively reveal our new kit will be checker board designed with random red squares as a nod to the new Pot Noodle Main stand. 

Pans Jambo
33 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I can exclusively reveal our new kit will be checker board designed with random red squares as a nod to the new Pot Noodle Main stand. 

Cooooool

On 04/06/2018 at 13:45, Money4NothingDrinks4Free said:

I have a friend who works for a marketing agency that deals with a few football teams, one of which being Hearts.

He has sent me this image of a shirt they are using to draft up twitter and facebook promotions to sell the shirt.

Looks like a bit of a mock up but apparently they are waiting for the top to be signed off by Hearts and for high res imagery.

Personally Turkish Airlines wouldn't be my choice of sponsor....

Hearts 2018 Home Top.JPG

No issue with the sponsor, but the top looks awful in that photo.   

Hope me your friend is wrong, or it is just a dreadful photo, or mock up.  

7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

No issue with the sponsor, but the top looks awful in that photo.   

Hope me your friend is wrong, or it is just a dreadful photo, or mock up.  

4 hours ago, Deviskan said:

That's about the end of it. 

Famous 1874

Emirates would be a great sponsor. Hopefully whoever it is will give us a good amount of cash for it.

queensferryjambo
19 hours ago, Taffin said:

Tbf I had heard a few rumours about the sponsor matching that mock up but didn't think much of it.

When it comes to sponsor rumours somebody on here said our new sponsor was pretty tasty before season 2015/16 started. I cracked a joke about Pot Noodle and put on a dreadful photoshop of a shirt with Pot Noodle on the front - the rest is history :)

I am all for waiting and seeing our new kit release instead of the usual speculation. 

Absolutely pissing myself at the shoddy effort to block out, literally, the napoli writing down the side panel.

Typical hobo, neither the wit or the skill to pull off an even remotely convincing fake. Made a complete arse of themselves, how embarrassing. 

PhoenixHearts
11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

West Ham United's kit may be closer to the mark

Ryan Fredericks

That in a darker maroon, different collar, white cuffs and a different pattern/material on the front.

And not a betting sponsor.

Decent.

34 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

That in a darker maroon, different collar, white cuffs and a different pattern/material on the front.

Decent.

So nothing like that one really..:laugh:

23 hours ago, tian447 said:

Our social media in general is amateur at best. 

Can't help thinking we are missing a trick here it's coming up to fathers day would be a great time to launch a new strip a couple of days before that and maybe get a sales boost from it

Edwards joins Hearts

Is it not a bit odd for a new signing to be posing with last season's kit?

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Edwards joins Hearts

Is it possible we might just be keeping the same kits but with the new Turkish Airlines sponsor?

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Is it possible we might just be keeping the same kits but with the new Turkish Airlines sponsor?

Not sure if tongue in cheek or not :lol:

Why make Save the Children visible, if they're not our sponsor next year? 

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I guess just because we haven't announced the change yet officially...

...But yes, tongue in cheek ??

Albeit it only about the sponsor. We have no comms about a new top, no teasers, rumours of the third kit being kept and now this. 2+2=5? Probably, but you never know.

Maroonblood22
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I guess due to the nature of the organisation that Save The Children is. I would also expect us to continue some kind of affiliation with them even if they are not our 'main sponsor' in the coming seasons. I guess it's different from advertising a brand that's no longer paying for the advertisement.

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Albeit it only about the sponsor. We have no comms about a new top, no teasers, rumours of the third kit being kept and now this. 2+2=5? Probably, but you never know.

We'll definitely have new kits next season, otherwise we wouldn't have sold the old ones off. 

Imagine them getting to next week, and saying "BTW, there are no new strips this year, and we're whacking the price back up to £50 for the old ones!" :lol:

It would be totally fine by me, as the away shirt is the nicest one we've ever had IMO! 

Seymour M Hersh
15 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Decent.

In other words an entirely different top! :laugh:

Seymour M Hersh
23 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Edwards joins Hearts

Mad Budge and Levein oot!!

So Make Some Noise..

Is it normally this late for us? Players report back in 2 weeks time and we haven't even had the little week pre-launch build up of sneak peaks yet!

hughesie27
Just now, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Is it normally this late for us? Players report back in 2 weeks time and we haven't even had the little week pre-launch build up of sneak peaks yet!

Hopefully we don't have any of that and we just launch it.

So Make Some Noise..
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Hopefully we don't have any of that and we just launch it.

Agreed - just seems later than usual. I love new strip day!

PhoenixHearts
9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

We'll definitely have new kits next season, otherwise we wouldn't have sold the old ones off. 

Imagine them getting to next week, and saying "BTW, there are no new strips this year, and we're whacking the price back up to £50 for the old ones!" :lol:

It would be totally fine by me, as the away shirt is the nicest one we've ever had IMO! 

Not on board with keeping the same kit tbh. I'm obsessed with this time of year and seeing all the new kits. Was never into it when clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool kept kits for 2 years around 2006-2008. You lose out on some excitement.

And I really don't like collars so I'd be hoping for something different. 

And arguably most importantly a new kit means more money for the club. I've already got all 3 kits from last season, and I even bought a second home shirt in a slightly roomier size in the clearance sale.

I'd be quite happy to keep the same kit this season. Been ages since we had the same shirt for 2 seasons but then again it doesn't seem like the done thing at all in football these days.

Certainly not later than usual. We are always one of the last ones. It's not really a big deal either!

22 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I forgot about that, though I wouldn't put is passed us ??

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Certainly not later than usual. We are always one of the last ones. It's not really a big deal either!

Its no big deal to myself as I’ve not worn a hearts top in 30 years but you’d think they would want the strips out early with kids holidays coming up and people going away 

More strips sold the better 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Im not going to get upset about it but every year we miss a trick by being amongst the last to release our tops.

Not about to get in to a snobby fashion debate but folk want tops and kids kits for wearing on holiday. Folk will have their own opinions about that but I reckon there would be a sizeable boost of pre- summer holidays sales.

8 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Im not going to get upset about it but every year we miss a trick by being amongst the last to release our tops.

Not about to get in to a snobby fashion debate but folk want tops and kids kits for wearing on holiday. Folk will have their own opinions about that but I reckon there would be a sizeable boost of pre- summer holidays sales.

Getting a nice shirt out early also increases the chance of non-Hearts supporting fans to buy one. 

I often see random clubs from around Europe's release and think "I'm having one of those!" and I'm sure I'm not the only one, but when the market is getting saturated, it becomes more difficult. 

Also, with the World Cup coming up soon, I guarantee there will be people picking up national club shirts in the run up, when their money could have gone towards a Hearts shirt if it had been released towards the May pay date! 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Where is the Turkish Airlines chat coming from? I had heard new name on shirt, def not a drink or betting company, but a charity (not STC) not ruled out.

13 minutes ago, ericb said:

Where is the Turkish Airlines chat coming from? I had heard new name on shirt, def not a drink or betting company, but a charity (not STC) not ruled out.

Someone mentioned it and it seems to have taken off !.