Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

Independence
12 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

The apathy this time last year was far worse than this year due to us deciding to keep Cathro on. We STILL sold 14,000 STs! 

H1b5.  Or Five One GIRUY

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jaap's Sigh
20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

"Believe " is the key word.  Glad to prove you wrong yet again.

You’ve proven nothing apart from the fact that you’re a complete slaver. 

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Jaap's Sigh said:

You’ve proven nothing apart from the fact that you’re a complete slaver. 

And he is in pain because even after their most super duper season in 45 years we have still pissed all over their ST sales.

Jaap's Sigh
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

And he is in pain because even after their most super duper season in 45 years we have still pissed all over their ST sales.

To be fair, he’s not Hibs mate. A few other posters have come on to vouch that’s the case. Guys who have been on here for years and are Hearts through and through. 

Alex Kintner
15 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Are you serious? The apathy at the end of last season was dreadful. We’d been on a horrendous run of form and fans were raging. I’ll have a look and see if there were any threads which might prove the point :thumbsup:

Had a quick look and found a poll in April 2017 where 36% wanted Cathro sacked immediately. Give it another month of shite results like we had and it would have been closer to 50% a year ago. A similar poll on Levein right now would be nowhere near 50%. It was 35% before the derby win so will have dropped lower now.

I guess that pretty much clears it up that apathy is nowhere near as bad as last year. :thumbsup:

Edited by Frank1874

I fell into the trap of responding to this enzo biscuit.

Strongly recommend ignore.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not a trap Kiwi. Its a football forum where people have different opinions.  Dont worry...you did the right thing in responding.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

To be fair, he’s not Hibs mate. A few other posters have come on to vouch that’s the case. Guys who have been on here for years and are Hearts through and through. 

Hmm. I'll give him that but he's associated himself with the wee band of Hibs trollers particularly on this thread and is one of the last ones standing. If you fly with the craws expect to get shot down with them.

Enzo Chiefo
9 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Cmon JJ. You can do better than that. Anyway, i'm going to forget about Levein and his methods and look forward to the Winners Dinner at the EICC tomorrow night.

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Cmon JJ. You can do better than that. Anyway, i'm going to forget about Levein and his methods and look forward to the Winners Dinner at the EICC tomorrow night.

?hope you enjoy it

Hearts1975
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The biggest gamble JJ and i knew it at the time, was appointing such a divisive and stubborn character as Levein to oversee the entire football dept. AB basically sub-contracted the decision making process to him. 

Yes, it worked up until Jan 2015 but since then we have regressed. We finished 3rd in our first season back but , as our rivals caught up and gained promotion they have surpassed us. Firstly Rangers and now Hibs, both came up and immediately overtook us at the first attempt. Stevie Clarke arrived in August and did the same, which is why we have now been pushed down to 6th. The man in charge of overseeing our entire footballing operation , and who has been for 4 years, is still revered by many on this board. At any other club in the country, he would have been sacked a long time ago but here , a proportion of the support cling to him like a comfort blanket hoping that next season, the next window will be the one. It defies all logic.

It will be the first full window he has had in charge, your looking at his whole tenure including when he was DOF and judging progress and results on that 

i dont think anyone in their right mind is clinging to him like a comfort blanket - supporters are fickle and will stamp their feet if they genuinely don't believe things will work out -  I think most have realised the DOF role took a bad slide with Cathro whom incidentally had a lot of support when he was appointed - now with CL in the dugout I genuinely think most are willing him to get it right and that he is building something in the background but it will take time given what went before

that isn't blind faith, I can't see anyone accepting status quo if it is the same performances come next season - I think the point is u can't assume what other folk think just because ur own view and that which ur entitled too is for him to go now 

I think that's where the whole thing gets tiresome as now it seems we are fit to guess everyone's logic if it forms a different opinion to our own 

not popping at u directly enzo, I enjoy reading ur posts but u can't speak for the proportion of support who want levein to get next season if ur own views dont co incide is what I'm trying to say therefore the comfort blanket theory is just as delusional as those you seem to think are holding on to it 

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

It will be the first full window he has had in charge, your looking at his whole tenure including when he was DOF and judging progress and results on that 

i dont think anyone in their right mind is clinging to him like a comfort blanket - supporters are fickle and will stamp their feet if they genuinely don't believe things will work out -  I think most have realised the DOF role took a bad slide with Cathro whom incidentally had a lot of support when he was appointed - now with CL in the dugout I genuinely think most are willing him to get it right and that he is building something in the background but it will take time given what went before

that isn't blind faith, I can't see anyone accepting status quo if it is the same performances come next season - I think the point is u can't assume what other folk think just because ur own view and that which ur entitled too is for him to go now 

I think that's where the whole thing gets tiresome as now it seems we are fit to guess everyone's logic if it forms a different opinion to our own 

not popping at u directly enzo, I enjoy reading ur posts but u can't speak for the proportion of support who want levein to get next season if ur own views dont co incide is what I'm trying to say therefore the comfort blanket theory is just as delusional as those you seem to think are holding on to it 

Thats a decent post 1975. You make some fair points.

2 hours ago, Shedro said:

It's the product on the park that's the problem, yes we had a unbeaten run at Tynecastle but the style of football was gash so I hope for more attacking game but a leopard can't change it's spots but we'll see. 

Did you see the Evening News top 10 Hearts goals of the season?

Even those short snippets show we have played so me more than decent football this season.

We didn’t do it enough and we need to get better but pedalling bullshit is pointless.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Last year the new stand skewed the figures and we didnt know we would have to endure Levein as manager.  I wouldnt have renewed had i known in advance about Annie's faux eureka moment in Aug.

But loads didn’t know that Cathro was going to get emptied and by then most people thought he was pish and still our season ticket sales were outstanding.

Further the new stand meant more capacity hence less necessity to buy a season ticket as our sell outs were likely to be few and far between.

1 hour ago, Shedro said:

(admin delete) 

Sounds like its you that has the ‘short snippet’ 

At least I have a missus.

I presume you have a pack of Kleenex? You know the tiny little packets...

Hearts1975
13 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

No need ya nugget. 

Well said JS 

i just don't see why u would say something like that to one of your own - disagree and argue the point but making personal attacks like that to the poster isn't respectful at all and especially to a fellow Jambo who doesn't share his opinion 

nae need 

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, Shedro said:

(admin delete)

Shedro - u pulled me up the other day when I put up that picture with referring to a hubs supporter as a ****** ........ , saying that it was uncalled for and unnecessary 

I took ur point of view on board and apologised for it - didn't mean the offence 

suppose u have just brought urself down to my level now by saying jammy t's mrs needs pedalled ? .. there isn't any need for that as JS just pointed out plus he is a fellow supporter who follows the same team u follow but the difference between u is that he doesn't share your opinion, and that's all it was 

I'm no point scoring against you but your post hardly merits an attack on the guys wife - that's hypocrisy at its finest 

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

No it isn't sunshine. You keep banging away at your keyboard making a fool of yourself though pal.

Sunshine 

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

It makes a difference, until folk quote him/her.

Brave Hearts

12,000 season tickets bought for next season  !!!!!

Brilliant and tremendous !!!!

And the previous season has just finished 20 minutes ago !!!

What a positive position to be in  !!!!

Ffcuk the doom and gloom merchants on this website that professs to be Jambos but all they want to do is criticise and slag the club.

F**** each one of you that just want to find fault in anything the club do.

You are not real fans.

You guys are just the vocal minority so will you just f**** off and let the real fans get on with supporting the Heart of Midlothian............

Edited by Brave Hearts

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No...absolutely not Keith

Thanks for finally admitting that you hate Craig Levein more than you love Hearts!  It's been obvious for a long time but it's still nice to see you actually admit it!

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Sunshine 

:facepalm:

Hiya Spenny. Good to see your mate making a fool of himself.

You know who I mean don't you. The boy who you followed about like a love sick groupie. The one who you thought was a real stand up chap.

THE ONE WHO WANTED HIBS TO BEAT HEARTS.

????????.

Remember sunshine. Utter contempt ?

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Hiya Spenny. Good to see your mate making a fool of himself.

You know who I mean don't you. The boy who you followed about like a love sick groupie. The one who you thought was a real stand up chap.

THE ONE WHO WANTED HIBS TO BEAT HEARTS.

????????.

Remember sunshine. Utter contempt ?

Excellent post son. Keep up the good work 

Tragic embarrassment 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Excellent post son. Keep up the good work 

Tragic embarrassment 

Aren't you just.

Imagine hanging off every word from a guy that wants Hibs to beat Hearts.

Nearly as bad as making up stories about Hearts.

Utter contempt sunshine. Complete and utter contempt.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Last year the new stand skewed the figures and we didnt know we would have to endure Levein as manager.  I wouldnt have renewed had i known in advance about Annie's faux eureka moment in Aug.

You have no evidence of that. You're just making it up in a desperate bid to salvage what you already know is a failed argument. I know quite a few folk who have main stand season tickets and who were looking forward to sitting in the new stand. I know a few who moved from other stands to the new stand. I know absolutely nobody who bought a season ticket because of the new stand that wouldn't have bought one if we hadn't built the new stand. I'm sure there will have been a few folk who did, but that's it, a few. If they don't renew for next season because we haven't built another new stand, firstly there will be so few of them that nobody other than themselves will notice their absence; and secondly there's little the club would realistically have been able to do to get them to change their minds. 

Anyway, it's good news that someone with such hatred for the people running the club won't be there next season. 

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Aren't you just.

Imagine hanging off every word from a guy that wants Hibs to beat Hearts.

Nearly as bad as making up stories about Hearts.

Utter contempt sunshine. Complete and utter contempt.

Hanging off every word - what the **** are you talking about son? Are you referring to someone on this thread? 

I know that you are a big shot on here and I'm as starstruck as the next man as to how great you are

What a top guy :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Hanging off every word - what the **** are you talking about son? Are you referring to someone on this thread? 

I know that you are a big shot on here and I'm as starstruck as the next man as to how great you are

What a top guy :thumbsup:

:greggy:

You know when you have nothing more than cheap childish insults. You're done sunshine.

You make up stories about Hearts and your absent mate wanted Hibs to beat Hearts. People are laughing at both of you.

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

:greggy:

You know when you have nothing more than cheap childish insults. You're done sunshine.

You make up stories about Hearts and your absent mate wanted Hibs to beat Hearts. People are laughing at both of you.

Oh the irony my auld son. The irony. There is no more spiteful poster on here than you 

Just for the avoidance of any doubt, as I have no idea what your inane ramblings are all about, are you referring to someone who has posted on this thread. If so, it will be easy for you to specifically reference 

Otherwise you will just appear consumed by your own vindictiveness 

4 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'd almost feel sorry for them if I didn't remember that the vermin tramps eat their own shite.

Spoiler

:laugh:

10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Apathy is worse this year.  Far worse.  We'd made a decent signing in Berra by now. Dont remember much apathy towards Cathro after the Newcastle pre season game. 

Sorry, bud, no chance. End of last season was worse.

I was at every post-split game and it was awful. Apathetic on and off the park.

chester copperpot

This thread has went a bit pear shaped.

Folk getting in a tizzy over how many ST we have sold.

Surely a new low naw?

24 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, bud, no chance. End of last season was worse.

I was at every post-split game and it was awful. Apathetic on and off the park.

What a difference this year we finished our season at Tynecastle with a win over Hibs and wrecking their hopes of second place.

Last year we surrendered meekly in our last game and 90% of the fans were on the way home by the time the team came out to say goodbye.

Whatever our problems away from home we were good value for the STs at Tynecastle.

I'm guessing that is what folk will take into consideration if swithering whether to purchase a ST.

The vast majority of us will buy one anyway of course.

Just clicked on this thread for the first time in ages.

Brutal. Was hoping for a simple dot count threat but it’s just the usual Levein arguments. 

3fingersreid
4 minutes ago, BigC said:

Just clicked on this thread for the first time in ages.

Brutal. Was hoping for a simple dot count threat but it’s just the usual Levein arguments. 

Couldn’t agree more , it’s either about Levein staying or going or trying to work out who’s a Hearts supporter and who’s not 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Couldn’t agree more , it’s either about Levein staying or going or trying to work out who’s a Hearts supporter and who’s not 

Aye apologies if im missing it but not willing to trail thru pages of sadsacks bickering...

Do we know how many we’ve sold? Any idea the clubs aim? What do we think we’ll sell?

Yet to get mine but just cos been busy, so i know we’ll def sell 4 more!!!

Sorry to be on topic here. Not very en vogue.

chester copperpot
Just now, TheBigO said:

Aye apologies if im missing it but not willing to trail thru pages of sadsacks bickering...

Do we know how many we’ve sold? Any idea the clubs aim? What do we think we’ll sell?

Yet to get mine but just cos been busy, so i know we’ll def sell 4 more!!!

Sorry to be on topic here. Not very en vogue.

Think at the last count someone had counted we sold just under 12k.

No bad for the middle of May :D

Seymour M Hersh
53 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

This thread has went a bit pear shaped.

Folk getting in a tizzy over how many ST we have sold.

Surely a new low naw?

Just like a lothian bus there will be another new low along shortly! 

7 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Think at the last count someone had counted we sold just under 12k.

No bad for the middle of May :D

Doesnt sound bad no? Wonder if we can hit 15k? That must be the aim you’d hope

chester copperpot
Just now, TheBigO said:

One or 2 Berra-esque signings will see us push those numbers ;)

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

:leveinnaturalorder:

All Out Attack
36 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

One or 2 Berra-esque signings will see us push those numbers ;)

That's not going to be easy. 

Berra actually wanted to move back to Edinburgh for family reasons and wasn't so much of a signing, as a gift. People of his quality are not cheap. 

On the ticket sales front, I don't care what anyone says here, the sales for a single month, have been nothing short of outstanding and we must have a good chance of at least getting close to last year. 

It also speaks volumes about our support, in that we have resilience to once again see beyond some absolute mediocrity and miss-management of our football team for two seasons in a row now. 

It's quite clear the previous performance of our manager isn't the primary driver for people buying season tickets. If this was true, Cathro would have seen off our or our upward sales trajectory a year ago, yet we are now running at almost 40 year highs, which is frankly incredible. One concern I have highlighted before however, is that this sales momentum may be petering out now, so perhaps performance may yet influence sales, although hopefully not. 

Regarding the manager. There is a significant minority would like to see the back of Levein, for various reasons, including me. It's a reality, whether some on here accept it or not. What I would like to add on this however, is that since Levein is clearly starting the new season, bickering about him now is pretty pointless. Only results and his away game mindset will dictate his future now. If I can accept this, as someone who has reached panto villain, bad guy status on JKB, I think we all can. 

Let's see what the close season brings us and how we start the season. 

Captain Sausage
15 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

What I would like to add on this however, is that since Levein is clearly starting the new season, bickering about him now is pretty pointless. Only results and his away game mindset will dictate his future now. If I can accept this, as someone who has reached panto villain, bad guy status on JKB, I think we all can. 

To be fair, I think this is where most of us are. Levein has a goal, it’ll take time to get there. But we do need to improve. Another season like the one just gone is not acceptable. 

However, without the Murrayfield and Cathro distractions, with a full pre season and transfer window of his own, I have the utmost confidence we will be challenging for second/third, depending on Rangers progress. 

13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Apathy is worse this year.  Far worse.  We'd made a decent signing in Berra by now. Dont remember much apathy towards Cathro after the Newcastle pre season game. 

This time last year most hearts fans i know wanted cathro out.  

The same group now are much happier, expecially with our home form.  We all agree levein deserves the summer to build a squad and use his contacts that helped bring in mitchell lafferty etc.

All Out Attack
6 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

To be fair, I think this is where most of us are. Levein has a goal, it’ll take time to get there. But we do need to improve. Another season like the one just gone is not acceptable. 

However, without the Murrayfield and Cathro distractions, with a full pre season and transfer window of his own, I have the utmost confidence we will be challenging for second/third, depending on Rangers progress. 

That's exactly where I am, as it would mean our away game mindset would have to improve in order to do it. 

How we perform in Glasgow often dictates the season and I want us to be having a go through there, just like Hibs did this season. Trying to win games. 

scott herbertson
14 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

That's not going to be easy. 

Berra actually wanted to move back to Edinburgh for family reasons and wasn't so much of a signing, as a gift. People of his quality are not cheap. 

On the ticket sales front, I don't care what anyone says here, the sales for a single month, have been nothing short of outstanding and we must have a good chance of at least getting close to last year. 

It also speaks volumes about our support, in that we have resilience to once again see beyond some absolute mediocrity and miss-management of our football team for two seasons in a row now. 

It's quite clear the previous performance of our manager isn't the primary driver for people buying season tickets. If this was true, Cathro would have seen off our or our upward sales trajectory a year ago, yet we are now running at almost 40 year highs, which is frankly incredible. One concern I have highlighted before however, is that this sales momentum may be petering out now, so perhaps performance may yet influence sales, although hopefully not. 

Regarding the manager. There is a significant minority would like to see the back of Levein, for various reasons, including me. It's a reality, whether some on here accept it or not. What I would like to add on this however, is that since Levein is clearly starting the new season, bickering about him now is pretty pointless. Only results and his away game mindset will dictate his future now. If I can accept this, as someone who has reached panto villain, bad guy status on JKB, I think we all can. 

Fair enough.

I have highlighted a sentence where i think you have made a false assumption. Season ticket sales in my experience of close observation (and counting in the days when I could be bothered and could see well enough!) always peter out over the summer. They will go down to a trickle throughout June   only picking up as the season approaches in July. There are quite  a few people who will wait to the very last minute to buy one, for financial reasons.

The important things to watch are whether the summer signings and to a lesser extent the friendlies, galvanise interest enough to make the late sales surge catch up to last year's or pass it. I think we had sold just over 13 thousand last year before season ticket sales stopped in July. We have about five or six weeks of sales to match that figure from last year

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aston Villa.  Club that changed manager for fun. Attendance slumped. 

Under pressure to do so again ridiculously at the beginning of the season. They stuck with their man attendance back up.  Curve back up

19 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I see the village lost its idiot today.

Sticks and stones my wee pal.

15 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Season tickets are selling better than we predicted. We can't admit we got that wrong. Tell you what let's revert back to attacking the manager and the shite football we allegedly play, even at home. The record never changes.

We predicted. We can't admit.

We allegedly play. Who this WE ?