Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

FarmerTweedy
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Would love to live in your world. 

I can assure you that you wouldn't!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, John Findlay said:

They didn't have the entire first half. That's total nonsense. Lafferty fluffed two good chances in the first half especially, when Naismith put him through and he shot tamely at Carson. Second half he hit the post and forced Carson into a half decent save from his header.  McHugh scored a good goal but, I personally felt McLaughlin could have got a stronger hand to it. That is just me.

Nah. Add me. The first half was a scrap. Second half we played very well. 

Ridiculous defensive error and wonder goal for them off the post and fantastic save for us. 

Small margins sometimes. 

This is the same Motherwell who trounced Aberdeen TWICE we were expecting to beat them but not Aberdeen.

Some uncoordinated thinking 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

I can assure you that you wouldn't!

I see big fluffy pink elephants there

thehibsaregay
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

New card for me as well. Wasn’t expecting a new one?

Is everyone getting a new card?

FarmerTweedy
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I see big fluffy pink elephants there

Two minutes in his world and you'd be begging the doctors to declare you sane and release you back into society!

22 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

How old are you Mitch?

Genuine question.

64 and i hate losing. i'm fed up with Hearts underperforming over many years. for a club our size 

and the fantastic support the club has, we have let down everyone due to incompetence by too

many managers and owner/directors over the years.. Too many players/managers have been

signed that should never have been anywhere near professional football.

being a kid Hearts won League Cups, Scottish Cup and 2 League titles and we could beat anyone

in the 50's and early 60's and i want these days back. i had to wait till 1998 before i saw Hearts 

win a major trophy which was a joke to wait so long. 

Sorry for the rant BR i missed out on buying a season ticket last season but i've got one this season.

I missed one home game last season and was at many away. been in FOH since the beginning and 

have old shares in the club but keep the certificate for sentimental reasons.

You asked me one question and you must be laughing your head off like many others that will 

read this. Ah well, COME ON THE HEARTS.

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They didn't have the entire first half. That's total nonsense. Lafferty fluffed two good chances in the first half especially, when Naismith put him through and he shot tamely at Carson. Second half he hit the post and forced Carson into a half decent save from his header.  McHugh scored a good goal but, I personally felt McLaughlin could have got a stronger hand to it. That is just me.

We were utterly abysmal in that first half, did a lot better in the second half and then sat back for a replay before Cochrane made a mistake and gave McHugh the chance.

And it was a ridiculous defensive error by Callachan, but why was he playing when we had guys like Cowie and Milinkovic warming the bench?

Edited by Nookie Bear

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

From an HMFC point of view would it not make more sense if we approached games away from home in the same manner we approach them at Tynecastle. Why look to try and even things up by going for a negative approach across all games rather than looking to try and even things up by approaching all games in a positive manner. If a team come to Tynecastle and cannot cope with the way we play why would you consider changing that way of playing away from home and give them a chance to compete. Just treat it as football match, irrespective of the venue, approach all games in the same manner, It isn't a different group of team that we are playing away from home, it is the same teams as those that come to Tynecastle and struggle. Why not look to make them struggle when they are at home as well.

That's all well, but teams will play differently at home. 

Easily flip that to why does the other team not do that? 

It's not all about us and what we do, very few teams are good enough for that. 

Being better at home and worse away is not a Hearts thing. It's a football thing. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think the over 60s seem to be more feral than the under 20s.

I am putting that down to their own personal clock ticking down 

13 minutes ago, thehibsaregay said:

Not me - mines was revalidated

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think it's probably because we saw great Hearts teams in the fifties and early sixties then had to put up with the downward spiral that followed right through to the early eighties. We're impatient for a return to the glory days. 

13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

64 and i hate losing. i'm fed up with Hearts underperforming over many years. for a club our size 

and the fantastic support the club has, we have let down everyone due to incompetence by too

many managers and owner/directors over the years.. Too many players/managers have been

signed that should never have been anywhere near professional football.

being a kid Hearts won League Cups, Scottish Cup and 2 League titles and we could beat anyone

in the 50's and early 60's and i want these days back. i had to wait till 1998 before i saw Hearts 

win a major trophy which was a joke to wait so long. 

Sorry for the rant BR i missed out on buying a season ticket last season but i've got one this season.

I missed one home game last season and was at many away. been in FOH since the beginning and 

have old shares in the club but keep the certificate for sentimental reasons.

You asked me one question and you must be laughing your head off like many others that will 

read this. Ah well, COME ON THE HEARTS.

So many things have changed since those days, Mitch.  The funding disparity just makes it so much more difficult for anyone other than Celtic (and the original version of Rangers) to win the  league.  Now, I can almost see you leaping for your keyboard to start hammering in 'EXCUSES'.  I'm not making excuses, and my starting point each season is that, the stars being aligned correctly, we can win the league - this is something akin to what Leicester did.  I don't think it's likely, and I won't berate the manager for not delivering.  Cups are a different kettle of fish.  There's no reason why we shouldn't be regularly getting to semi-finals.  Once you're at that stage, anything can happen.

20 minutes ago, thehibsaregay said:

Not sure however mines now got over 65 on it . ? sad day in some ways.

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

That's all well, but teams will play differently at home. 

Easily flip that to why does the other team not do that? 

It's not all about us and what we do, very few teams are good enough for that. 

Being better at home and worse away is not a Hearts thing. It's a football thing. 

It's something we will have to agree to differ on. In your post you said it would be relatively easy for us to change the way we play at home, and lose games. I look at it on the flip side, if you can play in a certain way at home, which works, why would you not consider playing the same way on the road. Rather than look to change in a downward direction, why not look to change upwards.  Even a few of the players have mentioned it recently, they can't understand why they have to play the way they do away from home. Rightly, or wrongly, I interpret that as the team are playing in the way they are asked to play away from home, and it isn't working. I do think we make a lot of teams look better than they are when we go away and play against them. If any club, not just us, want to get anywhere in this division, they should be looking at the sort of team(s) that don't change the way they play against opposition depending on the surrounds. The obvious one is Celtic, and I say that while accepting that overall we have a way to go to reach them. But replicating the way they approach games is a good starting point, and not difficult to implement. It's a game of football, well to us it is, to those participating it is their profession and you should aim to be as good at your profession as you can, whether that be in a football park or sitting in an office. Lets try and give those playing for us at the moment a chance to show what they can do every week instead of every fortnight.

I take it you'll have come to the conclusion that I don't agree with you, that in the profession of football it isn't possible to perform to a certain level each week. I still cannot understand why such consistency cannot be aimed for.

132goals1958
6 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Not sure however mines now got over 65 on it . ? sad day in some ways.

Keep telling yourself it is only a number. :pimp2:

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It's something we will have to agree to differ on. In your post you said it would be relatively easy for us to change the way we play at home, and lose games. I look at it on the flip side, if you can play in a certain way at home, which works, why would you not consider playing the same way on the road. Rather than look to change in a downward direction, why not look to change upwards.  Even a few of the players have mentioned it recently, they can't understand why they have to play the way they do away from home. Rightly, or wrongly, I interpret that as the team are playing in the way they are asked to play away from home, and it isn't working. I do think we make a lot of teams look better than they are when we go away and play against them. If any club, not just us, want to get anywhere in this division, they should be looking at the sort of team(s) that don't change the way they play against opposition depending on the surrounds. The obvious one is Celtic, and I say that while accepting that overall we have a way to go to reach them. But replicating the way they approach games is a good starting point, and not difficult to implement. It's a game of football, well to us it is, to those participating it is their profession and you should aim to be as good at your profession as you can, whether that be in a football park or sitting in an office. Lets try and give those playing for us at the moment a chance to show what they can do every week instead of every fortnight.

I take it you'll have come to the conclusion that I don't agree with you, that in the profession of football it isn't possible to perform to a certain level each week. I still cannot understand why such consistency cannot be aimed for.

Ignoring our terrible away form for a moment but the vast majority of teams have a better home record than away record. It’s a combination of ( i hate to say it ) teams playing differently home and away and psychology ( the latter may well be a factor in the former ). If you can solve this long standing and widespread phenomenon then you can make a lot of money I imagine. ?

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I hope we win both home and away games consistently. 

By any means. 

What I'm saying is that it isn't easy, only the best teams tend to do that. 

It is not only about us, it is also about the other team. Most teams are better an more confident at home, this makes winning away more difficult. 

This season I think, quite simply we never had the quality or depth of squad to replicate our home form away from home. 

Over simplifying football by saying it should be easy to play the same way every week and win. 

I can name two teams, maybe 3 in the world that can do that successfully. 

If you can replicate that for Hearts then congratulations. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Fxxx the SPFL
40 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Quite right too says the sixty one year old, i actually went on a website called 'deathclock' a while back it said that i should have died in 2015. i must be doing something right lol.

4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I hope we win both home and away games consistently. 

By any means. 

What I'm saying is that it isn't easy, only the best teams tend to do that. 

It is not only about us, it is also about the other team. Most teams are better an more confident at home, this makes winning away more difficult. 

This season I think, quite simply we never had the quality or depth of squad to replicate our home form away from home. 

Over simplifying football by saying it should be easy to play the same way every week and win. 

I can name two teams, maybe 3 in the world that can do that successfully. 

For the players we had available and the teams we were playing our away record was really poor last season.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

For the players we had available and the teams we were playing our away record was really poor last season.

Yip, and our Tynecastle form was surprisingly good. 

It happens, see Arsenal for a high profile club doing the same. 

We need to improve it. 

I'd bet now it will improve from this season for next. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

35 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I think it's probably because we saw great Hearts teams in the fifties and early sixties then had to put up with the downward spiral that followed right through to the early eighties. We're impatient for a return to the glory days. 

My second game at Tynecastle was the 2-0 defeat by Killie in 1965 to lose the League by 0.4 of a goal - after that it was down hill all the way until Mercer hauled a dying Club up on it's feet.

The glory days for me are the 1998, 2006 and 2012 Scottish Cup wins - I have absolutely no expectation to win the League as Celtic are a monster out of sight!

I am a bit "impatient" to see Hearts win the League Cup before I pop my clogs!

3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Yip, and our Tynecastle form was surprisingly good. 

I'd bet now it will improve from this season for next. 

I dread to think it could get any worse. (Though we seemed to say that after most away games season just gone and nothing improved/changed).

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The only team in the division who had a poorer record away from home than us was Partick Thistle. The biggest disparity between points won at home and points won away was us, by a fairly comfortable margin.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

My second game at Tynecastle was the 2-0 defeat by Killie in 1965 to lose the League by 0.4 of a goal - after that it was down hill all the way until Mercer hauled a dying Club up on it's feet.

The glory days for me are the 1998, 2006 and 2012 Scottish Cup wins - I have absolutely no expectation to win the League as Celtic are a monster out of sight!

It feels like it, but they only finished 9 points ahead of Aberdeen given their financial gulf. OK they won back to back trebles, but the margins are getting tighter in the league. Just need the top 6 clubs to take a few more points off Celtic and it could be interesting next season.

Or so I told myself when I renewed my ST.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

It feels like it, but they only finished 9 points ahead of Aberdeen given their financial gulf. OK they won back to back trebles, but the margins are getting tighter in the league. Just need the top 6 clubs to take a few more points off Celtic and it could be interesting next season.

Or so I told myself when I renewed my ST.

In my 53 years of following Hearts we have come close to winning the League only 3 times - 1985, 1998 and 2006

Still if Leicester could do it.........................

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Would love to live in your world. 

Are you a loser. Have you never played against a team with better players and in a higher league and beat them. I HAVE as have many others. You'd give up before a ball has been kicked.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Are you a loser. Have you never played against a team with better players and in a higher league and beat them. I HAVE as have many others. You'd give up before a ball has been kicked.

Not at all, and I never did. But I am also able to put things into context, and I also realise the abilities of others, inevitably have an impact on my successes and failures

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Quite right too says the sixty one year old, i actually went on a website called 'deathclock' a while back it said that i should have died in 2015. i must be doing something right lol.

Every day a bonus Ray! :lol::thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

And how lucky were you. I am truly jealous I didn't witness the Hearts team from 1950 to 1965.

Unfortunately times have changed, the money has really ruined that type of dream. We can pray that the arse falls out the bottom of it, and a level playing field would allow that kind of dream once more.

53 minutes ago, Haken said:

So many things have changed since those days, Mitch.  The funding disparity just makes it so much more difficult for anyone other than Celtic (and the original version of Rangers) to win the  league.  Now, I can almost see you leaping for your keyboard to start hammering in 'EXCUSES'.  I'm not making excuses, and my starting point each season is that, the stars being aligned correctly, we can win the league - this is something akin to what Leicester did.  I don't think it's likely, and I won't berate the manager for not delivering.  Cups are a different kettle of fish.  There's no reason why we shouldn't be regularly getting to semi-finals.  Once you're at that stage, anything can happen.

I respect your view but i've had to watch Dundee Utd win the league and beating Barca in Europe, Aberdeen win leagues and the Cup Winners Cup beating Real Madrid, because they had boards that employed the right manager. It's time we employed a manager that would become the best in Scotland.

16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Never say never as far as the league is concerned - we were within a whisker of it in 86. If we can start to fill the stadium with the new stand built I see no reason why we can't start to attract better players here and at least mount a reasonable challenge. Celtic might be out of sight just now, but who knows what might happen in the future. I'd love to see us win the League Cup again. I was with my dad and grandad at Hampden when Norrie Davidson scored our winning goal against Killie. It's been far too long since that cup rested at Tynecastle. I'm a enternal optimist as far as Hearts are concerned. I have had my hopes dashed many times, however I still feel that we might just be on the cusp of a bright future and maybe a bit of silver ware again.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, mitch41 said:

I respect your view but i've had to watch Dundee Utd win the league and beating Barca in Europe, Aberdeen win leagues and the Cup Winners Cup beating Real Madrid, because they had boards that employed the right manager. It's time we employed a manager that would become the best in Scotland.

If you think employing the right manager would have us beating Real Madrid or Barcelona in 2018, you need a bit of guidance.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

And how lucky were you. I am truly jealous I didn't witness the Hearts team from 1950 to 1965.

Unfortunately times have changed, the money has really ruined that type of dream. We can pray that the arse falls out the bottom of it, and a level playing field would allow that kind of dream once more.

Went to my first game in 1957 with my Old Man - a League Cup game against Queens Park that we won 9 - 2.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You didn't rate Alex MacDonald then

Who should Mercer have appointed? Would you have kept Bobby Moncur?

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Need to agree to disagree on that one mate, I thought Hearts were pathetic in that first half and we were lucky to be only a goal down at half time, second half though I thought we dominated, it was a travesty in the end we lost it. 

PeterintheRain

19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Did you win those games against teams who have their own pet referees?  Did you win those games when your best players were suspended while their thugs were free to play?  Did you win those games when your best players were stretchered off after being crippled by their untouchable captains?

Scottish football is corrupt. Matches are routinely fixed and HMFC will never be allowed to win the title.

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I remember those, too.  Unfortunately, it was a completely different footballing era.  And I may well be wrong, but I think the way that finances were distributed changed largely as a result of Aberdeen and Dundee Utd - the so-called 'new firm' - starting to mount a real challenge.  Who gained as a result of those changes?  Celtic and old Rangers.

Football, nowadays, is as far from a level playing field as it's ever been.  I still cling to hope that one year, we will win the league.   But I think that's a much tougher prospect now than it was in 86.  One of the things that needs to happen is for the fans to back the club and support the team. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

This has been covered ad nauseum.

Callachan had a brain fart at the start of the game and kicked any game plan out the window.  Second half Cochrane lost his man and they score a wonder goal.

Injuries to Djoum and Mitchell in the run up to that tie severely hampered us.  The players we had left really were not that great on the whole.

We were minutes from a replay at home where I'd have fancied us to get through.  Whether we would have beaten Aberdeen in the semi is debatable.

Its been covered ad nauseum and you were as wrong before as you are now. Regurgitating the same old excuses does not change that. Levein's tactics cost us that game.

frankblack
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Its been covered ad nauseum and you were as wrong before as you are now. Regurgitating the same old excuses does not change that. Levein's tactics cost us that game.

:cornette:

According to you everything is Levein's fault.  In any case you are a week late to my post and I didn't reply further as others such as JF said all I needed to say.  I notice you picked on my post though - you are like a broken record and have made a fool out of yourself on this thread with your failed predictions of doom and gloom.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Of course we are more feral. We were (are) the Gorgie Bootboys.

The Treasurer
41 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Do you have someone in mind ?

frankblack
12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

My guess is he is thinking of us getting Pep.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
52 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Went to my first game in 1957 with my Old Man - a League Cup game against Queens Park that we won 9 - 2.

Who got the goals? Great way to start :)

PeterintheRain
31 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

In my 53 years of following Hearts we have come close to winning the League only 3 times - 1985, 1998 and 2006

Not that you care but in 1987-88 we only took 4 points from h1bs, dropped 4 points from our last 3 games and finished 10 behind celtic.  We should have been champions again that season.  

Season 1989-90 finished 7 points behind the huns.   12 draws in 36 games and only 4 points from 16 against the old scum.  We should have won that season too.

Season 1991-92.  Only 8 defeats in 44 matches. 27 wins and end up 9 points behind Deadgers again.  A team who were already being subsidised by a bank and avoiding their taxes.  We were top of the league after 28 matches having just beaten celtic.  Lost 4 nil to the sheep in our worst ever defeat to them, then away at airdrie followed by losing at home to J McCluskey and the title was gone. 

Nobody knows exactly how many points the GFA(gtf) referees cost us in those seasons and how many they added to the arse-cheeks. But if it wasn't enough to cost us another 3 titles then they wouldn't have been doing their jobs.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, martinb said:

Of course we are more feral. We were (are) the Gorgie Bootboys.

I am going to be quiet now. Hadnt crossed my mind :lol:

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Its time you changed the record

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Who got the goals? Great way to start :)

Jimmy Wardhaugh got three, can't remember who got the others. Hooked after that. Lucky to have seen some great players during that time. Great manager who carried the team with him. I always reckoned that the seeds of our decline came with our ditching him. We had a succession of losers after that right the way through till Doddie got the job.

Edited by Deevers

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

4 if you count ‘65. ?

Tynecastlesmychurch
47 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

José? Might not be at United much longer! :laugh: