Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

On 19/05/2018 at 22:07, Frank1874 said:

Are you serious? The apathy at the end of last season was dreadful. We’d been on a horrendous run of form and fans were raging. I’ll have a look and see if there were any threads which might prove the point :thumbsup:

But we had the new stand supposedly opening in September and discounted seats. I think we'll be down by a couple of thousand on last year.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

That's not going to be easy. 

Berra actually wanted to move back to Edinburgh for family reasons and wasn't so much of a signing, as a gift. People of his quality are not cheap. 

On the ticket sales front, I don't care what anyone says here, the sales for a single month, have been nothing short of outstanding and we must have a good chance of at least getting close to last year. 

It also speaks volumes about our support, in that we have resilience to once again see beyond some absolute mediocrity and miss-management of our football team for two seasons in a row now. 

It's quite clear the previous performance of our manager isn't the primary driver for people buying season tickets. If this was true, Cathro would have seen off our or our upward sales trajectory a year ago, yet we are now running at almost 40 year highs, which is frankly incredible. One concern I have highlighted before however, is that this sales momentum may be petering out now, so perhaps performance may yet influence sales, although hopefully not. 

Regarding the manager. There is a significant minority would like to see the back of Levein, for various reasons, including me. It's a reality, whether some on here accept it or not. What I would like to add on this however, is that since Levein is clearly starting the new season, bickering about him now is pretty pointless. Only results and his away game mindset will dictate his future now. If I can accept this, as someone who has reached panto villain, bad guy status on JKB, I think we all can. 

Let's see what the close season brings us and how we start the season. 

Spot on. A fabulous post.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

But we had the new stand supposedly opening in September and discounted seats. I think we'll be down by a couple of thousand on last year.

The reduction in the main stand discount will more impact where folk sit rather than if they buy or not imo. We are almost at the couple of thousand down number already ( if the counts on here are to be believed ) with over two months until the season starts so I think being two thousand down on last year is unlikely. 

16 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Would have thought that the extra increase that main stand regulars are having to pay would have affected numbers but it appears not.

Since we are already touching 12K sales to be 2k down at the start if the season would mean not another ST sold between now and the new season.

Incidentaly we had only sold 13700 by the start of last season. The other 300 odd was made up of half ST sales.

9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Would have thought that the extra increase that main stand regulars are having to pay would have affected numbers but it appears not.

Since we are already touching 12K sales to be 2k down at the start if the season would mean not another ST sold between now and the new season.

Incidentaly we had only sold 13700 by the start of last season. The other 300 odd was made up of half ST sales.

I’m confident we’ll see sales of 13k+ by the start of the season. Perhaps down on last year but bloody good going I reckon.

Talk of sales being down ‘considerably’ ‘significantly’ or by ‘a couple of thousand’ (all of which has been fed to us on this thread!) is being put to bed with every dot count. (Well done on putting the poster to which you replied straight, btw ??)

We will prove again that we are amongst the most loyal supporters in the country. We may not have the biggest support but by God, we don’t half back our club. Hibs and Aberdeen supporters have proven they’ll turn their backs on their club when the going gets tough.

Heart of Midlothian supporters are made of sterner stuff.

@VladMagic
3 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

That's not going to be easy. 

Berra actually wanted to move back to Edinburgh for family reasons and wasn't so much of a signing, as a gift. People of his quality are not cheap. 

On the ticket sales front, I don't care what anyone says here, the sales for a single month, have been nothing short of outstanding and we must have a good chance of at least getting close to last year. 

It also speaks volumes about our support, in that we have resilience to once again see beyond some absolute mediocrity and miss-management of our football team for two seasons in a row now. 

It's quite clear the previous performance of our manager isn't the primary driver for people buying season tickets. If this was true, Cathro would have seen off our or our upward sales trajectory a year ago, yet we are now running at almost 40 year highs, which is frankly incredible. One concern I have highlighted before however, is that this sales momentum may be petering out now, so perhaps performance may yet influence sales, although hopefully not. 

Regarding the manager. There is a significant minority would like to see the back of Levein, for various reasons, including me. It's a reality, whether some on here accept it or not. What I would like to add on this however, is that since Levein is clearly starting the new season, bickering about him now is pretty pointless. Only results and his away game mindset will dictate his future now. If I can accept this, as someone who has reached panto villain, bad guy status on JKB, I think we all can. 

Let's see what the close season brings us and how we start the season. 

No Shit Sherlock. That does tend to happen when you shift 12k of them. Anyone explained supply and demand to you?

The rest of your post is pure justification of your intended being on here next season. My crystal ball says you will disappear for wins then appear when we lose. Particularly when we lose away from home so the seed you planted above will be in full bloom. 

You wanted to Hibs to beat Hearts. You will be reminded of this on a regular basis. Your credibility is zero. Craig Levein has more credibility in a toe nail. Whatever weird campaign you continue to run whether it be on your own or with some weird clique will be challenged and backed up with fact.

Have a lovely summer.

Question for anyone who subscribed to the payment plan, does anyone know when these start getting paid?

John Findlay
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

We predicted. We can't admit.

We allegedly play. Who this WE ?

You know the answer to that one laddie. Seeing as you're not the sharpest tool in the box perharps not.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Sticks and stones my wee pal.

They all missed my wee laddie.

thehibsaregay
44 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Question for anyone who subscribed to the payment plan, does anyone know when these start getting paid?

One month after been accepted 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, VladMagic said:

No Shit Sherlock. That does tend to happen when you shift 12k of them. Anyone explained supply and demand to you?

The rest of your post is pure justification of your intended being on here next season. My crystal ball says you will disappear for wins then appear when we lose. Particularly when we lose away from home so the seed you planted above will be in full bloom. 

You wanted to Hibs to beat Hearts. You will be reminded of this on a regular basis. Your credibility is zero. Craig Levein has more credibility in a toe nail. Whatever weird campaign you continue to run whether it be on your own or with some weird clique will be challenged and backed up with fact.

Have a lovely summer.

Other than your final sentence I very much agree with this. It must be a very sad and probably lonely existence. That's maybe why the wee band stick so closely together.

Enzo Chiefo
12 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Other than your final sentence I very much agree with this. It must be a very sad and probably lonely existence. That's maybe why the wee band stick so closely together.

You think too much JJ. I dont know what it is about football forums that brings out the "gang hut" mentality. Black or white, with us or against us. People have different opinions from you, deal with it. No-one is "sticking together", they happen to disagree with you on what"s best for the club. It really is that simple.

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

You think too much JJ. I dont know what it is about football forums that brings out the "gang hut" mentality. Black or white, with us or against us. People have different opinions from you, deal with it. No-one is "sticking together", they happen to disagree with you on what"s best for the club. It really is that simple.

I'm making no apologies for displaying contempt for anyone who comes on a Hearts forum, constantly attacks the club and says he wants us to lose to Hibs. If you want to be his buddy that's up to you.

I couldn't abide Tommy McLean and he turned out to be the disaster I expected but I wanted him to win every single game for Hearts. That's what supporters do. It really is that simple.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'm making no apologies for displaying contempt for anyone who comes on a Hearts forum, constantly attacks the club and says he wants us to lose to Hibs. If you want to be his buddy that's up to you.

I couldn't abide Tommy McLean and he turned out to be the disaster I expected but I wanted him to win every single game for Hearts. That's what supporters do. It really is that simple.

I don't know about that. I was delighted when we got beat from Dunfermline at the start of the season. Cathro staying on would have damaged us much more than losing that tie did.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

You know the answer to that one laddie. Seeing as you're not the sharpest tool in the box perharps not.

Didn't you see me win £6000 on the Chase.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, mitch41 said:

Didn't you see me win £6000 on the Chase?

Ftfy. :lol:

@VladMagic
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Didn't you see me win £6000 on the Chase.

No but I saw you win the final on "Pointless"

;)

10 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

"Contempt" is the buzz word of the moment it would seem 

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

It's the most accurate word I can think of to describe how I feel about folk who come on here saying they want us to lose to Hibs. I can understand why you would rally around them though.

6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It's the most accurate word I can think of to describe how I feel about folk who come on here saying they want us to lose to Hibs. I can understand why you would rally around them though.

I'm not rallying round anyone. I have no idea who said they would want is to lose to Hibs.  I can't understand such a thought process nor would I ever endorse it. I also would never want Hibs to win a trophy regardless of their opponent. So wind your neck in pal 

You are bickering with various people and taking considerable offence on an anonymous forum 

Calm yourself down 

@VladMagic
3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I'm not rallying round anyone. I have no idea who said they would want is to lose to Hibs.  I can't understand such a thought process nor would I ever endorse it. I also would never want Hibs to win a trophy regardless of their opponent. So wind your neck in pal 

You are bickering with various people and taking considerable offence on an anonymous forum 

Calm yourself down 

The irony is strong in this one.

16 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

The irony is strong in this one.

Anyone who has differing views is seen to be "attacking the club" 

That's where we are at on these boards 

38 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Get it right sunshine. Utter contempt is the phrase you are looking for.

Thanks for confirming you are nothing more than a troll though.

mainstandjambo

Latest count

Wheatfield   -    1198

Gorgie          -      654

Main             -      951

Roseburn     -    1247

Total              -    4050

25 sold since my last count on Friday night. Edging ever closer to 12,000.

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Wanting Hibs to win a derby is a wee bit more than differing views. You can't expect a cuddle after that. 

8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Get it right sunshine. Utter contempt is the phrase you are looking for.

Thanks for confirming you are nothing more than a troll though.

I know what you are "sunshine" 

3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Wanting Hibs to win a derby is a wee bit more than differing views. You can't expect a cuddle after that. 

I hope you are not referring to me 

@VladMagic
13 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Where have you made this one up? Its been peddled for a while now?

Back up your statement or retract it.

59 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

No but I saw you win the final on "Pointless"

;)

Pointless is crap. My pal Bradley is the man.

Lol

Edited by mitch41

19 minutes ago, Spencer said:

At the end of the day if you’re not renewing for footballing reasons you’re a fair weather fan. 

4 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Where have you made this one up? Its been peddled for a while now?

Back up your statement or retract it.

JJ has been suggesting people are attacking the club in earlier posts. Perhaps he can evidence what he means by that 

Back up or retract! Who the hell do you think you are 

heartsfc_fan

Just wondering. The dot count doesn't take into account wheelchair and carer sold tickets? That could potentially be another 30 odd onto the total?

2 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

At the end of the day if you’re not renewing for footballing reasons you’re a fair weather fan. 

No idea what you are talking about. I have renewed for 36th consecutive year. 24 years in same seat

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

What's that then Spencer?

Happy to pm you my details so you can come and have a chat if and when you ever attend Tynecastle 

Spare others from polluting another thread with this pish 

i wish jj was my dad
9 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I hope you are not referring to me 

No. I wasn't. 

Go back a bit on this thread I think and you will find a wee group including the obvious Hibs interloper saying they wanted us to lose the derby. The day before the game if I recall correctly.

At least some of them had the decency not to come back on the board.

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Happy to pm you my details so you can come and have a chat if and when you ever attend Tynecastle 

Spare others from polluting another thread with this pish 

I would be delighted to Spencer. I'm sure face to face you are a decent chap, as I am, I will be up for the red hot cauldron of the league cup group games.

Nice wee underhand dig in the olive branch though ??

5 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

No. I wasn't. 

Go back a bit on this thread I think and you will find a wee group including the obvious Hibs interloper saying they wanted us to lose the derby. The day before the game if I recall correctly.

At least some of them had the decency not to come back on the board.

Wanting Hibs to beat Hearts is utterly ridiculous.  Beyond my comprehension that's for sure 

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Spencer said:

Wanting Hibs to beat Hearts is utterly ridiculous.  Beyond my comprehension that's for sure 

?. I'm afraid my pish is well and truly biled about it and some of the other pish that polluted the thread. 

Offset a bit by sales holding up despite the dire warnings mind.

12 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Some fans will put themselves out financialy buying ST because the football is exciting & great to watch. With what we've had to put up with the last 18 months nobody can blame a fan for paying cash at the gate. 

7 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

?. I'm afraid my pish is well and truly biled about it and some of the other pish that polluted the thread. 

Offset a bit by sales holding up despite the dire warnings mind.

I have not been through the entire thread.  I suspect it's painful. 

Stating that you want Hibs to beat us a step too far though 

i wish jj was my dad
43 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Just a bit.

Punks No Deid
59 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Way beyond the pale IMO

Having watched Hearts over the yrs 12k seemed a massive crowd at times and to think we have that so far in ST sales, magic

To see a negativity on such numbers which will increase daily as the season approaches beggars belief 

We are by far the best supported team outside the OF, great eh and I'm  proud of our support 

Add FOH, makes me happy all day long 

Edited by jambo1961

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Punks No Deid said:

Way beyond the pale IMO

But be nice to them. They just have a different point of view.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, jambo1961 said:

Having watched Hearts over the yrs 12k seemed a massive crowd at times and to think we have that so far in ST sales, magic

To see a negativity on such numbers which will increase daily as the season approaches beggars belief 

We are by far the best supported team outside the OF, great eh and should be proud of our support 

Add FOH, makes me happy all day long 

I agree but don't swallow the suggestion that there is widespread discontent. Half a dozen posters saying the same thing over and over again isn't reflective of our wonderful support. Particularly when some of them are clearly Hibs

@VladMagic
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

JJ has been suggesting people are attacking the club in earlier posts. Perhaps he can evidence what he means by that 

Back up or retract! Who the hell do you think you are 

No. Different views = attacking the club is what you said.. Forget what JJ said. Talk to him later.

You said "Anyone who has differing views is seen to be "attacking the club" 

Strong words and as yet unfounded??

Back it or shut it

Clerry Jambo

If the dot count shows us having 4000 free seats available then I dont see how we are near 12K yet

I'm basing this on say 16K available seats in the home end, minus hundreds of hospitality seats in Gorgie and New Stand, I can't see how we are near 12K, mibbe just over 11K

Hope I'm talking Hibernian, just my thoughts