Motherwell Cup Tickets - Selt Oot!

August Landmesser

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/02/2018 at 17:41, PTBCAL said:

Said this before but our fans are incredible.

Imagine the backing a decent team would get.

On 28/02/2018 at 12:30, Lambo85 said:

Amazing support. There is a good chance there will be more Jambos there than Well fans.

44 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I'd be surprised if this goes ahead on sunday or Tuesday as the forecast not looking great for the next few days. 

The met office forecast says no more snow between now and Sunday so from that point of view if Motherwell can clear the snow it should have a chance. If they leave it and hope that it melts then no chance. I really want it to be on Sunday!

3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

The met office forecast says no more snow between now and Sunday so from that point of view if Motherwell can clear the snow it should have a chance. If they leave it and hope that it melts then no chance. I really want it to be on Sunday!

no chance of them doing that

heartsfc_fan

I'd be surprised if this goes ahead. More heavy showers over night. Temperature only really rises a small amount on Sunday so it's not going to melt.

Rocky jamboa
14 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I hope it's on sunday as well. 

The forecast I was looking at says more snow tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday, plus low temperatures, so not great conditions for a thaw out.

Not just that, travelling in these conditions is a nightmare!

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Just saw a piece on SSN. As both OF games are live on Sky this weekend. Celtic Park. Working furiously to get the game on. Clearing snow from all around the stadium determined to get the game on. Ibrox, not a thing. No one clearing snow. The place looked close. No cameras at Fir Park as that is the BBC  gig.

The rangers have previous for not clearing snow.

Motherwell, Hearts and - probably most importantly - the BBC will all want this to go ahead on Sunday. I'm sure Fir Park itself will probably be fine by then, all they need to do is get the snow off the pitch and entrances/exits. It'll just depend on the roads around the stadium and between Edinburgh/Lanarkshire. Hopefully, if the snow stops as it is forecast to the roads will be cleared through a combination of plows and the general increase in traffic over the next couple of days.

2 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

SFA statement.

DXOZ0mXWkAErFIp.jpg

Given how long these silly ***** took to appoint a manager, chief exec, groundsman, tea lady and astrologist, I’m no holding my breath. Rod and the Cove Rangers secretary will have to see if they have a pal that can tell if it’s snowing or not. 

Gorgie_Rules

With there being no more snow forecasted from now they have 2 full days and a morning to clear the area and ensure the pitch is playable - shouldn’t be a problem.

The biggest issue will be if trains aren’t running and whether roads are ok, again if no snow from now then shouldn’t be a problem.

If any more snow comes from tomorrow afternoon onwards (not forecasted) then it’ll be called off tomorrow night/saturday morning.

Let’s just hope the forecast is correct.

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

With there being no more snow forecasted from now they have 2 full days and a morning to clear the area and ensure the pitch is playable - shouldn’t be a problem.

The biggest issue will be if trains aren’t running and whether roads are ok, again if no snow from now then shouldn’t be a problem.

If any more snow comes from tomorrow afternoon onwards (not forecasted) then it’ll be called off tomorrow night/saturday morning.

Let’s just hope the forecast is correct.

Even if there is no snow the temperatures are going to be below zero during the nights and barely above zero during the days - there isn’t going to be a thaw.

Sorry if this has been covered but has there been any mention how tickets bought online this week will be delivered? I'm guessing they will have to be collected but Tynecastle doesn't look like it's gonna open any time soon.

6 hours ago, farin said:

Bit of a whiteout in Motherwell & on the M8 still so a big clear up operation needed before the police with give the go ahead on this game. 

6D2B7556-F4FB-46DA-B3BF-9B6933CC4349.jpeg

Take it they already have cleared the pitch once going by the photo

Clerry Jambo

Hearts face wait to learn fate of Motherwell Scottish Cup tie

Barry Anderson
5-6 minutes

926745735?-347:821
A blanket of snow covers the area around Motherwell's Fir Park stadium. Pic: SNS
A blanket of snow covers the area around Motherwell's Fir Park stadium. Pic: SNS

Published: 06:30 Friday 02 March 2018

Hearts face an anxious wait to learn if Sunday’s Scottish Cup quarter-final with Motherwell at Fir Park will go ahead. As snow continues to engulf Scotland, severe doubt surrounds all of this weekend’s football fixtures.

The Tynecastle side are due to kick-off in Lanarkshire at 2.15pm on Sunday afternoon. With roads treacherous, public transport at a standstill and the Fir Park pitch covered in snow, a postponement is a distinct possibility. If that happens, the match would then be rescheduled for this Tuesday evening, March 6, with a 7.45pm kick-off.

Hearts officials are liaising with their Motherwell counterparts and will put the safety of players and fans first. Police Scotland are also likely to be involved in discussions about the viability of the game going ahead.

Motherwell staff are attempting to clear the pitch and the surrounding area near Fir Park but the relentless precipitation is making that difficult.

Meanwhile, the Scottish Football Association have insisted every effort is being made to get all this weekend’s quarter-final ties played.

Celtic are due to host Morton tomorrow lunchtime while Kilmarnock travel to Aberdeen for a 3pm kick-off. On Sunday, Rangers face Falkirk at Ibrox (4.15pm).

An SFA spokesperson said: “At this moment in time, all efforts are being made to ensure the William Hill Scottish Cup Sixth Round fixtures go ahead as planned.

“There are no pitch inspections scheduled at this stage but we are in close contact with all clubs, police and local authorities to review all matches on a case by case basis.

“As always, the safety of supporters, players and staff is our top priority.”

This evening’s SPFL Championship match between Dundee United and St Mirren has already been called off on police advice, and a number of tomorrow’s fixtures have also fallen foul of the inclement weather.

St Johnstone’s Premiership match at home to Hamilton is postponed, as is the Championship game between Dunfermline and Livingston at East End Park.

In League One, Airdrie v Stranraer and Albion Rovers v Queen’s Park are both off. In League Two, Berwick Rangers v Stirling Albion, Clyde v Elgin City, Edinburgh City v Cowdenbeath and Peterhead v Stenhousemuir are also postponed.

A statement released by the SPFL yesterday said: “We will contact the clubs involved to reschedule these fixture at a later date. All other SPFL matches remain on at this point but will be reviewed at the earliest opportunity tomorrow morning.”

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Take it they already have cleared the pitch once going by the photo

Surely they will just switch the under soil heating on, think the surrounding area pavements and roads is  the issue with public health  safety 

2 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Surely they will just switch the under soil heating on, think the surrounding area pavements and roads is  the issue with public health  safety 

yep

portobellojambo1
18 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

You would think so. In sayiing that I'm guessing that it has been the same in Motherwell as through here and a lot of what has fallen was like snow pellets rather than snow flakes and it is very soft. They may lift off the top layer and then switch on the heating for a while to keep the surface and below surface frost free. I agree, the only potential problem in the area of the ground is that there is no large area where communal parking can take place, much of the parking, for both cars and buses is on local streets, so they will probably need the co-operation of the council to get those cleared. But I cannot see why it isn't do-able, if that is a word. Much rather go through there on Sunday than on Tuesday night.

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Fandango said:

Stir crazy here? 4ft drifts and canny get oot ?

Where is "here", if you don't mind me asking.

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Where is "here", if you don't mind me asking.

Linlithgow mate.

August Landmesser

Have Hearts (and Motherwell) managed to train at all this week does anyone know? It mightn't be just the actual game that's affected by the snow, but all the prep around it - training, catering deliveries etc.

hoof.hearted

Even if pitch is playable and M8 cleared, there is a good chance I'll still be snowed in with both cars in household stuck . I won't be alone in this so if game is on I'd probably be a no show . ?

portobellojambo1
6 minutes ago, Fandango said:

Linlithgow mate.

The surrounds of Edinburgh, both West and East, have got it fairly bad, and there is no bus services runnnig in Edinbburgh at all until 09:00 at the very earliest. Was having a look at the Met Office cloud movements for today and it looks as if the area around Dunbar, on the South of the Forth, and the East Neuk of Fife/St Andrews areas North of the Forth are in for the worst of today. West of the Falkirk area shows clear all day, in fact all weekend as well, but again you can only take so much from the information you can see online.

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

You would think so. In sayiing that I'm guessing that it has been the same in Motherwell as through here and a lot of what has fallen was like snow pellets rather than snow flakes and it is very soft. They may lift off the top layer and then switch on the heating for a while to keep the surface and below surface frost free. I agree, the only potential problem in the area of the ground is that there is no large area where communal parking can take place, much of the parking, for both cars and buses is on local streets, so they will probably need the co-operation of the council to get those cleared. But I cannot see why it isn't do-able, if that is a word. Much rather go through there on Sunday than on Tuesday night.

Getting a game of football on will not be a priority for the council. It's a shambles out there. 

The thought of trying to get there midweek (if Sunday cancelled) is just too much. Would have to drive so that would be 2 hours min in rush hour trafffic. Was really looking forward to Sunday - I think it’s only got a 10% chance of being on. Would rearranged match still be on tv? 

stirlingshirejambo
7 hours ago, farin said:

Bit of a whiteout in Motherwell & on the M8 still so a big clear up operation needed before the police with give the go ahead on this game. 

6D2B7556-F4FB-46DA-B3BF-9B6933CC4349.jpeg

it is such an odd stadium with the main stand not reaching the away end and the away stand built for the Old Firm being huge compared to the rest

In saying that I love that pic, perfect for a Motherwell FC Christmas card

10 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

it is such an odd stadium with the main stand not reaching the away end and the away stand built for the Old Firm being huge compared to the rest

Always hated the stadium. Ugly and disjointed. Four stands that look like they were borrowed from four different other stadia. The stanchion that sticks out the side of the small stand which doesn’t reach the full length of the pitch is funny. 

A60310E4-A569-4A7A-B498-6CBC963E0D37.jpeg

08E81679-0724-4B65-8919-E369D9A1F42C.png

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Can't see any way of it being on.

The pitch will be playable but it will probably be called off as Hearts fans can't get there safely.

Shame, as I'm really looking forward to this game.

Jambos_1874
14 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

I always wondered why the away end was completely outsized relative to the others. Is that genuinely in order to take advantage of the large crowds the OF bring?

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Always hated the stadium. Ugly and disjointed. Four stands that look like they were borrowed from four different other stadia. The stanchion that sticks out the side of the small stand which doesn’t reach the full length of the pitch is funny. 

I like the shed along the side of the pitch - looks like a decent place to watch from, but the home end behind the goal is one of the ugliest stands in Scotland with that huge out-of-scale fascia on it.

Plus it's in Motherwell.

Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

I always wondered why the away end was completely outsized relative to the others. Is that genuinely in order to take advantage of the large crowds the OF bring?

Yes. Ironically many of them will live in Motherwell though. I suppose you can’t really blame them for finding a way of getting that many locals to come to their local ground four times a season though.

3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I like the shed along the side of the pitch - looks like a decent place to watch from, but the home end behind the goal is one of the ugliest stands in Scotland with that huge out-of-scale fascia on it.

Plus it's in Motherwell.

As you say, it’s in Motherwell. That being the case, it’s not a fascia. It’s a big metal sticky up bit.

Tynecastle closed today again, announcement on collection of tickets for Motherwell to be made in due course.

53 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

And the fact that Royal Mail deliveries are not happening so probably half the 4,700 Hearts fans don’t have their tickets yet! 

Jambos_1874
5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Yes. Ironically many of them will live in Motherwell though. I suppose you can’t really blame them for finding a way of getting that many locals to come to their local ground four times a season though.

Good point. Most people I know from Motherwell are Celtic fans unfortunately. I like Motherwell as a club and they are reasonably well supported despite their proximity to the Weej.

Common sense decision would be postponed and re-arranged for Tuesday 13 March to allow time for this weather to get out of the way. However it’s the SFA who are calling the shots so anything is possible. 

Lanarkshire Council must have a hundred higher priorities than a football match in terms of getting things cleared up and moving again. Roads, hospitals, schools all higher priority I’d hope. 

9 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Good point. Most people I know from Motherwell are Celtic fans unfortunately. I like Motherwell as a club and they are reasonably well supported despite their proximity to the Weej.

I’ve got a pal out there so I get along to away games there quite frequently. It is rammed with Celtic and Rangers fans though. Sad reality of most of Scotland these days. Another club who lost fans of the next generation to the ‘big team’ and ‘wee team’ mindset of so many in Scotland. 

I see these stupid oversized away ends and unnecessarily big stadia like Rugby Park as depressing monuments to reason our football league is so shit. I don’t blame them for doing it, it’s just sad that it’s come to this.

Can’t see how I’m going to get to the game if it’s going ahead. Car is stuck in my estate. Can’t possibly dig my way out. And still need to pick the tickets up.

28 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

Tynecastle closed today again, announcement on collection of tickets for Motherwell to be made in due course.

I assume none of the additional tickets sold on Wednesday were actually sent out? 

1 hour ago, Beats said:

They should call it off now. Stop ****ing about.

Yup. Would rather not have to **** about in this weather and guaranteed cars, buses etc would still get stuck and the roads would be a nightmare.

Still don't have our tickets yet either and there's nae way I can make it into Edinburgh to pick them up.

The thing that is unusual about this snow (for the U.K.) is that it’s not going anywhere. There will therefore be nowhere for anyone to park safely, on Sunday or on Tuesday, as far as I can see. So I expect a postponement today and then another one. Hope to be proven wrong.

5 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

I assume none of the additional tickets sold on Wednesday were actually sent out? 

Postie’s not working yesterday or today anyway. 

Archived