Motherwell Cup Tickets - Selt Oot!

August Landmesser

chester copperpot
4 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Still no announcement regarding the tickets awaiting collection from ticket office, bit more comms would be helpful. Are they waiting to see if the game is postponed before having to come up with a cunning plan?

You'd think the club would just take them with them on Sunday and set up a booth or something

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

No way is our game off. Tomorrows games are on I believe and would expect further improvement in the networks by Sunday with the heaviest weather behind us

GorgieRules22

Hearts not really covering themselves in glory here, made an announcement regarding tickets about 6 hours ago and nothing since.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Hearts not really covering themselves in glory here, made an announcement regarding tickets about 6 hours ago and nothing since.

This whole situation could have been avoided. Started by taking 4 days to decide the TV games, then another week to release tickets, 11 whole days wasted.

Unfortunately this is just the icing on a rather poor process for a reasonably high profile event.

13 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Still no announcement regarding the tickets awaiting collection from ticket office, bit more comms would be helpful. Are they waiting to see if the game is postponed before having to come up with a cunning plan?

They're probably (hopefully) liaising with Motherwell about what to do, as Hearts will not only have collections to dish out but there's potentially hundreds of fans with tickets stuck in the post so it'll take a bit more organising from both sides for those people to get sorted.

6 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

At best it was a "holding" statement at that. Surely it can't be that hard to come up with something.

Hairy Nugget

Not sure what they are going to do with all the people with tickets stuck in the postal system!!

HAMILTON HEARTS

Hello there I'll no have a problem on Sunday being a Hamilton jambo ????????

chester copperpot
7 minutes ago, HAMILTON HEARTS said:

Hello there I'll no have a problem on Sunday being a Hamilton jambo ????????

Apart from the fact you live in Hamilton (I am Airdrie :lol: )

39 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

You'd think the club would just take them with them on Sunday and set up a booth or something

That'd be a good idea

August Landmesser
12 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Warren Hawke though ?

Aye, the SFA are really mistreating customers by trying to play the cup games on the scheduled date, that people have bought tickets and made travel plans for,

FFS. What a slaver.

49 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Can only assume there’s some debate going on re whether on or off

Saint Jambo

I imagine the two clubs are working together to come up with a solution. Setting up ticket booths at Motherwell seems sensible but will need to consider logistics like where to source a booth and queuing arrangements for potentially thousands of fans. More problematic is that for the tickets stuck in the post, if they hand out replacements they leave themselves open to fans abusing the system and ending up with duplicate tickets allowing an extra person in. We've seen similar problems at various Celtic and Rangers games as well as at games in England. Naive to think itnwouldn't happen at a Hearts game. 

42 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

They're probably (hopefully) liaising with Motherwell about what to do, as Hearts will not only have collections to dish out but there's potentially hundreds of fans with tickets stuck in the post so it'll take a bit more organising from both sides for those people to get sorted.

Tickets in the post is the big issue  They may not even have posted the tickets that were sold on Wednesday as TO closed early on Wed and has been closed since. Tickets to be collected is easily fixed with a pop-up booth at Fir Park on Sunday. 

45 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Very true but to say they will make an announcement later in the day and here we are at  16.04pm and not a cheap from them, not great.

They could at least say they are in discussions and suggest what the possibilties might be regarding people still waiting on their tickets. There surely can't be that many options!!!

portobellojambo1
29 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Maybe the club outside the ground !!

If you are talking about the place I think you are talking about (club down a street just behind their main stand) that has been closed now for about 3 years. Most of those who drank in there were rehoused in Dalzell Bowling Club, which is why they no longer accept visiting supporters either as they are now generally full pre match), although you may be thinking of that club as it is just over the road from the Davie Cooper Stand.

19 hours ago, 1953 said:

The met office forecast says no more snow between now and Sunday so from that point of view if Motherwell can clear the snow it should have a chance. If they leave it and hope that it melts then no chance. I really want it to be on Sunday!

Looks like it has changed a bit since you looked.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-03-04&lat=55.7926&lon=-3.9976

Hopefully something gets set up for us that have tickets in the post. Would rather the club ran the risk of duplicate tickets than done nothing atall and isolated a good percentage of the support.

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We seem to be the only club that hasn't had a press conference today aswell ???

I'm taking a wild guess that anyone at HMFC who is working today will be doing so from home, I'm sure Tynecastle as a location is closed today and was yesterday. I'm also guessing, given her previous business experience, that Anne has a situation in place where some staff may be able to network from home, and hopefully one of them has the word processing/typing experience to update the website.

21 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If you are talking about the place I think you are talking about (club down a street just behind their main stand) that has been closed now for about 3 years. Most of those who drank in there were rehoused in Dalzell Bowling Club, which is why they no longer accept visiting supporters either as they are now generally full pre match), although you may be thinking of that club as it is just over the road from the Davie Cooper Stand.

I  have a bad track record at Well , so dont go back

3yr eh, scary how time fly's

Fly the Saltire

Morton chairman is correct,  SFA have no consideration for the fans.  Yes the pitches are playable and local access OK but with limited public transport, particularly on Sunday, and minor roads still covered in snow, even if it is safe to travel there  there will great difficulty in getting parked anywhere near the ground.

GorgieRules22
Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm taking a wild guess that anyone at HMFC who is working today will be doing so from home, I'm sure Tynecastle as a location is closed today and was yesterday. I'm also guessing, given her previous business experience, that Anne has a situation in place where some staff may be able to network from home, and hopefully one of them has the word processing/typing experience to update the website.

All fairly bizarre the silence though. No update on people's tickets and the only club not to have a press conference.

2 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

Morton chairman is correct,  SFA have no consideration for the fans.  Yes the pitches are playable and local access OK but with limited public transport, particularly on Sunday, and minor roads still covered in snow, even if it is safe to travel there  there will great difficulty in getting parked anywhere near the ground.

I'd wager the vast majority of those attending will want it to go ahead on Sunday. Pretty confident the trains will be almost back to normal by then. Zero direct trains from Motherwell to Edinburgh after a match during the week.

2 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

Exactly, probably around 1000 vehicles (not including Well supporters who need to drive to Fir Park) arriving within a 1-mile radius of Fir Park, all the side streets already rammed with snowed in cars. As much as I'd love to be going on Sunday I still can't see how the authorities can weigh it all up and come to any other conclusion than postpone. Hope I'm wrong obvs..

GorgieRules22
Just now, feedthefox said:

Exactly, probably around 1000 vehicles (not including Well supporters who need to drive to Fir Park) arriving within a 1-mile radius of Fir Park, all the side streets already rammed with snowed in cars. As much as I'd love to be going on Sunday I still can't see how the authorities can weigh it all up and come to any other conclusion than postpone. Hope I'm wrong obvs..

The weathers also improving so it won't be an issue.

I’ve no idea what’s going on but I’m 100% certain that Hearts are to blame. :rolleyes:

Motherwell putting in a cracking effort to get the ground ready. 

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6572

Following discussions with Motherwell FC, as things stand, Sunday’s William Hill Scottish Cup Quarter Final tie at Fir Park will go ahead.

Motherwell will continue to work closely with all agencies, local authorities and Police Scotland into tomorrow.

All concerned are confident that the fixture will go ahead as planned.

Any further updates with regards to the match will be released as and when required.

The Hearts Ticket Office will open tomorrow at 10am for ticket collections.

No post has been uplifted from Tynecastle since Wednesday due to the weather, so any fans who have selected postage when purchasing from Wednesday should proceed to the Ticket Office to collect their tickets.

The Ticket Office and Clubstore will remain open until 3pm tomorrow, please note that the match is sold out and no tickets will be available to purchase.

As above 10am to 3pm tomorrow to collect tickets from Tynecastle 

Didn't say about any posted before Wednesday that might be with Post Office?

10 minutes ago, kila said:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6572

Following discussions with Motherwell FC, as things stand, Sunday’s William Hill Scottish Cup Quarter Final tie at Fir Park will go ahead.

Motherwell will continue to work closely with all agencies, local authorities and Police Scotland into tomorrow.

All concerned are confident that the fixture will go ahead as planned.

Any further updates with regards to the match will be released as and when required.

No post has been uplifted from Tynecastle since Wednesday due to the weather, so any fans who have selected postage when purchasing from Wednesday should proceed to the Ticket Office to collect their tickets.

The Ticket Office and Clubstore will remain open until 3pm tomorrow, please note that the match is sold out and no tickets will be available to purchase.

Any chance of someone doing me a favour and picking up my tickets please? Can sort it out over PM for name and address? Live in Dundee and am driving straight to Motherwell on Sunday so no chance of picking them up.

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Any chance of someone doing me a favour and picking up my tickets please? Can sort it out over PM for name and address? Live in Dundee and am driving straight to Motherwell on Sunday so no chance of picking them up.

@jake offered to do this earlier in the thread. Best contact him mate

2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I'll be heading down tomorrow so could help you out if they'll let me pick up someone else's tickets. 

Seeing as the game is now confirmed as going ahead I can no longer make it. 

I have 2 tickets available in block 3 lower section row p. 

Will sell them for the face value of £18 each. 

Collection from North West Edinburgh. 

11 minutes ago, Benzinho said:

I'll be heading down tomorrow so could help you out if they'll let me pick up someone else's tickets. 

Sounds good mate thank you. They should do I remember someone done it for me when we played Stenhousemuir a few years ago.

4 hours ago, Dunks said:

Being selfish, I want this game on. Probably wouldn't make Tuesday.

Me too. Postponement counts me out.

joondalupjambo
30 minutes ago, kila said:

So fe@k any of you who have purchased a ticket by post, who live out of town and cannot get to the ticket office on Saturday and cannot or don't want to get somebody else to collect it.  Is this the only offer the club are making for ticket collection?

As I posted earlier "We have your money chuckles...."

Suggestions like ticket booths at the game are sensible alternatives.  

It will be very interesting to see if when the supporters take over ownership of the club, and if this situation arises again, that collection would be the only option.

Also raises the real issue of duplicates being printed and seats being sold twice.

Appreciate it is tough times but come on Hearts fans in this day and age don't all live in Gorgie Road.

This is a nonsense. Are they saying if you can't get to the ticket office you're not getting your tickets?

15 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Sounds good mate thank you. They should do I remember someone done it for me when we played Stenhousemuir a few years ago.

Sent you a PM

I'm sure if you tell the club that you can't collect your tickets then they will issue a refund.

You would like to think they have at least investigated the possibility of setting up a collection point at Fir Park.

Not much more they can do though for a situation which was outwith the control of the club.

Archived