Motherwell Cup Tickets - Selt Oot!

August Landmesser

All roads lead to Gorgie
17 hours ago, Fandango said:

Postie was sharp here?

IMG_1096.JPG

Just as well this isnae a celtic forum as they would be forging that as we speak :clyay:

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Just having a look and if the games cancelled you could pretty much go from taken almost 5000 through to almost half of that. You can get a train there ok on the Tuesday but there's only trains with two changes on the way back that almost takes three hours. Let's hope they can get it on or there will be big numbers can't go. 

We took about 9000 through on a Tuesday night to motherwell for a league cup semi final about 7 years ago, it didn't seem to be an issue for travel

It being midweek would affect some people but not 2500..... maybe a couple of hundred less

Mars plastic
5 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

We took about 9000 through on a Tuesday night to motherwell for a league cup semi final about 7 years ago, it didn't seem to be an issue for travel

It being midweek would affect some people but not 2500..... maybe a couple of hundred less

Absolutely 100% carrect!

38 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Eh? I didn’t mention Tuesday but no I don’t - we don’t kick off at 7pm on a Tuesday night when we play there in the league so I expect it will be the same in the cup - might get moved slightly for tv though.

so you don't really expect the fans to be catered for then

Or just car drivers perhaps

Re live tv I do think there is a chance of a different kick off time if they are able to show game live on Tuesday 

No extra time to mess things too

13 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Yes.  As i posted a few days ago, let's hope it matters as much to the players as it does to the supporters.

I'm convinced that if we give it absolutely everything we can win the game and the Cup.

We need to silence that Pilrig rabble.

The Pilrig rabble .... I like that one Doug :leveinnaturalorder:

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

so you don't really expect the fans to be catered for then

Or just car drivers perhaps

I was meaning if all trains and buses are cancelled as they are today and roads not safe to travel on then I doubt the police would allow it to go ahead. If our fans can make it to a midweek league match then presumably they can make it to a midweek cup match when the same bus and train times will apply. 

With the ticket office being closed since lunch time yesterday with staff being sent home and closed again today, will there not be an issue with tickets being posted out for those who bought from the last batch of 1300 which only went on sale on Wednesday morning?

There are currently no mail vans getting through for collections either so could this not cause a postponement?

I have my ticket but a lot of punters won't have and not likely to have their ticket by Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I was meaning if all trains and buses are cancelled as they are today and roads not safe to travel on then I doubt the police would allow it to go ahead. If our fans can make it to a midweek league match then presumably they can make it to a midweek cup match when the same bus and train times will apply. 

Yeah

Games last night were cancelled more due to travel advice rather than pitches. 

New set up now with the red warning. 

20 football specials should do it. 

GorgieRules22

Weathers gradually getting better. We still have three days yet, hopefully no problems.

I think they'll try and make an early call so people aren't hanging on too long deciding what to do. I can see it being off.

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I think they'll try and make an early call so people aren't hanging on too long deciding what to do. I can see it being off.

Surely they have to give it a chance. We're still three days away so plenty time yet especially with an improving forecast.

17 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Surely they have to give it a chance. We're still three days away so plenty time yet especially with an improving forecast.

I think that both clubs will do all they can to get the game on on Sunday, whether that'll be enough though, we'll just have to wait and see.

Going to stick my neck on the line here ............................... it will be game on on Sunday

8 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Going to stick my neck on the line here ............................... it will be game on on Sunday

I reckon it will be called off as early as tomorrow .....  hope not though

Certainly improving weather today has made me much more optimistic and hopefully the only beast from the east this coming weekend will be a fired up hearts team! 

Sierra Delta

I think if there's any kind of doubt they'll call it off tomorrow. They won't want 5k people travelling through to Motherwell in potentially dangerous conditions. 

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

I think if there's any kind of doubt they'll call it off tomorrow. They won't want 5k people travelling through to Motherwell in potentially dangerous conditions. 

Come Sunday it's not going to be dangerous conditions, there improving more than anything.

For goodness sake Its Sunday it's on not tomorrow.  3/4 days and no snow from this afternoon.   If its postponed somebody is at it.

Fly the Saltire

Got ticket but not sure how I am getting there given weather conditions which are much worse through there.

However I am sure it will be like this in Motherwell on Sunday-

Plenty of tickets left for the home side...and they will have a cash gate in operation as well on the day

'Motherwell are just one game away from yet another trip to Hampden Park this season and a place in the last four of the competition.

Having reached one cup final this season, your support could help push us a step closer towards another as we strive for new cup heroes.

Tickets can be purchased in advance and, if you’re a season ticket holder, your seat has been reserved for you to purchase. Just pop by the Fir Park ticket office to secure yours. Please note the ticket office is closed on Thursday due to the adverse weather conditions.

Cash gates will also be in operation but we encourage all fans to try and buy in advance to minimise delays on the day.

Hearts supporters should contact their club for ticket information.

Kick off at Fir Park on Sunday is at 2.15pm.'

gashauskis9

Motherwell notorious for postponements in the past for far less than this.  I’ll be amazed if it’s on tbh.

Lucille's Thirsty
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Motherwell notorious for postponements in the past for far less than this.  I’ll be amazed if it’s on tbh.

Agreed. Some matches in Scotland are being PP so their not even taking a chance with the weather with what 72 hours to go.

maroonsgotop

lots of games already called off already including St J vs Hamilton (albeit for Saturday) looking like Tuesday to me 

It’ll be an absolute miracle if this game goes ahead on Sunday, no chance unless we get a very rapid thaw - then it’ll be waterlogged!!

On the off chance this goes ahead, anyone got a spare ticket? :lol:

My game on Sunday is presumably off and missed the chance to buy one.

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Hopefully travelling up Sunday as I've had to cancel travel plans for this week. if the game goes ahead I'll see you in the Home end. :laugh:

...a bit disco

Snow currently battering doon in my neck of the woods!

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, LewisR5-1 said:

Weather has been worse today than yesterday non stop so far in Musselburgh 

Just aswell we're no playing at Olive Bank then.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Just aswell we're no playing at Olive Bank then.

You think Motherwell has been basking in sunshine today like ???????

GorgieRules22
10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You think Motherwell has been basking in sunshine today like ???????

Aye tropical weather through there. There's no snow forecast for the next three days after tonight though in Motherwell not that it will matter as it will be postponed tommorow regardless.

Causes us a huge headache tho having a quarter final on a Tuesday and a Derby on the Friday....can you see the likes of Naismith,Hughes playing both games ?

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Aye tropical weather through there. There's no snow forecast for the next three days after tonight though in Motherwell not that it will matter as it will be postponed tommorow regardless.

Causes us a huge headache tho having a quarter final on a Tuesday and a Derby on the Friday....can you see the likes of Naismith,Hughes playing both games ?

If we are lucky Hughes will play neither.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

SFA to make decision on Friday re weekend Cup games it's being said

That worries me. :(

I need to get to Tynie to pick up our tickets for Sunday. There will be lots of others in the same boat, as well as those who requested posting.

1 hour ago, Fly the Saltire said:

Got ticket but not sure how I am getting there given weather conditions which are much worse through there.

However I am sure it will be like this in Motherwell on Sunday-

Pah, that’s barely a dusting. You can clearly see the entire wheels on that car. Here, not so. ?

Sydney Devine
1 hour ago, Locky said:

I probably will have a spare for the game.  Not received it yet though as I purchased this one in the last batch that went on sale this week and they have not been posted out yet.  I tried to PM you but got a message to say you can't receive messages.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

SFA to make decision on Friday re weekend Cup games it's being said

Saturday games I can understand.

Sunday games can easily wait until Saturday.

GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Saturday games I can understand.

Sunday games can easily wait until Saturday.

They'll panic and cancel everything tommorow.

11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

They'll panic and cancel everything tommorow.

If they can get new tv slots for all the games now I'd guess tomorrow. 

They'll panic and cancel everything tommorow   

43 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If they can get new tv slots for all the games now I'd guess tomorrow. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League games next week.  Does that still stop other live games being shown in opposition to them.

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, livi said:

They'll panic and cancel everything tommorow   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League games next week.  Does that still stop other live games being shown in opposition to them.

they've changed that ridiculous rule. 

John Findlay

Just saw a piece on SSN. As both OF games are live on Sky this weekend. Celtic Park. Working furiously to get the game on. Clearing snow from all around the stadium determined to get the game on. Ibrox, not a thing. No one clearing snow. The place looked close. No cameras at Fir Park as that is the BBC  gig.

Rocky jamboa

I'd be surprised if this goes ahead on sunday or Tuesday as the forecast not looking great for the next few days. 

Jambos_1874

I'm glad that they're allegedly going to decide tomorrow; it will at least give people clarity and avoid messing people around, especially those who have to travel from further afield (like Hamilton :)). Even if conditions are to improve they're still going to be pretty bad and there's no sense in dragging us through there in poor, and potentially dangerous, conditions.

Archived